Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Sauropod + 2 owls = nightmare

Panic status is not funny, especially if it disables the single tank you have on your team... and especially if the sauropod has an attack that just outright murders half your team.
Yikes.

Thanks to that group that appears frighteningly often, progress through the 10th floor is slow.
I was also stopped by a guy called Wilhelm, and his partner Artelinde, together known as Guild Esbat. Wilhelm calls himself "Der Freischütz" after the opera by Carl Maria von Weber.
That aside, these guys basically force you to go back to town to accept a mission from the Duchy to slay the Flame Demon, which is the upcoming boss I am in the middle of preparations for. Hope things will go well!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

All that unique magic talk reminds me of the magic system i posted in the old LPW thread a couple months back

Reveal hidden contents

ABniVnj.png

👍👍👍

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

What’s Bravely Default like? I hadn’t heard great things ngl

Amazing game honestly
The combat works kinda like Octopath where each character can have multiple turns however unlike Octopath, each character can preform up to 4 different things in one turn. These are preform via something called BP, they need to build these points by default\defending. The player can even brave turns without bp costing them to skip a turn.

This creates an amazing system where the player can combo four different abilities together, like using an attack that lower defence, buffing your damage and then immediately hitting an enemy with a hard attack all in one turn.
Not only that but each of the four characters can chose a main job\class (knight, black mage, thief) and then secondary job and then mix abilities from those 2 jobs to create a combination class.
Honestly it's a crpg in terms of how creative you can make your party.
It does have it's flaws, as you've heard, the second half of the game is a slog of repeated content. It's still worth playing if you have a 3ds. The sequel Bravely Second is also worth playing but don't skip the first game.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That only really forces you to use AA's, which waste time as they are an awful attack option.

You're forced to use AAs while you wait for your Arts to recharge anyways, might as well make it in a way that I can actually contribute. And Hit-based AAs means the existence of AA cancelling (and Art cancelling but Soul Voices already kinda do that) and we all know that AA cancelling is objectively helpful.

Also, infinite Overdrive and hit-based AAs can coexist too. Just look at the crit-recharge builds in Xenoblade 2 or heck, even Zeke's Eye of Shining Justice mode.

Well, that's not true. There are alot of good ways to keep up overdrive.

Never said there weren't but what I mean was you aren't gonna reach the crazy levels you see online until post-game really.

With 8 arts, that could start to get inconvenient.

Nah, like I said, it basically has already been done with Torna.

7 minutes ago, Shrow said:

Amazing game honestly
The combat works kinda like Octopath where each character can have multiple turns however unlike Octopath, each character can preform up to 4 different things in one turn. These are preform via something called BP, they need to build these points by default\defending. The player can even brave turns without bp costing them to skip a turn.

This creates an amazing system where the player can combo four different abilities together, like using an attack that lower defence, buffing your damage and then immediately hitting an enemy with a hard attack all in one turn.
Not only that but each of the four characters can chose a main job\class (knight, black mage, thief) and then secondary job and then mix abilities from those 2 jobs to create a combination class.
Honestly it's a crpg in terms of how creative you can make your party.
It does have it's flaws, as you've heard, the second half of the game is a slog of repeated content. It's still worth playing if you have a 3ds. The sequel Bravely Second is also worth playing but don't skip the first game.

Hmmm... might look into that. Definitely got some Octopath vibes reading that. Is it also super grindy?

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Hmmm... might look into that. Definitely got some Octopath vibes reading that. Is it also super grindy?

Not really, any solution can be solved with a creative and smart team solution.
The game is actually pretty broken with some team comps so worst comes to worst just googling the broken comp to win everything
Only use google as a last resort though, don't spoil yourself the best strategy.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...seems i fucked up Owen's recruitment

FUCK

You need 5 happiness. Guess you just didn't deploy him enough... Oh, well. Too bad.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>15 Might sword
>+15 Magic damage

Jo wtf this is Ragnel's levels of op

and repairs itself, too

nice

That sword is all kinds of great. But you know what it doesn't have? Brave effect. Gram FTW!

3 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

I heard it really tanks in the second half though, so...

It's... hard to explain why without touching on spoilers. But it can be made a little better if you don't do a bunch of purely redundant stuff. Thank goodness Bravely Second learned from the first's egregious mistake.

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

What’s Bravely Default like? I hadn’t heard great things ngl

It's the spiritual sequel to Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, albeit with far better turn-based gameplay and not as dated. The game does draw on the NES-SNES past of RPGs for inspiration with an emphasis on crystals, with a good job system in gameplay. The closest FF for comparison is FFV.

