Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

This is your fault for trying to engage in an argument with people who think that their word is God and everything that contradicts their view is wrong.

Well, I'm sure not changing my opinion either and I did invite discussion, so I'd say that the blame does fall onto me.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

My problem with supports is mostly when there's a lot of 'em. Supports were easily my least favorite part of TH, so if they do continue to attempt to develop casts with a lot of depth, well... I really, really hope they depart.

I mean, ultimately, watching the supports is optional. So cutting back on an optional feature is only a bad thing, if you ask me, since it pulls back on something that many people enjoy.

>Cold Steel 4

>Osborne shows up

>Different voice actor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

Bro, Osborne's original voice was so unique and imposing, I legitimately hate this change. It's like the one time where I'm mad at voice actor changes.

24 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ohoho.

Hey look, it's the bad one.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Yup.

Well, it was less painful than I thought it'd be.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Indeed.

I think that is kinda the point, since Kiryu is still very green, while Majima already has several years under his belt and is meant to be the superior fighter at this point in time.

...Which is sorta crazy that he does better against Shakedowns, since Rush allows three quicksteps and the broken spot-block thing, while Majima gets just two.

To be fair, the fact that Majima came after helped. When I met the shakedown bastard as Kiryu I was still learning the game and dodge was still E. I've since changed it to shift, so I can dodge much better.

...Actually, that's pretty much all I needed. Real yakuza use a gamepad my ass. The realest yakuza bind dodge to shift and are good to go!

7 hours ago, Benice said:

btw @Saint Rubenio, would you want me to recommend other yakuza games? You seem to be enjoying Y0 so far, so maybe advice for games to play vs. games to watch playthroughs might be appreciated for ya.

Hey, sure! This game looks pretty long, I'll probably move to something different afterwards, but it might be handy information for the future.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Low-key sorta wish I hadn't made the supports thread, I don't really wanna write out about 20 responses again in a conversation that ain't going anywhere.

Oh yeah, I noticed. It's still going, that one.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I’ve always liked supports, tbh. Never had an issue with them other than RD’s lack of them.

Here's a hot take: RD supports are the best because Oliver can support the entire cast.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ohoho.

Maybe since they're releasing the original FE4, that means they'll be remaking FE6 instead.

...A man can dream, right?

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ohoho.

Dammit Japan.

Any other news can't come soon enough, knowing nothing's annoying as it is.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Dammit Japan.

Any other news can't come soon enough, knowing nothing's annoying as it is.

I wish I could be as hyped as you are.

Considering the amount of time that's passed since Three Houses, I'd say sooner is more likely than later. But, of course, anything's possible. It's best to go in with low expectations.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I wish I could be as hyped as you are.

Hype might be a strong word in fairness, I just don't like having no idea what's going on (See: me scurrying about for what info's confirmed about NEO TWEWY for the last few weeks/months, but to be fair that's coming out in July).

Just now, Dayni said:

Hype might be a strong word in fairness, I just don't like having no idea what's going on

Eh, that's true, but in my case the choices are "nothing" or "meh, I'll pass", so...

Unless we hit the 4.758% chance of HD Dougy. Now that would be epic.

Just now, Dayni said:

(See: me scurrying about for what info's confirmed about NEO TWEWY for the last few weeks/months, but to be fair that's coming out in July).

I still read that as Tweety every time I see it...

Well, hope you get lucky with this and with that soon.

Good morning, everyone!~

As some of you might recall, I've been replaying some Three Houses lately, and I reached the timeskip. More specifically, the cutscene that plays right at the end of chapter 12 on the Blue Lion, Church, and Golden Deer routes.
I made a screenshot to check something, and... remember when I replayed Nights of Azure and made a certain joke? Well.... (spoilers, just in case, for anyone who has not played Three Houses yet):

Spoiler

WrWyf9o.jpg

HAYxc3d.jpg

And considering a certain someone's backstory on top of that... What else is left to say but Gust did it first?

With that, music post for today: my favorite boss battle in a video game! Not theme, just battle.

The title describes perfectly what I think about this particular boss fight.

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Three Houses

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:
  Hide contents

WrWyf9o.jpg

HAYxc3d.jpg

And considering a certain someone's backstory on top of that... What else is left to say but Gust did it first?

Three Houses is rotten to the core. How could Koei Tecmo copy a game that Koei Tecmo made? Utterly disgusting, I suggest to burn down all of Paris Three Houses's copies.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I wanna at least finish that playthrough. xD

Three Houses is rotten to the core. How could Koei Tecmo copy a game that Koei Tecmo made? Utterly disgusting, I suggest to burn down all of Paris Three Houses's copies.

To be more accurate, Gust made Nights of Azure, Koei Tecmo is the publisher for Gust's games.
But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if they said "screw it, let's take some elements from our own library and throw them in here". I mean... Three Houses' baseline, with the three nations, one led by an ambitious conqueror, one third wheel neutral, one valuing justice and stuff (where the leader goes nuts after a while) is basically Romance of the Three Kingdoms/Dynasty Warriors, one of Koei's "main" franchises. Which is in turn based on real history.

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Well, I wanna at least finish that playthrough. xD

It's your funeral.

Use Hanneman

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

To be more accurate, Gust made Nights of Azure, Koei Tecmo is the publisher for Gust's games.
But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if they said "screw it, let's take some elements from our own library and throw them in here". I mean... Three Houses' baseline, with the three nations, one led by an ambitious conqueror, one third wheel neutral, one valuing justice and stuff (where the leader goes nuts after a while) is basically Romance of the Three Kingdoms/Dynasty Warriors, one of Koei's "main" franchises. Which is in turn based on real history.

Damn fiction, how dare it rip off real history.

That's a pretty interesting tidbit.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Friggin' hell, now I feel like playing this again. xD

It's your funeral.

Use Hanneman

Already am! Dude is one of my main sources of magic damage, because the Blue Lions lack that somewhat.

Damn fiction, how dare it rip off real history.

I know, right?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a pretty interesting tidbit.

When I first saw Three Houses, and what it was about, I was like "this is literally Dynasty Warriors."
And after playing it, I'm even more like "this is literally Dynasty Warriors". xD

I think the devs even confirmed this, but I'm not too sure. Even if they didn't, the similarities are just too uncanny to be mere coincidences. With the game being made by Koei Tecmo, main producer of Dynasty Warriors, and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms strategy games, it becomes even more glaring.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what? I think I will! It is my favorite game, after all!
And there is still a challenge run I want to attempt.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Already am! Dude is one of my main sources of magic damage, because the Blue Lions lack that somewhat.

Yes! Yes! There is someone here with something that slightly resembles taste!

Seriously though, Hanneman's the one that really makes me angry at Three Houses. Why couldn't he exist in a game that I actually enjoy? His design is awesome, his character is cool, he's a fun unit without being a forgettably broken growth unit like all the rest... Goddamnit.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You know what? I think I will! It is my favorite game, after all!
And there is still a challenge run I want to attempt.

Good luck!