Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You could make cases for other hacks (SGW, VQ, etc) but they also start with swordies first...

Funnily enough, I find the non-swordie lords of SGW to be way more boring than the swordie lord. Astrea seems generic at first glance, but then she starts getting magic and she becomes a great pseudo-mage with SGW's badass magic swords, and then she promotes and becomes just plain glorious. Meanwhile, there's Daedalus, who is literally just Hector. He's the most boring unit in the entire game!

53 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

on the other hand i think i will put many or even most of Berwick's in top unit Feel. Unit design is really 👌 in Berwick.

It really is one of its greatest strengths.

So, an update on the Conquest thingy. I've tried to take Leo back into the team, but there's a problem: he has 16 speed. He gets doubled by everything. I pondered deeply who I should bring along instead. Considered Flora, Izana again... But I've decided, there's someone else. Someone... funnier. You'll see soon.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So, an update on the Conquest thingy. I've tried to take Leo back into the team, but there's a problem: he has 16 speed. He gets doubled by everything.

The Leo experience. He is always one of my weaker units.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Someone... funnier. You'll see soon.

oh?

expectations.png

> One day of sun.
> It's 27 degrees Celsius.
> I can finally open my windows again, and get some fresh air.
> Construction noises.
> Barbecue stench.

fml

Edited by DragonFlames

26 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Whoa... harsh criticism. But okay, i'll bite, why do you feel that way?

To look into the abyss is to know it’s malicious will, it’s burning hatred for all that is just in this world. By looking at TMS #FE you and I have looked into that abyss. The question now becomes what will you do with this knowledge lightcosmo?

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Interest in the series dropped off for me around the time of Gen IV (the spin-offs kept me going, though), and I completely dropped out during Gen VI.

Me, I actually didn't keep up with the series after Crystal so I didn't realise it had kept going until I learned about it again in Gen 4. Gen 4 was my comeback and I still think the best mainline titles are in the DS era. I've tried Ranger and PMD Blue and never got to finishing them or getting too deep into them.

.3DS certainly was my point of disappointment and I didn't take the handling of SwSh very well, so I never picked it up. We'll see what happens from here, but it might be too late for future titles, I'll be a bit more wary thanks to the last while.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But I've decided, there's someone else. Someone... funnier. You'll see soon.

Is this a redemption for Odin?

Funnier for you though...... I feel like you're not fond of plenty of units who've been dropped, but I'm going to suspect Kana's involved somehow.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oh?

expectations.png

Heh heh... I will share the newcomer soon.

Just now, Dayni said:

Is this a redemption for Odin?

Not even close.

Just now, Dayni said:

Funnier for you though...... I feel like you're not fond of plenty of units who've been dropped, but I'm going to suspect Kana's involved somehow.

Ever-so-slightly closer, but not quite on the money yet...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ever-so-slightly closer, but not quite on the money yet...

Nina? Dwyer?

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I hope you have a furry little friend nearby that can give extra pets just for me. Also I find your current Profile Picture a little comforting, as it clearly takes inspiration from the Chinese guardian lion statues, which I have always though were modeled after the Puffy Lion Dog (a direct translation of the Chinese name for the Chow-Chow, which was the breed of my dog) which where often breed and used to guard temples.

I do, including my own little "lion dog", except it's a Shih Tzu. 

I wasn't aware there was another Chinese breed that was also a lion dog. Thank you for mentioning that.

My profile picture is of Tama from Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, the familiar contained in a broken sword that once was a great blade belonging to a warrior god. Tama has a kind old butler personality, and accompanies his liege's daughter, the spoiled Sakuna. I found it adorable when she hugged him. -Just explaining this.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, that TMS thing, right?
Never really cared for that, in all honesty. I know some people here like it, but the whole idol theme is not my thing.

The idol thing is pure window dressing for the story junk, none of the gameplay is rhythm-based or in any other way related to "idol games".

