Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just finished VS1 for the third time. Forgot how wait-spammy Ch20 was at the end. Not as big a fan of it after that, though the rest of the map was quite good to play quickly - better than I thought. 

Now, do I play HSoS again and see if I find maps like Ch20 more tolerable, or do I opt for memes and play TLP for the first time? Decisions, decisions.

• Replies 177.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

This has been a really sad day. My dog died, she was old, older than the high mark of life expectancy for her breed, and her health was failing, but she still had that Chow stubbornness to her all the way to the end, and damned if she didn't keep finding moments to show off her goofy happiness despite the hardships. It feels so inevitable and sudden all at once, and there is this strange regrets on both sides, that I could have spared her the pain that made such piteous sounds if we had taken the writing on the walls earlier, despite her attitude, or on the other that we didn't give her the chance to stubbornly fight on anyway. Its strange that I keep thinking of this song for her, but despite the meaning it just makes me cry anyway.

18 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This has been a really sad day. My dog died, she was old, older than the high mark of life expectancy for her breed, and her health was failing, but she still had that Chow stubbornness to her all the way to the end, and damned if she didn't keep finding moments to show off her goofy happiness despite the hardships. It feels so inevitable and sudden all at once, and there is this strange regrets on both sides, that I could have spared her the pain that made such piteous sounds if we had taken the writing on the walls earlier, despite her attitude, or on the other that we didn't give her the chance to stubbornly fight on anyway. Its strange that I keep thinking of this song for her, but despite the meaning it just makes me cry anyway.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

21 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This has been a really sad day. My dog died,

I'm so sorry to hear that...

Damn, all of you'd best buy some Goddess icons so that your luck stats increase, you guys deserve that...

23 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you!

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'm so sorry to hear that...

Damn, all of you'd best buy some Goddess icons so that your luck stats increase, you guys deserve that...

Thanks for your condolences, and hopefully my irl luck turns around. Far too many people I have cared about have passed these last two year (oddly enough none by the pandemic though...)

3 hours ago, Benice said:

...How are y'all gettng through Trails so quick?! I was 23 hours in after getting Olivier!

Ummmm, good luck? Xd

Honestly, as an avid rpg player, I'm used to the gameplay, I feel right at home.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am so sorry that happened. If you ever want to talk, or if there’s anything I can do for you, let me know.

Cleared out almost the entirety of the second major area in SteamWorld Dig 2, but there is an annoying 7% of secret area not found. Maybe the final lantern upgrade can help with that once it's available. Although reviews had told given me an idea of it in advance, the middle-of-the-game horror moment still got me. Being I'm a huge coward, that is absolutely no surprise whatsoever. Considering I can tell what is 95% certain to happen in the game's ending, I do hope they don't make it too saddening when I get to it. The lighthearted item descriptions keep me smiling through this. -Now if only uploading Switch screenshots wasn't so cumbersome.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

My condolences, as a fellow dog owner I've had my own losses. When you take them into your heart, nothing, even when you acknowledge they're old, spares you from the pain of seeing them leave. You can only hope it happens peacefully, but, as I've learned, there is no guarantee of that. 

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone loves Trails. That isn't good. The contrarian in me, the part of me that makes me bench Camilla and Xander, now wants to hate it.

How Saint Rubenio greets his old friend, the Trails of series:

Edited by Wraith

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sorry for your loss, may your dog rest in peace.

TIL Wraith was right and TMS is apparently a result of the bad ending for (N)MotE.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

TIL Wraith was right and TMS is apparently a result of the bad ending for (N)MotE.

Yes I was right, but not for the reasons you stated. TMS # FE is not the result of the bad ending of (N)MotE or any other game, it was birthed from nothing more or less then pure madness.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

TMS # FE is not the result of the bad ending of (N)MotE or any other game, it was birthed from nothing more or less then pure madness.

I mean, I'll link the theory here.

I know we don't agree this comes from the Chaotic realm but even then I wouldn't know where specifically (I can't tell which gods are which, the only one springing to mind is Slannesh and even with what little I think I know about I don't think that's it)

Edited by Dayni

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I am so sorry that happened. If you ever want to talk, or if there’s anything I can do for you, let me know.

Thanks Sooks. Honestly just having the chance to write up my feeling about her death there helped a lot.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My condolences, as a fellow dog owner I've had my own losses. When you take them into your heart, nothing, even when you acknowledge they're old, spares you from the pain of seeing them leave. You can only hope it happens peacefully, but, as I've learned, there is no guarantee of that. 

Thank you, your statement was as true as can be. I hope you have a furry little friend nearby that can give extra pets just for me. Also I find your current Profile Picture a little comforting, as it clearly takes inspiration from the Chinese guardian lion statues, which I have always though were modeled after the Puffy Lion Dog (a direct translation of the Chinese name for the Chow-Chow, which was the breed of my dog) which where often breed and used to guard temples.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Sorry for your loss, may your dog rest in peace.

Thank you Dayni

42 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, I'll link the theory here.

I know we don't agree this comes from the Chaotic realm but even then I wouldn't know where specifically (I can't tell which gods are which, the only one springing to mind is Slannesh and even with what little I think I know about I don't think that's it)

...Heretics...Heretics who have sold their souls to the Ruinous Powers!

9 hours ago, Spara said:

Just finished VS1 for the third time. Forgot how wait-spammy Ch20 was at the end. Not as big a fan of it after that, though the rest of the map was quite good to play quickly - better than I thought. 

Now, do I play HSoS again and see if I find maps like Ch20 more tolerable, or do I opt for memes and play TLP for the first time? Decisions, decisions.

T H I S

D I V I N E

L I G H T N I N G

S H A L L

P I E R C E

T H E

S K I E S

Consider that my answer.

Also, it is the game with the dancer light mage lord that promotes 8 chapters after he joins and gains staves and renewal. I still find it funny how after all this time, he remains one of the most fun, powerful and unique lords in any hack. Even the most recent hacks just love their boring swordies, though they tend to be mercenaries rather than proper lords, because everyone loves Ike, right? It really is quite ironic how the "rough mercenary protagonist" became the Marth lord of hacks...

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Losing a pet is never easy. My condolences, Eltosian.

12 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Now that's a tier list worth following. Finally.

Him talking about Altena reminded me of the big tiering of Genealogy that happened years ago and how low he rated her.

That goes way back.

Sylvis feels so good to use with all those fun skills of her's, as well as the general flexibility of bows.

I do like Faye for similar reason. With her massive weapon skill, she can use the game's large assortment of swords and greatswords extremely effectively. And of course command skill Astra never gets old.

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Dogs become more than just a companion when you're with them for long enough. And every day when you are with them feels special, and you should treasure those feelings and memories that you shared together. 

Also, i'm sorry for your loss.