Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I beat chapters 6 and 7 as well as Mozu’s paralogue in my new Conquest file today. Mozu actually got insane levels, one of hers was literally every stat but defense (not surprising). But her lack of hp levels worries me...

Just a suggestion if you are going to use Mozu, reclass her immediately, as her base class is really holding her back, and Bowzu is great.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Can Benny not tank?

Oh no...

Benny tanks better than Effie (the amount of defense he gets is kinda absurd), but Effie just hits so much harder, while still being able to tank alright, and he shows up much latter. Plus Effie has enough speed that she isn't forced into General for the wary fighter skill, like Benny tends to be.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That's probably the point I missed because I know Margaret introduced her to me.

Yeah, it works.

I made the mistake that I thought these requests would be similar to Elizabeth's, so that's why I was daunted to do this.

I'm glad my misbelief was corrected thanks @Eltosian Kadath

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I beat chapters 6 and 7 as well as Mozu’s paralogue in my new Conquest file today. Mozu actually got insane levels, one of hers was literally every stat but defense (not surprising). But her lack of hp levels worries me...

As Eltosisn said, if you haven’t already reclass Mozu into an archer ASAP. You are going to need a good archer for chapter 10 because the game spams Pegasus knights at you and the only other bow unit you get by that point is Niles which..... No. reclass her into an archer as soon as possible so she can start building weapon rank.

Good morning, my friends!

Do you want to see what my childhood looks like?
Because I am nostalgic as hell right now. xD
gY12GZC.png

Le Mans at night with a Mercedes CLK-LM. God, this looks beautiful (though I notice I haven't even screenshotted the more beautiful vistas this track offers, especially at night).
Granted, I actually played the sequel on PS2 as a kid, but this game is in no way worse than its follow-up title.
Thank you, Dreamcast emulator!

Also reminder: this game came out in 2000.

1 hour ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I'm considering what to play next:

• Nights of Azure 2

*Happy Draggy noises*
I do hope you will enjoy this game when you get to it!

Edited by DragonFlames

Also, I have a very shameful confession to make.
Due to YouTube constantly recommending me the OSTs and most of the themes being absolute bangers (like this one, which is probably my favorite out of all of them right now), I actually went and got Senran Kagura 2 - Deep Crimson on the 3DS.
As expected, there is fanservice out the wazoo, almost to a comedic level, so anyone who is opposed to that kind of stuff DO NOT BUY THIS!
But otherwise, the game is actually really good! It's a fun (and challenging) beat-em-up, functioning similarly to musou games. Although whoever made the decision not to give you a gosh-darn guard button was on something. And something heavy at that, because that is straight up evil.
And the characters and story are really interesting, too.
The funny moments this game has are also genuinely hilarious. For example, it has characters beating the hell out of each other over whether or not bean sprouts belong in sushi, and the resident edgelord (who turns out not to be an edgelord at all) trying to be funny and using her six swords to imitate a crab.
Yes, you read that right: SIX SWORDS. And she actually has a seventh one that she can only use in special battles, and when she uses it, it's the only one she wields; otherwise, she uses all of her swords at once (Homura to people dual wielding: "Get on my level, scrubs!"), but functionally, it's more similar to a character using claws.

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Due to YouTube constantly recommending me the OSTs and most of the themes being absolute bangers (like this one, which is probably my favorite out of all of them right now), I actually went and got Senran Kagura 2 - Deep Crimson on the 3DS.
As expected, there is fanservice out the wazoo, almost to a comedic level, so anyone who is opposed to that kind of stuff DO NOT BUY THIS!
But otherwise, the game is actually really good! It's a fun (and challenging) beat-em-up, functioning similarly to musou games. Although whoever made the decision not to give you a gosh-darn guard button was on something. And something heavy at that, because that is straight up evil.
And the characters and story are really interesting, too.
The funny moments this game has are also genuinely hilarious. For example, it has characters beating the hell out of each other over whether or not bean sprouts belong in sushi, and the resident edgelord (who turns out not to be an edgelord at all) trying to be funny and using her six swords to imitate a crab.
Yes, you read that right: SIX SWORDS. And she actually has a seventh one that she can only use in special battles, and when she uses it, it's the only one she wields; otherwise, she uses all of her swords at once (Homura to people dual wielding: "Get on my level, scrubs!"), but functionally, it's more similar to a character using claws.

If we were at C+ support or less, I'd stab you in the back and never look back, for being so base as to pollute the earth with your mere presence. 

Fortunately, we're at B-, so I withdraw my dagger after a fake out thrust passing by your head instead. I won't judge you.

Glad you're enjoying the gameplay, it's nice to have some confirmation that there is something more to it than the surface that makes me eyeroll with unease. Can someone make a patch that replaces everyone with Mr. Game & Watch versions of their actual selves, with the gameplay totally unaffected by the change?

And, I will confess to searching for an image of the lone playable Senran Kagura 2 male once. And by "image" I mean with all his clothes destroyed.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If we were at C+ support or less, I'd stab you in the back and never look back, for being so base as to pollute the earth with your mere presence.

