• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

That was a satisfying map to clear from start to finish. Honestly, RD has some of the best map design I've seen in the entire series. Top notch and just enjoyable to play through. 👍

One of the funniest lines from the game so far: "Now how I am going to get my kid a stuffed laguz?"

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

It's fine xD

sometimes a game just doesn't click

i know that feeling too well haha

It's just a little frustrating, since I absolutely loved the graphics, music, and especially the environments - as little of them as I have seen. And the characters seem to be really fun, too, so it'd definitely be right up my alley.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That was a satisfying map to clear from start to finish. Honestly, RD has some of the best map design I've seen in the entire series. Top notch and just enjoyable to play through. 👍

One of the funniest lines from the game so far: "Now how I am going to get my kid a stuffed laguz?"

Glad you're enjoying yourself!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

RD map design is 👌

Then Part 4 happens...

Just now, DragonFlames said:

It's just a little frustrating, since I absolutely loved the graphics, music, and especially the environments - as little of them as I have seen. And the characters seem to be really fun, too, so it'd definitely be right up my alley.

Did you try changing the controlls? I couldn't play with the controlls the game started with, either

gimme a sec i will send you my configuration

RD Endgame is amazing, though.
Some of the most fun I've had with any FE game, tbh.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Did you try changing the controlls? I couldn't play with the controlls the game started with, either

gimme a sec i will send you my configuration

I'm playing it on the PS4, but I can try that, definitely!

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Other than "buy a lot of Forbidden Twigs, so you can respawn the Big Metal Doggoo immediately", that's basically it, I'd say.

And you're welcome, of course! Always glad to be of help!

Way ahead of you on that end.

I really appreciate it!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Rout maps with reinforcements is a common complaint I've seen.
I personally don't mind it, to be honest.

Oh okay. That doesn't sound so bad. That's basically 85% of Awakening's maps anyway.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Way ahead of you on that end.

Good, good!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I really appreciate it!

^^

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Oh okay. That doesn't sound so bad. That's basically 85% of Awakening's maps anyway.

True.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm playing it on the PS4, but I can try that, definitely!

swetap0.png

hopefully that helps^^

RD Endgame is amazing, though.

best in the series imo

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh okay. That doesn't sound so bad.

Reinforements that never end

Rout maps with reinforcements is a common complaint I've seen.
I personally don't mind it, to be honest.

Really? Others think this? Huh, I always thought that made them more interesting.

Edited by lightcosmo

nobody will ever convinve me something like this is fun

HN9InEF.png

Those are all reinforcements that appear @twilitfalchion

Iirc some more even appear

And all of Part 4 is like this

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Really? Others think this? Huh, I always thought that made them more interesting.

I hate rout maps in general

Having reinforcements in them just make me hate the fact that i ever picked up fire emblem ngl. Makes map so damn tedious and never ending

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

swetap0.png

hopefully that helps^^

I'll try it out once I get back to the game!
I have so many others on my plate right now. XD

Thanks a bunch! ^^

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

best in the series imo

For me, it has to contend with being co-best alongside Echoes' and Verdant Wind's respective finales, because I absolutely enjoyed those.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, Shrimperor said:

nobody will ever convinve me something like this is fun

HN9InEF.png

Those are all reinforcements

I hate rout maps in general

Having reinforcements in them just make me hate the fact that i ever picked up fire emblem ngl. Makes map so damn tedious and never ending

I suppose that's one way to look at it. 

But if they didn't have them, you would face like, 35-40 enemies on that map, mode pending of course. I dunno, I just like them, can't explain why.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But if they didn't have them, you would face like, 35-40 enemies on that map

That map already starts with so many enemies to begin with

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I dunno, I just like them, can't explain why.

I don't mind reinforcements as much in non-rout maps (although they can get annoying (and do at times)). In rout maps though? I detest them. When you almost finished a map i don't want reinforcements that make me play for 10 more turns so i can kill units that i have to hunt accross the map at places where i already was

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

That map already starts with so many enemies to begin with

I don't mind reinforcements as much in non-rout maps (although they can get annoying (and do at times)). In rout maps though? I detest them. When you almost finished a map i don't want reinforcements that make me play for 10 more turns so i can kill units that i have to hunt accross the map at places where i already was

Well, considering how fast enemies get wiped out at that point in the game, they really arent that bad, I think.

I can see your point though. 

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

When you almost finished a map i don't want reinforcements that make me play for 10 more turns so i can kill units that i have to hunt accross the map at places where i already was

I understand that, although I typically don't mind because it gives me a chance to get some extra exp for my units.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh. What fun.

yeah...

Honestly though, out of like 40 maps, only 5 or so are really bad, the rest range from good to excellent

the problem is that those bad maps come all behind each other

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't mean literally stealing them at the altar the way you can in RF2, or anything like that.

A small part of me kinda wants this back if only because how hilarious it is. When i'm the one doing it, of course.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But the way rival marriage has worked in the past, is that if you don't wed someone by a certain date, the rival will propose to them first, and I believe in the SoS games with it, you may have had to have viewed all the rival events leading up to that particular marriage as well. I wouldn't know, but maybe some people were bothered by the chance of losing out on their beloved, which they in their anger would call "theft" -thats what I meant. But if you're really devotedly pursuing a potential spouse, what's the chance that would actually happen?

Ah that. Yeah, i wouldn't mind having that back. 

I do take it that if you started dating someone before the due date, then the rival can't propose to them? Cause it'd be weird if the rivals can just break the rules.

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Modern Ys kinda fails in that regard because some Boss fights last really really long

Ys 7 boss fights

Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have only one Part 4 map I really dislike, and one I'm so-so on. The others I actually like.

Tbh, the only maps I've disliked so far were the FoW maps, and that's just because I dislike FoW as a mechanic in any FE game. Everything else has been very unique and (to me at least) seems very well thought out. As long as those reinforcement-heavy maps don't require me to use the DB exclusively or something like that, then I don't think I'll mind them all that much.