Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Alright then, who stands out more than the others? Whether it's because skills, base stats, weapon levels, etc. I just kinda used who i wanted to.

Adel and Leon, Clifford, Volo (as much as I hate him), Sylvis, Axel, Arthur, Owen and Burroughs are what I would call a few highlights.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I seen that he can't be used during Primary chapters, thats stupid!

He can after he's permanently recruited.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Everyone has some unique fun stuff going for them.
Well, except for Elbert, Ruby and Alvina, I suppose. They all just kinda have a mere fraction of what Clifford can do. 
Also Saphira, at least until very late in the game.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Adel and Leon, Clifford, Volo (as much as I hate him), Sylvis, Axel, Arthur, Owen and Burroughs are what I would call a few highlights.

He can after he's permanently recruited.

Sylvis is on the list. I gave Arthur a shot early on, I couldn't get him EXP since he didn't want to hit anything. 

Well, considering I killed him the first time, I cant imagine him being very good.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Everyone has some unique fun stuff going for them.
Well, except for Elbert, Ruby and Alvina, I suppose. Also Saphira, at least until very late in the game.

Provoke seems like it's good, though. Taking advantage of enemy positioning with it is useful.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, considering I killed him the first time, I cant imagine him being very good.

I mean, if you really try you can kill Galzus

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oh, it is. But Clifford got that one too. So he is just kinda better then Elbert in everything.

Yeah, Elbert is sadly kinda screwed over by Clifford's existence. Clifford has his entire kit and another whole kit on top of it.

Yeah, Elbert is sadly kinda screwed over by Clifford's existence. Clifford has his entire kit and another whole kit on top of it.

Also his cursed Spear growth.

He could easily eclipse Clifford in Sword and Small Shield skill, but unless he gets Spear to 20, they are both capped at 30.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, BrightBow said:

Also his cursed Spear growth.

I made Adel work

Just now, BrightBow said:

He could eclipse Clifford in Sword and Small Shield skill, but unless he gets Spear to 20, they are both capped at 30.

Also no lances. That's always a shame.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I made Adel work

Yeah. Right in time for the endgame.

Thing is, Elbert's promotion is a massive bottleneck. It caps his Sword rank at 30. Clifford starts with 31 in Spear. If Elbert is putting in the time to get Spear to 20, his Sword rank will probably never even reach 30 in the first place.

Edited by BrightBow

Yeah. Right in time for the endgame.

I am proud of it and all the negativity you are capable of spewing cannot change that.

Thing is, Elbert's promotion is a massive bottleneck. It caps his Sword rank at 30. Clifford starts with 31 in Spear. If Elbert is putting in the time to get Spear to 20, his Sword rank will probably not even reach 30 in the first place.

I still have no idea how I managed to promote him in chapter 8 in my first run... I think I rigged levels for him like crazy.

I feel like the one asshole who still prefers Druid Ewan because for all that Summons are pretty neat, his are still the worst.

And that Knoll can do it from the get go.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I feel like the one asshole who still prefers Druid Ewan because for all that Summons are pretty neat, his are still the worst.

And that Knoll can do it from the get go.

I used to think this way too... Until I realized that it doesn't matter what their stats are when they both have 1 HP and 0 defenses and are intended to distract, not anything else. And you know what's better than one phantom? Two phantoms. Druid's one advantage is anima magic, and honestly, if I wanted Ewan to use anima I'd have him go mage.

Druids do look quite badass, though. Druid Knoll looks great. A shame about it being by far the worst option.

I used to think this way too... Until I realized that it doesn't matter what their stats are when they both have 1 HP and 0 defenses and are intended to distract, not anything else. And you know what's better than one phantom? Two phantoms. Druid's one advantage is anima magic, and honestly, if I wanted Ewan to use anima I'd have him go mage.

Druids do look quite badass, though. Druid Knoll looks great. A shame about it being by far the worst option.

This isn't about thinking Summoner Ewan's bad, so much as personal preference sees me making him a druid.

Edited by Dayni

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

medium_Rune-Factory-5_2020_11-11-20_Feat

https://gonintendo.com/stories/372445-more-bachelors-bachelorettes-and-townsfolk-revealed-for-rune-fact

New RF5 characters shown. One bachelorette and bachelor, and four non-datable NPCs. The franchise tradition of a mother you wish you could wed continues, and Obligatory Little Boy & Little Girl return, thankfully like everything pre-4 they aren't dateable this time.

---

Didn't feel like FoMT today, so I began a second run of Trials of Mana, using the three characters I didn't use on the first playthrough: Riesz, Hawkeye, and Angela. It's non-NG+, on Hard, though I think I'll turn it down to Normal until I can upgrade classes, it's a little restricted prior to that. 

