Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Wyverns too strong in a FE...

Water is wet.

Wyvern need 2 less Mov and to have the same speed as armors

Well, Wyverns have 6 movement in Berwick, compared to the 7-8 movement cavalry has depending on the horse used.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Well, Wyverns have 6 movement in Berwick, compared to the 7-8 movement cavalry has depending on the horse used.

But they also have free Pass (well, units have Pass on them) and can't be attacked by any close range weapons.

Makes sense ofc and i like the Mechanic, but not really what i would call ''not strong''

Just now, Shrimperor said:

But they also have free Pass (well, units have Pass on them) and can't be attacked by any close range weapons.

Makes sense ofc and i like the Mechanic, but not really what i would call ''not strong''

True. It relies a lot on the fact that Larentia has mediocre stats otherwise and could well be crippled by a single strong hit.

Plus, it's not like she can just enemy phase large sections on the map. That's just not a thing in Berwick.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

probably Kaga Notes again

I imagine this is probably it. The coincidences are pretty blatant sometimes (crossbows, Levail), but they're also so weirdly sparse and random that it doesn't really seem like they were intentionally ripping KagaSaga off so much as reusing concepts Kaga left behind.

FE7 is closer to being a TRS ripoff than RD is to being a Berwick ripoff. Nergal and Guenchaos are extremely similar (once brilliant, kind men; friends with an old sage, led astray in a quest for power for the sake of the woman they loved...), Canaan is the Black Fang except it's a country instead of an organization, Princes Barker and Julius of Canaan are Lloyd and Linus except they both have Lloyd's personality, two main lords (one your standard Marth-ish lord, another a more hotheaded type with an unusual weapon choice for a lord)...

Ninian isn't a ripoff of TRS's dancer, though. Not at all. And that is an extremely good thing. If you don't know how TRS's dancer works, well... Let me tell you, you don't want to know. God, what was Kaga thinking...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just read that the new SoS will have same-sex marriage like the FoMT remake does. Well, "Best Friends Ceremony", but the English localization of FoMT was allowed to drop that term and rebrand it as marriage, so it should be the same here. Interesting to see they announced that on day one, though no such announcement for RF5, hopefully the RPG spinoff would adopt this improvement from the more peaceful ancestor.

Curiously, I overheard, with no source given, the reason why the founder of the Bokujo Monogatari franchise left Marvelous, was because he felt it was going from a farming sim with a dating aspect, to a dating sim with a farming aspect.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ninian isn't a ripoff of TRS's dancer, though. Not at all. And that is an extremely good thing. If you don't know how TRS's dancer works, well... Let me tell you, you don't want to know. God, what was Kaga thinking...

Oh i read about that one time

Iirc to get a dancer one of your girls really really suffers haha

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Canaan is the Black Fang except it's a country instead of an organization, Princes Barker and Julius of Canaan are Lloyd and Linus except they both have Lloyd's personality, two main lords (one your standard Marth-ish lord, another a more hotheaded type with an unusual weapon choice for a lord)...

I disagree. Julius, maybe it's the long hair and wyvern, is Travant. And since Sennet is Alm raised by Swordmaster Mycen and Eyvel, Canaan is Rigel, or Rigel-Grannvale. Gwen and Bahanuk being manipulated by Carla are FE7 things, that I agree with.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

IMG_20201028_183432.jpg

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ninian isn't a ripoff of TRS's dancer, though. Not at all. And that is an extremely good thing. If you don't know how TRS's dancer works, well... Let me tell you, you don't want to know. God, what was Kaga thinking

What did Kaga do?

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Curiously, I overheard, with no source given, the reason why the founder of the Bokujo Monogatari franchise left Marvelous, was because he felt it was going from a farming sim with a dating aspect, to a dating sim with a farming aspect.

Not that I've played them all but I feel like it was all mostly balanced. If there's a source on this, let me know.

Just now, Armagon said:

What did Kaga do?

He made it possible to have one of your clerics get drugged, kidnapped, then sold into slavery. Chapters later you encounter the cleric again, now a dancer, and you rescue her... while now having a cleric+dancer on your team.

Did I got that right?

Anyway, it's basically Lara but the kidnapping and slavery bit isn't the backstory, it's in the game itself.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Julius, maybe it's the long hair and wyvern, is Travant.

Julius behaves nothing like Travant, though, nor does he do anything like the things Travant does in either of his games.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And since Sennet is Alm raised by Swordmaster Mycen and Eyvel, Canaan is Rigel, or Rigel-Grannvale.

Hah! Good point, actually.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh i read about that one time

Iirc to get a dancer one of your girls really really suffers haha

Just now, Armagon said:

What did Kaga do?

In spoilers, if anybody cares to avoid feeling terrible.

Spoiler

So there's this little cleric girl of 14 years called Plum. She's innocent and pure. Her mother was a dancer by trade, so she knows a few dances of her own, but she finds it embarrassing to dance in front of others. Ominous start, I know.

In chapter 10 (Runan's team), you take Plum and send her to a house (which is actually a bar). In the bar, the bartender serves her a spiked glass of milk that knocks her out soon enough. She is then handed over to a slaver, who dresses her up in an attire that is skimpy even by dancer standards and forces her to dance for strangers. In chapter 14, Holmes's team arrives at a village far from where chapter 10 took place. Plum is being kept here. You can save her by having either Holmes or Bartz, her brother, visit the brothel.

