• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

What's the secret to play multiple games at the same time?

I actually didn’t know what that was about, other than the fact that Adol is the protagonist of Ys (which is really all I know about the series), so I mentioned Shrimpy.

Anyway, I just found a canon with an M AoE range 😮 Tita, you know what time it is 😈.

Man, the Enforcers theme is so good.

Edited by Sooks

Okay, so there's a bit of an issue... I beat the boss, but there's another boss immediately afterwards, and I have to kill them both in a row without getting hit once. Oof...

Well, okay, I lie. Apparently you can repeat this fight if you win the game. So if it comes to that, I can get the first boss's medal, power through the second boss with healing, then come back and do the same process for the second boss's medal. I'd feel like an absolute badass if I managed to beat two bosses in a row without taking a single hit, but... I don't think it'll happen.

…So this must be what the enemy feels like when I spam AoE arts. That was a close boss fight, Schera was the only survivor, but I did win first try.

…other characters would have liked the exp though.

So. I finished my Berwick run last night.

Spoiler

Screenshot_1179.png

Missed a single material. Go figure.

And now, I'm gonna do something I probably should've done a long time ago:

I'm gonna play all the way through FE12 H1. I tried playing the prologues once before, forever ago, and got frustrated. This time, though, I'm gonna push through.

Just now, Spara said:

So. I finished my Berwick run last night.

Hide contents

Screenshot_1179.png

Missed a single material. Go figure.

Not bad at all! It's more than I'd ever have the heart to do. Congratulations!

Just now, Spara said:

And now, I'm gonna do something I probably should've done a long time ago:

I'm gonna play all the way through FE12 H1. I tried playing the prologues once before, forever ago, and got frustrated. This time, though, I'm gonna push through.

The prologues are kinda stinky. They're puzzle-like, unlike the main game. Hope this time you are able to power through 'em.

And that’s chapter 2 done.

Spoiler

So after the boss fight, Bestelle stood up for Joshua and then Walter was about to kill the entire party when… OLIVIER! showed up and saved the day. And Zin I guess.

…oh I guess it was actually Zin who did most of the wrecking Walter. Seriously though, Zin is criminally underdeveloped. He’s supposed to be a member of the group™ but he got like two seconds of screen time in the first game, especially in chapter 3, where the devs just said “oh crap, we don’t have anyone with an earth lock” and threw him in there. After he and Olivier saved the day, everyone returned to Kilikia, and they’re all heading to Grancel for chapter 3. It looks like Tita and Zin will be added to the party. Zin is definitely hitting the bench, but I think I just might use Tita for now. My original plan was to bench her for Olivier, but she’s pulled her weight so well that I think I’ll just replace Schera with Olivier instead. Though that may change as the party grows…

Poor Zin, though. I have a feeling he’s the guy everyone benches.

I liked that chapter a lot more than 1 gameplay wise, it was definitely more fun as things didn’t feel like they took just a little bit too long to die anymore, plus Tita joined and was properly balanced this time. On to chapter 3!

RSrQ6VY.jpg

Started with Breath Of The Wild today.

It was as expected, without supports I'd have been helpless. Completed all the shrines. The shrines theirselves were not an issue, but getting two them (at least two of them) was connected with tons of Game Overs. For one in the mountains Idk how to prevent freeze damage and the other one had some awful climbing passages. Well, if the puzzles are fine, I'm cool with it. I like (self made) map navigation system. Idk if it's new, but this helps me. The overworld reminds me on Xenoblade Chronicles's regarding size. So far I'm not disappointed.

If you can get the old man the dish he is looking for, he will give you the Warm Doublet.
If you managed to get the glider without doing that, you can now actually find it in a chest in his hut.

You can also make a dish yourself that will protect you from the cold.

And you can also simply carry a torch with you. Maybe with some wooden logs to make a few fires on the way.

Edited by BrightBow

Looks like I actually was in the right room, but not looking hard enough for getting to the Ice Beam.😅 The game did mislead me as to where I was supposed to go next afterwards, I got waylaid for what felt like an hour into an area I wasn't supposed to be, not realizing it until the game outright said it to me.

I tried for that one Energy Tank again, still can't do it at all. *Sigh* I give up. I've never 100% a Metroid before, and it looks like I have to give up this time as well, I simply can't get the timing right on the bomb jumps whatsoever. How have people done this in a few tries? 

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Anyways new pfp

I see, and I like.😉

42 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

For one in the mountains Idk how to prevent freeze damage

The temperature system isn't overly complicated in Breath of the Wild. Environments can be hot or cold, with there being two "degrees" of each. To counter extreme temperatures, besides food, you can:

• Equip certain pieces of armor with temperature resistance, you can usually buy them where you.
  • Equip a weapon with a certain elemental affinity. Carrying a sword that is magically cold will cool you down in hot places.

Cold water you cannot become immune to, it will always deal damage.

In addition, there is an area of Hyrule where the air is on fire, this requires fireproofing, which is different. To get that, look for a horse stall directly south of the fiery area, you can find a merchant selling fireproof elixirs there, purchase a few of those so you can reach the mountain village and buy fireproof armor there.