This time? Or is this again about Amber and Kiel?

---

I'd say, why is anytime I see someone play ToM with those three it's always in that combination. I get it not putting Angela as the main with that party combination, but it seems anyone hardly puts Hawkeye as the main...

I prefer Sage or Mage Knight for Ewan, his color scheme is amazing on those classes.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This time? Or is this again about Amber and Kiel?

Yeah, I was alluding to Amber and Kiel being dateable. My explanation for it is Marvelous wanted to have 6 marriage candidates per gender, and wanting a little boy and little girl as usual, and something caused them to merge these two things.:

• It could've been they were running low on bachelor/ette ideas, and thus resorted to adding the children to the pool. This is highly unlikely to me.
  • Or, it could've been they felt they had a strict NPC limit, wanted 6 marriage candidates per gender, and wanted the two children. But, they didn't want the children to be useless wastes of oxygen. Let's face it, the mandatory boy and girl have long existed, so as to show people under 18 exist in RF (and SoS) towns, but have rarely been good characters. 

-But I don't want to talk about those weird two from RF4 anymore. It's a dead horse.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, why is anytime I see someone play ToM with those three it's always in that combination. I get it not putting Angela as the main with that party combination, but it seems anyone hardly puts Hawkeye as the main...

I picked Riesz as the main because, while Hawkeye wasn't uninteresting from what I saw of him on the first playthrough, Reisz was more appealing. Though I can understand how one could prefer a cool rogue to a boring valkyrie princess.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I was alluding to Amber and Kiel being dateable. My explanation for it is Marvelous wanted to have 6 marriage candidates per gender, and wanting a little boy and little girl as usual, and something caused them to merge these two things.:

• It could've been they were running low on bachelor/ette ideas, and thus resorted to adding the children to the pool. This is highly unlikely to me.
  • Or, it could've been they felt they had a strict NPC limit, wanted 6 marriage candidates per gender, and wanted the two children. But, they didn't want the children to be useless wastes of oxygen. Let's face it, the mandatory boy and girl have long existed, so as to show people under 18 exist in RF (and SoS) towns, but have rarely been good characters. 

I picked Riesz as the main because, while Hawkeye wasn't uninteresting from what I saw of him on the first playthrough, Reisz was more appealing. Though I can understand how one could prefer a cool rogue to a boring valkyrie princess.

Maybe, though that apprentice-detective kid, Cecil, seems like he's going to be very similar to Kiel. Looks around the same age and also a bachelor. But I suppose that will be overlooked now that there's actual children again. Honestly, it's likely why Amber and Kiel seem to be associated as such. They're the youngest of the cast, and in some cases their personalities don't help define their likely actual ages. And, well, I'd say the more questionable thing was RF2 with Aaron and Aria being able to date Roy and Cammy. Despite the age difference being that of around 15 years! Or likely lower. Maybe 10 at the least. At least during the time the game is taking place would be questionable in real life. But that ain't real life.

More like the other way, and it wouldn't be hard to guess why, haha. Anyway, like I said, it's more common to have her as the main than him. At least from what I've seen.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I had read that I should make him a druid...

Do what you think works, I'd say don't let anyone make too much of a case on it because SS isn't going to bust you over the head for it imo.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Anyone else fun to use?

Imma advocate for my boy Esteban. His Bow Skill isn't bad and has an insane growth, Huntsman is pretty nice, dagger access is pretty nice, he gets a very powerful, (albeit risky) prf weapon, his promotion is easy to get. And he gets possibly the most broken skill in the game later on. (Level 20) He's the only unit really able to be a threat with daggers as well, so he can get rid of armor knights quite well.

And he's the best character! Bonus!

I didn't use him, but Daoud with Battle Cry + Pulverize is hilarious if you can get it. Axel is also kinda neat.

Oh, and Faye, but you used her this time.

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I had read that I should make him a druid...

Druid has best battle animation, therefore Druid is Ewan's best option.

Today I learned that one of the cutscenes in Xenoblade 2 has a slight variation; depending on which path you take to reach Fonsett, you get either "Easy Tunnel Through the Clouds" or "Hard Tunnel Through the Clouds". The dialogue in both cutscenes is identical and the scenery is largely the same, but they have different names in the Event Theater. I'm curious what happens if you get one version in one playthrough and the other in the next. Do you get both versions in the Theater, or does the second replace the first?

Speaking of Chapter 5, since we find that both Zeke and Fan la Norne were sent to fetch the party on Indol's behalf, I imagine that Amalthus spent weeks waiting for Zeke to come back and got impatient enough to send Fan instead.