• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hm...maybe I'll go back to Thracia today.

I left off before Ch. 2x, but had to restart because of Leif getting killed.

I could also continue with TRS.

OpenEmu's newest version seems to have fixed the slowness issue on my laptop.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

TRS has a similar support system.

Actually, come to think of it, Berwick does too. The bonuses are just so insignificant that I forgot-Take Elbert and Christine's support, for example. It grants a whopping 1% hit.

The supporter skill, however, is super useful.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Does Berwick have any good map themes in it?

I found the map themes to be pretty good from what i watched

I especially like the battle theme though

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yep! A lot are pretty good-There are two that I don't particularly like, but the rest are quite good. Amongst my favorites is the final map theme, which is amazing and my fav. in the series:

Spoiler

And the desert theme, which only plays in one of the desert maps for some reason:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I especially like the battle theme though

You start hearing it in your dreams eventually.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Julian Teehee said:

Is Berwick Saga for PC?

PS2, (Japan only) but it can be emulated thanks to the Legendary Aethin making a translation patch.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Mmkay, so good map themes are a check, then. I dont like when games dont have catchy music, it just makes it feel like a bit more of a drag to me.

same lel. Music can make a game so much better than it actually is. But also worse

6 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

PS2 isn't regionlocked, is it?

I have a PS2..... though I have no idea how common a copy of this game is.

If you mean an actual PS2, you can buy a special lid that allows you to run JP games. Well, it's a lid and a disc, but you get the idea.

Edited by lightcosmo

Welp, my old laptop finally died last night.
Had to go out and get a new one today. So I got one with a slightly better processor.
Other than the fact that reinstalling everything taking up half the day today and that was kind of annoying, guess what?
desmume still runs like shit. And so does the PS2 emulator.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If you mean an actual PS2, you can buy a special lid that allows you to run JP games. Well, it's a lid and a disc, but you get the idea.

So it's regionlocked, welp.

I don't want to make that much effort for just one single game,I can't say if it's worth.

For the Crossbell games I made an exception and bought a PSP because I convinced that I will love these games for having played other games of this series.

For Berwick Saga I have no reference aside of recommendations.

16 hours ago, Benice said:

Yeah, depending on what you did with base stats, some units will be utter trash. Like my Ninian and Nils, for example:

skLxGkl.pngwGqh5NK.png

Their personal bases are just not meant for combat-Most thieves will also be terrible, but Marcus is likely to still be insane.

F

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Had to go out and get a new one today. So I got one with a slightly better processor.
Other than the fact that reinstalling everything taking up half the day today and that was kind of annoying, guess what?

Sorry 'bout that. Hope you didn't lose any more important files.

Have you tried any other types emulation to see if they're any better, like PS1?

29 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Don't mind me, I'm just here to drop my favorite two. Not that they're the only two I like. I don't think there's any music in Berwick Saga I don't like.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also, this absolute baller of a boss theme as a bonus.

Spoiler

Anyway, thanks for the ping, @Benice. It truly pleases me to see so many people intending to play Kaga's greatest masterpiece. You can really tell he learned a few lessons from his prior six games. There's still some of that lovely Kaga jank, but it's nowhere near the level of unfairness of FE5, or the level of obscurity of FE4, or the tedium of TRS. It's a very tightly designed game, with unique mechanics, interesting and memorable maps, an excellent story with many awesome characters (both playable and otherwise), great music, gorgeous visuals...

Really, I could spend all day gushing about this game. Might very well be my favorite of all time. It's that good. Please play it if you can, everyone.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

F

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Grats!

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Well, processor alone isn't enough for gaming

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sorry 'bout that. Hope you didn't lose any more important files.

Thanks!
Thankfully, I made a backup just two days ago, so I didn't lose anything, basically.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Have you tried any other types emulation to see if they're any better, like PS1?

The usual ones (GBA and PSP) work like a charm, thankfully. I haven't tried emulating PS1 games, because not much stuff on that console actually interests me.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

F

Indeed.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Grats!

Thanks! ^^

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, processor alone isn't enough for gaming

Good point.
Just goes to show that PS2 and DS games I don't already have will forever be things of myth for me. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

Also of note, I saw someone actually trying to find a boyfriend, which wouldn't be weird were it not for the fact that they were posting this on a mobile game chat room. I mean, really? Even some of the other users lampshaded how weird this was. Immediately after the user in question posted.

Edited by Shadow Mir