• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

mostly thanks to the fact that he has more screentime than any three Gharnefs combined.

Spoiler

Not only that, but the little insights from the other faction helped quite a bit in not making the fight completely black vs. White, as the cult was being pushed around by other nation's faction as well, and even more details around the world building.

Stuff FE usually lacks. Might be minor details, but makes the cult stuff much more acceptable

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right! Map's effectively over. Hinoka and her bodyguard are both dead. Now I'll just take a moment to murder that shitstain Azama (I'm still bitter over the hexing incident in Ninja Luigi's join map), and then I'll seize.

I liked the gimmick, the aesthetics and the difficulty was on point. Overall, much better than the last map. I'm relieved.

Ayy nice!

Next map is... something

Especially with your CornCob you might end up hating it. Pro tip: get hp&def tonics for corncob, and alot of potions. Also you might need entrap.

Edited by Shrimperor

Probably doesn't exactly help that the game heavily guides you towards the Zora territory first. And I'd say Vah Ruta is easily the best.

It has a much nicer sense of progression. You work your way gradually upwards, but you also get to remote control the proboscis of the titan early on for puzzles, then later use it as a bridge carrying you all the way to the top. It's a pretty amazing feeling.
In the other titans, it's more about running back and forth all over the place. Progress doesn't feel quite as substantial. Just making marks on your checklist, basically.

Vah Ruta also feels like the most haunted place. The musical score starts relatively tranquil, but after you get the map it shifts dramatically in tone. And with every monitor you activate it becomes more menacing. Like there is a beast in the shadows slowly lurking in on you.
It's basically the opposite of what the musical score in the other titans does. It starts out menacing, but gradually becomes more triumphant and heroic. As if at that point you are just going through the motions.

So after Vah Ruta, it's unfortunately all downhill with the titans.

Edited by BrightBow

This sounds like a classic Falcon boss theme.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I do prefer the Divine Beasts' theming to the randomly-themed elemental temples of other games though. Fire, forest, water, etc. just for the sake of it compared to the thematically appropriate DBs.

Eh, I wouldn't say dungeons in other games are randomly-themed. Though I guess some games have less connecting threads between their dungeons than in other games. Like, Majora's Mask has each dungeon tied to each region's guardian Giant but the dungeons in Link's Awakening are just dungeons you go to.

I don't really think about this too much.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

So after Vah Ruta, it's unfortunately all downhill. Well, besides Hyrule Castle itself, which is amazing.

You could always save Vah Ruta for last but I agree that the game pushes you towards it first on sheer fact that it's basically across the street from Kakariko Village.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Hide contents

Not only that, but the little insights from the other faction helped quite a bit in not making the fight completely black vs. White, as the cult was being pushed around by other nation's faction as well, and even more details around the world building.

Stuff FE usually lacks. Might be minor details, but makes the cult stuff much more acceptable

Yeah. The Cult of Gerxel from TRS is better, but the Church of Raze is still solid, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ayy nice!

Next map is... something

Especially with CornCob you might end up hating it. Pro tip: get hp&def tonics for corncob, and alot of potions. Also you might need entrap

I'll take a sneak peek at the map after I'm through the text for this one.

Speaking of the text, once again everyone is alive. Sheesh, game. Way to be mean to Oboro and Hinata. I think they're the only named enemies who have died in the entire game so far, alongside Kaden, Kotaro and that one guy from the earlygame... Omozu, was his name?

Hahahahahahahahahahah... Ahahahahahah! Hahahahaah!

Wow, Kabbãge is a fucking dickhead. Did you really have to pretend you were going to kill her, only to miss the strike and then tell her to run? Why not just start there!? Jeez!

I'm disappointed in my Fates ROM. All these Camilla close-ups, and not a single glitch in sight. Urgh...

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You could always save Vah Ruta for last but I agree that the game pushes you towards it first on sheer fact that it's basically across the street from Kakariko Village.

Also there are like a dozen or so NPCs around the area that direct you into the Zora territory to meet Prince Sidon. Nothing like that for any of the other areas. They just patiently wait for you.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow, Kabbãge is a fucking dickhead. Did you really have to pretend you were going to kill her, only to miss the strike and then tell her to run? Why not just start there!? Jeez!

You'd think Corrin would just be a piece of shit mostly because of meta reasons. The war has to happen or else there would be no game. And because IS staff wants to fondle Corrin's siblings and subordinates, My Room has to exist. Otherwise he is a perfectly bland, inoffensive goody-two-shoes.
But nope, he acts like an ass even outside of those contexts.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Speaking of the text, once again everyone is alive. Sheesh, game. Way to be mean to Oboro and Hinata. I think they're the only named enemies who have died in the entire game so far, alongside Kaden, Kotaro and that one guy from the earlygame... Omozu, was his name?

It's like that in Birthright too. Well I mean, Corrin kills more random bosses but he spares his Nohrian family and their retainers except for Xander, Laslow and Peri (and you don't even have to kill the latter two to beat that chapter).

