Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Tried to get back into Xenoblade 2, lowered the difficulty to easy, familiarized myself with the gameplay again, walked up to the group I got wrecked by last time aaaaaand...
proceeded to get wrecked again. Five times.
Welp, so much for that then.

That's part of the game, learning your mistakes and attempting it again. 

The endgame gets difficult, for sure. Although I cant say since I dont know your current setup, and such.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, lightcosmo said:

That's part of the game, learning your mistakes and attempting it again. 

The endgame gets difficult, for sure. Although I cant say since I dont know your current setup, and such.

Honestly, I lack the patience for it. If I liked the game more, I would've tried more times, but as is, I think five tries is enough.
I'm just filing this away under the "not for me" category and apologize to fans of it.

@DragonFlames 

If you're really struggling, I can reccomend pouch items and specific aux cores to activate 

Spoiler

Pnuema to obliterate the enemies. With the right pouch items and aux cores, max affinity comes very quick depending on your level of trust (which at that point should be B or higher with Pyra/Mythra.

Edit: crap, you were to fast to respond.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

@DragonFlames 

If you're really struggling, I can reccomend pouch items and specific aux cores to activate 

Reveal hidden contents

Pnuema to obliterate the enemies. With the right pouch items and aux cores, max affinity comes very quick depending on your level of trust (which at that point should be B or higher with Pyra/Mythra.

Edit: crap, you were to fast to respond.

Appreciate the attempt to help, though. Thanks. ^^

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Unbenannt.PNG

Facts

Reminds me, unfortunately, of one aspect of Devil Survivor's demon-summoning program. To fully digitize age-old rituals and arrange it so that anyone at anytime can impersonally fuse or summon monsters, they needed a wellspring of strong emotions to constantly tap into. The chosen gold mine of expressions of human thoughts and personality was the Internet.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Appreciate the attempt to help, though. Thanks. ^^

Yeah, I'm sorry that you are having such troubles. Also sorry that I cant help more but I dont know the specifics of what you have and I dont expect you to grind it all out, sooooo.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, I'm sorry that you are having such troubles. Also sorry that I cant help more but I dont know the specifics of what you have and I dont expect you to grind it all out, sooooo.

It's okay. You don't need to apologize.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

PNXrylgp_o.pngc52uBvmV_o.png

R O Y ' S  O U R  B O Y

No he isn't! The DNA test results were inconclusive!

The fan hack gave a Wyvern for his promotion? Thats a different choice, not sure how I feel about it. Hartmut did found Bern and Roy is implicitly akin to Hartmut, but Bern = enemy nation, so it doesn't feel entirely right.

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Tried to get back into Xenoblade 2, lowered the difficulty to easy, familiarized myself with the gameplay again, walked up to the group I got wrecked by last time aaaaaand...
proceeded to get wrecked again. Five times.
Welp, so much for that then.

Can you take a screenshot of what you're trying to get past (and spoiler tag it obviously) and show me? Might be able to help you chart a course.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

No he isn't! The DNA test results were inconclusive!

The fan hack gave a Wyvern for his promotion? Thats a different choice, not sure how I feel about it. Hartmut did found Bern and Roy is implicitly akin to Hartmut, but Bern = enemy nation, so it doesn't feel entirely right.

There's an alternate patch where each of the promotions are switched. The main hack gives him Eliwood's Knight Lord class and everyone else is kept the same.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can you take a screenshot of what you're trying to get past (and spoiler tag it obviously) and show me? Might be able to help you chart a course.

And remembering where @DragonFlames roughly left off, he should probably throw it in Spoilers because of the visuals. -If he chooses to do this (I understand where he's coming from on just keeping it dropped, given that happened to me with FFXII).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Appreciate the thought, but... I... already made room, so to speak.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

You deleted it? Oh well, thats fine. If you have any desire to see what remained of the story you didn't finish, I'll see if I can find a no-commentary LP, if you want it.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You deleted it? Oh well, thats fine. If you have any desire to see what remained of the story you didn't finish, I'll see if I can find a no-commentary LP, if you want it.

I admit, it was a bit of a kneejerk reaction on my part (it's really not my day today... like, at all).
I honestly think I'm good, but thanks! I feel like I'm better off not knowing what I missed out on.
Might only make it worse if it was great.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah. In that case, if you want, you can watch the remainder of the story here since you did say you liked it and the characters.

Cutscene 145 should be the one you were coming up on.

Edit: oh nvm.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

take care of yourself, man!

Thanks!

Just now, Armagon said:

Ah. In that case, if you want, you can watch the remainder of the story here since you did say you liked it and the characters.

Cutscene 145 should be the one you were coming up on.

Thank you, but like I said... I'd rather not see what I missed out on.
Might only make it even more frustrating that I didn't get that far.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Thank you, but like I said... I'd rather not see what I missed out on.
Might only make it even more frustrating that I didn't get that far.

Yeah, I didn't see your post until after I posted mine. My bad.

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I admit, it was a bit of a kneejerk reaction on my part (it's really not my day today... like, at all).
I honestly think I'm good, but thanks! I feel like I'm better off not knowing what I missed out on.
Might only make it worse if it was great.

Sometimes that happens, both things in your first statement that is. 🙂

Personally, I think I'd prefer having a resolution to my investment, I looked up the end stuff of FFXII when I decided I wouldn't finish it, and Final Fantasy Tactics too. In both cases, particularly the latter, I wasn't angry, just... disappointed.😐

-So maybe you're right that it's not a good thing to have narrative resolution, for the opposite reason of yours.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

kofDOha.png

493648303947251713.png?v=1

IIRC, the winds operate on a single fixed pattern. You may be able to find it online.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer