Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I can't agree, Merric's hat's more like a garden gnome's.

Turns out Merric is Doofenschmirtz. He was forced by Wendell to act like a garden gnome after his own gnome was repossessed.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Turns out Merric is Doofenschmirtz. He was forced by Wendell to act like a garden gnome after his own gnome was repossessed.

I feel like an idiot seeing that name because I only recognize he's from that show with a blue platypus, those triangle-headed brothers and little else.

1 minute ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Actually true, but still he looks much more handsome.

>Remembers the Y!Merric alt.

I can't think of him as anything but cute. Though saying he's less handsome than Ricken would be laughable regardless of the hat.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I feel like an idiot seeing that name because I only recognize he's from that show with a blue platypus, those triangle-headed brothers and little else.

Hah! How's it feel, being on the other side for once?

4 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Actually true, but still he looks much more handsome.

Turns out Elrean wasn't jealous of the tome, but rather the hat. Wendell had the pope hat, Merric had the gnome hood... Elrean had nothing. He grew his hair long in an attempt to compensate, but it just wasn't enough.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is the rest of Berwick gonna be difficult like that? If so, oof. 

Oh yeah, Berwick ramps up in difficulty in the later chapters. As well it should.

OMG she still did it!

pDfTGxf.jpg?1

Took long enough!

Turns out Elrean wasn't jealous of the tome, but rather the hat. Wendell had the pope hat, Merric had the gnome hood... Elrean had nothing. He grew his hair long in an attempt to compensate, but it just wasn't enough.

Originally I thought it was standard to let male mages wear any kind of hat in the old Fire Emblem games. I was jealous of Linde since she wore nothing and still looked so gorgeous. Though Merric's witch hood looked quite cute.

9 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Someone doesn't like gnome mages in Fire Emblem.

Well, me neither.

Miriel and Ricken look so stupid plus latter is super annoying.

On the other hand there's Tharja...

FE13 had its issue to find a balaced portrait for mages.

Agreed. I also hate Hayato, he has the same annoying look as Ricken and the same “I-I’m a man!!” personality.

I guess 

Reveal hidden contents

Emmeryn

is somewhat decent.

Ehhh, I wish the writers had the balls to not make her an amnesiac.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Tharja and Aversa are too high. Henry way too low. Other than that, this is fine.

Aversa would have been lower but I really like how she’s recruited. It’s a shame she’s an avatar sexual, since she’s one of my least favorite character archetypes who has her ideas completely flipped around and broken into a million pieces. That’s the only reason she’s so high. Tharja could admittedly be kind of funny. Henry is actually creepy and annoying.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

I can accept that. The only support chains I've bothered trying to read past the C are Lorenz/Claude, Raphael/Ignatz, Raphael/Marianne and Dorothea/Ferdinand, although this one was before I played Three Houses. I've also read a lot of Ingrid's supports. I think how ridiculously fast supports grow helps too, because other games, like Awakening, also have a ton of supports, but since they don't hit like a truck with about 15 at a time, it's really manageable.

My problem is also that a lot of the supports make no sense, as in the characters have no need to be supporting each other. I don't think that support quality=Support quantity, but the pairings are frequently nonsensical.

In Three Houses? I’m not sure what you mean by “reason” but every pairing has some unique way of interacting; they talk about SOMETHING for two+ conversations so I mean... I think they all mesh very well (not just because they talk about something).

7 hours ago, Benice said:

However, when a majority are like that, it means that not all of them will land. Like, Hilda/Ferdinand, Hilda/Caspar, Hilda/Seteth, Hilda/Mercedes, and more all make little sense as to why they have a support.

Did you actually look at those ones? It’s pretty clear how their personalities play off of each other’s, imo. Hilda’s with Seteth is a really good support, and I quite enjoy hers with Ferdinand and Caspar too. 

Not everyone needs to support with everyone, even within their own class.

I don’t think these are about support conversations specifically, it’s more so you can have a hefty amount of supports if you choose not to recruit anyone. I think. Besides with the way the houses are set up it’s actually a good thing that all of the characters within each house could have support with each other.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh look, more SRW shilling opportunities...

Oh, who am I kidding, it's clear that I should just stop bothering...

