• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I know the answer to that already, but here I ask if the Plumed Serpent has an actual proper portrayal in Anime that's not... the usual.

When you have this story idea you want to write, but you can't decide on the characters to use...Ā solution, don't write it as a FEH fanfic...

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

AJUAAAAA!! Quetzalcoatl! #anime:... - Anime BD & uncensored | Facebook

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I know the answer to that already, but here I ask if the Plumed Serpent has an actual proper portrayal in Anime that's not... the usual.

Her dragon form is pretty accurate to the Plumed Serpent

150.png

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well, I did take a break but not gonna lie, @Interdimensional Observer's playthrough of Metroid Prime 1 is actually getting me in the mood for the trilogy. Heh, it all comes full circle, my Metroid binge got him to play a game he never beat and now his playthrough is getting me to play a game I've never played.

Ā 

Have I said too much?šŸ˜…Ā Sorry about that! Hope I won't have ruined the experience.

MP1 is good, I can see why people would adore it back in the day, despite its faults. Although, it sounds like people expected to be a failure prior to its release.

I read the Trilogy version of MP1Ā has three difficulty settings. Normal, Veteran, and Hard.

• Veteran is actually the original MP1 difficulty.Ā 
  • "Normal" is Trilogy's new easy mode, where enemies have halved health and deal halved damage.
  • Hard doubles enemy health and increases their damage output by 50%.

So far for me, although the Phazon Mines are looking a little tougher, MP1 has been pretty fair. If anything, the game isĀ on the easy side alreadyĀ -good for me, I'm not great at FPSes and rarely play them (although "First-Person Adventure" is MP'sĀ usual genreĀ moniker, which I can understand).Ā Hard, which at least in the GC version has to be unlocked, would've been fine most of the time, but probably would've been too much for me at certain points. From what I'm told, Prime 2 on the whole is more challenging.

Also, if you want to try out the Fusion Suit for the cosmetic makeover (which for the GC version required beating MP1Ā once and using a GBA Link Cable to connect to the GC),Ā you need a few Vouchers. You'll haveĀ enough to buy it very early- defeat the Hive Mecha and then visit the Artifact Temple to get the Artifact of Truth, I think ought to be enough.

Lastly, let me present you with this.:

400px-Meta_Kraid.jpg

-Not in the game.

The level that he was to be included in was well underway to being designed. There just was not enough development time remaining to fully implement all aspects of the scenario that were needed to pull off a highly polished/fun gaming experience... It was [ultimately] decided that Kraid was not imperative enough to the Metroid Prime project to run the risk of pushing up the release date to fit him in"Ā 

Just felt like sharing.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkOeF3dpXs7uLqSTm7pOFdvl_ic_m_quetzalcoatl02.png

Shin Megami Tensei is video games, not actual anime TV/manga books, and Quetzalcoatl has never had a major story role,Ā but it's kinda a little close?Ā I assure you, the franchise could've come up with far worse designs (Rama), or more modernized ones (Loki) than these.Ā 

E5v1s4HWUAQuZDA?format=jpg&name=large

E5v1tf6WYAEHI9Y?format=jpg&name=large

Atelier Firis walked...

E5v1t3QXMAQ_z_V?format=jpg&name=large

E5v1uOUXEAI3Plh?format=jpg&name=large

So that Atelier Ryza 2 could......swim.

Yeah, this honestly pretty much solidifies for my that Atelier Firis was basically a prototype for ideas used in Ryza 2.

In other words, Metroid Prime trilogy finished downloading. Let's see if i can get in 30 minutes before i head to bed.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have I said too much?šŸ˜…Ā Sorry about that! Hope I won't have ruined the experience.

Haha you're fine, don't worry. I've barely seen much of the Prime games save for a few screenshots i've seen on the Internet. And i don't really have any visuals to go with what you've posted so it's all basically gonna be new for me.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lastly, let me present you with this.:

400px-Meta_Kraid.jpg

-Not in the game.

Good, that Kraid looks awful and i'm glad they cut it out.

