• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Well, for now (and hopefully from now until quite a while), i am officially reporting in from new apartment! xD

Yay! I sincerely hope that you'll have many good memories there.

And that there are good restaurants in walking distance.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Honestly can not put it any better than this.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Thanks .D

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

sadly, nope

37 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, for now (and hopefully from now until quite a while), i am officially reporting in from new apartment! xD

Good luck in your new environment!

It’s tough but you will get used it to it. I like to see what restaurants are around, but you’ve already answered that...

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • Be equipped with a Magnus that has an "R" in the upper-right corner on characters who are following up. The first character doesn't need one.
  • There must not be an enemy taking an action between the two characters. It's not a "relay" if some book smacks someone before the metaphoric baton is passed.

Alright got it.

Also let me add a third bullet point to that

• You must not be Downed 

It's honestly insane how easy it is to be Downed in this game.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Bad news Xenoblade stans, I might have gotten a bit of a scare from the first game because of the heights involved and how far you can fall down them.

Don't play Xenoblade X then.

Didn't know you had a fear of fights. A friend of mine has a fear of the deep ocean and an area in Xenoblade 2 has a certain weather condition that.....let's just say didn't make things pleasant.

51 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Very nice!

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Didn't know you had a fear of fights. A friend of mine has a fear of the deep ocean and an area in Xenoblade 2 has a certain weather condition that.....let's just say didn't make things pleasant.

To be precise, I think it's possibly light vertigo when looking down near an edge.

The real kicker's an overactive imagination visualising me falling down to the ground. Didn't help what I was looking at was egging it on. Definitely explains how I felt it from a not real life experience.

Needless to say, looking over cliffs is nervewracking. Or trying to get on zipline equipment, that one froze me. (I pretty much paralysed on a zipline drop, after not being able to convince myself to climb with one on)

Edited by Dayni

TIL if you pick the Black Eagles and set your birthday in month four, meaning you miss it pre time skip, after the time skip if you pick Silver Snow Byleth won’t get the Black Eagle Brooch on their birthday but rather a new item called the White Dragon Scarf from Flayn. It has the same effect as all of the birthday gifts (+2 charm) and its description is “An embroidered scarf honoring the immaculate one”. Thanks Flayn. So not redoing the prologue to change Byleth’s birthday paid off in the end, because I learned that this exists.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

This part of the plot just reads like the Empire is jealous of people who have wings tbh.

"Stop using your magic wings, be like us, people who don't have wings but will use mechanical ones anyway".

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

To be precise, I think it's possibly light vertigo when looking down near an edge.

The real kicker's an overactive imagination visualising me falling down to the ground. Didn't help what I was looking at was egging it on. Definitely explains how I felt it from a not real life experience.

Needless to say, looking over cliffs is nervewracking. Or trying to get on zipline equipment, that one froze me. (I pretty much paralysed on a zipline drop, after not being able to convince myself to climb with one on)

I can relate to hating heights, and I include elevators on that! Scary af, I tell ya.

47 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

...?

I mean you haven’t played it and its spoilers but 

Spoiler

She’s referencing the war of the Eagle and Lion like she took part in it but on Silver Snow you don’t take part in it, it happens off screen because fe has good writing.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

This part of the plot just reads like the Empire is jealous of people who have wings tbh.

"Stop using your magic wings, be like us, people who don't have wings but will use mechanical ones anyway".

Sadal Suud and its... American... Rodolfo already, wow. You'll beyond all doubts certain to have this game done in a few days.

And because you're proceeding so fast Sadal Suud, let me issue you a warning.

MAKE A SEPARATE SAVE FILE BEFORE LEAVING FOR ANUENUE!

The developers dun goofed with a difficult softlock boss again! 

Since you're willing to resort to the infinite HP cheat, you can get past it that way for sure. If you want to stand the best chance of getting through it the fair way, then before heading to the Rainbow Nation, load up your Quest Magnus with Mountain Apples from Cebalrai here to inflate your HP the non-infinite way.

If that isn't enough, then this Ex Combo should hopefully do the job, add a weapon beforehand if you want.:

Spoiler

Icefan-Sigil Cry-Empyreal Wildfire. This is Fiery Ice Queen.

Add Weak Attack B-Medium Attack B-Strong Attack B beforehand to turn it into Blazing Glacial Queen. But this is strictly not necessary.