Maybe a Christmas miracle will happen...

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Greetings from a technical difficulties-induced break from the linguistics class I'm in.

Online classes now.png

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That sounds like something an agent would say

Anyway good morning everyone! I need your help.

...what should my new rank be..?

Edited by Sooks1016

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Support cap is still there as far as I know. Would be too OP if it wasn't.

Damn, that kinda sucks. Especially since i did read that this hack does write some new Support Convos.

Honestly, i wish the games that had the Support cap would've capped it at six instead of five. That way, you can get two full chains instead of one and one and a half.

3 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Now it looks very good for Biden in Georgia. If he wins it, he only needs one more elector to have the required 270. This should happen in Arizona. It's not the question that he will win, its just the question when and especially HOW he will become president. This will have an aftermath, and I hope not at cost of people's harm.

It's hard to say what the aftermath will look like but i can say that when Biden wins, he'll be the most protected person in the country, probably even more than the President himself. I say this because we already had right-wing coup attempts on the state level in Michigan and Trump supporters will probably try something if Biden wins.

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

Agreed. I also hate Hayato, he has the same annoying look as Ricken and the same “I-I’m a man!!” personality.

Hayato is another example of IntSys going "hey you guys liked Awakening, right".

Ehhh, I wish the writers had the balls to not make her an amnesiac.

What's fucked up is should you play on classic mode and Emmeryin dies, she actually regains her memories right before her death.

since she’s one of my least favorite character archetypes who has her ideas completely flipped around and broken into a million pieces.

That's why she should be lower imo. It's one of the worst cases of making a villain sympathetic. Walhart and Gangrel stay consistent after recruitment and also entertaining. Aversa is like "I was actually a nice girl until i was tricked and corrupted, the game is only telling you this now tho" and then just transforms into proto-Camilla.

Edited by Armagon

Pennsylvania flipped! 273 in the Electoral College right there. Biden is probably going to be the next President of the United States!

And I decided to change my avi spur of the moment. I had a random thought, Persona 2 is unexpectedly relevant in this current world two decades later. Core to the problems of Sumaru City, the setting of Persona 2, is that rumors are magically coming true. And later, it turns out conspiracy theories count as rumors. Rumors alone aren't to blame, Joker is actively doing evil, but the distortion of truth with untruths made real, isn't without relevance in an era where a lot of people are buying into conspiracies and a war on truth is being waged.

Rather than pick Persona 2's evil Joker, I opted for Apollo instead, Tatsuya Suou's blazing ultimate self who will fight against fabrications to the very end. Yes, I'm suddenly in a cautiously optimistic mood.🙂

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I have no idea what to play now...

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What's fucked up is should you play on classic mode and Emmeryin dies, she actually regains her memories right before her death.

Wat

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's why she should be lower imo. It's one of the worst cases of making a villain sympathetic. Walhart and Gangrel stay consistent after recruitment and also entertaining. Aversa is like "I was actually a nice girl until i was tricked and corrupted, the game is only telling you this now tho" and then just transforms into proto-Camilla.

Oh I never actually got her supports, I just thought the idea was cool. Not in terms of her personality but in terms of her ideals because blind devotion is a very boring trait for a character to have, I would have liked to see how she developed knowing her master sucked. Too bad she’s an avatar sexual.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Good for you that you're able to keep up with it at all, I have reflexes that would make a dead cat look agile.

Ah, that's where you're mistaken. I am not able to play this.

Yet. At some point in time I will, but right now, it's playing at half speed. Or less.

2 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

In Three Houses? I’m not sure what you mean by “reason” but

Like, they have no connection. Taking FE7 for example, Eliwood and Hector have a "reason" to support since they're childhood friends. There is a connection there. Same with Niime/Yoder, Fir/Noah, Karla/Karel, etc. Ones that don't are just two rando characters who happen to support. For a bad example of this: Dorcas/Vaida. For a good one: Oscar/Tanith.

they talk about SOMETHING for two+ conversations so I mean... I think they all mesh very well (not just because they talk about something).

But the supports are just kinda...Well, pointless. Good supports don't necessarily have characters with a prior connection, but it makes it easier for them to be good since there's only so much completely unrelated characters can talk about.