Seriously, what did they do to his face?

Spoiler

Playing as Agate and Anelace, huh? Unexpected, but nice. After a battle and story stuff, none other than Kevin shows up! But the screen fades to black after. I still really like him from the prologue, so of course him acting all mysterious will have me intrigued.

But after that, the game doesnā€™t return to Estelle and co. No, I see Joshua! Yeah! And heā€™s still with the Capuas. They wreck some of those robots before Joshua gives a vague plot monologue, something about helping the Bracer guild by dealing with the robots so they can focus on the tea party that was mentioned in the last scene.Ā Well thanks, Joshua.

Ā 

Early Prime 1 thoughts after the tutorial that I died in. While the game itself controls well, I do think I need to get some used to it. If the trilogy collection allows you to change difficulty mid-game, I might switch it to normal.

Scan Visor is definitely gonna get annoying.

I love how this game has a legitimate explanation for why Samus lost her abilities......even if said explanation is very forced.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Could you elaborate on this?

Basically, the structure of the chapter (side quest -> main story -> new party member, all while being locked at a certain location) is very Trails like. Especially with you being forced to do sidequests. You're basically 'forced' to play the game like you would a Trails game.

unknown.png

Imagine you are playing a Crossbell game and this is how Ys 9 feels like structure wise. Heck, you even spendĀ alot of time in the sewers under the City, just like you did in Crossbell with it's Geofront

Are the sidequests at least cool

Some and some.

like in say, Torna?

I thought you said cool

Edited by Shrimperor

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Oooooh a tornado warning!

Holy shit. Are you all right?

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

CrossCode.

Might still be on sale on PC actually.

Certainly is. I mean, 14 bucks and 20 bucks isn't much of a big difference. Sale ends today at 7 PM. I'll consider it.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

So my computers fans bearings failed so I gotta replace it. $20, not too bad. Just happy its not something expensive!

Were they taken away by the tornado?

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

I missed this show.

I've seen clips of this one, because clips recommended by Youtube seems to be the only way I ever watch shows at all. I thought the main character was a pretty original concept, her relationship with the titular maid dragon pretty cute, and the tsundere butler becoming pals with the otaku absolutely hilarious.

Aaaand then I saw the lolis. Yeah, no. Fuck that noise.

CrossCode is a very interesting action RPG. However you should have at least certain interest / skills in ball physics to enjoy this game because all the puzzles require that, and they become really tough. It's a bit comparable to billard unless you don't shot your ball in a pack of other balls.

I got it for the exact same price for Switch. I have not finished it yet, but 14 ā‚¬ for this game is a good deal, considering it feels longer than other action RPGs.

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Oooooh a tornado warning!

Be safe, please!

---

Alright, I made a good amount of progress in Ys VIII, and got some new things to tell that I shall tell!
Impressions, progress, all that good stuff!
What follows is a small rant, and if you don't care about that kind of stuff, I shall put it in spoilers so that you can skip it.
A TL;DR: Falcom got their dinosaur terminology wrong and I'm possibly too bothered by that.

Spoiler

Okay, first things first... let us talk about the fact that Falcom needs to learn their paleontology. 'cuz they made a pretty dumb mistake.
9cRBvFf.jpg

You can say "this is a game" or "these aren't actual dinosaurs" all you like, but the "Primordials" are dinosaurs in all but name, and that skeleton ain't a sauropod. Sauropods had very, very long necks in comparison to the rest of their bodies. This thing does not. Not to mention that they were herbivores, and those aren't the teeth of a herbivore, either.
qvhuV1S.jpg
This ain't no sauropod, Falcom.
This by no means dampens my enjoyment of the game, but if you want to put real world stuff into your game/story, at least use the correct terminology. Else I'll be bothered by it.
You can tell me a bird of prey is a pigeon all you like, but that does not make it true, GameFreak. And you can tell me a walrus is a seal all you like, but that does not make it true, Nintendo. They are related species, yes, but they are nonetheless distinct.
And the same applies here. Sauropods are a type dinosaur species, yes, but if you wanted to put a sauropod skeleton here, because they were among the largest living land animals to ever exist, at least make the neck three times as long as it is depicted here, thank you very much.

