• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

...Wait...

Zs1h0evg o

The fuck? This wasn't in the original script I remember... Since when does Legion speak in... uhh, whatever this manner of speech is supposed to be? I thought the modern patch only changed names, a few chapter titles and some typos...

Anyway, prologue beat. Man, after that super intense lunatic run, maniac feels like such a breath of fresh air.

Wrys got two good levels because he's epic, Cecil levelled defense and HP once and I'm so happy for her, and Ryan got defense in every single one of his levels, which is making me really tempted to make him an armor knight and never look back.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

WHAT!?

IF I RECLASS HIM TO ARMOR KNIGHT RIGHT NOW, RYAN HAS MORE DEFENSE THAN GENERAL ARRAN

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK

Ryan, my man, I believe I've never used you before. Not till the end, at least.

The time has come.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

didn't they speak like that in Heroes? Or am i misremembering?

Did they? In that case, that's probably why they changed it in the new patch. Eh, I think it fits. Just gonna take a bit of getting used to, like Yuliya and Jubelo.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I do not remember that at all.

Isn't his name Roro?

Yeah, in the old patch. I'm using this patch for this run, which is slightly more modern. Only slightly, because it has been abandoned like three times, but it does enough.

Honestly, I just wanted to use it because it changed Maris to Malice. And that's just epic.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

feels like a FE support convo haha

It is very similar to that, yeah!

All characters have two of these with one another (except Opoona and the OCs), and you unlock these by getting to Regard levels 4 (first convo) and 5 (second convo), respectively.
The caviat is that... oddly enough, you can't just level one character's Regard with another to 4 and 5... you need to do it with both.
So, if you want to get, say, Sophie's and Arnice's conversations, you first have to level Sophie's Regard with Arnice to 4 and 5, and then Arnice's regard with Sophie to 4 and 5 and THEN you'll get them.
5 is the max regard goes... and there are 30 playable characters. Grinding all of these is... well... XD

I do appreciate the devs going all out with having all those different people interact with each other, some of which show depths they didn't have before (like Zhao Yun in the convo with Christophorus), but unlocking these can be kind of a pain. XD
Luckily, you do get some random interactions between characters too, when you just walk around the hubworld, but these are only between specific pairs of characters (still interesting, just a bit more limited).

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

es there are better waifus in this game, see if you can guess which one

Well i'd figure Minerva is your type.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Opoona is... well...
DTUvJzH.jpg

This is a Namco character they snuck in. It absolutely has to be.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

So, if you want to get, say, Sophie's and Arnice's conversations, you first have to level Sophie's Regard with Arnice to 4 and 5, and then Arnice's regard with Sophie to 4 and 5 and THEN you'll get them.

OOF

sounds like a pain

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is a Namco character they snuck in. It absolutely has to be.

It does sound like it, doesn't it? xD
I honestly don't know the first thing about Opoona or the game he's from. That description is all I know!
Though his moveset is pretty fun, too!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

OOF

sounds like a pain

Yeah, it kinda is. XD
The thing that makes this at least slightly less tedious is that, if, for example, Sophie's regard with Arnice is already at 5, then Arnice's regard with Sophie will increase faster.

Edited by DragonFlames

Goancmmp o

1ylflaus o

It's child soldier time.

Just now, Armagon said:

Well i'd figure Minerva is your type.

Minerva's wonderful, but she's not the one. C'mon, if you're at least a little familiar with 12's cast, it should be immediately obvious.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, in the old patch. I'm using this patch for this run, which is slightly more modern. Only slightly, because it has been abandoned like three times, but it does enough.

Honestly, I just wanted to use it because it changed Maris to Malice. And that's just epic.

Huh. I need to update the perfectly legitimate copy of FE12 I own and play on my perfectly unmodified 3DS to the new patch then.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The caviat is that... oddly enough, you can't just level one character's Regard with another to 4 and 5... you need to do it with both.

This feels like an oversight. At least it should be one and it probably isn't because they would've patched it out.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Minerva's wonderful, but she's not the one. C'mon, if you're at least a little familiar with 12's cast, it should be immediately obvious.

Malice? Since you brought her up?

Idk man, most FE12 girls aren't hot.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lena, obviously. She's great.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This feels like an oversight. At least it should be one and it probably isn't because they would've patched it out.

It's not their best decision ever, that's for sure.
I appreciate thusly that the roster is "only" 30 characters strong, and of those, only 26 have conversations with each other, since three of them are OCs who don't get any, and the last one is Opoona, whose situation I already described.

Though I will say, those 30 characters are definitely an example of quality over quantity, because all of them have very unique movesets.

Edited by DragonFlames

Also, for those of you who have noticed, but aren't sure: yes, that William that appears in the list of names on that screenshot with Opoona's bio is indeed the guy from Nioh (for those who have played it/heard of it).
UO31vZH.jpg

He speaks English, being the only character in the game to do so.

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Huh. I need to update the perfectly legitimate copy of FE12 I own and play on my perfectly unmodified 3DS to the new patch then.

I love that I've gotten people talking like this

Dew it

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Malice?

Now you're speaking my language.

Idk man, most FE12 girls aren't hot.

Are you fucking kidding me? Malice could break my spine and I'd thank her.

...Wait, no, who said that-- Reuben is at it again! Back in your hole! Back, I say...!

Anyway, you're wrong because Sheena, Minerva, Malice, Athena, Cecil, Midia, Linde, Palla and Etzel exist in FE12.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Lena, obviously. She's great.

Not gonna lie, you'd expect me to dismiss her as "boring cleric girl", but her recruitment conversation in 12 earned her my respect. She straight up flirts with Julian immediately after recovering from demonic possession while standing next to fucking Medeus. Holy fucking shit, she has no restraint, I love it.

Plus, her brother is the greatest boy.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Wait, no, who said that-- Reuben is at it again! Back in your hole! Back, I say...!

sigh
Okay then...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

852200453256904716.png?v=1

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, you'd expect me to dismiss her as "boring cleric girl", but her recruitment conversation in 12 earned her my respect. She straight up flirts with Julian immediately after recovering from demonic possession while standing next to fucking Medeus. Holy fucking shit, she has no restraint, I love it.

Plus, her brother is the greatest boy.

She's also really well-written in the Shadow Dragon manga.

R E A D  T H E  M A N G A

And on top of that, her Heroes art is actually really good (by Heroes' standards anyway).

Spoiler

Rena_Neutral.png

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, you're wrong because Sheena, Minerva, Malice, Athena, Cecil, Midia, Linde, Palla 

>Athena

>Cecil

lol. lmao

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Etzel

Wait a minute....

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Mr. "I still thirst for battle!", I don't believe you.

XD

Due to the nature of Warriors All-Stars, he loses some of his threatening status. Though it's a given, considering some of the superhumans and actual demons he now has to contend with. No wonder he tones it down a peg. XD

Something hilarious that happened to me one time was... well, one of Christophorus' quotes when she defeats an enemy officer is "Humm, that was pathetic." In some stages, depending on what faction you pick, you have to fight and defeat Lu Bu... now put two and two together. XD