Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Screenshot_20210423-150128.png

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

cxri4C0.png

Gotta say, this is starting to feel more like Berwick but with Squares rather than Thracia 2.0 as people were saying xD

How so?

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

cxri4C0.png

Gotta say, this is starting to feel more like Berwick but with Squares rather than Thracia 2.0 as people were saying xD

Is this because of the busy maps with tons of goals and objectives? That's the biggest similarity I can come up with.

9 minutes ago, Spara said:

Hah!

You, uh... you might like Silvanister then. It's even more Berwick-y in some ways!

Hello, and welcome to Ruben playing HSoS immediately because it was compared to Berwick.

...Ok no, I still need to defend Baston, beat up the one shitstain with the stache and the long hair, and then become the Hero of the Sagas.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

when i eventually get to it (if i like VS1 enough) i will nned your help with the whole textractor thing, because holding the mobile for every piece of text will feel like a pain xD

If only someone traslated the text somewhere, then i could play it like played Thracia back then, with jp game on one side and tl in another window haha

Zephgarus has his docs that go all the way up to chapter 18. Unfortunately, he's rather slow about it, so who knows when the remaining 7 chapters will be done.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is this because of the busy maps with tons of goals and objectives? That's the biggest similarity I can come up with

yeah.

Zephgarus has his docs that go all the way up to chapter 18. Unfortunately, he's rather slow about it, so who knows when the remaining 7 chapters will be done.

oh? With whole text and stuff tl'd?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Thracia didn't have (as) many map events or sidequest for Gold

Ah.

I remember the event with the statue that you just did but I can't really recall any other events in the game.

Well there is that event in the desert map.

Hello, and welcome to Ruben playing HSoS immediately because it was compared to Berwick.

...Ok no, I still need to defend Baston, beat up the one shitstain with the stache and the long hair, and then become the Hero of the Sagas.

You also need to play Awakening first.

Look at it this way, if you end up not liking Awakening, you can take solace in the fact that you'll be replacing it with a game you like.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Chapter 18 is also untranslated. 17 is translated, though, and that map is great. 

The one bit of advice I have, and one thing I did miss: IIRC there's a ring you can get in Ch18, the Seal of Cordia, which is PRF to a later character. I lost track of mine, sadly, but you don't really need it at all. It just would've let me save like one turn. Though I also might've missed it 'cuz I was still figuring out Tex.

Edited by Spara

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

oh? With whole text and stuff tl'd?

Yes, full translation docs. Only problem is, as I said, it only goes up to chapter 18 17 at the moment.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You also need to play Awakening first.

I... really don't think I will, sorry. It can wait until after HSoS, because let's be real, my chances of enjoying HSoS are far higher.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Look at it this way, if you end up not liking Awakening, you can take solace in the fact that you'll be replacing it with a game you like.

I mean, yeah, but on the other hand, it's already a game that I have next to no expectations for. If on top of that I have the promise of Kaga jank right afterwards, it'll take little more than a stiff breeze to make me quit.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

The one bit of advice I have, and one thing I did miss: IIRC there's a ring you can get in Ch18, the Seal of Cordia, which is PRF to a later character. I lost track of mine, sadly, but you don't really need it at all. It just would've let me save like one turn. Though I also might've missed it 'cuz I was still figuring out Tex.

Duly noted for then.

...why do i feel like did something wrong by bringing the statue to that guy? xD

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, full translation docs. Only problem is, as I said, it only goes up to chapter 18 17 at the moment

nice nice!

Edited by Shrimperor

Oh, okay. I just made Textractor work... I think. Turns out, if I start the game from Textractor, the program shits its pants, scientifically speaking. If I start Vestaria 2 and then hook it to Textractor, it works better.

On the other hand, the quality is... uh...

"In addition, this game is "try many times" thailand of the old age time, guts, and physical strength to play. It is necessary. Anyone can clear it like a recent game Please note that it is not made so."

I mean, I'll make do, but... sheesh.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

What'd I miss?*

Also, Nioh is currently just 17 CAD (I guess about 15 USD) on Steam! I may try to pick it up...

Pinging @twilitfalchion 'cause it sorta seems like the kind of game you'd like.

*RIP Awakening, I guess.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

What'd I miss?

I'm back to my normal self. Reuben fell after an epic anime battle. I have returned to being an elitist as usual.

...No, wait, you were around then - damnit, I can never figure out your schedule. Stop being Canadian and be European like all the normal folks!

Also, I just got Textractor to work with Vestaria Saga 2. The translation describes the game as "thailand of the old age."

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

The translation describes the game as "thailand of the old age."

Is this Textractor's attempt to CURRY favor with you?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I just got Textractor to work with Vestaria Saga 2. The translation describes the game as "thailand of the old age."

To be fair, this sounds only slightly worse then the previous Tear Ring Saga translation.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On the other hand, the quality is... uh...

"In addition, this game is "try many times" thailand of the old age time, guts, and physical strength to play. It is necessary. Anyone can clear it like a recent game Please note that it is not made so."

I mean, I'll make do, but... sheesh.

Yeah. I only ever used it for dialogue, the little alert boxes, and objective types. That's basically it, but even then, the dialogue did get a bit funky at times (the amount of times "deded" was said was quite funny). There are thankfully few new skills to memorize; the only one that's annoying is Deathmatch, but you get access to it before the like 2 enemies in the whole game that have it.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

h1sXLok.png

Chaos vs. Faye 2.0?

Now that you mention it, I suppose they do both have the habit of ending up as a bloody smear on the floor.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

h1sXLok.png

Chaos vs. Faye 2.0?

General Haldyn, you're shorter than I expected.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Yeah. I only ever used it for dialogue, the little alert boxes, and objective types. That's basically it, but even then, the dialogue did get a bit funky at times (the amount of times "deded" was said was quite funny). There are thankfully few new skills to memorize; the only one that's annoying is Deathmatch, but you get access to it before the like 2 enemies in the whole game that have it.

I'm not worried about skills. Aggro's sheet seems complete in that regard.

Okay, so I tried giving it a quick shot, and when dialogue started it was too much for the program to handle. The following error kept showing up for every new line of dialogue:  "StatusCode":429,"ShowCaptcha":true

Oh, well. I mean, for the first 17 chapters it won't matter. Problem will be afterwards... Meh.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

h1sXLok.png

Chaos vs. Faye 2.0?

Oh yeah, Valerius! He's fun.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...why do i feel like did something wrong by bringing the statue to that guy? xD

Oh yeah, i think that guy was a thief or something. You then chase him down and introduce him to the sharp end of your sword.

I think, i'm only vaguely remembering.