Hilda’s with Seteth is a really good support

Is Seteth actually capable of having bad supports? The man is a god.

and I quite enjoy hers with Ferdinand and Caspar too. 

Yeah, but they just add the feeling to me that says, "This game is based 95% on fluff and it ain't working." Not every support has to be deep, but when every character has a whole bunch that are like this, it adds up. At least for me, when it's a 1/3 chance to me getting interesting and enlightening supports and 2/3 of getting charming and cute but repetitive fluff, (Which the monastery has a tendency to give me a large dose of already) I start losing interest because the supports are all really slow.

...And I still maintain that Raphael is a good character.

...what should my new rank be..?

We 💖 Katamari

Then you can play Katamari Damacy: Rerolled on the switch!

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Dorcas/Vaida

Don’t... don’t mention that thing..

But the supports are just kinda...Well, pointless. Good supports don't necessarily have characters with a prior connection, but it makes it easier for them to be good since there's only so much completely unrelated characters can talk about.

I would say that characters without prior connection supporting are a very important inclusion; just characters who already know each other is kinda boring

Heck a good argument.

...And I still maintain that Raphael is a good character.

Wait you don’t think that ironically?

We 💖 Katamari

I mean I cOuLd but I think I want to try fe fates Conquest again... maybe. Or sacred stones or Mario sunshine. F.

I have no rank ideas.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, but they just add the feeling to me that says, "This game is based 95% on fluff and it ain't working." Not every support has to be deep, but when every character has a whole bunch that are like this, it adds up. At least for me, when it's a 1/3 chance to me getting interesting and enlightening supports and 2/3 of getting charming and cutre but repetitive fluff, (Which the monastery has a tendency to give me a large dose of already) I start losing interest because the supports are all really slow.

Fair.

Now support Ingrid and Sylvain

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Dorcas/Vaida.

Wait. They can support?! Nani?!

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oscar/Tanith.

Excellent indeed.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

But giving characters development alongside each other is one of the strongest aspects of how the game's cast is made relevant and meaningful to the player, as in any other FE game.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Spittin' straight facts.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

And I still maintain that Raphael is a good character.

Big chonky food boi. That's Raphael in a nutshell.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Great game. Can confirm.

8 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I mean I cOuLd but I think I want to try fe fates Conquest again... maybe. Or sacred stones or Mario sunshine. F.

hOw aBoUt tHrAcIa?!?

Seriously though, why not? You liked Conquest, so...

Whatever you want to do, of course.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Especially since i did read that this hack does write some new Support Convos.

Only for the new characters, though. As far as I know, the only characters from the OG game's roster that get new supports are those that support with the new characters.

Honestly, i wish the games that had the Support cap would've capped it at six instead of five. That way, you can get two full chains instead of one and one and a half.

To be honest, for GBAFE I'm fine with the cap. Supports are already at their most powerful in GBAFE. If you could get two A supports, we'd be looking at insanity like +6 might with 30 avoid on top.

What could be changed is the way supports are obtained. Having units glued next to each other is dumb. Much prefer when it's a simple "deploy together for one point" system.

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Wait you don’t think that ironically?

No, I don't. He really resonates with me,  much more than any other character in the game does.

I would say that characters without prior connection supporting are a very important inclusion; just characters who already know each other is kinda boring

Yeah, that's what I said. Some supports should be random, some shouldn't.

The random ones should still contribute a lot, though.

I have no rank ideas.

We 💖 Katamari

Then don't play Katamari and everyone will be confused!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

But giving characters development alongside each other is one of the strongest aspects of how the game's cast is made relevant and meaningful to the player, as in any other FE game.

I never said No Supports Between unrelated characters Allowed, I just want fewer like that, because, again, it's harder to make something good out of it. Maybe Three-Four per character, with three-four with related characters.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wait. They can support?! Nani?!

Nothing happens in their supports. Literally.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

hOw aBoUt tHrAcIa?!?

Seriously though, why not? You liked Conquest, so...

Whatever you want to do, of course.

I just want to see why people call it peak fe gameplay.

Yeah, that's what I said. Some supports should be random, some shouldn't.

The random ones should still contribute a lot, though.

