• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Okay that explains what’s happening plot wise but doesn’t seem to have any themat significance nor does it really build to anything thematically relevant so what was the point of that chapter again?

Eh, I don’t think every chapter has to progress the themes.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Rean...is that you?

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Eh, I don’t think every chapter has to progress the themes.

Oh I agree but I still think it should be relevant in someway or have some form of meaningful conflict/story beat which that chapter doesn’t really have any of that. 

Edited by Ottservia

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Let me ask you this.:

latest?cb=20120613103118

Any gut reactions due to their appearance? If so, do not touch Luminous Arc 2. Their name starts with "R" too,

he reminds me of Alto, Stella Glow's MC

And as you might know, i enjoyed Stella Glow ❤️

edzc0SY.png
A little thing I made. Severa should be in S tier by the way. I just didn’t look at her father A support until after it was too far to change it without redoing the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

edzc0SY.png
A little thing I made. Severa should be in S tier by the way. I just didn’t look at her father A support until after it was too far to change it without redoing the whole thing.

I can respect this. Good taste

Ahhh, sooo close! I was almost at the end, and then I didn't realise I moved Aegina in range of a ballista and she died. 

F.

I'm really dumb, I know.

Edited by lightcosmo

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ahhh, sooo close! I was almost at the end, and then I didn't realise I moved Aegina in range of a ballista and she died. 

F.

I'm really dumb, I know.

OOF

Good news is, as far as I am aware, this is the last, (Or second to last if you ask Shrimpy) map with lots of OP hide enemies!

Yaaaaaay, Rean is finally back.

How much I was waiting for this moment. >_>

He's still a bit insane, but he's working on himself...

Actually I kinda like mutant Rean; he's way more tolerable and looks more badass anyways.

The best of this rather poorly designed dungeon was this:

This gave me Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ vibes.

Day is ruined now. 

On the other hand going to work with worst mood means that day can only get better.

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

2 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

He's still a bit insane, but he's working on himself...

Actually I kinda like mutant Rean; he's way more tolerable and looks more badass anyways.

Rean isn't a black hole of awfulness for once! YESSSSS!!!

I built a Lv.60 Lailah Skell.

IMG_20201105_230059.jpg?width=768&height

I've named this one the K.Queen, as in Killer Queen but the letter limit didn't allow all of that to fit. And unlike the Fur Elise, the Excavator Skell i built earlier in the week, i did actually intentionally go JoJo with the colors here.

Oh and of course, here's the song in case you want to hear it

After that, i did Nagi's Second Affinity Mission and yeah, Xeno keeps having kino katana users. Kentaro "Badass" Nagi. If you've played Xenoblade X, you know the scene i'm talking about.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Well, I've barely read the supports because of how many there are, so I figured that supports may have been part of it.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

I just find them so overwhelming... They're all quite long, and there are just so many. Every time I look at the support screen I just kinda panic. I don't even know where to start.

Yeah, this is definitely a you thing. I won't deny the Support system needs an overhaul, mainly because of how character development tends to reset across Supports, but if you're ignoring them, you're gonna miss out on a lot of just general character.

3 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Ehhh. The Valm arc is thematically relevant at least cause Walhart acts as a fantastic foil to Chrom’s character and builds off where his arc left off after the previous story arc. I feel like if you were to cut out the Valm arc the story just wouldn’t work

Yes and no. Walhart is pretty good but the whole of Valm did kinda come out of nowhere and the lore behind it is barely non-existent. It did feel like IntSys needed a new plot because they killed off (no they didn't) Gangrel too early. There's some neat details but it's all buried.

I will say that just like Grima, Valm is retroactively made better by Echoes. Because Valm as it was originally was basically just making shit up due to Gaiden basically not existing.

But honestly, i attribute Valm most to being a product of Awakening possibly being the last game. Basically in the same boat as Priam. 

3 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

edzc0SY.png

Tharja and Aversa are too high. Henry way too low. Other than that, this is fine.

Dear Tchaikovsky,

I hate you.

Lots of love, Benice.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, this is definitely a you thing. I won't deny the Support system needs an overhaul, mainly because of how character development tends to reset across Supports, but if you're ignoring them, you're gonna miss out on a lot of just general character.

I can accept that. The only support chains I've bothered trying to read past the C are Lorenz/Claude, Raphael/Ignatz, Raphael/Marianne and Dorothea/Ferdinand, although this one was before I played Three Houses. I've also read a lot of Ingrid's supports. I think how ridiculously fast supports grow helps too, because other games, like Awakening, also have a ton of supports, but since they don't hit like a truck with about 15 at a time, it's really manageable.

My problem is also that a lot of the supports make no sense, as in the characters have no need to be supporting each other. I don't think that support quality=Support quantity, but the pairings are frequently nonsensical.

1 hour ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Someone doesn't like gnome mages in Fire Emblem.

Well, me neither.

