• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I watched the Prequels when I was young, my thoughts were that the first one was boring until darth maul happens and *spoilers* bites the dust. I don’t remember much of the second one, but I liked the action-y parts again (assuming plural, there was this one part where they were at an arena or something, so I remember that one). I thought the third one was great because all the Anakin stuff was interesting.

I think I was six.

This was exactly my thoughts when i was younger and they are still my thoughts today.

27 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

They invited Pac-Man?!

latest?cb=20180101004502

Haha nice.

From what I've heard, the quest to get Pac-Man's card makes Ursula's quest look fast and easy. Good luck!

Dn1nyqCXsAAVXw9.jpeg?width=400&height=43

Relatedly, I don't know if you found it but the first game had a reference to KOS-MOS.

I never found it but i know it exists.

Playing through RD again and every time I do, I cant understand the direction they were going with the Dawn Brigade. Why make them playable at all in part 3? They should either have a much bigger part, or not be there at all. 

I personally think the way they have that set up stinks. If you liked any of the dawn brigade, too damn bad. Lol 10/10 balance logic right there.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Playing through RD again and every time I do, I cant understand the direction they were going with the Dawn Brigade. Why make them playable at all in part 3? They should either have a much bigger part, or not be there at all. 

I personally think the way they have that set up stinks. If you liked any of the dawn brigade, too damn bad. Lol 10/10 balance logic right there.

Indeed. The whole "switching POV's" looks good on paper, but only really done well, otherwise you end up with... Part 3.

Would've been cooler if Part 3 was actually a big route split where you choose which side of the war to play. Part 4 practically ignores much of Part 3 to function anyway, so might as well.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

PAC-MAN?!

Bro you can't just tell me there's Pac-Man in this game without context. I mean, i guess i'm not surprised considering there was a dungeon that was literally Tower of Duraga in the last game.

I already told you Finch.

Pac-Man is in both BK games, thanks Namco.

It's a 70 Atk neutral Magnus anyone can use in Eternal Wings, it ages after 7 hours into Pac-Land, and then another 7 into Pac-Mania, ending up with 150 Atk, and Pac-Man never goes bad. 

To make Pac-Man, play the following cards in this exact order.:

Cherries.pngStrawberries.pngOrange.pngApple.pngMelon.png

This is because that is because these fruits are found in Pac-Man and provide extra points when obtained, they show up in that arrangement.

The earliest you can make Pac is Duhr, so practically at the end.

As for Origins, there is a sidequest associated with Pac-Man, you obtain him as a Quest Magnus. Then, you must feed him 147 other Quest Magnus (all the ones that aren't one-of-a-kind, the special ones he can't eat). A tiny handful of which are potentially permanently missable.

Unfortunately, the "feeding" can't be "select a card, give to Pac", you have to put it next to his card and then wait a few minutes to pass. But, the real problem is that, although BKO has a section on the menu that keeps track of all your sidequests, it doesn't show you what Quest Magnus you've already fed Pac-Man. Meaning you have to keep your own independent 147-item checklist and mark off each of them yourself.

The ultimate reward from all this? Pac-Man will transform into a Quest Magnus, Pac-Mania that passively turns all your attacks into critical hits. That is a massive damage increase, albeit by the time you can complete this sidequest, at best you have only the final dungeon left. So it isn't really worth it pragmatically speaking.

You also get the Beast's Collar (75 Quest Magnus fed, Pac-Man turns into Pac-Land at this time, which eats Quest Magnus faster), the Beast's Chain (feed Pac the Power Pellet), and the Beast's Shackles (all 147), these are supportive item Magnus that cost 2 MP to use, and lower enemy status resistances, defenses, and offense respectively.

By contrast...

• There are 50 Constellation Magnus. (The useless KOS-MOS action figure came from trading in the Aquila fragment.)
  • Quzman has 31 family members. (He at the spry age of 80 is the one who gives you Pac-Man FYI.)
  • There are 17 animals to send to Wazn.
  • There are 26 Sedna Magnus.

Well just like the Star Map, i'll fill it in as i go but won't make it a goal to actually finish it.

None of it is missable, right?

None of it is missable, just as -barring one instance- there were no missable Constellation Magnus.

There's a website that just has a whole bunch of translation errors and such documented but i forget the name of it.

Legends of Localization.

Sadly, coinciding with the timing of the pandemic, the site hasn't done any new articles since then.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

What in the world is that hat?

Marginally more practical than the Parnasse shopkeeper in EWatLO:

Screen-Shot-2021-03-26-at-8-07-03-PM.png

You've crossed the Nihal Desert, so now I'll tell you about a little side quest with absolutely no reward whatsoever!

From the southern entrance of the Nihal Desert, from the Azha end, head north one screen, then go off into the sand and head north again. Then, head west one screen.