Oh. Oops.

I think how much the supports contribute to each character is dependent on the characters themselves, personally.

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Oh. Oops.

I think how much the supports contribute to each character is dependent on the characters themselves, personally.

Yes, but it is still much harder for unrelated characters to have good supports, especially when there are so many unrelated characters supporting. There's only so much to talk about.

Just now, Benice said:

Yes, but it is still much harder for unrelated characters to have good supports, especially when there are so many unrelated characters supporting. There's only so much to talk about.

But that doesn’t mean they can’t have good supports. It’s totally possible to suggest that there is no possibility of the two not having a good support simply because you think they are unrelated characters(which is rather presumptuous in it of itself because how could you possibly know that before going in) is rather close minded if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

But that doesn’t mean they can’t have good supports. It’s totally possible to suggest that there is no possibility of the two not having a good support simply because you think they are unrelated characters(which is rather presumptuous in it of itself because how could you possibly know that before going in) is rather close minded if you ask me.

I never said they can't have good supports. I just said that they frequently, but not always, end up being repetitive. I have no problems with Hilda supporting Ferdinand, or Sylvain, or Caspier, or Annette, Mercedes, Seteth, etc. when they have no real connection as characters, it's the fact that she supports all of them that bothers me. That's a lot of supports that don't add much of anything to either side, really. Some of them may be good, but there are just too many supports for my taste.

Edited by Benice

I never said they can't have good supports. I just said that they frequently, but not always, end up being repetitive. I have no problems with Hilda supporting Ferdinand, or Sylvain, or Caspier, or Annette, Mercedes, Seteth, etc. when they have no real connection as characters, it's the fact that she supports all of them that bothers me. That's a lot of supports that don't add much of anything to either side, really. Some of them may be good, but there are just too many supports for my taste.

All I really have to say to this is that quantity does not correlate with quality in regards to support writing. If that were the case then SoV’s supports would actually be good and not a total snore fest but they aren’t good so yeah...

Just now, Ottservia said:

All I really have to say to this is that quantity does not correlate with quality in regards to support writing.

I agree. I never said that they do.

However, when you have a lot of supports, things will end up sounding the same and no matter how many or few supports, not all of them will be good. The problem is that there are too many supports, a lot of them are pointless fluff, (something TH already had way too much of IMO) and it's too overwhelming. I'd rather see fewer supports and have about 80% contribute to the story and characters and the other 20% can be fluff.

8 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

If that were the case then SoV’s supports would actually be good and not a total snore fest but they aren’t good so yeah...

I like 'em, personally, but that's beside the point.

I'm glad that Cold Steel IV brought back some tracks back from the Crossbell games. It's nice to hear the Merkabah theme again. 

Also casual Duvalie looks funny as cute.

It's hard to say what the aftermath will look like but i can say that when Biden wins, he'll be the most protected person in the country, probably even more than the President himself. I say this because we already had right-wing coup attempts on the state level in Michigan and Trump supporters will probably try something if Biden wins.

I hope it won't escalate.

So far it's quiet, but it's because Biden isn't confirmed as President.

Under democratic aspects he will become the president for 99.9 %.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I like 'em, personally, but that's beside the point.

I mean if you wanna talk about pointless fluff

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

However, when you have a lot of supports, things will end up sounding the same and no matter how many or few supports, not all of them will be good. The problem is that there are too many supports, a lot of them are pointless fluff, (something TH already had way too much of IMO) and it's too overwhelming. I'd rather see fewer supports and have about 80% contribute to the story and characters and the other 20% can be fluff.

I mean even fluff can contribute to character development in the form of characterization. Two characters learning to cook and failing horribly at it or two characters engaging in a petty debate where they hurl stupid insults at each other can do a lot in endearing us to a character. Character development isn’t the end all be all. Characterization is important too Y’know and more characterization is never a bad thing. Strong characterization can be just as effective as meaningful character development and growth. Not to say there isn’t a such thing as pointless fluff(Glares at SoV) but  a support that seems to pointless at first can have more meaning if you look hard enough. More supports is never a bad thing. Just like how more world building is never a bad thing. Are these supports 100% necessary. No not really but they’re not really a negative either so I don’t see the problem.