Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We sure gotta! There ain't many of us...

https://i.imgur.com/GWH287d.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hubert. Any day, Hubert. Swordmaster in the forest, goodness gracious...

If it weren't for Meteor I might have agreed.

As it is, I can at least attack Catherine from range.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hubert gets eviscerated and just goes "aight, that's enough, imma walk now" and warps away, even though rewarp isn't a thing in Three Houses.

Hubert every time:

Spoiler

53e40y.jpg

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I don’t know what I was thinking when I said that Seteth was MVP. I should have done that joke where I swap out the MVP again, but instead of putting canto I should have put stride.

Seriously, stride was how I won first when I was ambushed in the forest and then on the turn where I took that picture. So good!

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, here we have the greatest Fire Emblem game at work.

Ahahaha! It’s maddening though, when is there a good super ultra mega difficulty?

I would like to point out that all the red tiles were Hubert’s range and he had meteor.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I like Hubert just chilling there. Did they seriously have nobody else to make the boss of chapters? Did they really have to use Hubert 12 times and make him retreat every time?

On Silver Snow you only fight him here and at the enbarr chapter (not counting the pretimeskip Edelgard fight because obviously he would be there) since there’s no Dimitri paralogue or war of the Eagle and lion.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, on Silver Snow, it's not like Edelgard has anyone else.

They could have gone full “I can’t fall here” meme and just made it always the death knight. Again.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Crimson Flower version has Catherine which....i don't know which is worse. On one hand, Hubert is squishier but has Meteor or some other long-range. On the other hand, Catherine has 1 range but is a swordmaster in forest hell so.....pick your poison i guess.

Well there’s already an assassin in the forest enemy spawns, so...

You know, I’m surprised this chapter’s reinforcements were player phase spawns considering this mode’s track record. I mean the chapter still sucks, but still.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hey, Wraith. How's it going?

Hope all is well with you.

And the same to everyone else.

Morning all. 👋

Yeah, I’m fine thanks, just been very busy of late.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah yeah, i've been meaning to ask about this. Because i've gotten a few Ex Combos but it feels like i did them on accident.

Alrighty, next lesson!🙂

Ex Combos are a specific combination of one or more Special Attacks and normal attacks (and there are like 3 of them that require a specific kind of equipment as well). A couple of Ex Combos have little bonus effects, but most are purely additional damage. The basic Attacks in Ex Combos have to be specifically A or B or a mix, depending on the Combo.

Milly gets Ex Combos that do not require Special Attacks, that is unique to her, and some of these use her one of her two exclusive 1+ or the 2+ or the alternate 3 (why isn't it a 3+?) Magnus. But don't fret about Sagi and Guillo missing out, they'll get one and a couple of tricks up their own sleeves respectively later.

To use Ex Combos that require level 1, 2 and 3 Special Attacks, unless you reach a very high class level, you can't generate MP from the 1 & 2 Specials to pay for the level 3, since MP caps at 5. This is where MP Burst comes in. Activating it once MP reaches 5, will grant infinite MP for one character's single assault, but it will disable MP generation for a brief period afterwards.

An MP Burst can carry over to the other two if they participate in a Relay Combo, meaning they have a piece of equipment with an "R" in the upper right corner equipped, and they're able to attack after another character without there being any enemies in the attack queue between the two heroes.

A list of Ex Combos you have performed in the past can be found in the menu. A few Ex Combos can be revealed by purchasing them at the Coliseum in exchange for RP. Otherwise, it's trial and error to see what forms one. Those of the same element tend to pair together, like Heavenfall and Red Padma, but not always. Icefan doesn't pair with Twin Ice Auger, it's Firewheel that goes with Twin Ice Auger.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We sure gotta! There ain't many of us...

Kinda surprisingly too. I mean, for all the obsessiveness of the fanbase, they never seem to express any sort of merit that the game may have.

Maybe they just really like calendar management.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is where MP Burst comes in.

What button do i press for this?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

An MP Burst can carry over to the other two if they participate in a Relay Combo, meaning they have a piece of equipment with an "R" in the upper right corner equipped, and they're able to attack after another character without there being any enemies in the attack queue between the two heroes.

Speaking of, what are the requirements for a Relay Combo. I've done a few but i don't know how.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, for all the obsessiveness of the fanbase, they never seem to express any sort of merit that the game may have.

You say that like people didn't spend months talking about how good the game is.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Kinda surprisingly too. I mean, for all the obsessiveness of the fanbase, they never seem to express any sort of merit that the game may have.

Maybe they just really like calendar management.

Don’t need to discuss merit when you can count on one hand the amount of people who find it bad 😉

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You say that like people didn't spend months talking about how good the game is.

Huh? I specifically mentioned the "obsessiveness of the fanbase".

