Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But there’s oNe ocean seal in this game?? That makes me hesitant even though I’m 90% sure I’m not using Colm.

Master seals also should work. You do get one or two so that's not even an issue.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Pirate promotes to either Berserker or Warrior, so you don't need to worry!
Besides, Fighter doesn't even promote to Berserker.
Fighter has Hero or Warrior as promotion paths, iirc.

Exactly, picking one class would lock me out of Hero or Berserker for Ross.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Master seals also should work. You do get one or two so that's not even an issue.

Oh. Good.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Anyway, for the next 4 years i hope we here in europe come closer together because i have a feeling America will choose a competent alt right guy next time. Which will be bad for us. Very bad.

America is rarely happy with the same party twice, since 1900.:

Spoiler
  • McKinley (inaugurated in 1897, assassinated in 1901) Republican
    • Theodore Roosevelt (1901-1909) Republican
  • Taft (1909-1913) Republican
  • Wilson (1913-1921) Democrat
  • Harding (1921, died of a heart attack in 1923) Republican
    • Coolidge (1923-1929) Republican
  • Hoover (1929-1933) Republican
  • Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1933, died of a brain hemorrhage in 1945) Democrat
    • Truman (1945-1953) Democrat
  • Eisenhower (1953-1961) Republican
  • Kennedy (1961, assassinated 1963) Democrat
    • Lyndon Baines Johnson (1963-1969) Democrat
  • Nixon (1969, resigned under threat of impeachment in 1974) Republican
    • Ford (1974-1977) Republican
  • Carter (1977-1981) Democrat
  • Reagan (1981-1989) Republican
  • H. W. Bush (1989-1993) Republican
  • Clinton (1993-2001) Democrat
  • W. Bush (2001-2009) Republican
  • Obama
  • Demagogue Version 1.0

Indentations to to indicate those who succeeded to office on the death or resignation of the current President. Italics to indicate if they won a term in their own right.

America, if we're lucky, will stick to the Democrats for another 12 years, thats it. And the Republican Party is entirely unrepentant. Just how do you break their spell over rural America and their mostly white, no-college education supporters elsewhere?

We're certainly doomed to self-destruction, breathe while you can.

...I'm ruining this topic with negativity. I apologize.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

It's the cons of Democracy. But don't fret, we are at a better point than long ago, we just need to keep pushing through.

Also, there is a non non-existent chance the Republican party will fragment after this, should Trump break off on his own, or just leave.

A skill only level and then an hp only level right after, after his hp only level last chapter. Thanks Ross. Aren’t trainees supposed to have good growths??

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

A skill only level and then an hp only level right after, after his hp only level last chapter. Thanks Ross. Aren’t trainees supposed to have good growths??

Actually, Ross, Amelia, and Ewan don't have particularly outstanding growths. Ross's 270 in total growths is actually lower than his dad's 285. Neither of the other two have growths at or exceeding their tier 1 competitors either. All they have is their extra couple levels and more final class flexibility.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

What in the WHAT is this?!?
And what is up with that name?

I know this is late and some people already gave you answers, but Senran Kagura is a 2D action game franchise with a ninja schoolgirl cast (though they threw in a token male at one point), with mostly gigantic and bouncy topsides. Surprisingly, it started on the 3DS with Senran Kagura Burst.:

Spoiler

233335_front.jpg

Do note that taking damage causes clothes to be torn off, to the point of full nudity or next to it I think. And that the sequel added a diorama mode where you can dress everyone up and take pictures from different angles I think.

I've read the games have perfectly fun action combat, but there's no mistaking the cleavage is part and parcel of the franchise and very much negates any good reputation the gameplay would give it.

There have been dating sim, third-person shooter, and pinball spinoffs too. The pinball spinoff, so one review told me, involves girls who have been cursed into animal costumes, and the only way to remove the costumes, is to hit them in the rubbery areas enough with a peach ball.

I have zero interest in this franchise FYI. But I like reading about games I'll never play to varying extents.

Or, I'll watch an LP of a game I don't intend to play, I'm currently doing this with Sigma Star Saga. A simple and obscure top-down action game with shoot 'em up random encounters from the GBA era I remember seeing interesting pictures of in Nintendo Power. It's made by Wayforward, the company behind Shantae. SSS looks like a decent game, though the action could be more complex with a more zoomed-out camera, I think it'd deserve a port to modern systems, and maybe a sequel. I could emulate it, but I'm no good at shoot 'em ups, though it's far from a bullet hell here and you have a lifebar instead of 1HKO. And, I don't have a controller, using a keyboard wouldn't work for this game.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Where the heck did you hear that at?

Okay, this one's on me. The first FE with paralogues that I played was Berwick, and that's how they work there. I thought that's what they were in mainline FE as well.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Or maybe more games will come out you are interested in

Yeah, I'm hoping that happens.

I'd probably just donate my Switch to Value Village or something similar if I don't want it anymore, though.

