Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So does that mean you won?

No, it means I was psyching myself for the encounter.

So far, it's being... Way better than last time, but I still hate this map's guts. So long, so unforgiving, so insufferable. Though at least this time I'm not wasting my time. Using save states from the start. Haven't needed them yet, thankfully. I hope I never do.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, it means I was psyching myself for the encounter.

So far, it's being... Way better than last time, but I still hate this map's guts. So long, so unforgiving, so insufferable. Though at least this time I'm not wasting my time. Using save states from the start. Haven't needed them yet, thankfully. I hope I never do.

Good luck.

Well, holy fucking shit. I ended up not needing them! I'm so proud of me!

...is what I would be saying if Takumi wasn't a horrendously designed, piece of shit, luck-based, Henning-tier boss. What's that? Takumi decided to proc Vengeance? Too bad! Fuck you in the ass, redo the entire map!

Well, you know what? Fuck you in the ass, I'm cheating. Load state!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Screenshot_20210509-145112.png?width=299

40 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I liked watching the characters grow and mature, then the endgame kinda just does a 180.

How?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

You call that cheating, i call that using very valid tools.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You call that cheating, i call that using very valid tools.

It just annoys me so much, because I somehow got through the entire map legit. I was improvising half the time, but I actually managed to defeat each group of enemies, by the skin of my teeth. I was so proud of myself and the team. We did it! We were badasses!

And then Takumi procced the wrong luck-based skill that is impossible to avoid and erased the last hour of my life. Or, well, he would have.

What was the need for that? Rend Heaven is bad enough, but Vengeance straight up punishes you just for fighting the goddamned boss!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't blame ya.

I mean, it can be beat legit, but I do not blame you.

Screenshot_20210509-145112.png?width=299

I don't know the source of the meme, but I cannot complain.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What was the need for that? Rend Heaven is bad enough, but Vengeance straight up punishes you just for fighting the goddamned boss!

It's an argument for brave weapon attacks in fairness, but yeah you're only lucky if Vengeance procs when he's nearer to full health.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Brave weapons, attack stance, etc..

There are many options to attack Takumi without him getting a hit in

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Don't blame ya.

I mean, it can be beat legit, but I do not blame you.

Yeah, if you get lucky, you can.

God, what a map. At least it's over now.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Brave weapons, attack stance, etc..

There are many options to attack Takumi without him getting a hit in

Yeah, Edgiest Ka could've one-rounded him with lightning and the correct attack stance.

Or, she could've missed one of her 74s and gotten murdered in return. So still luck-based.

Look, all I'm saying is that the shitty luck-based skills didn't need to be there. I really don't think it's such an unreasonable complaint, is it? Just because there are ways to skip the battle by one-rounding him with a brave weapon doesn't mean the boss is well made. After all, you can warp Lara to the throne room in Thracia 12x and get all the rewards without even fighting a single enemy. Would you say that makes it a great map?

I get that he's supposed to be really powerful - and hey, he is! His damage is really high and he doubles a lot of people! But did they really have to give him a flat chance to murder literally anybody if you don't one-round him? I'm sorry, but they made a mistake here. There's no reason why they should leave the final encounter of the game's longest map up to chance like this. It doesn't kill the entire game, but no game is perfect, and this right here is a flaw, I think.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Or, she could've missed one of her 74s and gotten murdered in return. So still luck-based.

Freeze staff!

or the -20 avo skill

etc

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Look, all I'm saying is that the shitty luck-based skills didn't need to be there. I really don't think it's such an unreasonable complaint, is it?

no, i agree with you there. I hate proc skills as well. That's something Echoes and 3H have over conquest: They changed alot of the proc skill to passive, trigger ones and combat arts

Freeze staff!

or the -20 avo skill

etc

Yeah, actually, come to think about it, Forrest could've stood next to him and that would've been it. So I could've one rounded him.

But that's me in this particular run. The game shouldn't assume every player will be in a good enough situation that they can one-round Takumi. That's the most basic rule of game design lol

no, i agree with you there. I hate proc skills as well. That's something Echoes and 3H have over conquest: They changed alot of the proc skill to passive, trigger ones and combat arts

I'm glad we agree there, but I wouldn't call this a flaw of Conquest as a whole. Conquest has very few proc skills. There's just these few particular scenarios where they rear their ugly heads, like Takumi. Doesn't kill the game, but I wish they hadn't done that.

Still, I'm not as angry as I was last time I played this map. Takumi still sucks, but beyond that I had a better time with the map in this case. Still among my least favorites from the game, but it was not as bad as last time.

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I don't know the source of the meme, but I cannot complain.

The source is from the season finale of Invincible.

thinkmarkthumbnail.PNG

which is very good (as is the comic which i just finished reading earlier today) but it's also very brutal. This show does not hesitate to get very gory and i can't recommend it if that's something you can't stand.

Trust me, what you're seeing in the image pales in comparison to how brutal the show and comic can get.

Edited by Armagon

I wouldn't call this a flaw of Conquest as a whole.

It's something FE has honestly suffered from since the introduction of skills in FE4.

Why the hell it took them until echoes to change that i would never know. Same like i wouldn't know why Kaga decided to return to proc in vestaria after he changed them to passives and trigger/Combat Arts in Berwick.

