• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Wow, your breezing through maddening mode.

I personally dont find it fun cause it's not "well thought out" per se. Not on Awakening Lunatic + levels of bad, but enemy inflation doesnt make a game difficult in a fun way.

I must say, maddening mode’s leveling is kinda bad. They give you so little exp but the enemies grow normally. Like my highest level primarily offensive unit is at 33, and Edelgard is level 47. The normal enemies in this chapter are 45 or 46.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, your breezing through maddening mode.

I think is where the real challenge will begin. This chapter seems difficult.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I personally dont find it fun cause it's not "well thought out" per se. Not on Awakening Lunatic + levels of bad, but enemy inflation doesnt make a game difficult in a fun way.

If I’m being honest, it didn’t really feel inflated for a big stretch of the game, but now it’s sorta back to that.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

I think Corellia drank from the Fountain of Youth because she looks exactly like she did in Eternal Wings, 20 years later.

What is she the queen of again, Anuenue or Shevat? I think there is an NPC in one of the games that says rumor has it that Corellia uses Celestial Flower Seeds, which she does store in her bedroom, as an anti-aging treatment. It looks like it works.

Oh, and I didn't mention this earlier when I should've, but Almarde...

Spoiler

is implied to be Lyude's genetic mother.

During the unhappy family reunion at the start of EWatLO disc 2, Lyude's (half-)brother says "It must be the stone carver's blood in your veins". This elicits a "...!!" from Lyude with a neutral facial expression.

"Stone carver" is likely a derogatory euphemism for "Azhani", Azha is a mining community, mining is carving stone. The player at the time, including myself, might not realize this in the heat of the moment, and because we haven't really learned about Azha yet.

Presumably, Lyude's siblings tried to be nice all their lives to their mongrel half-sibling and hiding the truth to let him try to redeem himself. Lyuvann likely didn't marry this ethnic trash on the grounds that it'd be uncivilized of him to do so. And being Alma is a lesser human being in their eyes, polite Imperial society might turn a blind eye to Lyuvann fostering a child on her, the same way a slaveowner in pre-Civil War America would be allowed to get away with impregnating slaves.

If you:

• Complete the first Quest Magnus fetch quests of hers'. Get a Cottoncap Fruit from Gena's orphanage after reviving the Cottoncap plants with a Yesterbean and let it age for 30 minutes into Cottoncap Gauze. Use Fresh Air from one of the palace bedrooms in Anuenue to generate a Yesterbean in the spots where they appear in the Thornwood if you need to. Give the Gauze to Alma
  • While in Hassaleh, talk to the old man in the house next to the clock tower for the Heart Link valuable item.
  • Then, after giving Almarde the fruit, collect a Salty Water from her room and use it on the Greythorne therein (maybe you have to leave the room after giving the Gauze first). Then talk to Alma while a Greythorne and collect the Quest Magnus you're offered.

You can take that Quest Magnus to Camilla back in Mintaka, you'll be treated to a little scene that helps set the stage another touch.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I think a higher difficulty should give the player incentives for choosing them.

See: Kingdom Hearts 2 FM/KH3 or LR: FFXIII as to what I mean. They made them difficult but gave the player advantages as well, not suffocating you.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What was KHIIFM's again? The 50 extra AP...?

Abilities

MP hastera, finish plus, lucky lucky X2, reaction boost, draw, and EXP Zero. Along with the extra AP.

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Like my highest level primarily offensive unit is at 33, and Edelgard is level 47. The normal enemies in this chapter are 45 or 46.

Sheesh.

The game is definitely rougher in SS if they kept the stats like VW's version of the map.

I was still under/just hitting level 40 in this one for my units. Even if I was using more and taking more grinding.

31 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Sheesh.

The game is definitely rougher in SS if they kept the stats like VW's version of the map.

I was still under/just hitting level 40 in this one for my units. Even if I was using more and taking more grinding.

Well I am just under hitting 40 for of my units, it’s just my dancer.

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Right, those were a thing too.

Except maybe EXP Zero. That's for an even higher challenge, not a help. XD

It's more for bragging rights, really. 

But the others (mostly MP Hastera and Lucky Lucky X2) are amazingly helpful. 

I just dont like when games "difficulty" consists of them taking away all of the players options and stacking the opposition with everything. That's not fun to me.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Zephyrus showed up in my autocorrect on my phone.

I don't even use SF on my phone.

Zephyrus is so much of a Gary Stu that he has arrived to liberate your phone from the forces of Raze.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Zephyrus is so much of a Gary Stu that he has arrived to liberate your phone from the forces of Raze.

Spoilers:

Spoiler

Be pretending to be Raze.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Spoilers:

Hide contents

Be pretending to be Raze.

Hahahahahaha... Excellent. The fact that this has happened to you of all people proves that data sharing is real and companies have a really cruel sense of humor.

30 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's more for bragging rights, really. 

But the others (mostly MP Hastera and Lucky Lucky X2) are amazingly helpful. 

I just dont like when games "difficulty" consists of them taking away all of the players options and stacking the opposition with everything. That's not fun to me.

True. I'm reminded how Data Luxord on Critical pretty much becomes a literal do-or-die gamble when he unleashes his desperation attack. Which is kinda fitting, considering things, but it means no matter how skilled you are, you will lose if the odds doesn't favor you.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Still going with this one map on HSoS. The last 5, 6 maps were great, and then this happened...

C'mon, Kaga, this is just absurd. 

I'll spoiler tag an image of what's happening atm if you're curious. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_795.png

And I have to capture double blade girl on the left. Somehow. Joy.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Still going with this one map on HSoS. The last 5, 6 maps were great, and then this happened...

C'mon, Kaga, this is just absurd. 

I'll spoiler tag an image of what's happening atm if you're curious. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_795.png

And I have to capture double blade girl on the left. Somehow. Joy.

Wha...

What am I looking at, Kaga? What the hell did you do?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Wha...

What am I looking at, Kaga? What the hell did you do?

Defense map with like 7 breakable walls vs. insane amount of reinforcements. 15-19 were all good maps, and then this happens... 

And, even more insane, is that the objective is "Defend for ??? turns!"

I have no clue how long I have to maintain this!

1 minute ago, Spara said:

And, even more insane, is that the objective is "Defend for ??? turns!"

Ohhh, that's just so Kaga. Why even bother with the "defend for" objective if you're not going to have the decency to tell you the amount of turns!?

Also I just noticed the loooooong transporter unit at the top.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

So Kaga took a look at T776 Ch 14 and said to himself "I haven't done this in a while!"?

And then decided a recruitment needed to be even more difficult by having to capture?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also I just noticed the loooooong transporter unit at the top.

He's named Jonathan. You'll like him. He's great.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

So Kaga took a look at T776 Ch 14 and said to himself "I haven't done this in a while!"?

And then decided a recruitment needed to be even more difficult by having to capture?

Apparently. Can't wait to stab those damn bosses next map, or, at least, one of them. 

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

He's named Jonathan. You'll like him. He's great.

Wait-- Long transporter isn't a generic you have to protect for this survival mission or anything?

...Goodness gracious, I really need to get to playing this game... Arrrgh! Time, I need more time...!

Also, Jonathan? Did that bastard travel to a different continent to purchase more exotic furniture or what?

Edited by Saint Rubenio