• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Lately I've found myself focused on only a select choice of my fanfics. Writing only for them but not the rest. Hah! I wanted to rectify that today... ended up not writing at all.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO!!! FINAL TRIALS OF THE TRIAL OF THE SWORD ON MASTER MODE, DONE AND DUSTED! Oh man, that was so much fun...I think it took 80 years off my life, but it was good...

I find it hilarious that this is how it went for the trials:

• Final trials: Two attempts
  • Middle trials: One (real) attempt, it was actually three but one was men't serious and the other was when I went through a wall for funsies.
  • Beginner trials: 20+ Attempts. Easily the hardest, and it wasn't even fun. The final trials were really, really tough and rewarding to complete, but the beginning trials were just so bad;; you had to use only terrible weapons or you'd get softlocked by enemies who'd break all your weapons then regen all their health
Edited by Benice

Sadly, it is quite late over here, so I'll retire for the night already. Others will likely comment first, but I'll weight in what I can by morning. So...

Good night!

Rune Factory 4 Special Part 1

Spoiler

Game starts on an airship. Some captain and an avatar (gender can be chosen) are on some journey.

hWaFBNJ.jpgesp0zli.png?1

Though they're the only ones...

Two bandits smuggled in by hiding in a barrel. They threaten the avatar with a weapon and forced her to give the "thing" to them. It's not said what it is yet. Anyways she can counter since she learned swordsplay. It took me two restarts to get how to use the weapon. It seems to be the games just an displayed tutorial which must be memorized like in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I haven't checked out if the player has access to the tutorial afterwards. If not, it would suck, at least for someone like me, who's not familar with this series. Anyways the avatar couldn't defend herself and was captured after all. They forced her to talk, but I couldn't talk, not because she didn't want, but because she couldn't. Amnesia in RPGs is almost as popular as Nutella on my bread. One of the two bandits took each word of his mate too seriously. He pushed her out of the ship and she had a bungee jump without rope. She seemed not to dislike it since she didn't make any sound. She fell down on a dragon (hard landing).

sCjNNfA.jpg

Her butler is very overprotective to the avatar and gives her a male name for some reason.

Wonder if the name is changed, if I play with a male character.

Anyways both treat as her princess for some reason, probably because of her noble look.

The butler (forgot his name) explains how to save and resting. As in other RPGs resting restores HP.

She's treated like a princess by having a butler who's caring for her:

8kuaMw0.jpg

She's a mix of Felicia and Haar from Fire Emblem. Latter because she's sleepy.

She introduces the importance of food. Food also recovers HP.

The typical hobby of a princess:

v2XuJBG.jpg

exactly, GARDENING!

FOpGUvg.jpg

This guy, who sounds pretty much like Takumi from Fire Emblem Fates, explains well how to do it: weed weed -> seeding -> watering

Getting food of flowers is just one purpose. Game tells me that monster houses can be build to become friends with monster, but also dungeons can be made with "runes". Haven't quite got how this works.

It’s morning for Draggy, Kasumi, and myself in Europe.

morn!

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

Just now, Wraith said:

Didn’t you have three days for Thanksgiving? Was the holiday really that crazy for you Benice?

I'm Canadian. We had Thanksgiving back in October...