If you save her with Bartz, Bartz falls in love with his own sister after watching her dance. If this happens, in the game's ending, Bartz leaves on a journey alone to put his feelings in order. If you save her with Holmes, it's slightly less horrible. In neither case does the slaver face any substantial punishment for his crimes - he gets beaten up a bit and then Holmes/Bartz just... leaves.

Either way, Plum claims that she's actually grown to enjoy dancing, and becomes the team's dancer from there on. Immediately after being enslaved and forced to dance for sweaty strangers. Yeah. The slaver goes on to appear once more, again kidnapping a young girl... and is again allowed to leave after being punched a few times.

It's... It's so tasteless. All of it is so tasteless.

11 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Gwenchaos is really the big one. Everything else is really giving FE7 too much credit considering what a scrambled mess FE7 is.

And vomiting a grand mish-mash of old ideas in new packaging with some novelty toss isn't a whole a lot better either. Narratively I don't dislike TRS, but I don't see as much more than 1-5 thrown in a blender with a few new flavor extracts. There are aspects I surely like of it, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking it's truly great. -Not to praise FE7 by criticizing TRS.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201028_183432.jpg

😄

He is the oldest not-divine Nopon in the game, at 99.

What did Kaga do?

Bring a certain girl to a house, afterwards...

Spoiler

Plum gets drugged and kidnapped by an old and sold into slavery. You have to visit a house in a place miles away in a later chapter to rerecruit her at a sleazy bar where she is being forced to dance. The slaver is never punished, Holmes or Barts, whoever you use to recruit her again, lets the slaver go.

On the positive side, Plum's mother apparently was a famed dancer and Plum likes performing too, so her experience in bondage was not all that bad.😑

The major issue is you the player have to initiate this terrible thing, and you so want to when she's the only dancer around.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

He made it possible to have one of your clerics get drugged, kidnapped, then sold into slavery. Chapters later you encounter the cleric again, now a dancer, and you rescue her... while now having a cleric+dancer on your team.

Did I got that right?

Anyway, it's basically Lara but the kidnapping and slavery bit isn't the backstory, it's in the game itself.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's... It's so tasteless. All of it is so tasteless.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The major issue is you the player have to initiate this terrible thing, and you so want to when she's the only dancer around

...aight let's see.

FE4: Lene gets raped

FE5: Lara gets kidnapped and enslaved but this is off-screen

TRS: The player has to get Plum kidnapped and enslaved to get the only dancer in the game

I think Kaga has something against dancers.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you save her with Bartz, Bartz falls in love with his own sister after watching her dance. If this happens, in the game's ending, Bartz leaves on a journey alone to put his feelings in order.

You do incest once, that's weird but it made sense in FE4's context. You do incest twice and imma start asking questions.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He is the oldest not-divine Nopon in the game, at 99

Oh neat.

I accidentally clicked the second option. I didn't mean to Nan, it was a joke.

Just now, Armagon said:

...aight let's see.

TRS: The player has to get Plum kidnapped and enslaved to get the only dancer in the game

More it's like one of his go-to's when he wants to portray the world is bleak.

I mean, not a dancer, but the very first game you are saving Linde from slavers. This got even censored in the Japanese version of Shadow Dragon, to wit.

...aight let's see.

Vestaria Saga: Merida gets kidnapped and enslaved. She doesn't work mechanically as a dancer (that would be Lyttia who motivates people by beating the crap out of them rather then dancing) but does keep her dancer wardrobe for the rest of the game.

Fortunately Cavalier Merida is far superior to Silken Knight Merida anyway. So no real insensitive to go for that event, but good grief.

Edited by BrightBow

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wyverns too strong in a FE...

Water is wet.

Wyvern need 2 less Mov and to have the same speed as armors

So they need to be useless?

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

More it's like one of his go-to's when he wants to portray the world is bleak.

Like how Araki has villains kill dogs in JoJo to show how evil they are.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Vestaria Saga: Merida gets kidnapped and enslaved. She doesn't work mechanically as a dancer (that would be Lyttia who motivates people by beating the crap out of them rather then dancing) but does keep her dancer wardrobe for the rest of the game.

Fortunately Cavalier Merida is far superior to Silken Knight Merida anyway. So no real insensitive to go for that event, but good grief.

I deadass didn't know this was an event. Either that or I quit before I got to it 

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You do incest once, that's weird but it made sense in FE4's context. You do incest twice and imma start asking questions.

To be fair, Bartz realizes that his feelings aren't right and leaves. It's not like the incest comes to fruition, this time.

Just now, Armagon said:

I deadass didn't know this was an event. Either that or I quit before I got to it 

You would have to allow Merida to get kidnapped by the pirates in chapter 2. Which is rather unlikely to happen if you didn't miss the fact that Light Infantry can scale cliffs.

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

You would have to allow Merida to get kidnapped by the pirates in chapter 2. Which is rather unlikely to happen if you didn't miss the fact that Light Infantry can scale cliffs.

Oh I just assumed she dies if you don't reach her in time.