Yet I haven't actually heard much beyond obsessing over "waifus" and powergaming strategies.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yet I haven't actually heard much beyond obsessing over "waifus" and powergaming strategies.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

>92 avoid

Petra is wonderful.

Exactly. Just like that.

Giacomo: "Sagi, i've come to kill you"

Sagi: *wins*

Giacomo: 

maxresdefault.jpg

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yet I haven't actually heard much beyond obsessing over "waifus"

We don't talk about those.

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

and powergaming strategies.

As if people don't talk about this for any game.

There was definitely discussion regarding the game's merits, it's just been two years and it's pretty much all been said.

Gotta say, I know this is just going to sound like Boomer Ruben at it again, but I kinda sorta agree with Brightbow on this one. It's a similar case to Path of Radiance for me. I see endless praise for the story and characters. Mind, I don't think this is unwarranted - they're pretty good, even if I do find them to be rather overrated. But when the time comes to talk about the gameplay, people say very little. "It's good", "it's fine I like it" or "I enjoy customizing my favorite characters." I don't think I've ever seen anyone truly praising Three Houses's map design or mechanic design. Quite the opposite, I've seen even big fans of the game who admit that things like the monastery and the maps aren't all that great, in hindsight.

Now, for a change, I'm not just trying to rant at the wall here. I would be genuinely interested in seeing an indepth analysis of Three Houses's gameplay by someone who truly believes that Three Houses's gameplay is as excellent as its story and characters. Because, well, maybe I just haven't looked hard enough, but I've never seen such a thing, and... I honestly can't understand it. The game has such blatant, titanic design flaws that it baffles me people have so readily accepted it as the best game in the series and Better Than Fates. Especially now that I've played Fates and, well, I dunno about the other routes, but Conquest's gameplay runs circles around Three Houses's sorry ass.

So yeah, if anyone wants to yell at me about why I'm an idiot and Three Houses is actually amazing, I'd love to see it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gotta say, I know this is just going to sound like Boomer Ruben at it again, but I kinda sorta agree with Brightbow on this one. It's a similar case to Path of Radiance for me. I see endless praise for the story and characters. Mind, I don't think this is unwarranted - they're pretty good, even if I do find them to be rather overrated. But when the time comes to talk about the gameplay, people say very little. "It's good", "it's fine I like it" or "I enjoy customizing my favorite characters."

I know, right? Path of Radiance is bloody rubbish.

At least Radiant Dawn has the advantage of having a silky smooth engine.

I think 3H's success stems from taking it as a complete experience instead of trying to pick its individual aspects apart. Not that that's inherently bad, but when you look at a game as a complete experience (story, gameplay, characters, music, etc.), Three Houses stands pretty strong.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I think 3H's success stems from taking it as a complete experience instead of trying to pick its individual aspects apart. Not that that's inherently bad, but when you look at a game as a complete experience (story, gameplay, characters, music, etc.), Three Houses stands pretty strong.

Ehhhh I have to disagree there. When I first played it, I really liked it, but the weak gameplay began to drag it down really hard in the later stages. And on my replays, this fatal flaw only increased my dislike for the game further and further.

Of course, I personally believe that, when it comes to FE, gameplay is by far the most important aspect, and none of the others matter in comparison. I know a lot of people play these games mostly for the story - in their case, I completely understand loving the game as much as they do. I suppose the game just isn't for me, but I still think it's important to criticize, not excuse, the weaker aspects of the gameplay. Because if we don't, they won't improve on it, and I think better gameplay is something we can all agree would be great.

23 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Exactly. Just like that.

>female character in modern fire emblem has good stats

>”obsessing over waifus”

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

>female character in modern fire emblem has good stats

>”obsessing over waifus”

No but you see, when we do it it's fine because our waifus are objectively better

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

No but you see, when we do it it's fine because our waifus are objectively better

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

^

Also true.

Hahahahahahahah... Yes! I did the perfect ninjaing!

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But when the time comes to talk about the gameplay, people say very little. "It's good", "it's fine I like it" or "I enjoy customizing my favorite characters." I don't think I've ever seen anyone truly praising Three Houses's map design or mechanic design. Quite the opposite, I've seen even big fans of the game who admit that things like the monastery and the maps aren't all that great, in hindsight.

Now, for a change, I'm not just trying to rant at the wall here. I would be genuinely interested in seeing an indepth analysis of Three Houses's gameplay by someone who truly believes that Three Houses's gameplay is as excellent as its story and characters. Because, well, maybe I just haven't looked hard enough, but I've never seen such a thing, and... I honestly can't understand it. The game has such blatant, titanic design flaws that it baffles me people have so readily accepted it as the best game in the series and Better Than Fates. Especially now that I've played Fates and, well, I dunno about the other routes, but Conquest's gameplay runs circles around Three Houses's sorry ass.

So yeah, if anyone wants to yell at me about why I'm an idiot and Three Houses is actually amazing, I'd love to see it.

Make a thread then.