Head inside, and you'll find someone, who -provided the game recognizes your Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean save data- will offer you a Quest Magnus that does nothing at all contrary to what they say. This will then age over many hours to final fifth phase, going back and talking to the quest-giver after each change of its form will result in an additional comment.

If you don't want to waste the Quest Magnus slot, then I'll tell you what the whole point of this useless quest is....

Spoiler

The Heartflask, which collects the power of peoples' heart, says this at its final phase.:

"The vessel has filled completely, and it's bursting with hearts. Within it, you feel something akin to the birth of a new life. Is returning this to Georg really the right thing to do?"

The bolding of the text is my addition.

The Heartflask is the seed, the zygote, the origin, of Kalas. Or Fee, or both. All they did was carry around a Magnus on their adventures, Georg made the Heartflask and asked them to bring it along, but yes, canonically, Sagi, Guillo, and Milliarde likely contributed to the creation of the next's game's main hero.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Indeed. The whole "switching POV's" looks good on paper, but only really done well, otherwise you end up with... Part 3.

Would've been cooler if Part 3 was actually a big route split where you choose which side of the war to play. Part 4 practically ignores much of Part 3 to function anyway, so might as well.

Yes, exactly! Why cant I choose to join Micaiah?! Its stupid from a gameplay PoV. 

They could alter certain events pending on what happened previous, it's not that difficult. 

Radiant Dawn feels a lot like Golden Sun. Like, as if they had this story in mind that they ended up deciding to split into two games. And to make things feel more distinct, they added a POV switch that ultimately just exists for the sake of it.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

already told you Finch.

Pac-Man is in both BK games, thanks Namco.

Ok in my defense, that was two years ago.

The useless KOS-MOS action figure came from trading in the Aquila fragment.)

I literally had the Aquila fragment and i never turned it in, fuck.

If you don't want to waste the Quest Magnus slot, then I'll tell you what the whole point of this useless quest is....

Spoiler

Now imagine how the course of history would've changed if Sagi discarded the Heartflask because he needed room for something else.

Still tho, that's pretty neat.

Edited by Armagon

I'm getting closer to the end of Holy Sword of Silvanister, Chapter 20 of 25 total.

And DEAR GOD THESE MAPS HAVE BEEN INSANE. Some have had odd central mechanics, like one where you have to take and hold a collection of forts on difficult terrain while being pressured on one side by cavaliers and also trying to take out key enemies in a well-guarded supply line. Others, like Chapter 20, are just MASSIVE AND BATSHIT CRAZY. Fun, but still, my god. Not quite to the level of VS1 Ch20 just yet, but still, they're absolutely gigantic. 

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Radiant Dawn feels a lot like Golden Sun. Like, as if they had this story in mind that they ended up deciding to split into two games. And to make things feel more distinct, they added a POV switch that ultimately just exists for the sake of it.

I think this is a good way of putting it. 

With all the importance they place on them being separate, you think it would have a bigger impact, but it doesnt. The idea was decent, but poorly implemented, imo.

Screenshot_2898.png?width=769&height=432

This lava fish can go fuck right off tbh. I've never seen a boss just hunt you down like this. Every screen in this dungeon, he just shows up as a fuck you.

I've got it: this is a Unique Monster.

Screenshot_2899.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2900.png?width=769&height=432

Glad to see the characters commenting on the absurdity of the situation.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wow, Petra and Bernadetta’s paralogue is ATROCIOUS. I’ll deal with it tomorrow...

Are you just realizing that now?

Hmm, it's not anyplace near my backlog, but I think I have a craving on actually playing through Vestaria right now...

Hmm, I'm also tempted to make an LP out of it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ok in my defense, that was two years ago.

I acknowledge your defense, it's more me having a good memory.😅

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Glad to see the characters commenting on the absurdity of the situation.

I think I have to agree with Milly here, since when is learning how to defeat legendary monsters in places you don't want to visit like caves of molten rock "practical knowledge"? Well, it's more practical than math.

Don't mean to influence your opinion here, and I'm not asking for yours if you want to digest it more, but I want to comment that I do like the Azha segment.

Almadre's incredible youth given her EWatLO wrinkled skin aside, the 20-years ago angle does it well. In Eternal Wings, it's a shell of a community when you visit, here, on first arrival, it's bustling and happy. Then, the underlying tensions are exposed, and you're forced onto the wrong side of the imperial-local conflict. In the end, peace and the hive of activity return, but you know it won't last. Eventually, things will build up up to the point the Empire resorts to genocide-like measures.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Why is young Gibari just Reyn?

If there were to be a hypothetical fourth playable character in BKO, I'd want to be Gibari actually. He's 34 in EWatLO, so he should be 14 here, one year less than Sagi, so why not? Heck, Giacomo is 13 and swung that scythe earlier, although I think Giacomo would be better being aged up by like four years or so. A hero spanning two eras, would be great, if a little tricky to explain why he never once mentioned his former comrades as a grown man.

