Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd advise starting a rebellion against the laziness that is using an algorithm or what have you to grade an essay.

Multiple choice? Yes. Math problem answers, yes. Complicated strings of information that requires the faculties of human rhetorical, emotional, and creative understanding to truly comprehend? Kill the machine tyrant.

Yes, I do quite hate it. I tried to do some research into how it works and how reliable it is and I found one study/professional sounding thing... by the company that made it. 😐

That and a lot of bad parent reviews, like the person that claimed that by just adding a bunch of random big words in at the end of their essay they easily increased their score.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which one?

PS3, The Orange Box.

Never got a single update.

Was my first experience with the game.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Or maybe I'm just a communist. I dunno.

I mean, I'm pretty certain that it doesn't stop Communism or Canade from having dress codes.

Embracing new considerations isn't the worst idea, with a world ever set in stone likely to degrade over time.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

PS3, The Orange Box.

Ohhh right, I'd forgotten. The console version. Also known as "the good ol' days edition." Back when Engineer couldn't carry buildings, Pyro was useless and Medic was boring.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Even with uniforms that will happen. That's isn't a problem with an easy answer like ''Uniforms''

And even if we were naked, it could happen. We aren't born or grow up lookin' all that equal either! 

Humanity will always try to find a way to create distinctions amongst each other, and some humans will latch for reasons benevolent, benign, or bad, to those distinctions.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Today has not been a good day... maybe I should save fe4 for tomorrow.

Good idea. Never good to play when in a bad mood you don't think virtual escapism will be able to alleviate.

Although other times... can someone please shove me off a cliff into entertaining joy right now? I can't seem to take the first step.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Even with uniforms that will happen. That's isn't a problem with an easy answer like ''Uniforms''

It's much more difficult to segregate based on class/income with uniforms, though. In my opinion, groups being formed because of values or friendships are better than ones formed by status or appearance.

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Today has not been a good day... maybe I should save fe4 for tomorrow.

Yeah, probably for the best. Wouldn't want to end up hating it for reasons unrelated to it. It probably won't need the help.

Speaking of Genealogy, I haven't played it today yet. Been distracted with a game called Factorio. It's basically a survival game like Minecraft and all the Minecraft clones, except its whole premise is to give resource collecting the middle finger. You can automate everything, and I mean everything. Collecting, crafting, transport, there's a machine for absolutely everything. Of course, the problem (and the challenge) is that if you don't arrange things in a smart way, it ends up working horrendously.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's much more difficult to segregate based on class/income with uniforms, though. In my opinion, groups being formed because of values or friendships are better than ones formed by status or appearance.

That's a rather nice argument for dress code. Certainly nicer than the usual "can't have grills showing their ankles, it's unholy." I knew you couldn't have such a terrible take, Benice.

Still, I think it's best to let people wear whatever the heck they want.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a rather nice argument for dress code. Certainly nicer than the usual "can't have grills showing their ankles, it's unholy

tbh, if we don't have school unifroms, I don't really care that much about dress codes; the only reason I'd want a uniform is because they are shown to reduce bullying and increase school attendance.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

knew you couldn't have such a terrible take, Benice.

Weeeeeelllll...

I'm sure I will someday.

But thank you, I think?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I had little patience for anything then.

You got to chapter 3, you must have had a lot of patience.

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, probably for the best. Wouldn't want to end up hating it for reasons unrelated to it. It probably won't need the help.

I might actually play it. Maybe I’ll feel better. It’s not like I’m mad or bitter. Distraction might do me some good.

I’m also in the mood for some Sacred Stones...

That's a rather nice argument for dress code. Certainly nicer than the usual "can't have grills showing their ankles, it's unholy." I knew you couldn't have such a terrible take, Benice.

He said it was because he might be a communist, not a conservative.

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

On a political test we took, I did score as communist.

...I dunno if that's a good thing or not.

but yeah, my take is dress codes mostly bad, school unifroms mostly good.

Mostly because dress codes tend to be pretty kringe in how they work.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I might actually play it. Maybe I’ll feel better. It’s not like I’m mad or bitter. Distraction might do me some good.

I’m also in the mood for some Sacred Stones...

How about Stardew Valley? IIRC you liked that one and there was a huge new update recently.

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

but yeah, my take is dress codes mostly bad, school unifroms mostly good.

I was just trying to make fun of American conservatives 😜

I understand your take and I think it makes sense, I just don’t think it would change anything. Then it would move to how your hair is done, how are your shoes, just your facial structure, etc. even though it already is like that.

Can you link the test if it gives you a specific term like that? I only have my political compass lol.

How about Stardew Valley? IIRC you liked that one and there was a huge new update recently.

Good suggestion.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Weeeeeelllll...

I'm sure I will someday.

Well, everyone's got bad takes at one point or another. The important thing is to realize and accept when you're wrong. Which I don't even think you are necessarily, in this case. You just have a respectable, if unpopular, opinion.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hah! True enough, true enough.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

If you intend to ever travel to the US, it'll certainly not be a good thing.

I really need to record more Berwick again. I was at 11-1, still dreading trying to get max tactics and getting those two disguised Scooby Doo assholes to the escape point without any way to hide. 

And upload, too. Should have time to edit the Chapter 7 vids tonight, thankfully.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of Luigi misfiring. Because Smash needed critical hits.

The virgin Luigi Misfire vs the chad Luigi down-taunt.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Or maybe I'm just a communist. I dunno.

Can't believe Benice sides with Edelgard.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

If that were the case, Japan would have zero cases of bullying and segregation based on how strict their uniform codes are.

9 minutes ago, Spara said:

I really need to record more Berwick again. I was at 11-1, still dreading trying to get max tactics and getting those two disguised Scooby Doo assholes to the escape point without any way to hide. 

If all else fails, you can let someone get captured. Surely the ransom shouldn't be that steep.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Luigi's such a weird character in Smash. He has taunt kills, a grab that turns into a projectile and critical hits, all for no reason whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Edelgard being a Communist was a mistranslation.

If only though, right?

mUDsYnn.jpg
Bravely Default is now Fire Emblem.

Speaking of Fire Emblem, I guess it’s fe4 time.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Where was that mistranslation?

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

a grab that turns into a projectile

Wait what?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

No that was something certain members of the community genuinely believed in.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Smash's Luigi portrayal is weird. Why does it try to paint him as so strange?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

From what I've heard secondhand, I thought she was meritocracy?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't care what grills be showing, all I want is their tasty hot and browned beefcakes!