You'll find the necessary level 2 Special Attack during the next dungeon from Sagi's headaches. It'll have a typo and the word "Summon" will appears in its name when you open its treasure chest.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sadal Suud and its... American... Rodolfo already, wow. You'll beyond all doubts certain to have this game done in a few days.

Well you did say this game is shorter.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

MAKE A SEPARATE SAVE FILE BEFORE LEAVING FOR ANUENUE!

The developers dun goofed with a difficult softlock boss again! 

Monolith pls.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Since you're willing to resort to the infinite HP cheat, you can get past it that way for sure.

Imma be honest, i've been using infinite HP for pretty much every boss. Because they all hit so damn hard and maybe i'm just bad but it feels like this game discourages defending and healing.

The absolute worse ones though are the Machina Arma fights. Literally just "whittle down the opponents HP by single digits until you hit the flag, upon which you'll lose anyway". 

Chapter 17 is history. I played it normally until I was at the death knight with my wyverns and my warp user and my dancer to which I was like “go forth my children” and beat the death knight exactly down to his last hit point, if he had had even one more I would have lost.

I am terrified for the next chapter, the enbarr invasion, that chapter is a doozy even on hard mode. I don’t know what I’ll do. Maybe some grinding is in order. But auxiliary battles give so little exp... hm.

Edited by Sooks

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

TIL if you pick the Black Eagles and set your birthday in month four, meaning you miss it pre time skip, after the time skip if you pick Silver Snow Byleth won’t get the Black Eagle Brooch on their birthday but rather a new item called the White Dragon Scarf from Flayn. It has the same effect as all of the birthday gifts (+2 charm) and its description is “An embroidered scarf honoring the immaculate one”. Thanks Flayn. So not redoing the prologue to change Byleth’s birthday paid off in the end, because I learned that this exists.

I learned that the same way.

Originally I thought I picked the day before the prologue fight, but nah, just a little earlier.

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I can relate to hating heights, and I include elevators on that! Scary af, I tell ya.

It's just the subset of "Imagine falling to your death" for me, I can tend to be in high places away from the edge fine enough and I don't have a fear of flying either..

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Chapter 17 is history. I played it normally until I was at the death knight with my wyverns and my warp user and my dancer to which I was like “go forth my children” and beat the death knight exactly down to his last hit point, if he had had even one more I would have lost.

I just went "Fly, my pretty, fly!" to Caspar with the killer knuckles on turn 4.

Because I already had enough memories of the map to decide I was not waiting for it.

Edited by Dayni

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

I feel bad for the people who got softlocked at chapter 13, not only because of all the time they spent but it soured their opinion of a great difficulty! Maddening is really fun, these maps are great.

I am very happy for you. Even if I 100% disagree.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

May you find a good supermarket within walking distance. That seems to be the most convenient thing.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yes! Yes! Perfect! We have reached peak humanity!

...How does Berwick Saga factor into this, though? Berwick Saga is so good and not bullshit!

Tell your friend never to play Subnautica. I don't even have a fear of the ocean and I was still shitting my pants when playing that game.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Z0aNntK.jpg
Erm, wrong route Flayn... you okay?

What? What's wrong with this--

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I mean you haven’t played it and its spoilers but 

Hide contents

She’s referencing the war of the Eagle and Lion like she took part in it but on Silver Snow you don’t take part in it, it happens off screen because fe has good writing.

Oh.

Wait, what? I thought that battle took place in every route! Are you telling me Claude's role in this route is EVEN MORE INCONSEQUENTIAL than I thought!?

This is why I don't look into Three Houses. Because the more I do, the more I hate it.

That dastardly Kaga!

Won't somebody do something about this menace? Where's Batman when you need him?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...How does Berwick Saga factor into this, though? Berwick Saga is so good and not bullshit!

I kinda want to go with the guy I said should be called Telemachus, but aside from that, the cave from Adel's paralogue? Just off the top of my head, I feel like there's more appropriate ideas.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I kinda want to go with the guy I said should be called Telemachus

Ah yes, the one that began the whole Larentia fiasco.

the cave from Adel's paralogue?

Eh, that wasn't so bad. Krishna phasing through a wall to escape is iffy, but in retrospect, I should've bailed Czene out as soon as he started heading that way.

Just off the top of my head, I feel like there's more appropriate ideas.

The snow map.

Just... the snow map.

Fucking Marcel.