Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Anyone who has seen the pokemon anime should know how amazing this song is.

the anime did alot wrong but this is not one of them. Lyrics fit the mood so well and I give them mad props for that.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, everyone.
Nice to see that you guys seem to be enjoying yourselves. ^^

I was busy with university stuff yesterday, so I couldn't be here.
One of the lectures yesterday was on the Epic of Gilgamesh. Very interesting.

Hello Draggy!

Oh university... what a scary thought xD

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

You get used to it! XD

I mean I got sick of doing one quiz thing that was 35 questions long because I had to take the entire thing like six times to get a 100 because I was rushing through and either making typos or assuming the question was asking for the correct form of “the” in Spanish when it was asking for an indefinite article instead so me with university assignments... wouldn’t be very great.

FE in a nutshell

1 hour ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Guys, I have something for you:

Reveal hidden contents

Azlgavd.jpg

It happened!

Teehee

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Berwick chapter 13 is very stacked against the player, like alot. Thats... not fun, honestly.

Block reinforcement spots if you are hacing that much trouble

1 hour ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Guys, I have something for you:

Reveal hidden contents

Azlgavd.jpg

It happened!

Nice!

Spoiler

The Teehee ship has sailed!

Glad you're enjoying the game (based on what you posted about it)! Hope you will continue to do so!

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean I got sick of doing one quiz thing that was 35 questions long because I had to take the entire thing like six times to get a 100 because I was rushing through and either making typos or assuming the question was asking for the correct form of “the” in Spanish when it was asking for an indefinite article instead so me with university assignments... wouldn’t be very great.

Don't worry yourself too much. You'll find your own pace to work on stuff!
With time comes practice, or something like that! ^^

Really the worst part for me is this nagging feeling of standing completely still while everything and everyone around me moves on.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, the life to a bachelor's degree...

... I was left only a husk of what I was...

Those eight years really grinded on me.

Gotta say...
I feel that.

Edited by DragonFlames

I missed like 10 pages and i'm not checking all of them so i missed something, let me know.

Anyway, here's Phog thinking he's Jimmy Neutron

IMG_20201112_110815.jpg?width=768&height

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

medium_Rune-Factory-5_2020_11-11-20_Feat

https://gonintendo.com/stories/372445-more-bachelors-bachelorettes-and-townsfolk-revealed-for-rune-fact

New RF5 characters shown. One bachelorette and bachelor, and four non-datable NPCs. The franchise tradition of a mother you wish you could wed continues, and Obligatory Little Boy & Little Girl return, thankfully like everything pre-4 they aren't dateable this time.

Yeah, i'm glad they're keeping the young ones as normal NPCs this time. Although the detective bachelor does lean towards the younger size. Although he's probably just short. I have a friend who's 20 but you wouldn't know looking at him.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..Except Derrick. Mostly because Derrick can't even leave the starting area in a good chunk of the game's maps.

Armor Knight moment.

17 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Today I learned that one of the cutscenes in Xenoblade 2 has a slight variation; depending on which path you take to reach Fonsett, you get either "Easy Tunnel Through the Clouds" or "Hard Tunnel Through the Clouds". The dialogue in both cutscenes is identical and the scenery is largely the same, but they have different names in the Event Theater. I'm curious what happens if you get one version in one playthrough and the other in the next. Do you get both versions in the Theater, or does the second replace the first?

I would imagine both show up. Or maybe it's a toggle.

There are 5 forts, but practically speaking you only need to defend 3 of them since enemies only come from the South East, South West and North West.

The terrain is more beneficial then you might think. The enemies in the Northwest are very vulnerable when they try to cross the cliffs since it sets their avoid to 0. The enemies in the Southeast struggle to take advantage of their numbers because they can't move well through the forests. And the small woodline in the Southwest kills the movement of all those bow archers and allows them to be jumped easily once they used up their turn to cross it.

Edited by BrightBow

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Two things:
1) you are not much older than me.
2) as of recent, I have not exactly been very full of life.

