Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Talking about all the music made go and check my list on which games i consider to have the best OST around

wrM2rJy.png

>No Xenoblade

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, okay, hear me out: Thick Irish accent in the Japanese dub. Think about that for a moment.

Oh god, this reminds me of the dub in the original Yakuza 1 (which is meme-tier bad) which tried to emulate an accent from a specific reigion of Japan, but the voice dub is in english so it just sound exceedingly cursed.*

It's kind of a goodthing that they got rid of english dubs until Judgement and LAD, a full 13/15 years later.

*This character was played by Mark Hamill, by the way.

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Okay, okay, hear me out: Thick Irish accent in the Japanese dub. Think about that for a moment.

Thiz person seems either edgy or confident, and I think I'm neither.

Alernatively, this is Samurai Sigurd.

is there a character who just makes puns and tries to be funny?

Though I will say Vestaria's OST shines brightest once you hit the route split. Into Uncharted Territory We Go (C16) is pretty good. Rival Leaders (C17), despite being on a map that has that godawful throne room, is amazing. The Cycle of Time (C18) is incredibly energetic and fun, but also urgent and fits the chapter's mood. The Netherdrake (C19) is a bit of a slow-burn track but because the squad size is small, you likely won't get to hear all of it without waiting. Still pretty decent. And Lightbringer (C20) is another spectacular piece, fitting the mood of the Siege of Angol Bastion perfectly. 

Edited by Spara

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So even though they lasted 10 million years and actively contributed towards your dislike, you still kept them in.

I gotta admit, that's comittment.

I enjoyed them, man. I legit fucking enjoyed them. But by Part 3 it was so horribly tedious that I just couldn't bear it. Part 4... I think I might've turned them off for the desert chapter, but after that Oliver joined and, well... How could I possibly have turned THIS off?

Just now, Armagon said:

>No Xenoblade

I don't even remember liking their final battle themes, that's an insta disqualification from S

And there are some themes here and there i wasn't fond of

Still, i rated their OST both at A iirc, since there are alot of Tracks i quite enjoyed haha

Btw, @Shrimperor, if you'e looking for a game with a good OST, I've recommend my boy Skyward Sword. You might not like it, but IMO the music is perfect there. Even if it's not as constantly vibrant as XB2, it fits so well. The Sand sea in general just hits so hard.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Alernatively, this is Samurai Sigurd.

His Ultimate attack is three attacks at once, does that count as Samurai Sigurd?

xD

Nah, i think you will like him because he like some of the side characters you tend to like xD

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

is there a character who just makes puns and tries to be funny?

Puns, no xD

But Shirou and Rin are quite openly sarcastic towards each other sometimes haha.

Wait, hmm...

Does it count if the character is the butt of many jokes? If so...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

don't even remember liking their final battle themes, that's an insta disqualification from S

You didn't like (redacted) the Divine?

Smh.

But Xenoblade X has the best final boss theme, which you haven't played yet, so I will let this slide.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And there are some themes here and there i wasn't fond of

Yeah but tbh, I don't think I've ever played a game with a perfect soundtrack. Even the ones I really like have like one or two meh songs in them.

That E-Rank luck is legendary.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Btw, @Shrimperor, if you'e looking for a game with a good OST, I've recommend my boy Skyward Sword. You might not like it, but IMO the music is perfect there. Even if it's not as constantly vibrant as XB2, it fits so well. The Sand sea in general just hits so hard.

When my brother gets the remaster (which he most likely will) i will give it a listen then^^

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

This piece is also really intense. Works well for a location that seems inherently hostile to humans.

Ah yes, the place that took my favorite warrior gal and gave her the most disturbing bit of dialogue in the entire game.

...Of course, it was a fake, but it still gave me the chills. Sheesh...

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Why is anime Cu Chulainn the Kenny?

Because Lancers always die. Always.

Cu Chulainn, the first Lancer in the series, dies in all 3 routes.

First route - killed by Gilgamesh

Second route - Betryed by his Master (Which Cu proceeded to kill after)

Third route - killed by Assassin and eaten by the Shadow.

E Rank luck at work lol

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Because Lancers always die. Always.

Cu Chulainn, the first Lancer in the series, dies in all 3 routes.

First route - killed by Gilgamesh

Second route - Betryed by his Master (Which Cu proceeded to kill after)

Third route - killed by Assassin and eaten by the Shadow.

