Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What is this and why is it the most glorious thing I've seen all day.

Some fan art I found on the FEH subreddit.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh, okay. Weird, but alright. I thought it was gonna force me to S-support Marianne because I saw her in the goddess tower. Thank goodness.

No, FE games have never had S-supports be mandatory, except in the case of Chrom in Awakening, where he automatically S-supports the female he has the highest rank with.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

t's about the role, though. Byleth holds/held a position of power over the student. Power imbalance in a relatioonship ain't a good thing. Just look at Nyna and Hardin.  I think everyone still calls you Professor as well, soooooo....

Eh, it's still young adults interested in fellow young adults. I see no issue with it, regardless of Byleth being a professor, especially when the relationship doesn't become romantic until after the timeskip.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Honestly, any attempt to justify Byleth's behavior just makes Three Houses sound really stupid. As if Byleth was just some dude who has no business being anyone's teacher, let alone royalty.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I dunno, but it says that my bond with them is so deep that after the war it'll deepen more. I guessed that there was no harem route, and would just default to the goddess tower.

It says that with every character you can S support.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Kinky.

I mean with his Byleth A support and his relationship with Edelgard considering their A support...

1 minute ago, Benice said:

They're also not married at the start.

He doesn’t become the pope until after one of them proposes. Also (Silver Snow spoilers)

Spoiler

In Silver Snow he becomes the leader of the continent and accepts his position (one chapter) before the S support. Whatever that’s worth.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I swear Alm x Celica is Sigurd x Deidre tier

Hey, they have two lines of dialogue instead of the one that Sigurd x Dierdre got! Kaga best romance writer.

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

He doesn’t become the pope until after one of them proposes. Also (Silver Snow spoilers)

Still has a position of power. It's also kinda weird how they all still view him not as their equal but their leader. (With a few exceptions, such as Leonie.)

Edited by Benice

Downloaded the Age of Calamity demo a bit earlier and had some time to check it out. My thoughts so far...

As far as gameplay goes, it feels great. Combat is fluid, fun, and varied, and the chapter objectives are pretty enjoyable to complete. My favorite character to use so far is PayaImpa. Her movements feel snappy and her attacks are fun as heck to pull off. I wish she had a ranged attack, although that may be unlockable as she levels up. Boss fights and minibosses have unique patterns and I like having that little bit of strategy required in approaching each fight. The Sheikah Slate is very fun to use in combat as well, with Stasis being a particular favorite of mine.

The visuals are a mixed bag though. Most of the time, it feels like the frame rate can't keep up with the action on screen, with quite a bit of pop-in, in the grass especially. I realize I'm nitpicking a tad in mentioning pop-in and frame rates, but both of those issues make the game feel unpolished. It's still a month out from release though, so perhaps those technical hiccups could be addressed.

The voices and music are great. I played with the Japanese voiceovers on, and they sounded great to my Western ears. I already knew what the English voice acting would sound like (for the most part), so I didn't bother trying them. Interestingly enough, the same VA who voiced Purah's vocal sounds(?) in BotW returned to voice her full lines in AoC.

Music is good, although I find myself wanting metal covers of the original game's songs. I want some intense music to fight to, not strings or horns. But that's a matter of personal preference.

The story left me with the most questions, since as of now, it looks like AoC will not be canon, exactly. The introductory cutscene implies that AoC takes place in an alternate timeline due to some portal being opened up. How this happens, I don't know, but I'm looking forward to seeing it be explained (hopefully).

That's it for now. I played through the second mission. Definitely looking forward to playing more later.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Chrom x Olivia intensifies

Just now, Benice said:

Still has a position of power. It's also kinda weird how they all still view him not as their equal but their leader. (With a few exceptions, such as Leonie.)

But that’s only telling them what to do on the battlefield.

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

But that’s only telling them what to do on the battlefield.

They talk to him like he is not on the same level as them. It is quite reverent, and whether it is merited or not, it is still an imbalance.

Come to think of it, I think Japanese uses a lot of titles and stuff referring to your relation to that person, so I wonder how they refer to Byleth in the japan version.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well no, critique is what you feel about it. I agree you do have to know what you're talking about but my point is there is no "this is objectively good/bad". I have a friend who hates 2001: A Space Odyssey and that movie is considered one of the best of all time. He wrote a whole essay for his film class about why he thinks the movie is stinky.

I somewhat disagree because what about criticism for the sake of improvement? That’s where your definition doesn’t really work because that’s another thing critcizism can be used for. Critical feedback is a thing. I’m not saying critique can’t be used subjectively like that because it can but that’s a narrow definition and not the only thing critique can be used for. Criticism for the sake of improvement requires some level of objectivity as I outlined earlier.

The Age of Calamity demo runs really, REALLY, REALLY bad. At least in handheld mode. And somehow the drawing distance is also complete garbage.
I guess they needed all the juice for the grass physics.

Edited by BrightBow

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They at least have some history together. While we're talking about it, I at least want to see the relationship between Sigurd and Deirdre actually bloom in a remake.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

The Age of Calamity runs really, REALLY, REALLY bad. At least in handheld mode. And somehow the drawing distance is also complete garbage.

It's surprisingly unpolished for a first-party Nintendo game, ngl.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

TH.txt

Actually, from what I've heard, Switch.txt

(Although not gonna lie, I don't see what's so wrong with Sword/Shield and Three houses)

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

I somewhat disagree because what about criticism for the sake of improvement? That’s where your definition doesn’t really work because that’s another thing critcizism can be used for. Critical feedback is a thing. I’m not saying critique can’t be used subjectively like that because it can but that’s a narrow definition and not the only thing critique can be used for. Criticism for the sake of improvement requires some level of objectivity as I outlined earlier.

Same thing though. "I think x thing is bad and should be done better" and "I think x thing is fine" can be made in regards to the same thing so who do you listen to? Do you agree with the one who says it's bad and should be improved or do you agree with the one who says it's fine?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Koei Tecmo moment.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

(Although not gonna lie, I don't see what's so wrong with Sword/Shield and Three houses)

Some of the textures look like they’re from a PS1 game.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, I'd love to see Among Us come to Switch.

Same actually.

31 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Considering the context is a teacher getting it on with their students, the CGs can't be drawn unsettling enough.

You want unsettling? Go look up Pamela Smart. This is nowhere near that.

Like, did we really need all that grass? And have it get cut by normal attacks?

Feels like the game's main concern was to look exactly like Breath of the Wild, no matter how much that would tank performance for a fast action game.

Unless they gonna patch in a performance mode, I think I'm gonna pass on this one.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Some of the textures look like they’re from a PS1 game

They do? Most of the games look about on par to Wii u games.