Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

I have 0 supplies Ruben. 0.

Tends to happen in this part of the game, yes.

19 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:

But yeah, optimism and stuff. I mean he’s crazy, so he could have said “No! I’m taking Iver!” before leaving, or something.

Imagine that. It'd be really funny, wouldn't it?

Just now, Teeheeooks said:

.....I just lost a “kill more while they retreat!” battle (it was very close though, if Iver had just one or two more points of armor I might have won) and the text afterwards treated it like I lost the entire fight, but there seem to be no story consequences..?

Sometimes there are no greater consequences for failing a battle. Just, well, the injuries and lost caravan members.

Still, yeah, if you lose the battle in the "kill more" phase, you just lose outright. It's part of the risk.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sometimes there are no greater consequences for failing a battle. Just, well, the injuries and lost caravan members.

That doesn’t seem like that’s how it should be, but good to know.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, yeah, if you lose the battle in the "kill more" phase, you just lose outright. It's part of the risk.

Oh, I see. Well, I’m glad this is the battle where I got to learn that. I only killed more because I was desperate for more renown to buy supplies with, and I knew the battle would be close regardless of who won.

I said this before but i think it's really cool how Blaster Master Zero 3 is bringing back the OG characters from the original Blaster Master game.

20 minutes ago, TeeheeFlames said:

Teddie

I feel like if i ever play P4, i'd want to punt Teddie across a football field.

20 minutes ago, TeeheeFlames said:

Now I just have to find a way to actually play it. XD

Linux can emulate GBA and PSP just fine, right?

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I feel like if i ever play P4, i'd want to punt Teddie across a football field.

I feel you.
And yes. 100%. That... thing is insufferable.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Linux can emulate GBA and PSP just fine, right?

It can, no problem!
Honestly, I kinda thought they'd be PC exclusive, or something. XD

43 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Morning, everyone! How have you all been?

Been helping my parents prepare their new house.

4 hours ago, Teeheemperor said:

MLNwcFN.png

and had this character as pfp (although not same image)

CFE4F351-E3FB-40DD-A040-0546E2F0E675-696

That's like, more anime than anyone else in the Thread XD

What in the...I feel like I missed a lot of strange things yeserday...I wasn't even gone for all of yesterday. Also there are far too many TeeHee names now...it is getting kinda confusing.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My mood is currently Take Up Buddhism/10. Pascal's Wager is looking attractive, and less costly than therapy or medication. And for the Wager, Buddhism in certain forms (certainly not Pure Land, sorry Amida) is less "risky" for an agnostic like myself, compared to something with a standard heaven and benevolent deity. 

Now if excuse me, I'm in the process of considering which $800-1500 gaming laptop to buy as a pure luxury purchase that I do not need or deserve. Am I really capable of being a good Buddhist?

-Sorry for being all gloomy here. As pathetic and a sign of how incapable I am of mustering myself into having fun, I do turn here for a little joviality to dilute my depressive mind.

I hope our antics help you feel better.

1 minute ago, TeeheeFlames said:

Honestly, I kinda thought they'd be PC exclusive, or something. XD

Well the bigger issue is that most of them don't have fan-translation patches.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

What in the...I feel like I missed a lot of strange things yeserday...I wasn't even gone for all of yesterday. Also there are far too many TeeHee names now...it is getting kinda confusing.

Thankfully, my name changing ability is still locked from when Reuben took over, so I survived the invasion.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My mood is currently Take Up Buddhism/10. Pascal's Wager is looking attractive, and less costly than therapy or medication. And for the Wager, Buddhism in certain forms (certainly not Pure Land, sorry Amida) is less "risky" for an agnostic like myself, compared to something with a standard heaven and benevolent deity. 

Not gonna lie, I feel like that's a wager I'm fine ignoring.

Ignoring cynical belief, I have to wonder why in his mind doing good requires belief in deities. Then again, agnosticism left me a long time back, I might be a bad example.

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Been helping my parents prepare their new house.

Cross out new and that's also going on here.

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also there are far too many TeeHee names now...it is getting kinda confusing.

Should I change then?

The whole thing that was supposed to go on kind of died down.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thankfully, my name changing ability is still locked from when Reuben took over, so I survived the invasion.

If Reuben was already pretty anime, I have to wonder just how anime Saint Teehee would be.

I'd be scared to find out.

4 minutes ago, Teeheeyni said:

Should I change then?

At least do it when you next change your profile picture. Otherwise it's going to be impossible to tell who you are.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

If Reuben was already pretty anime, I have to wonder just how anime Saint Teehee would be.

I'd be scared to find out.

He probably watches Sword Art Online.

...Gwaahahh... Better not let him loose.

Spoiler

One unit got injured during the first bridge battle... one... AND IT HAD TO IVER?? Oh no...

