• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ah, yes, the infamous episode (of many). You know, considering it was Pikachu's attacks which caused the seizures, I wonder what would've happened if they weren't able to divert the attention to turn Porygon into the scapegoat.

So, there was that essay I was working on a little while ago where I needed a minimum of a certain score on the computer when revising it that I couldn’t reach. Apparently that’s not just points taken off my essay, that is AN ENTIRE SEPARATE GRADE which is now a zero and the grades are due tomorrow. I have a 67 in that class. It’s 11:04.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So, there was that essay I was working on a little while ago where I needed a minimum of a certain score on the computer when revising it that I couldn’t reach. Apparently that’s not just points taken off my essay, that is AN ENTIRE SEPARATE GRADE which is now a zero and the grades are due tomorrow. I have a 67 in that class. It’s 11:04.

OOF

Are you at least allowed to re-revise the essay?

So looking at my grade, there’s a test section of the grade which is worth 25% of my final grade. We have had one test grade this entire quarter. Revising the essay. PUTTING TOGETHER THE ACTUAL ESSAY ITSELF was a classwork grade, but revising it isn’t part of that, nonono revising it is a test grade, and the only test grade for the whole quarter! Did I revise it? Yes. A lot. So why do I have a zero and a 67 average? She requires a minimum score by the computer algorithm it goes through for it to be worth anything. I asked her for advice when it wouldn’t work, I did everything she suggested, and it barely raised it! Why!?

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

OOF

Are you at least allowed to re-revise the essay?

Yes but there is a strong chance I will fail this quarter.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Yes but there is a strong chance I will fail this quarter.

Wait, but 67% isn't a fail.

Like, don't get me wrong, I get you: Getting grades like that HURT. That said, I would not 100% freak out about it.

Edited by Benice

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, yes, the infamous episode (of many). You know, considering it was Pikachu's attacks which caused the seizures, I wonder what would've happened if they weren't able to divert the attention to turn Porygon into the scapegoat.

Pikachu can't do anything wrong. If the episode consisted of nothing except Pikachu on a stage, moving to the PokeRap and occasionally thundershocking, with a very passive Pokemon audience watching, and an Oddish was in the front seats of that audience, we'd sooner see Oddish gone than Pikachu.😛

And you're right in that Porygon is the victim here, all because it was their debut episode. Porygon 2 and Z never made proper anime appearances either. I wouldn't entirely be surprised if it turned out prior anime episodes had had lighting effects that, while not as bad as the infamous episode, were red flags that the incident could happen at some point.

Honestly, I can't imagine what would've happened if it had been a more vanilla episode, without any extraordinary new Pokemon showing, that had been the calamitous event.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait, but 67% isn't a fail.

Like, don't get me wrong, I get you: Getting grades like that HURT. That said, I would not 100% freak out about it.

I don’t know if things very on a governmental or school level, but over here a 67% is a failing grade.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know if things very on a governmental or school level, but over here a 67% is a failing grade.

Oh, wow. Here, it's 50%.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pikachu can't do anything wrong. If the episode consisted of nothing except Pikachu on a stage, moving to the PokeRap and occasionally thundershocking, with a very passive Pokemon audience watching, and an Oddish was in the front seats of that audience, we'd sooner see Oddish gone than Pikachu.😛

And you're right in that Porygon is the victim here, all because it was their debut episode. Porygon 2 and Z never made proper anime appearances either. I wouldn't entirely be surprised if it turned out prior anime episodes had had lighting effects that, while not as bad as the infamous episode, were red flags that the incident could happen at some point.

Honestly, I can't imagine what would've happened if it had been a more vanilla episode, without any extraordinary new Pokemon showing, that had been the calamitous event.

Maybe not now, but back in 1997...

I mean, one can infer they may have been ready for that possibility, when you consider the following episode: Pikachu's Goodbye. It was made during the hiatus the anime went through after the incident, and could easily be edited to have Pikachu leave for real, had the executives decided it should be.

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD.

ON A WHIM I ADDED A TRANSITION WORD/PHRASE AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY SENTENCE I REASONABLY COULD BECAUSE I KNEW THAT THE PROGRAM LIKED THOSE AND MY SCORE INCREASED EXPONENTIALLY! IN EVERY CATEGORY! 4.8 OVERALL!!!

I BROKE THE SYSTEM! AHAHAHAHA! Now to just hope it’s not too late...

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh, wow. Here, it's 50%.

To pass here you have to be at a 70% or above. 🦅🇺🇸

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD.

ON A WHIM I ADDED A TRANSITION WORD/PHRASE AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY SENTENCE I REASONABLY COULD BECAUSE I KNEW THAT THE PROGRAM LIKED THOSE AND MY SCORE INCREASED EXPONENTIALLY! IN EVERY CATEGORY! 4.8 OVERALL!!!

I BROKE THE SYSTEM! AHAHAHAHA! Now to just hope it’s not too late...

The system finally recognizes a genius at work.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

What have they done to public schools...

Remember, you're Americans, not American'ts!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, i got to the part in Baten Kaitos Origins where this place (or at least the first instance)

Ngl, this song was the main reason why i wanted to jump into Origins shortly after beating Eternal Wings. Did not think i'd be hearing it this early tho.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah it's official, if Lego Star Wars isn't announced I won't even be mad just because I'll get to see this beanie guy unleash the full extent of his fury. He's barely containing it as it is!

Speaking of Lego Star Wars, i just found out that Spring 2021 was the current estimated release window.

...i doubt it.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

https://nintendoeverything.com/balan-wonderworld-final-boss-fight-has-possibility-of-causing-seizures/

As if this game couldn't get any worse. The Computer Soldier Porygon Incident was 1997! How'd they not notice the pre-title screen warnings about flashing lights and epilepsy that many games have included since the GameCube era?

That's very not good.

I know it occasionally happens with some movies even today but at least with movies, you can just close your eyes. You can't close your eyes when playing a game.

59 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, are we blaming SE now? Can we blame them for the destruction of Xenosaga?

That wasn't Square Enix's fault.

You're thinking of Xenogears.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Really?

What have they done to public schools...

Did you not attend public school?

I mean, education is left up to the state government with a few hard rules being set by the federal government, I would think a fair passing grade would be one of them, but eh.

For some reason, I have this very strong feeling that the due date was Wednesday for missing stuff. I feel like I heard that at some point or another, so I hope it was a different class or just my brain being weird.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Well, in terms of release years:

Yakuza and Yakuza 2 (PS2 era) were 2005 and 2006, respectively. 3, 4 and 5 were PS3 and were '09, '10 and the end of '12.* After that, we got Yakuza 0 in '15, Kiwami 1 in early 2016, The Song of Life in late 2016, followed by Kiwami 2 in late 2017 and Judgement in 2018; Like a Dragon was in mid 2020. So it is rather unlikely, but early footage or trailers aren't completely absurd.

*Spin-offs Kenzan! Dead Souls and Ishin! also came out in 2008, 2011 and 2014, respectively.**

** Kenzan! and Ishin! have yet to be localized.

Very irrelevant, but I felt like pointing out that these are the Japanese releases. The worldwide ones are usually four-to-six months back.

This Shertan village arc in Baten Kaitos sucks. It's literally just "hey, let's walk around the village talking to literally everyone until you find a quest that needs to be done so you can progress the plot. Repeat two-three times".

I hate when RPGs just tell me to "wander around until the plot says you're allowed to move on". Probably one of my biggest pet peeves with the genre.