Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I'm surprised, but both Mia and Brom have been serious champs in this run so far. Way more than I ever used them in PoR.

Ironically, Nephenee hasn't seen nearly as much action by comparison.

Edited by twilitfalchion

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

tenor_7.gif

I'm so sorry man. I thought you knew because that's how most Nintendo games have been operating since the Wii U era.

It's okay, I can get that back no problem-o! 

@Interdimensional Observer

Thank you as well! Sorry I cant quote you, its acting strange so yay. 

I dont mind the grind.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

BECAUSE ARAN>NEPHENEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Brom

BROM IS POWERFUL FEAR HIM

I'm surprised, but both Mia and Brom have been serious champs in this run so far. Way more than I ever used them in PoR.

Mia's best girl, no other reason needed! 

She's always top for kills in my playthroughs! 

1 minute ago, Benice said:

BECAUSE ARAN>NEPHENEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But he's dead.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Mia's best girl, no other reason needed! 

She's always top for kills in my playthroughs! 

At least she's starts stronger in RD compared to PoR. Her slow start is why I went with Zihark instead (and eventually Stefan when Zihark was killed).

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Biggest Lie in the History of Lies

Aran is useless, like most of the Dawn Brigade

Better than Neph IMO-She joins overleveled but is super squishy-Aran may not be the best unit, but he can actually be helpful when he joins, and, if trained, Part three because of his big bulk. Heck, he's probably one of the better candidates to choke the points in 3-6, with Jill, Volug and a well-trained Nolan probably eclipsing him-Sothe at that point has usually fallen off to some extent, and in my experience Edward's dodgetanking isn't reliable enough to really feel safe by leaving him to choke a point.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

if trained, Part three because of his big bulk. Heck

waste of EXP better used on Jill, Miccy, Sothe and Nolan

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlames 

This really did feel like that boss fight in Sora you showed me some time ago.

I especially liked the part where he was all like "You shall be erased!", but whenever he gets hit he yells "die!", so at one point it became "You shall-- DIE!" XD

Awesome! Sad you didn't make it, I was honestly rooting for you throughout the video!

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

@DragonFlames 

How much EXP up can I stack to gain the most in Megadimesion Neptunia? 

I think the highest EXP I ever got off of that Big Metal Doggoo was 21 million with a 50+ hit combo (which only God Eater, who is DLC can do on her own; but you can use Rom and Ram to hit for 25 hits each (they'll do 0 damage to him due to the Big Metal Doggoo being immune to almost all elements) and then finish it off with someone else.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

waste of EXP better used on Jill, Miccy, Sothe and Nolan

I get Nolan and Jill, but Miccy and Sothe? Sothe levels up so slowly that it's not worthwhile going out of your way to feed him kills, and Micaiah generally caps out in part one regardless and only really needs to use staves for the first while.

Unless we're specifically talking about Hard, which I don't have experience in.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I think the highest EXP I ever got off of that Big Metal Doggoo was 21 million with a 50+ hit combo (which only God Eater, who is DLC can do on her own; but you can use Rom and Ram to hit for 25 hits each (they'll do 0 damage to him due to the Big Metal Doggoo being immune to almost all elements) and then finish it off with someone else.

Is that faster or is just killing it as soon as the fight begins?

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This really did feel like that boss fight in Sora you showed me some time ago.

I especially liked the part where he was all like "You shall be erased!", but whenever he gets hit he yells "die!", so at one point it became "You shall-- DIE!" XD

Awesome! Sad you didn't make it, I was honestly rooting for you throughout the video!

Hehe thanks

and yeah the Ys rush is something else

i wanted to show you the last phase though (at 1000 HP) where he plays Tennis with you while spawning Black Holes and Touhou Spirals xD

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Miccy and Sothe?

They are force deployed through much of the game. If you can cap their lvls/stats with lvl ups from maps, you can use Bonus EXP to overcome their weakness

It's for example why my Miccy was much much faster than yours

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is that faster or is just killing it as soon as the fight begins?

It's probably faster if you just kill it as soon as the fight starts, to be honest.
You can try to get your hit count up as far as it can go with one of your characters, though. Just equip a weapon that has five slots for Rush attacks and then put in attacks that add up to the highest possible hit count, so you can maximize EXP gain that way.

i wanted to show you the last phase though (at 1000 HP) where he plays Tennis with you while spawning Black Holes and Touhou Spirals xD

"Player ga shinda!!"
"Kono hito de nashi!"

Edited by DragonFlames

"Player ga shinda!!"
"Kono hito de nashi!"

unironically yes xD

Like it just took me a couple more tries to reach final phase, but i got insta killed lmao

always always had trouble with it. It's why it took me so long to defeat that damn guy back then haha

unironically yes xD

Like it just took me a couple more tries to reach final phase, but i got insta killed lmao

always always had trouble with it. It's why it took me so long to defeat that damn guy back then haha

From what I've seen, that's totally understandable.
I don't think I'd have that patience, tbh. XD

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Also an awesome track playing in the background.

One of Falcom's best.

It also got remixed for Ys 7 Penultime Battle

From what I've seen, that's totally understandable.
I don't think I'd have that patience, tbh. XD

Honestly, it was a self imposed challenge after my try on hard took me a few days, but i had to grind to lvl 51

so i promised myself i will one day defeat the boss on lvl49, on Nightmare xD

You know what i like the best about Classic Ys fights? They weren't long. 10 Minutes max. Intense rush in short bursts.

Modern Ys kinda fails in that regard because some Boss fights last really really long

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's probably faster if you just kill it as soon as the fight starts, to be honest.
You can try to get your hit count up as far as it can go with one of your characters, though. Just equip a weapon that has five slots for Rush attacks and then put in attacks that add up to the highest possible hit count, so you can maximize EXP gain that way.

Gotcha, thank you! Any other advice?

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, it was a self imposed challenge after my try on hard took me a few days, but i had to grind to lvl 51

so i promised myself i will one day defeat the boss on lvl49, on Nightmare xD

I tip my non-existent hat!

You know what i like the best about Classic Ys fights? They weren't long. 10 Minutes max. Intense rush in short bursts.

Modern Ys kinda fails in that regard because some Boss fights last really really long

I couldn't imagine a boss like that lasting for half an hour or so. XD
However, I agree, I also like it when it's short and sweet, but still challenging and fun. I don't like it when bosses have super-inflated HP bars just to make the battle last longer than it needs to. It just makes it more tedious than anything else.

One of Falcom's best.

Bangin', that's for sure!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Gotcha, thank you! Any other advice?

Other than "buy a lot of Forbidden Twigs, so you can respawn the Big Metal Doggoo immediately", that's basically it, I'd say.
And you're welcome, of course! Always glad to be of help!

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I don't like it when bosses have super-inflated HP bars just to make the battle last longer than it needs to. It just makes it more tedious than anything else.

one of the main reasons why i didn'T give Ys 8 10/10 and the #1 game spot of all time

I freaking hated that Sponge of Life of a final Boss. 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

one of the main reasons why i didn'T give Ys 8 10/10 and the #1 game spot of all time

I freaking hated that Sponge of Life of a final Boss. 

I see, I see!
Maybe I'll make it that far eventually myself!
If I can finally get a hang of how the game plays, that is. I curse my own ineptitude...