Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wasn't worried about lacking Arts in my new class, because as long as you pick one line to master first, you can always equip its weapons again after you swap to your new class and just use your old setup until your Class Rank has gone up enough to get enough Arts in the new one.

I'll be honest, I forgot this was a thing. I guess I was overcomplicating things.

Still though, I figured it'd be easier to finish the game as a Duelist before trying out something else.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'll be honest, I forgot this was a thing. I guess I was overcomplicating things.

Still though, I figured it'd be easier to finish the game as a Duelist before trying out something else.

TBF, I was the same way on the first run. 😅

And hey, sticking to Duelist was nowhere near as bad/noobish (which you could be excused for being in XCX given it's lack of explanation) as me sticking sticking to Shulk-Reyn-Sharla in XC1 in my first playthrough, even during the final boss when I was severely overleveled. I'm not even sure when I first ditched Sharla from my team there. You can reaaaallly improve on second playthroughs.

...And if you're going to try Photon Sabers, remember use Starfall Blossom before Starfall Blade and Starfall Rondo. That way you'll trigger the melee combo damage boost on the latter two Arts.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And hey, sticking to Duelist was nowhere near as bad/noobish (which you could be excused for being in XCX given it's lack of explanation) as me sticking sticking to Shulk-Reyn-Sharla in XC1 in my first playthrough, even during the final boss when I was severely overleveled. I'm not even sure when I first ditched Sharla from my team there. You can reaaaallly improve on second playthroughs.

Honestly man, having Sharla on your team for the entire game is honestly worthy of respect. 

Anyways, I've looked up Ares 90 guides online and I got the Miranium out of the way first. Cauldros is now my personal Miranium mining gig. Of course, I had to cut into my credit revenue but it's worth it. I'm not Lv.60 yet but I'll be trying to get the easier materials first.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

*Sigh*

Every year for the last 3-4 years I've always set myself on writing a fanfic around Day of the Dead for these dates... and I never do it...

Well, 2020 ain't gonna be any different...

You could just get started this year!

51 minutes ago, Benice said:

YOOO YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE THE MENU COLORS IN THRACIA?! WHY ISN'T THIS IN EVERY GAME?! THRACIA BEST FE!

It’s in fe7 >:D

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

You could just get started this year!

I'm too caught up with everything else I'm writing at the moment to add yet one more to the pile. Even for at least a full-fledged one-shot due Monday.

Not that I haven't been doing that already, but still...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

@twilitfalchion who needs rescuing in Severa’s paralogue?

Severa herself. She will keep moving towards the green NPC in the top right corner of the screen named Holland and into the path of enemies that can destroy her.

Keep your one healer/cleric in the very back of the map and rescue her on every other turn, if not every turn, while your other units take out all the other enemies (except the boss, who doesn't move at all). Once they're cleared out, then it's safe to let her go towards Holland and talk with him, which is required for recruitment.

Make sure to let her do that before killing the boss, as the map condition is "defeat commander."

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Severa herself. She will keep moving towards the green NPC in the top right corner of the screen named Holland and into the path of enemies that can destroy her.

Keep your one healer/cleric in the very back of the map and rescue her on every other turn, if not every turn, while your other units take out all the other enemies (except the boss, who doesn't move at all). Once they're cleared out, then it's safe to let her go towards Holland and talk with him, which is required for recruitment.

Make sure to let her do that before killing the boss, as the map condition is "defeat commander."

Wait so if I talk to her with Cordelia I can’t recruit her? She has to talk to Holland? Wait does he attack her if she goes in his range? Will he attack me?

Also do ambushes come from the stairs?

Edited by Sooks1016

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Wait so if I talk to her with Cordelia I can’t recruit her? She has to talk to Holland? Wait does he attack her if she goes in his range?

Sorry. Been a while since I've played it. You first talk to Severa with either Cordelia or Chrom, then you keep her at the back of the map until it's safe to talk to Holland.

Also do ambushes come from the stairs?

I don't think so, but again, it's been a while since I've played it. I'm pretty sure that map doesn't have ambush spawns though, even on hard.

Wait does he attack her if she goes in his range?

No, he doesn't attack anyone.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Sorry. Been a while since I've played it. You first talk to Severa with either Cordelia or Chrom, then you keep her at the back of the map until it's safe to talk to Holland.

