Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Bathhouse scenes? Is that what people are into these days?

I mean even 

Spoiler

Sky FC had a bathhouse/hot spring scene

But at least it was done pretty tastefully I thought. Most of the time it’s just tacky fanservice though, IMO.

Edited by twilitfalchion

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

apparently there was suppossed to be a 3rd game in the series (to follow on that reveal at the end) to come out, but they decided to not do that

20190524_214019.jpg

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Most of the time it’s just tacky fanservice though, IMO.

Ehhh sometimes. But I just see it as more of a cultural thing. I don't mind it too much.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

85A8DE47-09C9-4452-BB57-F7A6E41BC48E.thumb.jpeg.2d3233a1f7bf03ff437881930f5be3ae.jpeg

My weather right now.

*insert roasting human gif*

Luxury! I’m pretty sure you could boil an egg on my chest at this point.

Edited by Wraith

I usually loathe hot springs/bathhouse scenes in games, too often they're merely straight male perversion, not interesting, rather annoying to me.

If you drop the "ooh I can't wait to spy on the nekkid girls talking about bust sizes!" stuff. And leave out any "humor" related to wacky stuff happening while nude and being embarrassed about it. I would be fine with bath scenes, a soak and a conversation by itself is perfectly acceptable.

That said, having artwork of women and men!- provided they're not underage- in skimpy towels or less isn't bad! Why? 

Screen-Shot-2020-08-11-at-5-50-30-PM.png

Taken ...from a spa scene.😄 

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Time stamped. Major spoilers for Berseria ofc

@DragonFlames as i remember her also didn't view this

Fascinating stuff right here. Made me like Velvet even more, tbh.
Thanks for the notification!

---

Speaking of stuff I like, I continued my run through Nights of Azure and beat the next boss.
A giant living merry-go-round horse. This boss has one peculiar trick to it: if you empty its health bar once, it'll go down and drop a treasure chest just like every other boss, however, if you approach the treasure chest, the thing will revive with 25% of its maximum HP remaining and use a final attack that can kill you if you're not careful.
Luckily, dodging it is pretty easy, but I remember being thrown for a loop in my first playthrough.
By the way, you HAVE to "fall for it" in order to progress. It's part of the boss fight. But it can catch you off guard.
It is for this reason that the Blue Blood Cavalry Caroussel is one of my personal favorite bosses in this game.

And after the battle was done and over with, the two comic relief characters appeared: the demon researcher Professor Alucard, and the thief pretending to be a merchant (or merchant having the air of a thief around him) Lloyd.
Literally the first thing Alucard does upon meeting Arnice is ask to let him "research her body", which leads to Lloyd labeling him as "Professor Pervert", which then sparks a heated discussion between them... to which Arnice's reaction is to simply walk off and leave them behind. XD

On my way to the boss, I also met my second favorite character in this game for the first time this playthrough:
gkB8HhI.jpg

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

latest?cb=20200618161254

Ayy! Nice!
This Professor Alucard is more... uh... nerdy, shall we say?

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The character i would love if i ever played the game xD

I have little doubt about that!

Yeah, that's a really nice pic of Christophorus! Although she looks too cute to be a pureblooded demon.

-------

I love that theme that plays in certain scenes, "A Cat Relaxing in the Sun."

So chill. This is the Evo version, but it's very similar and just as pleasant.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Oh yeah, that theme is beautiful!

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, that's a really nice pic of Christophorus! Although she looks too cute to be a pureblooded demon.

Don't judge a book by its cover, as they say! XD

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Sorta. I think having Morag be an absolute dodge tank with Corvin is the main strategy and having Shulk for the first few seconds of the fight so i can Vision QTE is useful.

The restrictions is just Custom difficulty where everything that would benefit me is turned to it's lowest setting and everything that would benefit the enemy is turned to it's highest. 

With Shulks visions the best attack to block against is the one where it hits about 15 times or so, if i remember correctly. Cant remember the arts name, though.

Well assuming your focusing accessories on agility of course, what else do you have equipped? 

Just now, Shrimperor said:

scary amusement parks!

Always a good place for some horror

Indeed!

This amusement park in particular has enemies that self-destruct when you defeat them (sound familiar, no? XD). And then bigger versions of those that explode just from you approaching them.
And then there's the spike traps in the floor, and... well...
UED2EYC.jpg

What the hell kind of amusement park has literal pillars of fire coming out of the ground?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This amusement park in particular has enemies that self-destruct when you defeat them (sound familiar, no? XD). And then bigger versions of those that explode just from you approaching them.

yamete.png

Lovely

xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

yamete.png

Lovely

xD

Yep...
Luckily, you have a dodge roll that makes you invincible for the duration, so corridors filled with the things you can just dodge roll through and avoid the explosions entirely.
Your Servans, however... aren't as lucky, but their AI is generally smart enough to evade the explosions, too.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

With Shulks visions the best attack to block against is the one where it hits about 15 times or so, if i remember correctly. Cant remember the arts name, though.

Twinbarrel Autocannon. Kurodil usually opens up with that. 

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well assuming your focusing accessories on agility of course, what else do you have equipped? 

Both Morag and Tora have accessories that start them off with major aggro. Morag also has a crit-heal accessory.

Everyone has pouch items that increase Art and Special recharge rates and Nia has a pouch item that increases Party Gauge rate. But even with that, thanks to the parameters i set in Custom, recharge Artes for Party Gauge and Specials is still pretty slow. Even the Lv.4 Specials. which automatically charge up, take a while to reach.

I always liked Ruan in Sky FC, and it's still one of my favorite towns in Trails. The music kind of reminds me of Mario Sunshine with the steel drums.

He may be a flirt, but Kevin seems to be a very likable character. I like how even though Trails has characters with trope-ish personalities, none of them (so far anyway, Sky FC included) have been overplayed. Each character has a good bit of depth beyond one single characteristic.

-------

One thing I forgot to mention earlier...can I just say how great the opening to Sky SC is? Because it is. The song is catchy and the animation is so nice. I liked FC's a lot, but this one is made even better by how good the song is. Maybe I appreciate things like that in games a bit too much, but hey, I like good music. What can I say?

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

One thing I forgot to mention earlier...can I just say how great the opening to Sky SC is? Because it is. The song is catchy and the animation is so nice.

Gin no ishi

KIN NO TSUBASA!

I time stamped something for you!

Btw you already heard the non Lyric version of the SC op in FC, during a certain hard fight 😉

Edited by Shrimperor