• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Something that confuses me in Xenosagas story, Cherenkov undergoes personality modification. But why? Why does he just murder so many people? 

He was literally created to be a soldier, wasn't he? Getting rid of his violent impulses would be difficult even without his PTSD.

Speaking of Cherenkov, it's a bit odd that he never comes up again after Episode I, considering how interconnected everything else is in Xenosaga. The anime even replaced him with Virgil as the party's tag-along.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait what? People choose the room with nuclear mages and maids with freeze over that one??

Tome breaker being easy to get thanks to it being the level 15 skill on the maid/butler class helps in that decision a fair bit. Plus 5 range attacks are scary to deal with...

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

>invasion 3

These enemies.... what

Invasion 3 is scary on Conquest...

...you know, this is something that can be applied to the first game as well, but accessing your headquarters in Valkyria Chronicles 4 quickly becomes really jarring to a degree that honestly kinda ruins my suspension of belief a tad.

In Ch.6, your headquarters gets razed to the ground but immediately after the chapter, you can go to the headquarters and it's like nothing happened.

And then, in Ch.7-2, this bit's a spoiler

Spoiler

Minerva is one of the few survivors of Squad F and she gets pissed at Squad E for arriving late (they raided an Imperial supply base on the way) and she blames them for their deaths but immediately after the chapter is done, you can go into headquarters for training and Minerva is like "hey Claude, what's up".

I get that they can't take away vital mechanics but like, you see the point I'm trying to make here right? And again, VC1 also has this problem but it's like, not really a thing until near the end of the game.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

...you know, this is something that can be applied to the first game as well, but accessing your headquarters in Valkyria Chronicles 4 quickly becomes really jarring to a degree that honestly kinda ruins my suspension of belief a tad.

In Ch.6, your headquarters gets razed to the ground but immediately after the chapter, you can go to the headquarters and it's like nothing happened.

And then, in Ch.7-2, this bit's a spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Minerva is one of the few survivors of Squad F and she gets pissed at Squad E for arriving late (they raided an Imperial supply base on the way) and she blames them for their deaths but immediately after the chapter is done, you can go into headquarters for training and Minerva is like "hey Claude, what's up".

I get that they can't take away vital mechanics but like, you see the point I'm trying to make here right? And again, VC1 also has this problem but it's like, not really a thing until near the end of the game.

Iirc my head canon was either temporary camp or all the stuff you do there you did before the invasion xD

Because honestly, the mechanic is very vital to the gameplay, you can't just remove it

So I’ve been replaying Persona 5 Royal and you really begin to notice how many plot points in this story happen out of pure coincidence. Just goes to show that plot contrivance really doesn’t matter

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Because honestly, the mechanic is very vital to the gameplay, you can't just remove it

Yeah I know and stuff like this usually just exists in that weird twilight zone of continuity (skip travel in any game that allows it is a prime example of this). Hell, for the Squad Stories, I just treat them like the Intermissions.

And yet, when it comes to what I described in the previous post, it's jarring enough to where it bothers me.

I can't really think of a replacement either because headquarters is so vital but like, you get what I'm saying here.

11 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

So I’ve been replaying Persona 5 Royal and you really begin to notice how many plot points in this story happen out of pure coincidence. Just goes to show that plot contrivance really doesn’t matter

We are not doing this again.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

We are not doing this again.

Hey I’m just saying that persona 5’s story is amazing regardless of how many coincidences make up it’s plot

SRPG Studio is on sale again.

Good timing since my laptop was burnt to ashes yesterday...

I really hope I'll find a new one on Cyber Monday.

At least my nose is cleared now, health is the most important anyways.

Nice, have fun!

Make Jokumi, please!

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Was invasion 3 designed to be playable or like— what??

Honestly, i don't think so xD

The Invasions are very annoying in general.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't really think of a replacement either because headquarters is so vital but like, you get what I'm saying here.

yeah i do, and i see that problem in many games. What i do is just try to headcanon myself something so that it makes sense. 

Better than Fates base in Deeprealms anyway xD

4 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Nice, have fun!

Make Jokumi, please!

My heart belongs to Haru plain and simple. I am sorry  yoshizawa but I am taken. 

Spoiler

Sumire is a very close second though. I like her a lot. What is it with me and redheads in anime?! Like jesus there’s Severa, Stella Vermillion, Kasane Teto, Sumire, etc. I dunno what it is about reheads that I like so much.

Edited by Ottservia

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

My heart belongs to Haru plain and simple. I am sorry  yoshizawa but I am taken. 

Reveal hidden contents

Sumire is a very close second though. I like her a lot. What is it with me and redheads in anime?! Like jesus there’s Severa, Stella Vermillion, Kasane Teto, Sumire, etc. I dunno what it is about reheads that I like so much.

I had Haru in Persona 5 and Sumirein Royal, but yeah they're my favorite girls alongside Futaba.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

None. I never finished even one of them.

I’ve only done it out of obligation.

The variety in designs of my castle makes the enemy placement extremely boring every time, but because this is Conquest, promoted units with lunge or nuclear magic or five range are all stacked right next to each other and I honestly think it’s not possible without quite a bit of preparation.