EDIT: Katamari Damacy Rerolled is on Switch, gotta get that!

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There are SRW games on Switch.

Go.

How much do they cost?

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not sure if I'd go this far. It is a strategy game. It just so happens that the strategic elements in it are badly designed.

Eh, I feel like the strategy is kind of...Well, supplementary. I don't think TH was designed with being strategic in mind, rather more like a Sandbox game.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Oh I have to decide between fighter or pirate for Ross. THIS is where the real play time will come from...

Pirate. Pirate is better in every feasible way.

Well, his CON will be worse. But still, minor problem. Pirate for sure.

Also, Marisa is top-tier, close to as good as Seth and better than Duessel. She has a later jointime, but otherwise will carry the team from when she arrives. And she's actually fun! Make sure to use her.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Nope. Their growths are all fairly subpar. Not awful, but Seth has better growths in every stat barring Luck than all three trainees. I mean, that's not a fair comparison, but still. They are basically entirely salvaged, (if salvaged at all) by the promo bonuses.

Edited by Benice

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

How much do they cost?

I think it will depend on the market.

https://eshop-prices.com/games/3503-super-robot-wars-v
https://eshop-prices.com/games/3624-super-robot-war-x
https://eshop-prices.com/games/2278-super-robot-wars-t

But I think they might be on the pricey side overall. Also, all three sport special editions with different licensed tracks, and for that they are even pricier. Plus DLC. All three have DLC.

Though, as always, there's options if you want to try out SRW in general. Like GBA J for the GBA. The Switch ones have official English translations, but for one like J you'll have to rely on a fan translation.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So about the Ares 90 in Xenoblade X, is it a reference to an A.G.W.S from Xenosaga episode 1, or a reference to the E.S, from episode 2? The vibe it gives me is: it refers to being similar to an E.S, as it's above every other craft, and has outstanding capabilities, just like an E.S. 

And that brings another thought, is it powered by a Vessel of Anima like the E.S? The Aghashura cannon makes me think that it's similar to an Anima Awakening special from Episode 3. 

Thinking about how Xenoblade's desert themes are absolute bangers. I think it'd be really neat if Xenoblade desert themes just get more bombastic with each new game. Listen to the two songs, you'll see what i mean.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

I spent 500$ dollars to play it, so I am definitely gonna finish it at least once.

Oh uh.......yeah, this puts a lot of context into things then.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I mean, the game even won strategy game of the year 2019 for the game awards sooo (granted the people in that category had no idea what they were doing but shhh)

Award shows are wack. The only people who care about them are the people who think Metacritic scores are an objective measure of how good a game is.

I don't need an award show to tell me that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the Nintendo Switch is the best game of all time.

6 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I mean not to be that guy but honestly I think most of that came from recency bias. 

That and Best Strategy has like no competition anyway. It's one of those throw-away categories.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

The fanbase hyped it up way more than it deserves, and I'm hating on it more than it probably deserves.

Honestly, don't use fanbase opinion as expectation. All that does is potentially hurt your own opinion.

Not saying don't listen to other's opinions but you should come to your own conclusion.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Not to mention after everything people posted about it here, I'm not exactly thrilled to play it.

Not that it matters, your PC isn't able to handle it in the first place.

42 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So about the Ares 90 in Xenoblade X, is it a reference to an A.G.W.S from Xenosaga episode 1, or a reference to the E.S, from episode 2? The vibe it gives me is: it refers to being similar to an E.S, as it's above every other craft, and has outstanding capabilities, just like an E.S. 

It's a reference to the Erde Kaiser Sigma in the sense that it is capable of one-shotting most things.

Jokes aside, it's definitely a reference to the "enhanced" mechs of the previous games. The Omnigears from Xenogears and the E.S Units from Xenosaga. 

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Benice said:

EDIT: Katamari Damacy Rerolled is on Switch, gotta get that!

Good choice, the Katamari games are a fun and weird romp. Katamari Damacy Rerolled is a beautified version of the first game, which was a PS2 classic. Its director Keita Takahashi pushed this experimental budget title as a way to escape the endless sequels Namco was having him work on, and once in control he "proactively ignored" instructions from higher ups to add complex features, like powerups, or gimmicky objectives, instead focusing his attention on making the moment to moment gameplay at the core as fun as possible. Furthermore it has an amazing soundtrack, and a distinctive art style (one interesting thing to note is that he has a college degree in sculpting...).

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's a reference to the Erde Kaiser Sigma in the sense that it is capable of one-shotting most things.

Jokes aside, it's definitely a reference to the "enhanced" mechs of the previous games. The Omnigears from Xenogears and the E.S Units from Xenosaga. 

Good point! Xd

Well does that mean that standard Skells are simply the same as standard A.G.W.S, then? 

As I said before, it's super art is the same thing as an Anima Awakening special, which makes sense. 

Also, it can fly just like the E.S (its wings are kinda shaped liked the Dinah's a bit, I think?) 