But thank you, Wraith! I appreciate it.

But the hounds Draggy, THE HOUNDS!!! 

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Always pondered... are the animals also in Mimeosome bodies? Maybe that's how that dog got all the way into Cauldros...

No the pets are straight-up just AI. There are real animals in the Lifehold but the ones in NLA are completely AI as a way to see how Earth fauna would survive on Mira.

That's just an ecological disaster waiting to happen.

Brought to you by the same species that introduced rabbits to Australia.

Also, that's somewhat disappointing. Would've been amusing to see what shenanigans they could get to with those.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

College didn't change me that much I think. There was no magical "changed" moment, it was more school with more work to be done, I know how to skim tens of books for research papers now, but I don't perceive a fundamental change in my outlook on life or my general behaviors or something, whatever was supposed to change.

---

Made it to the Wind Mana Stone again, time to look at that class spreadsheet to plan things out.

*Notices not one of my three characters gets Healing Light, ever*

...I was not expecting to be dependent on candies, chocolates, and the like for the entire game. Oh well, it must definitely be possible to manage somehow. The spreadsheet I'm using isn't the easiest thing to read, but it does seamlessly have everyone's classes and all their details listed side by side.

• Riesz- Starlancer looks like it's a shoo-in. Vanadis's victory HP recovery is useless on bosses. And Auto-Heal HP All is too little healing for the time it takes. Her dark classes just don't look useful.
  • Hawkeye- Ranger looks like a bad 2nd class. Nomad has three neat buffs but otherwise looks weak. Ninja Master appears to be his best option with Super Ninja Trick, Chain Ninja, and Weak Point II. But Nightblade or Rogue could grab me a dark spell in case Angela doesn't go that way. Though what would a dark spell cover besides the Light Benevodon (who admittedly was tough)?
  • Angela- She's got big magic damage every which way, thats good. Magus is a no, because Wound Magic is too risky for me without Healing Light. Rune Seer looks MP inefficient, 350 is less than double the power of the + spells but double the cost, and it doesn't appear to have anything else useful. Grand Diviner has great MP regeneration, but it can't work during boss battles like Archmage's. Limit Break II is strong, but Judge and Elemental Combo II combined are better. Because I value bosses capabilities more than strengths against ordinary enemies, Archmage it'll be.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No the pets are straight-up just AI. There are real animals in the Lifehold but the ones in NLA are completely AI as a way to see how Earth fauna would survive on Mira.

That's just an ecological disaster waiting to happen.

I thought the same, but Gwin's first Affinity Mission -the one where you have to find the missing cat- I noticed on my second run, to my surprise, that they said that was a real flesh and blood cat. The ones for your barracks and all ordinary BLADEs are pure robots, but it seems a few natural critters were permitted for the sake of research. I think theres a real moral complaint here thats left unsaid.

Although, you may wish to double-check a video on that AfM to see what it said. Or maybe the cat-bonded NPC explains it in his dialogue if you go and talk to him in NLA.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Wyvern knight seems to be the best class for Tana, statistically. But does the queen of cheer belong on a wyvern? No. And does said wyvern look like it has several birth defects? Yes.

Falcon knight it is.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wyvern knight seems to be the best class for Tana, statistically. But does the queen of cheer belong on a wyvern? No. And does said wyvern look like it has several birth defects? Yes.

Falcon knight it is.

