Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me: *in the middle of Atelier Ryza 2 and Luigi's Mansion 3*

Also me: "hmmm, today I will start a new playthrough of Xenoblade X".

Hahahahah... This has happened to me more times than I care to admit. Not with Xenoblade, of course, but you get what I'm saying.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahah... This has happened to me more times than I care to admit. Not with Xenoblade, of course, but you get what I'm saying.

Yeah, we all have those moments haha.

As a side note, I can juggle about three games at a time. Or rather, I try to limit myself to three actively playing games at a time. Although since Xenoblade X is a replay, it kinda doesn't count towards this.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me: *in the middle of Atelier Ryza 2 and Luigi's Mansion 3*

Also me: "hmmm, today I will start a new playthrough of Xenoblade X".

Don't do it don't do it don't do it!

Starting video games can be some of the most fun there is. But, I have to resist the temptation, because something feels plain wrong about leaving another game unfinished when I'm halfway into it. And yet, I do it anyhow.😄 Distracted from distraction, by distraction.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

As a side note, I can juggle about three games at a time. Or rather, I try to limit myself to three actively playing games at a time. Although since Xenoblade X is a replay, it kinda doesn't count towards this.

I would like to think I can juggle three at once, but I'm afraid it's no more than two.

And I get what you mean about replays. You're no longer so "invested" in it. You know the world, characters, story, every boss battle already, full immersion was achieved and done. Now, the game can be free to be a game, something you can pick up and drop whenever you seek its fun again. Which is probably why I've played way too much Advance Wars recently, it's so joyfully familiar to me, that I can casually start a battle at any time of day, whereas for other games that I'm on the first play of, I need to prepare my mind and the right circumstances.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can juggle three when I'm on holidays or breaks of whatever kind. When I'm busy I try to limit myself to two, because otherwise I cannot spend as much time on each game as I'd like. Oh, and replays definitely count for me. It doesn't become any less of a time investment just because it's not the first run.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

'Aight, so I just picked up the whole Banner Saga franchise for less than 20 bucks. Thanks, Steam. The sale will last another two days, so tomorrow I'll play a bit and post some first impressions, in case anyone's interested - which isn't too unlikely, given that it's a SRPG... partly so, at least. I haven't really looked up much about it, the gameplay looked appealing enough from a first glance and I mostly heard good things about it, so I'm going in blind. For that price, it wasn't really worth digging much deeper and running into the inevitable spoilers.

Plus, my birthday is in two days. Spare me a compulsive purchase or two, 'kay?

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I get what you mean about replays. You're no longer so "invested" in it. You know the world, characters, story, every boss battle already, full immersion was achieved and done. Now, the game can be free to be a game, something you can pick up and drop whenever you seek its fun again.

Mmhmm. Even when I'm replaying Xenoblade 2 for the nth time, i still don't fully commit to it. I finish it of course but there won't be a time like my first run where it was the only game I played for a long while.

15 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, I'd imagine you can always play a game like Hades no matter what else you are playing at the time.

Hades burned me out, pun intended.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wanna know another good game on steam, that has at least 60 hours of content, limitless opportunities and only costs 19 euros?!

CrossCode?

(It's Yakuza, I know).

I'm really spending 30+ minutes trying to come up with a name, huh?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

YOU HAVE PLAYED INTO MY TRAP! It's Genshin impact if you buy 19 euros worth of in-game currency!

Me and the boys going to debt for playing gacha.

18 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Unfortunately Battle For Wesnoth is not on sale and is still free as always.

Unfortunately? How's that unfortunate?

I mean, I have installed it multiple times and never got really into it, but hey, that's me.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

you guys are the other Hispanic folks in this thread, give me suggestions

Enriqueta.

...okay, no. Uuuuuhhhhh without knowing anything about the character let's go with, uh... Juliana, for example. Alba is also cool. Aitana, Alejandra, Margarita, Noemi, Belen, Carmen, Anais, Irene... Trying to avoid names like Alicia here, because I'm assuming you'd like something that's not two letters off of a common English name. If you want to go for the super ultra Spanish stereotype you can call her Guadalupe.

That's the best I can give you. Naming things isn't really my forte.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I wish promoting Enid wasn't a matter of the whims of the RNG. I mean, it technically isn't due to bracketing. But she is only guaranteed a 2nd magic level at level 16. Getting a horrible combat unit like her up that high at that point in the game is easier said then done, considering she really doesn't want to eat any counters. It would be a commitment that requires way too much attention, I think.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

you guys are the other Hispanic folks in this thread, give me suggestions.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you want to go for the super ultra Spanish stereotype you can call her Guadalupe.

Damn, now I can't recommend Maria. How about Maria Jose?

Admittedly, I'd recommend names that wouldn't be too far off from how they're pronounced/spelled in other languages. Like Sofía, or Karen, or Rosa.

For what is this for, if I may ask? Anyway, I'd say... Juana, or Socorro...

Or Bonifacia Lucrecia Florentina Jimenez Sanchez Garcia Martinez del Sagrado Corazon de Jesus Perez.

Pft, that video cut the part. Edited another which has it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Irene

That's an Hispanic name?

....I mean, now that I think about it, it is, but I've never heard it pronounced in Spanish (unless it's the same pronunciation in English).

1 hour ago, Benice said:

How about Guifre? That's a hispanic name. Well, I guess it's more Catalan, come to think of it.

It's in Spain so it counts.

Hispanic covers all, if you wanna get specific, Spanish/Spaniard for Spain, Latino for Latin American countries and then the actual country if you wanna be really specifc. Like me, I'm Venezuelan.

The only difference between Latino Spanish and Spain Spanish is whether or not the person uses "vos". If you hear "vos" outside of educational purposes, the person is speaking Spain Spanish. If "vos" isn't used, then it's Latino Spanish.

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For what is this for, if I may ask?

Xenoblade X.

You might recall I mentioned a while ago I was gonna be doing a second playthrough with a female avatar this time. Last time I played, my avatar just looked like me and used "Armagon" as the name so that was easy. This time, I want to make an actual character because that's what Xenoblade X fans like to do.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's a guy's name anyways and I forgot about that, so maybe not this one.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This time, I want to make an actual character because that's what Xenoblade X fans like to do.

So Armagonia isn't an option?

Well, it's New El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, so it makes sense...

Smh, cast should've been at least 40% Latino. Then again, considering things...

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hispanic covers all, if you wanna get specific, Spanish/Spaniard for Spain, Latino for Latin American countries and then the actual country if you wanna be really specifc. Like me, I'm Venezuelan.

The only difference between Latino Spanish and Spain Spanish is whether or not the person uses "vos". If you hear "vos" outside of educational purposes, the person is speaking Spain Spanish. If "vos" isn't used, then it's Latino Spanish.

The differences are far more than that, I'd say. No place is really uniform. Lots of dialects around, at either side of the Atlantic.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

So Armagonia isn't an option?

LMAO

If I was going for the genderbent option, I probably would've used that. But nah, the only thing my two avatars in X share in common is that they are both Hispanic (according to me).

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Smh, cast should've been at least 40% Latino. Then again, considering things..

Well in-universe, Planet Mira is named after Mira Torress, who was the head of the Earthlife Colonization Project iirc, so that's neat. We never meet her though because she chose to stay behind on Earth, which is not so neat.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The differences are far more than that, I'd say. No place is really uniform. Lots of dialects around, at either side of the Atlantic.

That is true but dialects are a whole different thing.

I just generalized since "vos" isn't really used in Latin America. My mom says there's a region in Venezuela where people do use "vos" but that's all I know.