Does the Ares have the Zohar icon anywhere on it? I cant remember if it does or not.

My ideas could be way off, but I enjoy speculating alot!

Edited by lightcosmo

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Good choice, the Katamari games are a fun and weird romp. Katamari Damacy Rerolled is a beautified version of the first game, which was a PS2 classic. Its director Keita Takahashi pushed this experimental budget title as a way to escape the endless sequels Namco was having him work on, and once in control he "proactively ignored" instructions from higher ups to add complex features, like powerups, or gimmicky objectives, instead focusing his attention on making the moment to moment gameplay at the core as fun as possible. Furthermore it has an amazing soundtrack, and a distinctive art style (one interesting thing to note is that he has a college degree in sculpting...).

Agreed. It’s quite a fun little game, and worth the price, imo. Interesting to hear the dedication Takahashi had toward his work, not wanting to add or change anything, but to preserve the original experience as much as possible.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well does that mean that standard Skells are simply the same as standard A.G.W.S, then? 

Skells are definitely standard A.G.W.S. A.G.W.S weren't assigned to any particular character and that's the same with Skells. Of course, anyone can use the Ares 90 provided they've reached Lv.60 but it's clear the Ares 90 is not a normal Skell.

If we get personalized Skells in Xenoblade 2, it'll be more comparable, at least mechanically, to the Gears and Omingears in Xenogears and the E.S Units in Xenosaga.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Eh, I feel like the strategy is kind of...Well, supplementary. I don't think TH was designed with being strategic in mind, rather more like a Sandbox game.

Ouch. I've heard this exact same "it's sandbox!" criticism thrown at Civilization VI by some of its virulent critics quite a fair bit. I know you really couldn't have enjoyed it then.

25 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Does the Ares have the Zohar icon anywhere on it? I cant remember if it does or not.

No, and there's no reason for it, given XCX has no Zohar, or Anima.

And it's worth adding that the Ares we get to use are...

Spoiler

...merely replicas of the original Ares, made purely with human-accessible materials of immaculate quality. The original Ares (which I like calling the "Ares Xeno") was made with dark matter IIRC, which is totally alien, and also what the Vita and Ghosts use. 

Maybe dark matter does have something super-duper special about it, something that is connected to XCX's hidden secrets. But what that those revelations are and how dark matter exactly relates, we do not know. The Vita is described by Luxaar as the "vessel" of the Great One, so I'd guess dark matter is a suitable medium for the soul of a "god" or something.

Speaking of the Vita, considering we've never seen the Great One use it, and Luxaar could command it at only 30% of its true potential, either it's gonna be regenerated, or theres a second Vita out there. Why would Monolith deny us a showing of its real strength? It likely wouldn't be be worthy of final boss material, barring maybe the first phase of several, but as a mid-lategame theatrical menace, I could see it as befitting. -Alternatively, I estimate there is a 3% chance Elma or someone else amongst the good guys is the Great One and gets it as a personal Skell in the endgame.

24 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Good choice, the Katamari games are a fun and weird romp. Katamari Damacy Rerolled is a beautified version of the first game, which was a PS2 classic.

Yeah. I've never played a Katamari game before, but a Youtuber I like, (PeanutButter Gamer) does, which is how I discovered the existence of the series. And, y'know, the moment I saw the intro, I knew I had to play it. I keep forgetting to actually get Rerolled, though!

Also the king is too hawt

24 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

one interesting thing to note is that he has a college degree in sculpting...).

Oh, I didn't know that! Interesting.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ouch. I've heard this exact same "it's sandbox!" criticism thrown at Civilization VI by some of its virulent critics quite a fair bit. I know you really couldn't have enjoyed it then.

Counterpoint to Sandbox being an insult:

Minecraft is a Sandbox.

Seriously though, I have no problem with Sandbox games. I just didn't have the right frame of mind for it.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I so like this track... such a good game...

Not gonna lie the Zone of the Enders sounds like an American football nickname.

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And it's worth adding that the Ares we get to use are...

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Considering the Vita was pretty banged up when it was first found in Dead Man's Gulch, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for an advanced alien civilization to put in some repairs.

Although it did disappear into the protoplasmic fluid of the Lifehold Core so who knows if that did anything to it.

I don't know if the Vita will show up again but I can see the Vita being a "one of many" deal similarly to the Omnigears and the E.S Units. In fact, since Luxaar could only use it at 30% capacity suggest that the Vita is more like an E.S Unit, since E.Ses can only be piloted to their full capabilities by certain people. Although Realians don't have an issue at all.

@DragonFlames Koei Tecmo posted a new video of the combat system in Atelier Ryza 2 and it really does feel like the first game was just testing the waters. Most notably, Atelier Ryza 2 lets you block attacks as they come in as opposed to just setting the character to guard.

Just thought it'd be interesting to share, neither of us are really into active ATB (at least I remember you saying you weren't) but Ryza 2 does seem to be making changes for the better and I at least feel like I can make an exception.

Edited by Armagon