Huh... death count, at least so far, isn’t 2? I guess that loss was scripted? I mean, that would have been near impossible if he wasn’t injured.

Edited by Teeheeooks

4 minutes ago, Teeheeooks said:
  Hide contents

One unit got injured during the first bridge battle... one... AND IT HAD TO IVER?? Oh no...

Huh... death count, at least so far, isn’t 2? I guess that loss was scripted? I mean, that would have been near impossible if he wasn’t injured.

Where are you exactly? I've gotten a little lost, I'm afraid.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He probably watches Sword Art Online.

...Gwaahahh... Better not let him loose.

Worse, does he like it?

Like, actually talks positive about Alfheim?

Edited by Teeheeyni

Just now, Teeheeyni said:

Worse, does he like it?

Like, actually talks positive about Alfheim?

...I have no idea. All I know about that anime is that everyone hates it. I don't know about any Alfheims.

I didn't watch a whole lot of it when it aired on TV here... but... well, you know me already what I'd say about it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Where are you exactly? I've gotten a little lost, I'm afraid.

Spoiler

At Ei... Ei... Ei-place that varl never met humans enter, where the bridge swarms with dredge and you can choose whether to help with the fight or not, and if you choose to help with the fight you get an easy battle against a couple dredge and then Iver tries to solo a big red one (if it isn’t obvious, I chose to help on the bridge), I/he lost and Iver lost an arm, but lived.

I don’t think I’ve made any other story decisions since I last recounted them. There was a random event about some fruit that gets people a little drunk, but I was in desperate need of resources so I took as much as I could.

Edit: It’s called Einartoft.

Edited by Teeheeooks

1 minute ago, Teeheeooks said:
  Hide contents

At Ei... Ei... Ei-place that varl never met humans enter, where the bridge swarms with dredge and you can choose whether to help with the fight or not, and if you choose to help with the fight you get an easy battle against a couple dredge and then Iver tries to solo a big red one (if it isn’t obvious, I chose to help on the bridge), I/he lost and Iver lost an arm, but lived.

I don’t think I’ve made any other story decisions since I last recounted them. There was a random event about some fruit that gets people a little drunk, but I was in desperate need of resources so I took as much as I could.

Edit: It’s called Einartoft.

Okay, it's where I thought you were.

Spoiler

Indeed, there's no way to avoid Iver getting his arm torn off. I'll be more interested in knowing what you do next. There's a few choices you can make.

SAO is basically like the worst parts of modern Fire Emblem and Kaga Emblem rolled into one.

So basically just modern Fire Emblem but with a lot more sexual assault.

Edited by BrightBow

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

SAO is basically like the worst parts of modern Fire Emblem and Kaga Emblem rolled into one.

So basically just modern Fire Emblem but with a lot more sexual assault.

Ah, that does sound like a great anime that I would most highly enjoy. Yeah, for sure.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, it's where I thought you were.

Reveal hidden contents

Indeed, there's no way to avoid Iver getting his arm torn off. I'll be more interested in knowing what you do next. There's a few choices you can make.

That’s for next play session. I can’t keep everyone alive on an empty stomach!

Although I can already tell what some of these choices will be, this will be a tough one.

Edited by Teeheeooks

Funny thing about SAO is it's not even like the worst thing out there. Yeah, it's bad, don't get me wrong. It's awful on pretty much every level.

But i've seen much worse.

59 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well the bigger issue is that most of them don't have fan-translation patches.

Well, darn it.

---

SAO, hm? I watched like, the first 9 or so episodes before the MC being depicted as the best thing since sliced bread got on my nerves. That, and the thing delved into harem territority, and I loathe that kind of stuff.

Granted, it didn't poop itself quite as hard as Fate/Apocrypha did (though at least Fate/Apocrypha looked promising... until Episode 10 happened), and it's probably not the worst anime out there, but... eh. Not my thing.

SAO and its ilk did kinda show me that, if you want to make money with books/art, putting in actual effort to write a good story is the wrong way to do it. You just need to know what crowd you want to target, then pander to them without restraint. That's literally all that's needed.
That, or you can just write straight up p*rn for shock value.

Edited by TeeheeFlames

IMG_20210603_124638.jpg

Spirit Crucible Elpys in Xenoblade 2.

7 minutes ago, TeeheeFlames said:

SAO, hm? I watched like, the first 9 or so episodes before the MC being depicted as the best thing since sliced bread got on my nerves. That, and the thing delved into harem territority, and I loathe that kind of stuff.

Meanwhile I watched the whole thing and liked it because I was 13 at the time.

Didn't realize it was shit until years later.

I saw it like, back in 2019, when it finally aired on TV here. Saw up to like, halfway through Alfheim. I dropped it not because I lost interest, just... why did I dropped it? I know it wasn't because I wanted to, in any case.