Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Even PS1? That system is easy to run, even with low specs.

Even PS1. It took me quite a while to get the stuff i need to emulate it, and even then it doesn't run well.

PS3 emulation once crashed my PC. And i do have a pretty good pc

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Do you need the PS2 bios? Because I have a link for that as well if you want it.

Yes pls! And a guide on which bios file to use since they are like a 100 of them.

I will finish Nameless Heroes translated chapters soon, then i might give Berwick a try. If i can get it to run and see how much Kaga annoys me this time, that is xD

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

If i can get it to run and see how much Kaga annoys me this time, that is xD

inb4 you don't like because we are not allowed to agree

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

If i can get it to run and see how much Kaga

The first map and a bit is particularly slow,for some reason. I don't know why, though. (Unless maybe that was just a thing for me? It ran ch. 1 at about 80-85% speed and then everything else at 95+% speed. Also, if it does run slowly, just turn off animations.)

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

inb4 you don't like because we are not allowed to agree

Eternal Rivals eh?

Honestly, here's what i am worried about

• RNG: Mainly Hitrates, but also capturing and weapon durability and whatever Kaga RNG. Kaga loves his RNG. Although i did hear from people you can somewhat megitate the RNG, but they are also mostly people who love Kaga RNG jank, which i am not the biggest fan of. 
  • Kaga cryptic and surprise and stuff. Not only limited to ambush spawns (which already made me drop a fan game last week, i really really hate that stuff), but also events the player has way of knowing they exist (plenty of those in FE4 and Thracia), and stuff like unmarked warp panels that warp you to a death room and there's nothing to do about it, to status staves that last the whole map without giving the player any restore staves. Not to mention, unlike Thracia, it seems there's no spoilerless guides, only a mechanics one
  • I am not a fan of Kaga's stories, but i can look the other way if the gameplay is fun. I mean i praise the hell out of conquest and it has the worst story ever written xD
Edited by Shrimperor

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Even PS1. It took me quite a while to get the stuff i need to emulate it, and even then it doesn't run well.

PS3 emulation once crashed my PC. And i do have a pretty good pc

Wow, my low grade laptop can run PS1. Your settings might be an issue.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

RNG: Mainly Hitrates, but also capturing and weapon durability and whatever Kaga RNG. Kaga loves his RNG. Although i did hear from people you can somewhat megitate the RNG, but they are also mostly people who love Kaga RNG jank, which i am not the biggest fan of. 

We disagree on this topic a lot, but hitrates are generally in the control of the player, and you get quite a few resources and units who will have sky-high hitrates. Heck, even me, who gets screwed over frequently by the RNG and capture system still doesn't mind it.

Case in point: (spoilered for size)

Spoiler

qjOiYHs.png

Guess who got crippled here!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Kaga cryptic and surprise and stuff. Not only limited to ambush spawns (which already made me drop a fan game last week, i really really hate that stuff), but also events the player has way of knowing it exists (plenty of those in FE4 and Thracia), and stuff like unmarked warp panels that warp you to a death room and there's nothing to do about it, to status staves that last the whole map without giving the player any restore staves. Not to mention, unlike Thracia, it seems there's no spoilerless guides, only a mechanics one

No ambush spawns, Fog of War is actually fair, (enemies are blind too) no weird random trap tiles, as far as I am aware. There are two things that are unfair and one thing that's not unfair but just... really weird, and both unfair things are one-offs, thank heavens.

There is some info hidden from the player, such as promotion requirements, but generally using a unit will result in their promotion. (Also, small spoilers regarding the Est of the game, who appears in chapter 6)

Spoiler

Save the liquid magic for her. Trust me.

I'm no expert, but I can try to explain stuff; Alternately @Saint Rubenioor @Spara may be willing to give you some tips and pointers on the game, since both understand the game in a much more in-depth way than I do, so you could try asking them for advice.

Hope you have fun! Make good use of Reese's commander skill!

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

We disagree on this topic a lot

I still wonder how our FE5 and FE6 experiences are so reversed XD

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hope you have fun! Make good use of Reese's commander skill!

Thanks^^

Maybe later today i will post some pics

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I still wonder how our FE5 and FE6 experiences are so reversed XD

1rn.

Although I don't mind missing that much, it happens. It sucks when it happens at a bad time, though.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's not really about that, though. In FE5 is was rarely, if ever, dealing with hitrates below 80

FE6 was sub 60 any time i was not using swords, even on WTA

I guess we just miss the marks we're looking for in the game we dislike. (Although I still don't mind Thracia.) I felt that in FE5, most of my units have around 75 hit or less. Like, Dalsin, Marty, Osain using anything but the pugi... Halvan, Dagda and Eyvel were the only ones who really hit reliably, and now Matcha and Karin are pretty good. Leif has good hitrates but enjoys missing. A lot. Still less cursed than my Czene, who was captured 9 times in ten chapters of Berwick. Wow.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:

I felt that in FE5, most of my units have around 75 hit or less

Hmm

Strange

Did you usually send units who support each other together? Because that's one of the most important aspects of FE5, as the support Bonuses are quite big. Add to that that Leif has support with almost everyone, and the charm skill, and you should have 100 hit almost every time.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

eif has good hitrates but enjoys missing. A lot.

1 RN is a mistake

Just now, Benice said:

And I'm pretty sure Marty is a meme unit.

he is XD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Did you usually send units who support each other together?

Supports are in Thracia?

This is why I shouldn't have played it blind...

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

From what I understand, Marty isn't even worth using. I threw him to the bandits when I tried Ch. 2x.

You monster!!!!!!!!1!1 I bet you'd kill Derrick too, how dare you!!!!!

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Supports are in Thracia?

Yeah! And one of the main reasons why Leif is so good is that he supports almost everyone.

5add174d517dd_SupportBranch.thumb.png.67

Add to that Charm skill which you can give him + Nanna's personal Charm skill...

Edited by Shrimperor

Support conversations don't exist and it's not displayed who has a support with whom, but certain units like Dagdar / Orsin and Tanya or Leif and Nanna have crit and evasion boost, if they are max. two spaces away. Some supports can be extracted by reading the ingame dialogues and knowing the relationship to each other.

Edited by Julian Teehee

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

Supports conversations don't exist and it's not displayed who has a support with whom, but certain units like Dagdar and Tanya or Leif and Nanna have crit boost / evasion if they are max. two spaces away.

Dang, Thracia would have been so much better if it got remade...