The first time, I hadn't a plan for the second boss, so I was able to beat the first one in no time at all, like 20 minutes or something. Now that I have a plan to make my life less miserable, I might as well be trying for 10 fucking hours, I'm never going to beat the boss flawlessly ever again.

Yeah, fuck this. I'm gonna play the hack some more, because this is starting to seriously piss me off. And I fucking like the boss, but at this point I really would like to be done with this game, thank you very much.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

It's worth noting that it doesn't actually matter what dish you make. Those are purely cosmetic.

With cooking, all that happens is that the effects of the ingredients you throw into the pod are added together.

Edited by BrightBow

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The temperature system isn't overly complicated in Breath of the Wild. Environments can be hot or cold, with there being two "degrees" of each. To counter extreme temperatures, besides food, you can:

• Equip certain pieces of armor with temperature resistance, you can usually buy them where you.
  • Equip a weapon with a certain elemental affinity. Carrying a sword that is magically cold will cool you down in hot places.

Cold water you cannot become immune to, it will always deal damage.

In addition, there is an area of Hyrule where the air is on fire, this requires fireproofing, which is different. To get that, look for a horse stall directly south of the fiery area, you can find a merchant selling fireproof elixirs there, purchase a few of those so you can reach the mountain village and buy fireproof armor there.

It makes all sense, though I have to say I was surprised that I took damage when I walked on the glacier, can't say why.

Having cold resistant armor is obvious, but I haven't found any until there.

The dish solution was rather by accident; I didn't even know Zelda series has cooking (which is cool btw).

Does cold water have an other visual look than other lake water?

I jumped into a lake, not far away from the glacier area, and I died earlier than I could see the saving shore.

Gonna reply further comments tomorrow.

Great.

Fucking amazing.

I go play this stupid hack just to relax, and what happens? I encounter a map that does the Conquest final chapter funny, so I have to go two maps without saving (though to be fair they were two short maps, but still)... And then my warrior gets hit by a 23% eclipse and a 28% bolting and dies two turns before the end.

Well, I mean, I'm not gonna reset two friggin' maps. So I guess fuck my asshole and my support triangle. Absolutely excellent, goddamnit, I love my luck and FE.

Oh wait, actually, that wasn't even a second map. It was the second part of the first map. Guess that explains the weird turn count.

...Still doesn't explain why the creator thought it was a good idea to put a bazillion siege tomes in unreachable spots.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Great.

Fucking amazing.

I go play this stupid hack just to relax, and what happens? I encounter a map that does the Conquest final chapter funny, so I have to go two maps without saving (though to be fair they were two short maps, but still)... And then my warrior gets hit by a 23% eclipse and a 28% bolting and dies two turns before the end.

Well, I mean, I'm not gonna reset two friggin' maps. So I guess fuck my asshole and my support triangle. Absolutely excellent, goddamnit, I love my luck and FE.

...man the RNG really hates you. Hopefully you took advantage of this being a hack to use a save state to tell that no saving between maps to fu-

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh wait, actually, that wasn't even a second map. It was the second part of the first map. Guess that explains the weird turn count.

...Still doesn't explain why the creator thought it was a good idea to put a bazillion siege tomes in unreachable spots.

Well parts of maps I guess. Also the unreachable sieges sound annoying, unless the game is very generous with good staves, or there are large holes in their coverage, like in FE7's final map.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
typos

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...man the RNG really hates you.

Old news, I'm afraid.

Hopefully you took advantage of this being a hack to use a save state to tell that no saving between maps to fu-

Hahahahahahahaha... No, unfortunately, I am a dumbass who likes playing with fire. And then I got burned, by the RNG.

Well parts of maps I guess. Also the unreachable sieges sound annoying, unless the game is very generous with good staves,

Hah! Heck it is. I haven't gotten a berserk, a sleep, a silence, a warp or even a sad little rescue staff. Absolutely fucking nothing. They gave me one physic, and that's it for ranged staves. So unless there was a silence staff in the one village that I let be destroyed...

or there are large holes in their coverage, like in FE7's final map.

There was a crooked path with lots of twists and turns and 11 turns to get to the boss (at first the map presented itself as a 9 turn defense map, but on turn 9 it switched to a mad rush to a throne with a 20 turn limit... except the 9 turns from the first part were still counted). They covered the entire thing, no questions asked. Heck, my units were taking like four or five shots in total every turn, that's how many there were.

Honestly, I think the concept's cool, but he got WAY carried away with the siege tomes. Even if the hitrates are low... well, all it takes is one unlucky break and this shit happens. He had a legendary, too. Sigh... Today's just not my day, is it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Poor Zin, though. I have a feeling he’s the guy everyone benches.

I didn't.

Don't worry, Zin does get decent times to shine in this game. And the next.

......and then he doesn't show up again until Kuro.

45 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Does cold water have an other visual look than other lake water?

There's no specific visual but any bodies of water you find in places that are cold will be cold. So it's just common sense.

44 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So my computer fan blades are making a "squeaking" noise, what gives?

Fans are dying, perhaps?