Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

Speaking of, how do you get Hunter's Volley? Cyril's been fantastic because of Point-Blank volley, (My second or third most potent unit behind Lysithea, who quite literally OHKO's everything, and Byleth, who can use the Hero's relics to annihilate everything) so having a longer-ranged version of it would be nice.

Mastering the sniper class (and staying in it). It’s why some people use Shamir, since she starts in the class and can be recruited at most at Byleth level 15, with that level decreasing with support.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Mastering the sniper class (and staying in it).

Oh, bollocks. That sucks. I doubt that I'll have time to get him to master Sniper.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh, bollocks. That sucks. I doubt that I'll have time to get him to master Sniper.

He doesn’t really need it. Time to forge brave bows!

I've begun Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin. The game is looking good, but I haven't played very far yet. A year ingame is 12 days, and I've only gone up to Summer 3. The gameplay is a little slow and while combat is being adequately explained, the rice farming is nearly tutorial-free, not good. Theres not a strong sense of direction either. I'm patient however, and I did read that things take some time to get off the ground.

I wouldn't call the game as openly vibrant as Okami with happy and charming feudal Nippon goodness (as opposed to a more serious and realistic Sekiro or Samurai Warriors portrayal), but it does fall into the same niche.

I'm not expecting a great story, but I'm curious about how things will pan out for the five humans residing with Sakuna on the Isle of Demons. This game is half-farming simulator, and all of those have like what, 20 NPCs? Usually a good deal is spent on marriage candidates, which the young Sakuna thankfully isn't involved in, but even after subtracting marriage candidates, you're usually left with more than 5 NPCs. All Sakuna has with her is young boy, a young girl, a baby boy who doesn't speak actual language, a totally inept samurai man, and a God-fearing European lady who was apparently threatened with enslavement. It's peculiar, but I can see potential in such a setup. How much, if at all, the game uses its farming sim half to tell a good tale quite different from I'd expect from the genre, is what I'm looking out for.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Dunno about RD but i'd say skills didn't regain that Judgral glory until Awakening.

I wouldn't deny skills got better with Awakening, the unbroken continual movement since Awakening away from chance-based skills to a variety of certain-to-activate passives and commands (including Combat Arts), is definitely an improvement. Since, chance-based skills are notoriously quaint to put it nicely. Luna lets me ignore half the enemy's Def, thats cool, but I can't rely on it to activate when I "need" it, and given permadeath, not activating when I need it can mean I need to reset the map.

Nonetheless, Tellius is a link in a chain, not the most important link by any means, but after the regression of Elibe to no skills, and Magvel's very limited and mostly forgettable skills barring the Bishop's Slayer, Tellius's mostly unreliable bunch of skills is at least a proliferation of them. Archanea remakes repressed skills again, perhaps further limiting Tellius's importance in this chain, or maybe it was one more thing that helped nudge Awakening into the reintroduction after the second repression.

I'd say, I was surprised to know Sakuna was made by the same people who did Fairy Bloom Freesia. Since I have the latter game, but didn't really looked up about the company behind it. Specially since... well, that would be telling.

So I'm playing Tales of Vesperia and doing Colisseum matches for fun, and god not having Yuri in the party blows.

Also not having Estelle in the party also blows. Trying to see what party combinations I can win with, and Yuri generally needs to be a part of the party to have a realistic chance.

38 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So I'm playing Tales of Vesperia and doing Colisseum matches for fun, and god not having Yuri in the party blows.

Other than Flynn, I felt there was something wrong with the non-Yuri characters when it came to physical attacks. Yuri and Flynn have a natural, flowing combo to their normal attacks even when you aren't using Artes. I tried controlling Repede, Judith, Patty, and Karol, all characters who should be up close and personal a lot, and none of them felt any good when left to their basic hits. They need to use Artes to feel fun, except TP is limited and throwing an Arte or two into every sequence will sooner drain all your TP, not good when I'd want to save my 15 Orange, Melange, and Pineapple Gels for keeping Estelle and Raven from running out of heals. Although I wasn't quite enthralled with the combat the way some fans are, Graces's choice to abolish TP altogether wasn't without merit.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Other than Flynn, I felt there was something wrong with the non-Yuri characters when it came to physical attacks. Yuri and Flynn have a natural, flowing combo to their normal attacks even when you aren't using Artes. I tried controlling Repede, Judith, Patty, and Karol, all characters who should be up close and personal a lot, and none of them felt any good when left to their basic hits. They need to use Artes to feel fun, except TP is limited and throwing an Arte or two into every sequence will sooner drain all your TP, not good when I'd want to save my 15 Orange, Melange, and Pineapple Gels for keeping Estelle and Raven from running out of heals. Although I wasn't quite enthralled with the combat the way some fans are, Graces's choice to abolish TP altogether wasn't without merit.