I’ll just do it and see what happens!

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12752318

She didn’t join so... time to go get Holland! I’ll see what I can do without any recuse staves.

Severa is the true simp 😛

11 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

She didn’t join so... time to go get Holland! I’ll see what I can do without any recuse staves.

Severa is the true simp 😛

EDIT: Here's the info direct from the FE Wiki. Talking to Chrom/Cordelia is not required for her to self-recruit. Only talking to Holland.

"In order to recruit Severa, Severa must talk to Holland, a Villager on the northeast portion of the map. Severa is an NPC until she speaks with him and must be protected on her way to him. Once she has spoken to Holland, Severa will join the army and become controllable. However, if Holland is killed, Severa will become hostile and attack the player's units; she cannot be recruited, even if she is not killed in the battle. As Holland will not attack even if a player unit is within his range, he must be deliberately killed for this to occur. "

I always talked to Severa with Chrom/Cordelia because there's extra dialogue you get from it. But it has no effect on whether or not she recruits.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Ambush spawns right in the middle of the map... I looked on the wiki that said they stopped after turn 4. It was wrong! Right after she had just talked to Holland... and Inigo had so many good levels.....

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly man, having Sharla on your team for the entire game is honestly worthy of respect. 

Anyways, I've looked up Ares 90 guides online and I got the Miranium out of the way first. Cauldros is now my personal Miranium mining gig. Of course, I had to cut into my credit revenue but it's worth it. I'm not Lv.60 yet but I'll be trying to get the easier materials first.

The only painful part of getting the ares 90 is the seidir control devices, I believe? . If your not using tickest, that is.

Good luck getting it, though! Gotta join the club!

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The only painful part of getting the ares 90 is the seidir control devices, I believe? . If your not using tickest, that is.

I already have three out of the eight of I need. Looks like Treasure Sensor is working.

The hard ones will be the Yiggarith Heart, Vita Core and NeilNail Mask. I have to farm Blade Metals and then destroy the wings, head and tail of Telethia Plume without killing it so I can farm Reward Tickets and get those items.

Imagine Gaius!Noire ever getting strength... lol

Also, bow knights can’t use long bows?? What? That makes no sense- they ARE an “archer class” -.-

Edited by Sooks1016

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Imagine Gaius!Noire ever getting strength... lol

Also, bow knights can’t use long bows?? What? That makes no sense- they ARE an “archer class” -.-

Longbows aren't optimal to fire from horseback. It's still possible, but it wasn't a common thing.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

No, you can straight up recolor it! Like, with tons of settings! Observe:

But can you have this!?!:

latest?cb=20190711175009

What the turducken is up with Wikis and linking images from them right now?! Try opening this in another tab. It's a ingame menu background for Final Fantasy VI consisting entirely of Chocobos- the chicken-ostrich things of Final Fantasy, drawn rather poorly eh.

We don't need RGB spectrum color customization, which some SNES games do have, we need gorgeous wallpapers instead!

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The hard ones will be the Yiggarith Heart, Vita Core and NeilNail Mask. I have to farm Blade Metals and then destroy the wings, head and tail of Telethia Plume without killing it so I can farm Reward Tickets and get those items.

The Silver Vita Cores I personally grinded for, you only need 4, and the boss refight wasn't too bad with my Overdrive setup. The Neilnail Masks, considering...

• Both Ares and all level 60 Skells require these and I wanted to make one of each.
  • That they rarely "drop" due to being Intergalactic quality.
  • That Treasure Sensor doesn't work to increase your chances of getting them because technically the masks are randomized rewards for completing the mission, not obtained from the enemies themselves.
  • And the Neilnails spend a whole lotta sweet time being invincible for some reason as they waltz around. Invincibility is bad when you're trying to start an Overdrive because negated hits don't add to the counter.
  • And the two Neilnails don't stand close to each other, so I waste time in my Overdrive running over from one defeated Neilnail to the other.

...I eventually turned to tickets because of the insanity of getting these, although usually you get two whenever they're luckily doled out.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Silver Vita Cores I personally grinded for, you only need 4, and the boss refight wasn't too bad with my Overdrive setup.

How difficult would you say it is without the Overdrive setup? The description says the Time Attack Vita is not as hard as the actual one but idk.