In battle, you have Battle Points (BP), which you regenerate at a rate of 1 per turn. A character needs to be at at least 0 BP to act on a given turn. The Default command makes your character guard and not consume a BP, using the Brave command lets your characters take multiple actions in one turn, up to four. BP can go down to -3, which will mean you won't be able to act for a few turns. Enemies can use Brave and Default as well.

For grinding, you can set the random encounter rate to whatever you want it to be at any time, nonexistent or endless. And you can choose to turn off EXP/JP/money gain if you want to as well. By the second half of the game, you can mindlessly grind if you want to without it being a challenge.

Bravely Second is the direct sequel to Bravely Default, and unloads a slew of major spoilers from the very start, so it's for the best to start with BD.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

As for Overdrive, all the infinite Overdrive builds are pretty much for post-game. Aside from Ramjet Rifle (which sucks), you ain't really gonna be making Overdrive builds during the main story, especially if it's your first time playing. 

Actually, Elma and Phog do it no problems as soon as OD is unlocked, as could Cross if you picked the Commando-Winged Viper-Full Metal Jaguar path. Wait for secondary cooldown, PrimerSliding Slinger, Primer > Violent Streak/Sky High, Upper Hand > Sliding Slinger, and then spam Side Slash to generate TP and get that OD extension. Set Hellhound and Phantom Counter as skills to increase the OD duration and put a few hits on the OD counter from the start. Easy -if you know how.

And with an hour or three of grinding for materials, a few Extend Overdrive V Augments gave me more than enough additional time to make the cumbersome for OD Knife-Raygun combination work. Find some weak Tenebras in Primordia, some Progens at the entrance to Oblivia, and some Auravises (I picked the Suncatch Ravine in Noctilum), and you can make these Augments providing 5 additional seconds each to Overdrive. Five of them I discovered was complete overkill.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

-A lot more healing arts. I really like how they weaved healing into the combat itself as this helps the flow a lot but healing via Soul Voices is not as reliable as I'd like it to be.

-Skell Overdrive needs less RNG. Keep the six extension limit, that is fair. But Skell Overdrive extensions rely on two RNG rolls to be extended: the default extension chance and the Cockpit View activation rates, which boss the extension chances. Keep the general requirements but allow Cockpit Views to be triggered after a successful Soul Voice. So the new extension requirements would be: Succesful Soul Voice -> Garuanteed Cockpit View -> Garuanteed Skell Overdrive extension. Thus, the only RNG present would be the Soul Voices themselves but they happen very often (especially Melee and Ranged Soul Voices).

I'd agree with both of these points. Skells as a whole need some refining and Skell OD is part of it. More healing arts would make it the game a little friendlier to those who don't know it inside and out.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I did though. Like 4 Main Quests + a couple side quests

hmmm

Yeah, that should've been enough... Did you view his character event after chapter 11-1? It is listed as a requirement. Unless you skipped that, I just don't see what it could be...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Did you view his character event after chapter 11-1?

Spoiler

The one where he almost transforms while flirting, right?

yeah i did

Also

Spoiler

F for Simpette misunderstanding

Edited by Shrimperor

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah i did

No, that's... way earlier. I'm talking about the one after the ballista + cliffs + fog map. Guess you didn't notice it. Oh well.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw @Saint Rubenio and @Benice should i do anything before starting ch13?

Like I said before,

Spoiler

The game will warn you before you pass the point of no return. It's a very clear warning, you can't miss it.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm talking about the one after the ballista + cliffs + fog map. Guess you didn't notice it. Oh well.

... i didn't get an event there involving owen iirc. And i always double check.

Hmm must've missed some requirement then F

Like I said before

Ok, thanks!

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Because it seems like Idion on the Throne is springing a Trap for us, and i am wondering if this is the no return point

Reveal hidden contents

The game will warn you before you pass the point of no return. It's a very clear warning, you can't miss it.

Spoiler

As someone not very knowledgeable about Berwick who is jut curious, what is this “point of no return”? It sounds very... dramatic, but in a cool way. I don’t care about spoilers.

6 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:
  Hide contents

As someone not very knowledgeable about Berwick who is jut curious, what is this “point of no return”? It sounds very... dramatic, but in a cool way. I don’t care about spoilers.

I'll respond in PM, because these are some massive spoilers and I don't want anyone else to suffer any accidents.