And then, it happened. The very second I had the weapons that can kill Primordials, Honrary Draggy the Second attacked again, and, well, the game took its course and Falcom's best character out of the equation.
GMksY3Y.jpg

F in the chat for my boy.
You will always be remembered for your heroic deeds in epically murdering the very, VERY annoying "I must retreat" shtick. *salutes*

Also, I knew the game was gonna kill him off eventually, but... I was hoping it wouldn't. This is a definite negative for me. xD

I checked the "secret" Shrimpy told me about after this... and it's Falcom's Jack Frost!
7xP8AcG.jpg
Give him food and he'll give you stuff, which is nice!

And now... the moment Shrimpy has likely been waiting for. xD
zTuUvRb.jpg

I reached the top of Mt. Gendarme! And I faced the boss.
Oh my god, that boss! I beat it yesterday, and was too tired to report on it, but even just typing about it now still makes me hyped about it! Because that boss was the best one in the game so far! A really tense, and really, really tough fight. But also incredibly fun! Definitely up there with some of my favorites!Ā 
And then, there is of course the design of the thing. Just... look at it:
XfB6Ouq.jpg

Dragon/Wvyern bird! I was so hyped to see it that I forgot to take a screenshot until the last second. xD

The Ancient Conqueror of the Heavens sounds absolutely badass, as well. Fitting for such an awesome creature.
I actually felt bad killing it, haha!

Really, the only thing that was missing from the battle was an amazing boss theme.
The game's boss theme is good, yes, but I find it a little lacking for something as epic as fighting a dragon/wyvern bird thing at the top of a large mountain. Now, if, say, this theme played during that boss fight, that would be a VERY different story!

Beating it rewarded me with progress to the next chapter, and... I've never watched a Jurassic Park movie (and I don't want to, either), but... methinks whoever owns that series is gonna sue someone. xD
UwthXSt.jpg

And the last thing I did before me being tired got the best of me was...
viq0M2i.jpg

Get a new skill for Ricotta by beating this guy with her!
vc03ifm.jpg

So... yeah! Except for the little faux pas I outlined above and the fact that I think the boss theme for Giasburn could have been better, the game is still going very strong!

And I WANT to make Giasburn my profile picture... I just need a picture that is better suited for doing so than the one I have. xD

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And I WANT to make Giasburn my profile picture... I just need a picture that is better suited for doing so than the one I have. xD

Funny you say that xD

A couple weeks ago before you started the game i took a pic of it the moment it was spewing flames and wanted to post it and say "Draggy confirmed"

Then you started the game and i decided not to spoil you xD

Well, whem i am home i can take some pics

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Funny you say that xD

A couple weeks ago before you started the game i took a pic of it the moment it was spewing flames and wanted to post it and say "Draggy confirmed"

I see! xD

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, whem i am home i can take some pics

Yay! Thanks! ^^

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Speaking about Dragons and Boss themes

Ā 

Well, now THIS is amazing!
Definitely up there with these two, as far as dragon boss themes go:

Though I am MASSIVELY biased towards the second one. XD

Well, I just played the Crosscode demo. I'll admit the story lost me a bit when it introduced the "anime MMORPG" set up, and the demo showed absolutely nothing of the puzzle part of the game that everyone is always talking about, but the basic gameplay seems fun enough. Nothing amazing, but fun enough. For just 18 bucks, I might pick up the complete edition.

^ nice, have fun

I haven't played the demo, but I think only the close combatĀ is introduced there. The range combat (ball system) is introduced a bit later. Unfortunately Switch version does not offer DLCs, but I think Armagon told. it will happen in the future. Would buy it, if it's worth.

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is it possible you ran out of stamina? Link can only swim so far before being exhausted.

Oh yes, I was so paniced about the taken damage that I dashed in the water.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

There's no specific visual but any bodies of water you find in places that are cold will be cold. So it's just common sense.

Got it!