Then again i am one of those people who don't like too much RNG

thinkmarkthumbnail.PNG

which is very good (as is the comic which i just finished reading earlier today) but it's also very brutal. This show does not hesitate to get very gory and i can't recommend it if that's something you can't stand.

Trust me, what you're seeing in the image pales in comparison to how brutal the show and comic can get.

He looks like a superpowered J Jonah Jameson.

"WHY DID YOU MAKE ME DO THIS? You're snapping with your mobile phone and you're sitting on the ground so you couldn't get a good picture anyway! YOU COULDN'T DO YOUR JOB SO OF COURSE YOU GOT FIRED! THINK PARKER!"

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's something FE has honestly suffered from since the introduction of skills in FE4.

Why the hell it took them until echoes to change that i would never know. Same like i wouldn't know why Kaga decided to return to proc in vestaria after he changed them to passives and trigger/Combat Arts in Berwick.

Then again i am one of those people who don't like too much RNG

Yes, I agree. Still, I'd say you're being a bit unfair with Conquest here. You can count the amount of proc skills that matter in Conquest with the fingers of one hand. It's really not common. Could be less, for sure, but I think it's fine, leaving aside one or two bad encounters.

Wraith, that you?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, I agree. Still, I'd say you're being a bit unfair with Conquest here. You can count the amount of proc skills that matter in Conquest with the fingers of one hand. It's really not common. Could be less, for sure, but I think it's fine, leaving aside one or two bad encounters.

oh yeah definetly. But it could've been better without those cases. Then again it does ensure the player uses all that he has...

wait why are you defending Conquest from me?

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oh yeah definetly. But it could've been better without those cases. Then again it does ensure the player uses all that he has...

Yeah, it'd definitely be better without, but it's... Bearably rare, so to speak.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wait why are you defending Conquest from me?

I'm slowly becoming the Fates stan of the thread, defending the underrated gem from all the Three Houses zombies.

I must say, the second boss battle with

Spoiler

the sky bandits

was much, much easier than the first.

Why?

Scherazard has Aerial and a cast quartz. Four of the enemies start in close proximity to each other.... they all died so easily! It just took two aerials and then one normal attack (from anyone) for each of those enemies to die.

In short, Scherazard best aerial spammer.

Edited by Sooks

Screenshot_3127.png?width=995&height=108

It's a cold day in hell when i'm dropping a Monolith Soft game but here we are. To be fair, there are good things about the game. The spritework is pretty nice andi liked seeing the characters interact, even if i only knew like half of them because the other half, specifically half of the Namco characters here, are from dead or literally who franchises even for the time and at the end of the day, this is a crossover game. It's not meant to be taken seriously. I also have to mention that i do like the OC protags in this game. Reiji and Xiaomu do make for a pretty likable duo.

However, the game has one problem and it's the gameplay. The gameplay on paper isn't bad but the more i played, the more i could see where it was going and it was definitely heading down the path of absolute tedium. This is a game where the playable roster keeps getting bigger and bigger and while there are times where the characters would split up, the tedium started to become apparent after 13 chapters (5 prologue chapters and eight main chapters is as far as i played). I really do think this game would be a lot smoother to play if they got rid of like half the cast and got rid of the grid because as it stands, it's just tedium. Better to stop things here than keep playing and wait for the tedium really kicks into unforgivable territory because the main story is 50 chapters long and i don't know how it justifies that.

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

He looks like a superpowered J Jonah Jameson.

He is literally voiced by J.K Simmons so this is actually an accurate statement.

I'm slowly becoming the Fates stan of the thread, defending the underrated gem from all the Three Houses zombies.

The other two Fates fans here (Shrimpy and I) both love Three Houses. Actually, is Eltosian a Conquest fan? But does Eltosian like Three Hohses?

Wait no, Conquest isn’t even underrated...

even the subreddit, the biggest anti-Fates place in existence, has been showing Fates quite alot of love lately.

Like there was that one Thread about difficulty and everyone was like ''only Fates did difficulty well'' lol

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

because the main story is 50 chapters long and i don't know how it justifies that.

Tends to happen. SRW is pretty much that. But then, when you're adapting at least around 15 stories at least on each game, SRW games can afford to be over 50 chapters long.

Impact being 101 chapters long while adapting a little over 20 storylines is pretty much the pinnacle of SRW storytelling.

The other two Fates games both tend to get shoved into the Fates bad vacuum but “Conquest actually had great gameplay” is nowhere close to a rare opinion, really.

Now years ago, when they were newer? I wasn’t an fe fan back then, but I haven’t heard good things.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The other two Fates games are both shoved into the Fates bad vacuum but “Conquest actually had a great gameplay” is nowhere close to a rare opinion, really.

I am not talking about just Conquest, but Fates as whole haha.

And even though conquest get's alot of love due gameplay, alot of people don't even touch it due, ya know, Fates

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The other two Fates fans here (Shrimpy and I) both love Three Houses. Actually, is Eltosian a Conquest fan? But does Eltosian like Three Hohses?

Wait no, Conquest isn’t even underrated...

It is when you land in the cesspools places where people only care about "muh story and characters" and disregard everything else about the games. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but... Heck, I'm also entitled to my opinion that those opinions are annoying! A series with so much gameplay as FE, with stories that are very surface-level and more often than not bad, and still you find people who play them for the story? How does one do that? I mean, it's fine, but... How?

Edited by Saint Rubenio