I was, like many, in a fury capable of destroying a planetary system when the game was revealed to be what it truly was. But then I cooled down, and perhaps begrudgingly I admit, bought it anyhow because it people were saying it was sufficiently SMT in its gameplay, I WOULD

As it turned out, the gameplay indeed was satisfactorily SMT, with fairly nice difficulty throughout on Hard. Perhaps too hard for a few boss battles. And the dungeon-crawling was rather good. While the game could've used more FE, it had enough touches to appease me. And I gotta say I do love the game's stylistic flair most of the time. As for the story and characters, I stopped worrying and just took it all in, no point in getting bothered by silly stuff.

...I get tired of being one of the few who like this game and having to give my positive opinion on it. Can someone else please step up to the task? I'm not calling the game perfect, I shall admit to the issues it has, no game is perfect, and I can see why people would be disappointed by it. But the purest vitriol it has gotten is overblown, so I feel like I have to once in a while provide an explanatory counter of some sort to those who are listening to the acid, but aren't themselves geysers spewing it. TMS#FE is like a 7-8/10 game for me. It is nowhere near a 9, but the game still deserves someone who argues in favor of those points it is debatably worth, because the game is all alone in the darkness. "Victory has a hundred fathers, defeat is an orphan" -so the saying goes.

48 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's basically you using the same 5 options of attack the entire game on a repetitive basis cause the way it's setup, you have no choices. 

I will say that SMT has made weakness-targeting perhaps too powerful ever since Nocturne. In a sense it's worse than Pokemon.

And yet, I do think that RPGs rarely force you to diversify your attack usage all that much. You use what works, and most often what works reliably.

-Also, just to clarify, I am not calling you one of those vicious mustard gas belching haters of TMS. I can see your criticism is mild in tone, and I thank you for that! I respond less to whether someone dislikes a game or something therein that I like, and more to how they express it. I accept that differing opinions exist, all I ask is that people try to keep it generally diplomatic.

Nonetheless, I felt as though I should provide my contrasting opinion for a more balanced perspective for the uninformed. We needn't argue, I'm not looking for a scrap. You go your way and I go mine.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah Idol culture can be bleh

TRIGGER WARNING! Not for the faint of heart!

I'm not sure whether it is for the better or worse that TMS skips the terrible dark side of the idol stuff.

I did read once of a milder dark side incident wherein a girl shaved her head and cried in some kind of "confession" that she didn't really need to make, but did because she felt she had violated the overly strict restraints on what idols are allowed to do. She wasn't truly in the wrong, the industry she was trapped in was.

Without being a scholar on the subject, I ponder if it is a combination of Japan's emphasis on community over individuality, combined with a measure of "women on a pedestal" misogyny. -Not to say such tragic acts are impossible in proudly individualistic America!, they could and likely do absolutely happen, I'm no crazy nationalist or egoist.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Already using Nina. Dwyer doesn't exist. Think even funnier.

Did you manage to make Ignatius a mage somehow?

Missed idol talk! Woo!

And as for games I very strongly dislike, I don’t really have any. I mean sure there are games I didn’t really like that much, but nothing that will send me into a fiery rant just because it was mentioned and no series that I’ve left.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Thanks Sooks. Honestly just having the chance to write up my feeling about her death there helped a lot.

You’re welcome!

I hope you have a furry little friend nearby that can give extra pets just for me.

I do! Four in fact.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I would but every Elibe unit on bad unit feel because i see em all as boring to use. Most of FE8 as well except for like, Myrrh, maybe.

Someone never used the trainees.

Yeah Idol culture can be bleh

TRIGGER WARNING! Not for the faint of heart!

Reveal hidden contents

21.png?v222.png?v2

What is that a chapter of? Or what chapters were being referenced?

That, and i brought it to myself considering i just got the whole subforum into Trails last week lol

VMBlr0q.jpg

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So, an update on the Conquest thingy. I've tried to take Leo back into the team, but there's a problem: he has 16 speed. He gets doubled by everything. I pondered deeply who I should bring along instead. Considered Flora, Izana again... But I've decided, there's someone else. Someone... funnier. You'll see soon.