Edited by Armagon

All right, let's take a quick look at the next map before I go have a snack.

Kabbãge is separated from army.

Oh, no...

Kabbãge is alone.

Oh, no!

Ryoma is there.

OH, NO!

Ryoma one-rounds Kabbãge.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--

....Okay, wait, something weird's going on. I skipped the story to check out the map, so I guess it's explained there, but... Why does Ryoma do single-digit damage to Kabbãge? I mean, it's still terrible, she deals exactly 1 damage in return, and if he gets a crit or Astra it's over, but... His attack is through the roof! He should obliterate her! Holding back much? Well, clearly not enough!

Sigh... Well, I do have one advantage. She has 9 move, he has 6. This means that if I play my cards right, I should be able to run laps around him until... I don't know, how do I win this map without killing Ryoma?

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

You'd think Corrin would just be a piece of shit mostly because of meta reasons. The war has to happen or else there would be no game. And because IS staff wants to fondle Corrin's siblings and subordinates, My Room has to exist. Otherwise he is a perfectly bland, inoffensive goody-two-shoes.
But nope, he acts like an ass even outside of those contexts.

It's kind of admirable. Everything in this story is wrong. It takes some real talent to write something so amazingly bad.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I thought Orochi, Reina, and Crimson also die... back in Cheve, was it? At least, their defeat quotes seemed to point that way.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I thought Orochi, Reina, and Crimson also die... back in Cheve, was it? At least, their defeat quotes seemed to point that way.

Oh right, the Cheve squad. Yeah, even if they survive the map itself, it is very clearly stated that any survivors get eviscerated by Hans afterwards.

Still too low a number.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kabbãge is separated from army.

Oh, no...

Kabbãge is alone.

Oh, no!

Ryoma is there.

OH, NO!

Ryoma one-rounds Kabbãge.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--

Yeah that's why your weak corncob might be trouble

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, wait, something weird's going on. I skipped the story to check out the map, so I guess it's explained there, but... Why does Ryoma do single-digit damage to Kabbãge? I mean, it's still terrible, she deals exactly 1 damage in return, and if he gets a crit or Astra it's over, but... His attack is through the roof! He should obliterate her! Holding back much? Well, clearly not enough!

Tiles in that room reduce damage by 75%

But Ryoma still has Astra and crit (and Rend heaven, or is that lunatic only? Although with your corncob that doesn't matter much)

Also Lobster lord will only start attacking after 25 turns (20 on Lunatic)

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sigh... Well, I do have one advantage. She has 9 move, he has 6. This means that if I play my cards right, I should be able to run laps around him until... I don't know, how do I win this map without killing Ryoma?

"Ryoma will wait patiently for his revenge for 25 turns", I think is how it went.
If memory serves, you have to kill Ninja Mario and Ninja Daisy to open the door and get your salad to safety.
And the floor tiles kill off all attack power. If your cabbage was tough enough, she could kill the lobster before the turn limit, but you'll have to do it the hard way, probably.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also Lobster lord will only start attacking after 25 turns

Ahhh, so that's where the meme came from.

...No, but seriously, there's another way, right? I refuse to believe Conquest is so badly designed that a bad Corn leads to softlock. That's Three Houses Maddening levels of horrible game design. I refuse to believe it.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If memory serves, you have to kill Ninja Mario and Ninja Daisy to open the door and get your salad to safety.
And the floor tiles kill off all attack power. If your cabbage was tough enough, she could kill the lobster before the turn limit, but you'll have to do it the hard way, probably.

Ahh, I see. Good, Conquest does not disappoint.

"Get your salad to safety" hahahahahahahahahaha... Marvelous.

Well, as OP as he is, it's still 6 move against 9, and as we all know move is the best stat. Surely even if I take 25 turns, I should be able to have her stay out of his range with her horse until reinforcements arrive.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

"Get your salad to safety" hahahahahahahahahaha... Marvelous.

XD
I aim to please! ^^

Well, as OP as he is, it's still 6 move against 9, and as we all know move is the best stat. Surely even if I take 25 turns, I should be able to have her stay out of his range with her horse until reinforcements arrive.

I don't even think he moves for that 25 turn period. But it's been a long while since I last played it, so my memory could be off

Surely even if I take 25 turns, I should be able to have her stay out of his range with her horse until reinforcements arrive.

Imagine if Fates used Berwick's whole "1 turn equals 30 minutes thing."

"Prince Ryoma will wait for his revenge, but only for 12.5 hours. After that, he will take his revenge"

Map: begins

Ryoma and Corrin: stares at each other 

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...No, but seriously, there's another way, right? I

You have 25 turns to unlock the room and get to Ryoma before he starts attacking

You can extend that by tonics and potions. So more like 40 turns time, which should be enough.

Even with my usually strong corrin i try to do the map normally to get the chests because silence and 10k gold are super important.

Game isn't really deaigned with bad corncob in mind, as CornCob is normally one of your strongest units

Edited by Shrimperor