E Rank luck at work lol

Well, they're not human confirmed.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Dude that's literally a South Park reference. Not what I would've expected from an anime clip, much less one with that thumbnail, but I mean, sure.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Dude that's literally a South Park reference. Not what I would've expected from an anime clip, much less one with that thumbnail, but I mean, sure.

Yeah he is Kenny haha.

In almost every anime episode of carnival phantasm (basically Fate/parody) he dies in comedic ways xD

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Patience 100.

Accurate 100.

I dont mind the slow and steady path, y'know!

That's why I can fight in the same battle for a few hours and not get bored or frustrated with the slow pace, haha! 

Maybe I'm not human.

So, Trials of Mana just got brought down to €30 on sale.

Anyone who's played more than the demo to let me know if it's worth that?

Edited by Dayni

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

z05PED2.gif

poor guy

Dunkey when he finds out driving is turn-based.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

So, Trials of Mana just got brought down to €30.

I know @Interdimensional Observer played it, you can ask him.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That guy heh

Hates jrpg yet keeps playing them just to shit on em

His whole justification is "when someone likes something in a thing they usually don't, you'd go 'damn, it must be really good'" and while I understand this sentiment, I don't think it means "go out of your way to experience things you don't like in the hopes of finding that one golden nugget".

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can't please everyone. Therefore, let's please nobody: Add Jar Jar Binks to the DLC pass.

Great idea, but the best one would be to end Smash entirely. That will bring the long-desired tranquility to the cosmos, no longer shall the strife caused by endless zero-sum whining contaminate the universe.

Tabuu did nothing wrong.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah, you have to enter their range.

Actually, Narcus is just barely north of the Condor Squad tripwire I think. Rebecca sends the corpse-eaters out to get you, thats for sure.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Best thing modern FE did is removing Battle/PP/EP music change.

It's only a problem if the music is bad if you ask me.

SRW seems to throw everything into the battle themes, going as far as to give every character or group of characters their own personal battle theme. Thus, the battle music becomes extensions of the characters themselves, reusable in game after game.

Behold:

Reason No. 1 why SRW music should be in Smash. Make it happen King Namco, whom Lord Banpresto is a vassal thereof.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Me, a degenerate who kinda likes in combat themes:

https://media.tenor.com/images/4ad9926aa38a5bb7798cbd9436021f5d/tenor.gif

You're not alone.🙂

44 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So, Trials of Mana just got brought down to €30 on sale.

I was summoned.

Ahem. Allow me to first restate my old review posted here some time ago of the game:

Spoiler

Finished Trials of Mana, in 23 hours including the ending and credits. The game is very straightforward, barely any side content.

*Snips out talk of the final boss*

I've said critical stuff on the plot and characters before that I won't repeat. A promising personal start that fizzles into a generic story, when the personal returns, it isn't by any means amazing. Lack of intra-party interactions [quite detrimental IMO].

On the gameplay, it is decidedly on the simpler side of an Action RPG, not a whole lot of nuances to it, perhaps this, like other faults of the game, is owed to age. The class system runs into an obtusity, though you could get through the game even with that being the case, I just wanted greater clarity for the sake of optimization. In combat, I felt the camera was another fault, I did have the freedom to adjust it to any angle I wanted at any time, but I needed a second right thumb, adjusting the camera to get a better sense of the chaos meant not pressing attack/charge attack/jump/roll. Even so, I had fun with the fighting, a little light-minded fast combat can be fun in moderate doses. I played on Normal the entire time and got a Game Over only once because of Petrification I had not expected.

Music is good though not great and none of it is bad. Graphics are clean and adequately high and bright fantasy.

Do I intend to play through this game again? Yes, because the other three characters I want to play as, and maybe I want to toy with the postgame on finished file. But I'm not going to go for any of it now, my memories need to fade a bit before I go through it all again. If I find something dense to play in a few months, this can serve as a side dish to lighten the meal.