Yuri's broken for alot of reasons.

Other than the crazy damage output (a very high number if you know what to do) 

But yeah, Flynn is alright, hes no Yuri, though.

I decided to hop back into Smash Ultimate for some online matches with friends. Man, my Marcina was rusty. I need to work on that a bit. It's only casual play with friends, but I'd still like to get better.

Anyway, some more beautiful Falcom music.

40 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I decided to hop back into Smash Ultimate for some online matches with friends. Man, my Marcina was rusty. I need to work on that a bit. It's only casual play with friends, but I'd still like to get better.

Hey, that's what I was up to! Great minds, y'know.

Other than I solely play Lucina, and not Marth.

Edited by lightcosmo

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Also, I was avoiding saying it because I don't have much to really give to you @lightcosmo and @Jules Necrofantasia, but I hope to fuck the future's bright as it can be after everything else now.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

And also @lightcosmo and @Jules Necrofantasia, I'm sorry about your holidays being sad. Sure as heck hope that next one's much better!

Thanks!

Christmas day won't really change in the future for me unless I will make family planing.

Though honestly it's not too bad.

Seeing people having fun at this time is quite nice to read at least.

This summarizes christmas and honestly the entire year for me:

bittersweet

Well, finally resumed my CK2 playthrough... played only a few months, enough to reach 1310AD. Just a century and a half left. New ruler, time to "liberate" more of the Byzantine Empire.

Also, I noticed there's pretty much a small kingdom ruled by a Nestorian sandwiched between Jerusalem and the Mongol Empire, over in Irak. It's amazing it hasn't been gobbled up by either of them. Last non-Catholic Christian ruler left on the map apparently...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Hello, everyone.
Christmas was... certainly uneventful, wasn't it?
Yeah... Nothing at all happened. Basically days like any other. I actually didn't mind that too much.

Played some more Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, trying to gain some Strategist-related Way of Life things and this happened:
GBqdS0M.jpgOJraUZJ.jpge58lpXJ.jpgdh3wcjL.jpg

Diplomacy! xD

The weird thing is, being evil as hell makes most of the RNG related stuff you need to get past to get the Strategist titles one hell of a lot easier (you get one option in negotiations that guarantees a 100% chance if you're all the way evil).

And yes, this character is Sima Shi, but female. This was the result of me meme'ing and doing a playthrough where Sima Shi got married to Wang Yuanji.

Qh3OcDS.png

Caption this

xDDDDDDDD

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

being evil as hell makes most of the RNG related stuff you need to get past to get the Strategist titles one hell of a lot easier (you get one option in negotiations that guarantees a 100% chance if you're all the way evil).

just more proof that Rng is evil

I never expected to say that, but Shin Megami Tensei IV was a cakewalk compared Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Yes, Minotaur was an absolute pain in the ass and forced me to die to unlock a lower difficulty, but everything past was absolutely managable even on normal difficulty. In Tokyo Mirage Session I can't even beat bosses on lowest difficulty (the one which can be unlocked after a party wipe out). One session by an enemy is an instant KO for any party member-. It's absolutely ridiculous, especially for a game which might have introduced lots of new players who just played the game for the Fire Emblem characters and weren't familar with the Shin Megami Tensei series at all.

23 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

For someone I've been totally obsessed by this theme I posted earlier today - so damn good somehow. And this comes by someone who never has listened to this kind of music before. General TMS features tons of good singers, still I think Kiria is my favorite one.

If it is who I remember it being, her voice actress is also the one who sang this:

Which is, in my opinion, one of the best songs in video games just in general