Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3rOrgNa.png

I...honestly don't know what to do with her xD

Should i let her be a Noble and ler her use Dragonstones and Levin Sword? DragonStones suck though...

Malig Knight? E Axes ugh

Dark Falcon could work, and i could Arms Scroll to get D Lances / C tomes

hmmmmm

I really am confused what to do with Kana....

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

???????

How are you supposed to approach:

two master ninja

a great knight with a silver lance

two malig knights with nuclear magic

a maid with freeze

and all of them being in range of a hexing rod.

??????????

Conquest vets help

please xD

Goddangit, I really didn’t want to do 27 again...

Don't you have Freeze, rescue, Silence or Entrap? None of them?

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Don't you have Freeze, rescue, Silence or Entrap? None of them?

Freeze

that’s it xD

I used entrap on Ryoma’s map, never got silence, and lord knows whenever I used rescue. Guess I can go look at the staff shop...

what’s the plan with those staves?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Freeze

that’s it xD

I used entrap on Ryoma’s map, never got silence, and lord knows whenever I used rescue. Guess I can go look at the staff shop...

what’s the plan with those staves?

How many uses of Freeze?

If you have 2, you could freeze 2 of the enemies (the strongest of them) at the same time, and try to take out the rest on player phase

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

How many uses of Freeze?

If you have 2, you could freeze 2 of the enemies (the strongest of them) at the same time, and try to take out the rest on player phase

I’ll basically be required to use mounted units for that since they’re mounted and baiting them = dead units but I might be able to make that work.

And I’m gonna look in the staff store as well.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ll basically be required to use mounted units for that since they’re mounted and baiting them = dead units but I might be able to make that work.

Well, you have 2 player phase to take out the whole squad on, should be doable (Hint: Attack stance)

Being in a small Valkyria Chronicles mood again made me turn to fanficting, I haven't done that in a while. Unfortunately, it's went nowhere far except down a "romance" path that was awful, but nonetheless I wanted to write because I was so self-ingratiating.🙁

I did start however with an okay idea before a smutty hijacking, that idea being playing from the perspective of the Empire, with the main heroes being soldiers -mostly handsome youths of course- from across the Empire's expanses. Their shared end goal is social mobility, achieved via selfless military service to an Empire which in doctrine regards each subject regardless of background as of equal worth and worthy of equal reward for equal merit.

I was thinking the southern theatre of EWII, that hasn't been explored yet I think. And if you're going to get direct copying from the IRL World Wars as VC1 did with the invasion of small neutral countries and VC4 with the invading of country right before winter arrives, then how about the push for the oil (now Ragnite) fields? In need of more stuff than this, I was turned to pulling a page from WWI, that being the invitation of Lenin & Bolshevik friends to Russia by the Germans to subvert the war effort. Thriving but exploitive Ragnite industry in the southern reaches of the empire, undefended by large quantities of troops due to the real frontline being elsewhere, sounded feasible.

Then, I hit a conundrum. That being it would be interesting to let a video game set in fictional Europe mimic the real course of history, and to let the Fake Commies win out and conquer the Empire. But, to do that means either the heroes must lose, in which case, what happens to their life advancement? Or the heroes must join the Not-Bolsheviks, which isn't exactly palatable, given the IRL ones embarked on inhuman atrocities the Tsar could never have dreamed of. There is a tough, but entertaining choice here: do the heroes for the sake of their beloved social mobility remain with what they've been placing their hopes and dreams into all this time- the Empire; or do they cast the past aside and take a gamble that the Reds will be able to provide the future they've yearned for? Sounds like the perfect place for a lategame route split -except every game doesn't need a freakin' route split, I want a singular narrative. It would seem unrealistic and too drastic for the entire Empire to crumble I will add, I could let just the southern territories successfully break away under the hammer & sickle. but I run into the issue of setting several of the main characters as coming from the imperial south, what happens to them if their homes break away and they remain loyal to the Empire? I do want a happy ending for the characters, maybe a little bittersweetness, but I like happiness, I want to see their "Imperial Dream" of a better life for them and their families realized. 

Once I hit all these walls, a happier thought dawned on me. Imagining the heroes of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, set into VC4 gameplay. Though here, I bumped into an issue of who to include. Will, Lin (Scout), Isabella (I'd toss her into Grenadier) would be definite. I should probably then include Brenner, because he completes Brenner's Wolves and this would be easy to write up a thin "how they got into VC" story for. However, part of me wanted Tasha and Gage (Sniper), and including them gets messy, because the first four characters should definitely have bonds with each other, and each character in VC can only have three of those. Having Gage and Tasha only being bonded with each other would be weird, they deserve at least one other person, and everyone in VC4 itself is taken more or less. Nonetheless, I did have fun writing up some Potential sets for them, trying to get a little creative to incorporate their two CO bonuses from DoR.

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I...honestly don't know what to do with her xD

I think it's just in Kana's nature to be lackluster, I never thought they were a particularly good child unit. But... I'd say Dark Falcon if you don't mind using a precious Ebon Wing, double down on all her strengths. The Arms Scroll BTW would give you B Tomes, because they boost all of the current class's weapon ranks, also true in Awakening, but not any game before that. Even if she fails to kill, Draconic Hex is good, or so I think at least. But, don't take my opinion too seriously, for I've seriously used Fates's Dragonstones, they're an underpowered shield to the so-so sword of the Yato, but I liked the idea and it was easy.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think it's just in Kana's nature to be lackluster

My once Elise!Kana was unironically my MVP on my hard no reset run a couple years ago xD

With Leo's blade she kicked so much ass haha.

And then died in the final battle F

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Arms Scroll BTW would give you B Tomes

...I tested it and it only gave her C Tomes.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd say Dark Falcon if you don't mind using a precious Ebon Wing

Not like i have anyone else to use it on anyway xD

If only I could get a Bolt Naginata on Nohr though....

I used dragon stones a lot in the early game.

28 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, you have 2 player phase to take out the whole squad on, should be doable (Hint: Attack stance)

Why does the hint just say instant suicide?

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

YoW65VA.png

50 Atk...

freaking tempting xD

Corrin S supported Nyx?

I’m not gonna comment.... 😛

jkjk, I know we like them magic Kanas

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...I tested it and it only gave her C Tomes.

My mistake, I misread the Dragonstone rank as the Tomes rank.🙁

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

My once Elise!Kana was unironically my MVP on my hard no reset run a couple years ago xD

With Leo's blade she kicked so much ass haha.

And then died in the final battle F

But Leo's Blade decreases Mag & Skl by 2 with each use, she couldn't have been stickin' it in too many fundoshis at once.🙂

But Leo's Blade decreases Mag & Skl by 2 with each use, she couldn't have been stickin' it in too many fundoshis at once.🙂

That's where Tomes picked up. If Tomes couldn't kill, Leo's Blade did the job xD

My mistake, I misread the Dragonstone rank as the Tomes rank.🙁

npnp!

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

xD

She has tome rank and sword rank, dark knight passed down from Ophelia..?

0OZGjmv.png

not a big fan

ATM i am thinking of leaving her on Noble and give her Magic Taker so she can get her lost Magic back from killing with Dragon+ xD

Edited by Shrimperor

I looked at Hinoka’s supports with her retainers because I had no idea why someone would pick AZAMA AND SETSUNA as their retainers... Hinoka implies she picked Azama on the spot because she assumed he was a good person (lol) when he found her dying and saved her life so he might make a good retainer, and Setsuna’s support doesn’t mention anything about it....