I'm not one to rate things usually, but I'd say that if this game's faults are big for you, I'd say a 6/10 is fair. If the faults are less of a problem, an 8/10 sounds appropriate. Therefore, a 7/10 is a fair average for this. A 7/10 on my scale of game ratings means the following:

• 10/10- A perfected masterpiece. You must play it regardless of your interests. [Well, maybe not, even the best of the best isn't for everyone.]
  • 9/10- Supremely great, alas short of perfect, unless you really don't like the genre, play it.
  • 8/10- Above-average good. If you're into the genre, you must consider it.
  • 7/10- Maybe it's average, but it's a good average. Consider it if you're into the genre.
  • 6/10- A little below average, the flaws are unfortunately too big despite its potential. If you're into the genre, maybe consider it if its select strengths are sufficiently appealing.
  • 5/10 or below- Just don't bother with these, there are too many video games out there to mess with these.

And I'll add I later did a second run, which was fun. I'm actually considering starting a third run of Trials of Mana soon, to see the last of the three distinct final dungeons. Maybe even a fourth run that is all-male because I like gendered runs of games. Being relatively short for an RPG and not overly complicated, I think ToM is suited for replays.

I've never touched the postgame dungeon, nor the NG+ options, which now includes harder difficulties for those who want a challenge.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was summoned.

Ahem. Allow me to first restate my old review posted here some time ago of the game:

Reveal hidden contents

Finished Trials of Mana, in 23 hours including the ending and credits. The game is very straightforward, barely any side content.

*Snips out talk of the final boss*

I've said critical stuff on the plot and characters before that I won't repeat. A promising personal start that fizzles into a generic story, when the personal returns, it isn't by any means amazing. Lack of intra-party interactions [quite detrimental IMO].

On the gameplay, it is decidedly on the simpler side of an Action RPG, not a whole lot of nuances to it, perhaps this, like other faults of the game, is owed to age. The class system runs into an obtusity, though you could get through the game even with that being the case, I just wanted greater clarity for the sake of optimization. In combat, I felt the camera was another fault, I did have the freedom to adjust it to any angle I wanted at any time, but I needed a second right thumb, adjusting the camera to get a better sense of the chaos meant not pressing attack/charge attack/jump/roll. Even so, I had fun with the fighting, a little light-minded fast combat can be fun in moderate doses. I played on Normal the entire time and got a Game Over only once because of Petrification I had not expected.

Music is good though not great and none of it is bad. Graphics are clean and adequately high and bright fantasy.

Do I intend to play through this game again? Yes, because the other three characters I want to play as, and maybe I want to toy with the postgame on finished file. But I'm not going to go for any of it now, my memories need to fade a bit before I go through it all again. If I find something dense to play in a few months, this can serve as a side dish to lighten the meal.

I'm not one to rate things usually, but I'd say that if this game's faults are big for you, I'd say a 6/10 is fair. If the faults are less of a problem, an 8/10 sounds appropriate. Therefore, a 7/10 is a fair average for this. A 7/10 on my scale of game ratings means the following:

• 10/10- A perfected masterpiece. You must play it regardless of your interests. [Well, maybe not, even the best of the best isn't for everyone.]
  • 9/10- Supremely great, alas short of perfect, unless you really don't like the genre, play it.
  • 8/10- Above-average good. If you're into the genre, you must consider it.
  • 7/10- Maybe it's average, but it's a good average. Consider it if you're into the genre.
  • 6/10- A little below average, the flaws are unfortunately too big despite its potential. If you're into the genre, maybe consider it if its select strengths are sufficiently appealing.
  • 5/10 or below- Just don't bother with these, there are too many video games out there to mess with these.

And I'll add I later did a second run, which was fun. I'm actually considering starting a third run of Trials of Mana soon, to see the last of the three distinct final dungeons. Maybe even a fourth run that is all-male because I like gendered runs of games. Being relatively short for an RPG and not overly complicated, I think ToM is suited for replays.

I've never touched the postgame dungeon, nor the NG+ options, which now includes harder difficulties for those who want a challenge.

Oh Tellius Gotoh!

https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/were_not_worthy_waynes_world.gif

All kidding aside, I was worried it might have been jankier than would be liked, partly because of my experience with the first boss, where I am certain I got hit less than I should have.

That being said, €30 might be fine (Though this is an issue of other things also exist to play). I'll think on it then.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SRW seems to throw everything into the battle themes, going as far as to give every character or group of characters their own personal battle theme. Thus, the battle music becomes extensions of the characters themselves, reusable in game after game.

What helps in SRWs case though (or atleast my very limited experience with it) is that the animations are generally much longer than FEs, and some  character themes are really iconic you just love to listen to them