While you briefly saw the world map earlier, you might've noticed Mira wasn't there. The dimensional instability of the island has caused it to lose connection with the rest of the Sky. This is temporary in the long run and normal for it. For unexplained reasons, when Mira isn't present, the minuscule island of the Endmost Bethel occupies its location, which is why you can only reach there via Blue Save Flowers in Eternal Wings.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

You know, I kinda wish I did Origins -> Eternal Wings and it's not because of the timeline. Yeah, Eternal Wings lacks some of the QoL that's in Origins but even taking into account that I'm still in the early game (or maybe start of mid?), I just miss the freedom that Eternal Wings' combat had. I have my problems with it but going from the freedom of Eternal Wings to the kinda more restrictive Origins is something I still haven't gotten used to. 

That being said, I don't think Origins' combat is bad, although I do wish everyone had their own deck instead of sharing is caring.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In Eternal Wings, it's a shell of a community when you visit, here, on first arrival, it's bustling and happy. Then, the underlying tensions are exposed, and you're forced onto the wrong side of the imperial-local conflict. In the end, peace and the hive of activity return, but you know it won't last. Eventually, things will build up up to the point the Empire resorts to genocide-like measures.

Yeah, when the whole investigation started and you get on the villager's wrong side, it just sucked (as in emotionally, not a flaw), especially knowing what happens 20 years later.

I know I just said I wish I started with Origins but on the other hand, the Azha arc wouldn't have been as impactful if I hadn't done Eternal Wings first. Knowing how Almarde was in the past and seeing what fate awaits her later would've been lost on someone doing Origins first.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

While you briefly saw the world map earlier, you might've noticed Mira wasn't there. The dimensional instability of the island has caused it to lose connection with the rest of the Sky. This is temporary in the long run and normal for it. For unexplained reasons, when Mira isn't present, the minuscule island of the Endmost Bethel occupies its location, which is why you can only reach there via Blue Save Flowers in Eternal Wings.

Oh and here I thought the Endmost Bethel was just a part of Mira.

Wait, does that mean Mira isn't visitable in this game?

Edited by Armagon

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know, I kinda wish I did Origins -> Eternal Wings and it's not because of the timeline. Yeah, Eternal Wings lacks some of the QoL that's in Origins but even taking into account that I'm still in the early game (or maybe start of mid?), I just miss the freedom that Eternal Wings' combat had. I have my problems with it but going from the freedom of Eternal Wings to the kinda more restrictive Origins is something I still haven't gotten used to. 

That being said, I don't think Origins' combat is bad, although I do wish everyone had their own deck instead of sharing is caring.

Huh. There are people who prefer Eternal Wings to Origins in terms of the combat, and I don't see anything wrong with that. The two games both use card systems, but go about it more differently than you might expect for two related games. Although, nowadays I can visualize BKO as a crude precursor to XC2.

The shared deck is something I think I wound up liking more, maybe it was something to do with less deck management? And if you were to change it, you might want to overhaul the attack system, the need for generic Weak/Medium/Strong Attacks, it stands to speculative reason, was done because a shared deck no longer made everyone having so many unique attack Magnus feasible anymore. The overhaul involved the ditching of Spirit Numbers and the fun of stringing them together too.

In that pipe dream of a third, I'd want to see the good of each of the two systems intermixed, but it'd a delicate procedure. Not to ignore that modern gaming tastes would have to be addressed and that'd add another complication.

Diadem is midgame before I forget to include this. Origins feels somewhat shorter than Eternal Wings.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, does that mean Mira isn't visitable in this game?

It isn't.

Best Island, GONE!😭

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although, nowadays I can visualize BKO as a crude precursor to XC2.

Could you elaborate?

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And if you were to change it, you might want to overhaul the attack system, the need for generic Weak/Medium/Strong Attacks, it stands to speculative reason, was done because a shared deck no longer made everyone having so many unique attack Magnus feasible anymore.

That could be true but there's also like, equipment Magnus that you can use to buff attacks or change their elements. And also defend but honestly, I think the reason why enemies hit much harder in this game is because defending isn't as reliable as it was in Eternal Wings. Eternal Wings still had moments where you just couldn't do anything but defending in that game definitely feels more consistent.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The overhaul involved the ditching of Spirit Numbers and the fun of stringing them together too.

Yeah I miss this too.

I just wish Origins didn't make me go in one path. Let me go down numbers, let me do duplicates (I know there's + cards but it's not the same).

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It isn't.

Best Island, GONE!😭

EjmJBKYWsAAFiNv.jpg

They brought back lame-ass Sadal Suud but not Mira. Smh.