Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Benice said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think you get to keep her.

Just out of curiosity, which units did you use, and who is your favorite character thus far?

Excellent.

Reese (Duh), Enid, Faye, Czene, Larentia, Aegina, Faramir, Alvina, Dean and Ward are my usuals. Saphira if i need a healer.

hmmmm, tough choice. Gameplay wise- i'm gonna go with Enid. I've always loved using a mix of swords and magic, and this is no exception. And her prf spell looks wicked graphically.

Character wise- I'm still not sure. Xd

More Assassin's Knife's?! That's getting old really quickly, game. Although the ones that came at me so far, not a single crit, nice!

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Reese (Duh), Enid, Faye, Czene, Larentia, Aegina, Faramir, Alvina, Dean and Ward are my usuals. Saphira if i need a healer.

I don't see Sylvis. That's got to be a first for this thread.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Czene

Woah, you managed to get her promotion? Nice.

Also I see no Esteban this has been a failed run

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't use Sylvis! Benice did it first! Or second. Kaga probably didn't use Sylvis.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't see how she's useful over Faramir, TBH. No defense on enemy phase, and he's got much better stats overall, and very easy to recruit. Also, also, his prf is broken, like crazy broken.

his skillset is stacked with amazing stuff.

Woah, you managed to get her promotion? Nice.

Also I see no Esteban this has been a failed run

Yeah, that was pretty easy, got it right as the event triggered.

Sorry Esteban, i had no need for another Archer.

Yeah, that was pretty easy, got it right as the event triggered.

I completely missed her event in Ponies and Thieves in my first run...

Sorry Esteban, i had no need for another Archer.

B-But Pursuit!

I completely missed her event in Ponies and Thieves in my first run...

B-But Pursuit!

Oof, her horse is OP, lol. 

Don't need it, not in this game. It can take a hike.

Overwatch, Hide, Aim, crossbows, for a few examples. Still, Faramir is also really good.

I don't like relying on the hide skill for one reason.

:enemy thief moves in. enemy assassin moves in, proceeds to say night night to hiding unit.

I don't like relying on the hide skill for one reason.

Overwatch is still extremely powerful if used correctly, Aim gives her accuracy in a game where every bit helps immensely, and there's crossbows that fire four times. I'm not saying Faramir is bad, but Sylvis is by no means a "worse Faramir". She has just different kinds of utility. Which, hey, if you don't need it, fair enough. This game's cast is balanced well enough that you can get away with just about anyone.

...Except Derrick. Mostly because Derrick can't even leave the starting area in a good chunk of the game's maps.

3 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Enemy phase isn't a thing in this game anyway.

Really? I think that dishing out damage on EP is nice for setting up kills for weaker units. Like, Reese deals about 18 damage average, well anyone can scoop that kill up for some EXP.

Oh and i guess when you help Izerna out, she gets dropped and loses her turn. Welp, time to start that over.

Overwatch is still extremely powerful if used correctly, Aim gives her accuracy in a game where every bit helps immensely, and there's crossbows that fire four times. I'm not saying Faramir is bad, but Sylvis is by no means a "worse Faramir". She has just different kinds of utility. Which, hey, if you don't need it, fair enough. This game's cast is balanced well enough that you can get away with just about anyone.

...Except Derrick. Mostly because Derrick can't even leave the starting area in a good chunk of the game's maps.

Yeah, aim is amazing, for sure. I just like his utility, aka Celerity and fortune, much better.

I guess if i play it again, i'll give her a shot (see what i did there?)

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh and i guess when you help Izerna out, she gets dropped and loses her turn. Welp, time to start that over.

Oh, right, that happens if you don't meet Perceval's requirement. 

Yeah, aim is amazing, for sure. I just like his utility, aka Celerity and fortune, much better.

I can understand that. Both those skills are awesome, and the cutlass is just nice (although with a pitiful rank requirement of 20 for non-Faramir units, you can easily give it to Reese or Ward after he's recruited, which is pretty funny).

I guess if i play it again, i'll give her a shot (see what i did there?)

Please do, she's a really fun unit.

Oh, well i never used him, he seems like he is pretty useless. Maybe that's just me?

He misses constantly. His hitrates aren't even that bad, but it seems like myself and everyone I know who's played this game has experienced the same problem with him. What gives, Percy?

Still, thunder is useful, and Owen and Enid are both terrible with it. Even worse than Percy, I mean.

I can understand that. Both those skills are awesome, and the cutlass is just nice (although with a pitiful rank requirement of 20 for non-Faramir units, you can easily give it to Reese or Ward after he's recruited, which is pretty funny).

Please do, she's a really fun unit.

He misses constantly. His hitrates aren't even that bad, but it seems like myself and everyone I know who's played this game has experienced the same problem with him. What gives, Percy?

Still, thunder is useful, and Owen and Enid are both terrible with it. Even worse than Percy, I mean.

The 5 MOV really stands out when i need to block a path or rush something/one down. since most horse units are ahead, any stragglers go through him, and hopefully he doesn't die.

I'll do that for sure. Anyone else fun to use? i couldnt' try them all, of course, to little resources to go around for that. (No Derrick, though)

I dunno, he just feels... okay, at best.

Thunder is amazing for it's range. I can't say how many times that's saved me.

medium_Rune-Factory-5_2020_11-11-20_Feat

https://gonintendo.com/stories/372445-more-bachelors-bachelorettes-and-townsfolk-revealed-for-rune-fact

New RF5 characters shown. One bachelorette and bachelor, and four non-datable NPCs. The franchise tradition of a mother you wish you could wed continues, and Obligatory Little Boy & Little Girl return, thankfully like everything pre-4 they aren't dateable this time.

---

Didn't feel like FoMT today, so I began a second run of Trials of Mana, using the three characters I didn't use on the first playthrough: Riesz, Hawkeye, and Angela. It's non-NG+, on Hard, though I think I'll turn it down to Normal until I can upgrade classes, it's a little restricted prior to that. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Faramir dies in 2 hits usually.

Usually, yes. But he's gained 2 defence so far! That + 35, i think? HP allows him to take 3 hits now!

Well dodge tanking + parry is pretty good too.

Edited by lightcosmo

Anyone else fun to use? i couldnt' try them all, of course, to little resources to go around for that.

Vantage is awesome, so use Adel, even though he does fall off later. Lances are great, so check out Clifford as well - and to recruit him, you'll need Ruby. Arthur, really solid and extremely easy to promote, too.

...Honestly, I could save myself some time and just say "everyone". One of my favorite things about this game is how unique and distinct every unit is. They're all great fun to try out. Especially Derrick--

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

(No Derrick, though)

Damnit, why must you be so difficult...?

Vantage is awesome, so use Adel, even though he does fall off later. Lances are great, so check out Clifford as well - and to recruit him, you'll need Ruby. Arthur, really solid and extremely easy to promote, too.

...Honestly, I could save myself some time and just say "everyone". One of my favorite things about this game is how unique and distinct every unit is. They're all great fun to try out. Especially Derrick--

Damnit, why must you be so difficult...?

Alright then, who stands out more than the others? Whether it's because skills, base stats, weapon levels, etc. I just kinda used who i wanted to.

I seen that he can't be used during Primary chapters, thats stupid!

Edited by lightcosmo

Well, Ruby is struggling a bit with her shield rank. Since she usually dodges most attacks, and when she does get hit, she generally has to bail out quickly.

Fortunately Arthur with his much better bases doesn't have this problem. Heck, with Desperation, he can guarantee that he gets hit.