Good, maximise your chance of using the Triangle attack.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I was not expecting to be dependent on candies, chocolates, and the like for the entire game. Oh well, it must definitely be possible to manage somehow. The spreadsheet I'm using doesn't

• Riesz- Starlancer looks like it's a shoo-in. Vanadis's victory HP recovery is useless on bosses. And Auto-Heal HP All is too little healing for the time it takes. Her dark classes just don't look useful.
  • Hawkeye- Ranger looks like a bad 2nd class. Nomad has three neat buffs but otherwise looks weak. Ninja Master appears to be his best option with Super Ninja Trick, Chain Ninja, and Weak Point II. But Nightblade or Rogue could grab me a dark spell in case Angela doesn't go that way. Though what would a dark spell cover besides the Light Benevodon (who admittedly was tough)?
  • Angela- She's got big magic damage every which way, thats good. Magus is a no, because Wound Magic is too risky for me without Healing Light. Rune Seer looks MP inefficient, 350 is less than double the power of the + spells but double the cost, and it doesn't appear to have anything else useful. Grand Diviner has great MP regeneration, but it can't work during boss battles like Archmage's. Limit Break II is strong, but Judge and Elemental Combo II combined are better. Because I value bosses capabilities more than strengths against ordinary enemies, Archmage it'll be.

Get Winning Heal. 7% party heal after every battle. Certainly, HRA is the party with no access to healing outside chain abilities and items.

Like I said, it's about synergy. Riesz's dark classes give her debuffs, which if you got Dark-Light they become AoE, which pair nicely with Hawkeye's Light-Dark arsenal of attack skills and Angela's DPS magic. The reverse applies too. Riesz's light classes has buffs, which go AoE in Light-Dark, which pair with Hawk's Dark-Light AoE spells... and still Angela's DPS magic bombing. You'll mow enemy crowds all the same and also brute force against bosses.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you're referring to the absence of forelegs, thats actually what a wyvern is supposed to be!

Apparently, the etymology of "wyvern" goes back to "vipera" meaning "venomous snake" in Latin. Snakes don't have any legs, wyverns might have two legs, but thats less than a more common form of dragon, and it's more serpentine as a result.

Blame NoA for not being mythology nerds for their lousy choice of "Wyvern" to describe all units who ride something with scales. Glen should be a Dragon Lord (or Dracolord to use RD's superior name), and Valter the sole canon manned "wyvern" unit in FE. -Although I think the feral Wyvern enemies in New Mystery are true wyverns too.:

wyvern.png

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Get Winning Heal. 7% party heal after every battle. Certainly, HRA is the party with no access to healing outside chain abilities and items.

Like I said, it's about synergy. Riesz's dark classes give her debuffs, which if you got Dark-Light they become AoE, which pair nicely with Hawkeye's Light-Dark AoE crowd control and Angela's DPS magic. The reverse applies too. Riesz's light classes has buffs, which go AoE in Light-Dark, which pair with Hawk's Dark-Light AoE spells... and still Angela's DPS magic bombing. You'll mow enemy crowds all the same and also brute force against bosses.

I saw the Winning Heal and I will be loving that ASAP. And thanks for the advice! Explosive damage potential here I come.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Blame NoA for not being mythology nerds for their lousy choice of "Wyvern" to describe all units who ride something with scales. Glen should be a Dragon Lord (or Dracolord to use RD's superior name), and Valter the sole canon manned "Wyvern" unit in FE. -Although I think the feral Wyvern enemies in New Mystery are true Wyverns too.:

wyvern.png

I think, at least for Blazing Blade, they also wanted to differentiate between Scouring dragons and the Bernese dragon mounts. Since both are called dragons, and admittedly the mounts do look like just smaller dragons, having four legs and all. They probably thought players would get confused.

Afterwards it was likely just for consistency. At least until the mounts did turned into proper wyverns.

I'm pretty sure they're also wyverns in the original. Though they were called Flying Dragons, not Wyverns.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I saw the Winning Heal and I will be loving that ASAP. And thanks for the advice! Explosive damage potential here I come.

I was also gonna say, if you do go for Riesz buffing, then yeah, making Angela go Light is also a good choice. Specially since she can AoE her elemental spells for crowd control. Going Dark only makes her AoE her Dark spells, which isn't as versatile. And both Light Tier 3 classes give her a non-elemental AoE, just like how Hawkeye gets one with Shuriken as a Ninja Master.

Edited by Acacia Sgt