• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Then again, everyone just kinda sucked in comparison to Zayid haha. Man was the MVP.

Ohohohoho, you've seen nothing. If you think Zayid is that strong in VS1, well....

I'm sure the other forumers will show what I mean once they get there, lol.

Had to send in my laptop for a possible repair, so I’m stuck typing on a tablet for the next few days.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'd argue it's precisely because Kaga is retired that he was able to do it. He made Vestaria simply because he could, there was no deadline, no requirements from investors or publishers, etc. Vestaria's only true limits were the fact that it was being made on a barebones version of SRPG Studio.

I shouldn’t excuse the faults of various games simply because developers faced deadlines and whatnot, but there is a point here. I’ve heard of modders and fans of game mods and fangames who whine “the dev team at *insert company here* is incompetent” because of what fans have done. It’s not always fair, if not always wrong either, to make this criticism. Fans do what they do in their free time, no constraints, because they want to.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20210423-171950.png?width=292

SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE

So they give us an actual FFVII remake, but’s gatcha?

Well, this is Square, and Nomura is the guy who made a gatcha with important plot details for the future of KH.

It could simply be the nature of the Japanese gaming market as well.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

UG2yO6a.png

tfw

As BrightBow said, you can repeat this event so treat your gold like Excelblem treats his generics haha.

But really tho, gold isn't too much of an issue in this game because King Cezar is a good fella who will happily provide you funds.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I’ve heard of modders and fans of game mods and fangames who whine “the dev team at *insert company here* is incompetent” because of what fans have done. It’s not always fair, if not always wrong either, to make this criticism. Fans do what they do in their free time, no constraints, because they want to.

Yeah, that's basically my stance on it. I don't like to compare mods/fangames to official stuff because the former simply has all the time in the world to be perfected while the latter doesn't. It's also why i don't like "here i fixed it for you" mods (unless the game seriously needs it).

But as you said, not every fault should be excused on "the deadline".

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, the game is mobile so it might not have come to a surprise.

Then again, FF15 Pocket is the full game and that's on mobile. One-time payment.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering the size of it's mobile market and the shifts towards it that have occurred (It was a long term part of Konami's strategy for years), it's a pretty easy assumption.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Then again, FF15 Pocket is the full game and that's on mobile. One-time payment.

Square are weird like that, making stuff like All The Bravest and also making ports of so many other games as well.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As BrightBow said, you can repeat this event so treat your gold like Excelblem treats his generics haha.

But really tho, gold isn't too much of an issue in this game because King Cezar is a good fella who will happily provide you funds.

Money is super tight in this game.

I wonder if Shrimp bought a Wargoddess Sword. That sword does everything. Huge magic damage. Huge Resistance Buff. Critical hit immunity...
I always intend to buy 2 of those, but I just never have the cash.

Edited by BrightBow

@Saint Rubenio, I'm doing an FE11 draft, and you'll be please to know that Matthis has had by far the best levels thus far. Followed by Bord.

...Also, I had first pick in the draft, and I chose Castor, then Matthis...

25 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Your rank attempt:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/027/858/Screen_Shot_2018-12-13_at_10.17.23_AM.png

Hahahaha... Oh, well, it's not important. My goal was the furniture, anyway.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

UG2yO6a.png

tfw

Have them speak as often as possible. He'll often give her cash. Cezar is awesome like that.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

@Saint Rubenio, I'm doing an FE11 draft, and you'll be please to know that Matthis has had by far the best levels thus far. Followed by Bord.

...Also, I had first pick in the draft, and I chose Castor, then Matthis...

Y E S

You do me proud, Ben.

Now get him to one-shot Camus.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I wonder if Shrimp bought a Wargoddess Sword

I got one.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I always intend to buy 2 of those, but I just never have the cash.

I could've bought a 2nd, but that would've meant leaving my army without weapons xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I could've bought a 2nd, but that would've meant leaving my army without weapons xD

Yeah. There is so much stuff you need to buy on that map. For Theo alone, you probably want to buy at least two fire tomes since they don't have a lot of durability.

I do really love how in Vestaria any type of spirit magic deals effective damage against a major unit type.

From what I recall Fire is effective against Infantry, Ice against Cavalry and fliers and Thunder destroys armors.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

38 atk ambush spawns. Nice...

You don't want to spawn camp that one.

Thing is, the game actually spawns enemies both at the beginning AND the end of enemy phase onto the same tile. In other words, the dangerous guys can only spawn if you kill the weak guys spawning inside the cave before they get the chance to leave it.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

You don't want to spawn camp that one.

Thing is, the game actually spawns enemies both at the beginning AND the end of enemy phase onto the same tile. In other words, the dangerous guys can only spawn if you kill the weak guys spawning inside the cave before they get the chance to leave it.

I see...

Honestly, i am just camping until i figure what to do with the dragon door

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I see...

Honestly, i am just camping until i figure what to do with the dragon door

You mean opening the door without getting Cezar targeted by the dragon? Should be easy enough. Just keep in mind the dragon deals magic damage.