Haitaka.

Although if they’re slightly closer to Kana... Nyx, maybe?

Edited by Sooks

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Wait, since when?

I don’t know, I wasn’t around for that part. I don’t really know about the knights of teehee actually.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet, I do think that RPGs rarely force you to diversify your attack usage all that much. You use what works, and most often what works reliably.

-Also, just to clarify, I am not calling you one of those vicious mustard gas belching haters of TMS. I can see your criticism is mild in tone, and I thank you for that! I respond less to whether someone dislikes a game or something therein that I like, and more to how they express it. I accept that differing opinions exist, all I ask is that people try to keep it generally diplomatic.

Nonetheless, I felt as though I should provide my contrasting opinion for a more balanced perspective for the uninformed. We needn't argue, I'm not looking for a scrap. You go your way and I go mine.

I dont think it's bad, but I do think they should have given characters some more options of attack.

Dont get me wrong, I liked the cast, and everything else was fine, just the battle system was flawed a bit. 

Adding more attacks really would have been nice for the Switch version. That's what I think, though. Xd

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I get tired of being one of the few who like this game and having to give my positive opinion on it. Can someone else please step up to the task?

I'm still waiting to see it for cheap enough.

It's not like these other people don't exist, but TeeHee doesn't seem like the place to find them.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was, like many, in a fury capable of destroying a planetary system when the game was revealed to be what it truly was.

I see, so that's what Wraith would be firing on it.

Bottled rage.

I know we have arguments on here, but at least we don't go quite down to a certain level.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Did you manage to make Ignatius a mage somehow?

Man, you're all so off. I would've thought it'd be obvious!

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And as for games I very strongly dislike, I don’t really have any. I mean sure there are games I didn’t really like that much, but nothing that will send me into a fiery rant just because it was mentioned and no series that I’ve left.

You can consider yourself lucky for that. I only really have one game of that kind, and it's not pleasant.

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Haitaka.

Wha-- No! I said "newcomer"! Haitaka has missed like, one paralogue since he joined!

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Although if they’re slightly closer to Kana... Nyx, maybe?

Okay, clearly I have to come out with it, because you guys are hopeless.

All right, chapter Sakura is over. I used it and invasion 2 to get the mysterious person to catch up, and I believe he's ready to be shown to the world. Behold!

Rl2agvdy o

Better than Leo.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, chapter Sakura is over. I used it and invasion 2 to get the mysterious person to catch up, and I believe he's ready to be shown to the world. Behold!

Rl2agvdy o

Better than Leo.

Yeah, see I presumed the unit might use magic.

Even still I didn't know what paralogue bosses you'd caught besides Mr. Cleavage.

Just now, Dayni said:

Yeah, see I presumed the unit might use magic.

Well, you presumed wrong. If I wanted a magician I would've just grabbed Izana again. Which I probably will, when the game gives me the last deployment slot.

Just now, Dayni said:

Even still I didn't know what paralogue bosses you'd caught besides Mr. Cleavage.

It's more like Mr. Breast, actually. With the extra n it'd be something like "Breasst." Still hilarious.

And c'mon, did you really think I'd get Forrest but not Gazak? Please. You know who I am.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rl2agvdy o

ye he is one of the stronger capturables

and 56 fucking crit oh boy

And which blow is that? The +crit or +hit one?

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I still plan to play TMS someday. Either i will love it or hate it, i know no inbetween will exist when it comes to it lol.

anyway,

That is "scratch my ears" tier noise design.

No, I will not denigrate the term sound design.

It's more like Mr. Breast, actually. With the extra n it'd be something like "Breasst." Still hilarious.

Mr. Cleavage clearly didn't sound enough like Mr Clean.

And c'mon, did you really think I'd get Forrest but not Gazak? Please. You know who I am.

I had mistakenly thought you hadn't managed to get the paralogue because Leo kept dying.