If it's any consolation, I considered doing the same a few times. Stop polluting the Earth with my presence, that is.

Morbid confessions about my own self-worth aside, I will say I am very ambivalent toward fanservice. It tends to not bother me, usually.
Neither in "that" direction nor to the point where it stops me from enjoying a game. I'm weird, I know.

Fortunately, we're at B-, so I withdraw my dagger after a fake out thrust passing by your head instead. I won't judge you.

Yay!
I guess.

Glad you're enjoying the gameplay, it's nice to have some confirmation that there is something more to it than the surface that makes me eyeroll with unease.

It certainly explains how/why Marvelous was so good at the Musou formula when they made Fate Extella.
To the point where they outdid Omega Force at their own game with Fate Extella Link.

Can someone make a patch that replaces everyone with Mr. Game & Watch versions of their actual selves, with the gameplay totally unaffected by the change?

All that's needed is to remove the boob physics and clothes tearing and you're pretty close to having a game you needn't feel guilty about playing.

And, I will confess to searching for an image of the lone playable Senran Kagura 2 male once. And by "image" I mean with all his clothes destroyed.

Your first mistake was looking up images of that game.
I have seen him in the story at one point. He's rather proud of coming in sixth in competitions.

Edited by DragonFlames

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Morbid jokes about my own self-worth aside, I will say I am very ambivalent toward fanservice. It tends to not bother me, usually.
Neither in "that" direction nor to the point where it stops me from enjoying a game. I'm weird, I know.

For me, it's an uneasy eyeroll if it's excessive. I'll bear with it if I have to, but I do like the option of doing without it. My tolerance can be greater or less than this sounds, on the less side, for EOV when I made a second Necromancer insisted on it being female, I used the generic female Celestrian artwork which I recolored to look undead because I couldn't stomach either female Necromancer artwork. But, OG Saga Endless Frontier has many fanservicey battle cut-ins and I quite enjoyed the two games in spite of them. Naturally, I assume there will be some shortage of female armor in video games compared to what males wear, so a mild shortage of female armor I won't bother eyerolling over.

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Your first mistake was looking up images of that game.
I have seen him in the story at one point. He's rather proud of coming in sixth in competitions.

You can't always be certain something is bad unless you've seen images of it. 

Humility is great I suppose. Rather be too harsh on oneself (within the boundaries of reason) than too boastful, so I think. And I'm reminded of an old Earthbound meme, there is a set of five moles you must fight in that game. Each insists they are greatest ...that is between 2nd and 4th! None of the moles wants to be no. 1,  nor dead last, they all dramatically exalt themselves before you fight them as the third strongest mole around.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For me, it's an uneasy eyeroll. I'll bear with it if I have to, but I do like the option of doing without it. My tolerance can be greater or less than this sounds, on the less side, for EOV when I made a second Necromancer insisted on it being female, I used the generic female Celestrian artwork which I recolored to look undead because I couldn't stomach either female Necromancer artwork. But, OG Saga Endless Frontier has many fanservicey battle cut-ins and I quite enjoyed the two games in spite of them.

The female Necromancer artwork just looks odd in general, I find, fanservice or no.
But I do understand where you're coming from in regards to fanservice as a whole.

You can't always be certain something is bad unless you've seen images of it.

Also very true.

Humility is great I suppose. Rather be too harsh on oneself (within the boundaries of reason) than too boastful, so I think.

Agreed.

And I'm reminded of an old Earthbound meme, there is a set of five moles you must fight in that game. Each insists they are greatest ...that is between 2nd and 4th! None of the moles wants to be no. 1,  nor dead last, they all dramatically exalt themselves before you fight them as the third strongest mole around.

This is both adorable and funny. xD

Edited by DragonFlames

53 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I actually went and got Senran Kagura 2 - Deep Crimson on the 3DS.

*Gasp*

DRAGGY, YOU DeGeNeRATe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!ONE!!!!

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I will say I am very ambivalent toward fanservice. It tends to not bother me, usually.

Honestly, me neither. As long as it doesn't become the character, (Read: Camilla) I usually barely notice.

I didn't even notice Nowi's clothing until I heard everyone here complaining about her...

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just now, Benice said:

*Gasp*

DRAGGY, YOU DeGeNeRATe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!ONE!!!!

The amazing OSTs compelled me!

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I didn't even notice Nowi's clothing until I heard everyone here complaining about her...

Same, actually.

13-a4a2079f750a4aef9c18e52398672250326dd

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

How's that shameful? XD

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

I...feel bowed and debased because of this damnable year.

You're not alone there, buddy.
2020 is, as they say, a witch with a b. And a capital one at that.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

How's that shameful? XD

Because I said "yeah, I probably won't be playing this" not too long ago.
But the music was so damn good when I listened to it, I was wondering "what kind of game that is supposedly 100% fanservice has a soundtrack this amazing?" and yeah, here we are now.