Miriel and Ricken look so stupid plus latter is super annoying.

Agreed, FE never used traditional wizard/witch's caps before Awakening, and they don't exactly look good here. We did have Merric's and Lewyn's weird hats, but thats about it, FE usually kept its mages uncapped.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

he reminds me of Alto, Stella Glow's MC

And as you might know, i enjoyed Stella Glow ❤️

*Looks up images for a reminder*

526847.jpg

They didn't even try.

At least they flattened Fatima and swapped out her weapon and changed the clothes when they recycled her for SG. However, LA2 did canonize that dimensional travel is possible (but it is not used for the main story), and SG is LA minus the naming rights. Thus, I'll headcanon it that Hilda got her weapon from her Mama V, and her clothes from her Fatimama (who she is genetically the daughter of -but who cares?), her independent spirit obviously came from both mommies. Had I any skill at art, I'd draw a lovely scene of the two happy witches and their little witch daughter.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

After that, i did Nagi's Second Affinity Mission and yeah, Xeno keeps having kino katana users. Kentaro "Badass" Nagi. If you've played Xenoblade X, you know the scene i'm talking about.

Two little gameplay details about Nagi are, that he and Elma are the only characters to be in final tier classes, and he is the only non-Cross character IIRC with 5 Skill slots. Both of which back up that bio bit stating he is the strongest person in BLADE (and that Elma is close, as good, or even better). 

Whilst I like them all (that I know, Jin Uzuki still eluding me of course), I think I'm a little preferential to the originator Citan Uzuki.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But honestly, i attribute Valm most to being a product of Awakening possibly being the last game. Basically in the same boat as Priam. 

Throw the Taguel in there too, having a non-dragon shapeshifter species was probably because of Tellius.

And I too am willing to somewhat excuse some of Awakening's faults on the potential swan song aspect. Best to go out with a bang, and I think Awakening did an alright or better job of showing love for the entire franchise to some extent.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Dear Tchaikovsky,

I hate you.

Lots of love, Benice.

Why? Trying to learn to play this and it's hard?

Or is it ""Oh Christmas, time for the Nutcracker!" everyone wants the Nutcracker, it and Swan Lake are the only two ballets to exist, I have to perform them again and again, nothing old and dare I say better, or something interestingly new. If someone asks me about the Nutcracker again, I'm going to crack their nuts."? 

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

My problem is also that a lot of the supports make no sense, as in the characters have no need to be supporting each other.

Aight this is a take. As long as it's written well, i'm fine with character interacting with basically anybody. I don't really think there needs to be a reason for a character to Support another. It also feels really weird to be saying this in the context of Three Houses because you're basically asking "but why do these character who are literally assigned to the same classroom able to talk to each other". At least that's my impression of this take.

Ironically, we've had characters that should've been able to Support with another but can't and there's no reason as to why they can't. This is mostly in the post-Awakening world. Most notably, these are the Avatarsexuals, characters who can only Support with the Avatar. Why can't Yen'Fay Support with Say'ri? Why can't Gangrel Support with Chrom?

If we look at Echoes, there is zero reason why Faye can't Support the Ram Kids and Celica and i guarantee had she been able to, people would not be as hard on her.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Two little gameplay details about Nagi are, that he and Elma are the only characters to be in final tier classes, and he is the only non-Cross character IIRC with 5 Skill slots. Both of which back up that bio bit stating he is the strongest person in BLADE (and that Elma is close, as good, or even better). 

I actually didn't notice this, mainly because most characters use a variation of their class, only a few use the standard setup. But this is really cool.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I too am willing to somewhat excuse some of Awakening's faults on the potential swan song aspect. Best to go out with a bang, and I think Awakening did an alright or better job of showing love for the entire franchise to some extent.

Yeah, that's honestly why i'm not as hard on Awakening. I'll still criticize some aspects, of course, but it potentially being a swan song softens the blow. It's like with Xenosaga Episode III, where the story does feel kinda rushed during the second half but if you understand what happened during the development of the series, it makes sense why.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What's that about.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why? Trying to learn to play this and it's hard?

Tchaikovsky is an evil man.

Last year, it was the 1812 overture.

Seven sharps and flats for almost the whole piece.

almost 200 bars, (3 minutes) with no rests at all

Tempo changes.

And now this!

SYNCOPATED ACCELERATING EIGHTH NOTES IN WHICH HE CHANGES THE PATTERN CONSTANTLY AND IT'S EVIL AND HE'S MEAN

EDIT: I just realized that you probably don't understand I thing I said, so TL;DR Tchaikovsky evil

Edited by Benice

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Agreed, FE never used traditional wizard/witch's caps before Awakening, and they don't exactly look good here. We did have Merric's and Lewyn's weird hats, but thats about it, FE usually kept its mages uncapped.

They were there in spirit as pointed cloak hoods at least. At least in the sprites/genericartworks.