Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You'd be surprised. Game controls pretty smoothly once you get used to it.

I'll never accept that motion controls can be unresponsive, even just a little. It bothers me almost as much as games having crummy cameras. 

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'll never accept that motion controls can be unresponsive, even just a little. It bothers me almost as much as games having crummy cameras. 

They can be unresponsive if done wrong but if done right, they are pretty great.

At any rate, it works really well with Metroid Prime. Free aiming based.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They can be unresponsive if done wrong but if done right, they are pretty great.

At any rate, it works really well with Metroid Prime. Free aiming based.

Ive yet to play a game to where they are where they should be. 

Metroid Prime has an auto lock system, though. For the Gamecube version, is believe its just holding down the L button and it snaps to an enemy and follows them.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Metroid Prime has an auto lock system, though. For the Gamecube version, is believe its just holding down the L button and it snaps to an enemy and follows them.

The Wii version has it too but free aiming has worked out fine for most enemies. It's really only the small and fast ones that I would lock on to.

And Scan Visor with free aiming makes looking for whatever it is you need to scan faster too.

Yeah, no. Everything in Metroid Prime takes like a million hits to kill. You would just use lock-on anyway.

The game you actually want to play with Motion Controls is Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Sky. It's like the Wii was made for that game.

Edited by BrightBow

Oh, I forgot to mention it, but I played some Game That Armagon Recommended To Me earlier. I made it to the Rookie Harbor, which I find insulting, because I'm not a rookie.

I hated it, I really hated it. I could not find any flaws, the gameplay was really fun and while I'm not entirely sold on the anime MMORPG setting yet, the characters were endearing. Except that idiot with the spikey green hair, but I can tell I'm going to love him by the end of this, even if it's for all the wrong reasons. So yeah, I hate that I'm liking it.

I will now try again, hopefully I will find reasons to get back at Armagon this time.

Good morning to everyone.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, I forgot to mention it, but I played some Game That Armagon Recommended To Me earlier. I made it to the Rookie Harbor, which I find insulting, because I'm not a rookie.

I hated it, I really hated it. I could not find any flaws, the gameplay was really fun and while I'm not entirely sold on the anime MMORPG setting yet, the characters were endearing. Except that idiot with the spikey green hair, but I can tell I'm going to love him by the end of this, even if it's for all the wrong reasons. So yeah, I hate that I'm liking it.

I will now try again, hopefully I will find reasons to get back at Armagon this time.

Tsundere Ruben at his peak.

11 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

"W-What!? I don't like this game, b-baka!"

The leader of the Fruits of Autumn is called Apple in Spanish.

Great. At least it's not a brigand this time.

14 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

"W-What!? I don't like this game, b-baka!"

Hush, you two.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

lurrUKcU_o.png

Beautiful. To the meme folder you go.

I do have to say, I'm running into some minor problems because I disabled tutorials hoping it'd let me skip the demo portion of the game (it didn't), and then I forgot to re-enable them for like, ever, so now I have no idea what I'm doing. But that's okay, I'll manage.

Done with the Artifact collection, a few things might've stumped me for a moment, but overall it wasn't truly difficult in any way. And I grabbed the last Charge Combo, even if I'll never practically use it. I didn't find any expansions on my own. (Although I did because curious looked at a guide to grab a few more. When I started the game up today, it said 75%, from which you have to subtract few more percentage for coincidental guide help, I think I was probably 60-65% completion entirely on my own.) This leaves me ready to return the relics to their proper place and confront what awaits -tomorrow. I want to be fully refreshed for the end. 

Although for Samus, how long do her missions take? I think a problem is questionable canonicity of save points, since they and her gunship are the only places of refuge usually around. If save points don't stand in for a relatively safe spot where Samus can take a moment to rest in, and are purely there for gameplay, then Samus can't afford to ever sleep on the job. Which makes me think that she goes from first upgrade to final boss in the course of a single day without ever taking a real break. Does that sound insane?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The Wii version has it too but free aiming has worked out fine for most enemies. It's really only the small and fast ones that I would lock on to.

The lock system has a fundamental difference between Trilogy and non-Trilogy MP1&2 based on what I've seen.

• Lock-on in 3 and the motion controlled versions of the prior games fix the camera and Samus's movement on the enemy, which is also true of the GC versions.
  • However, the GC Primes also fix the Arm Cannon in place, you can't adjust your aim without holding down R to manually aim (which also locks your feet into place).
    • This could be good if you're a bad marksman. Or, it could be bad if the angle for your shots from the lock-on position are iffy in some way.

Trilogy has a run & gun advantage, on paper at least, can't say how useful it'd be without playing it myself. This advantage exists because you can't run and shoot up, down or to the side while running in the GC versions, only locked-on or straight ahead. Nor can you look down as you jump in GC, for it'll leave you falling where you went to manual aim, this means you can never see where your feet are when you leap, you won't know how much you fell short of getting on another platform or how far you got onto the next.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

And Scan Visor with free aiming makes looking for whatever it is you need to scan faster too.

Except for a few situations, auto lock is much more reliable.

Okay, that's enough CrossCode for now. Remember that hack I said I found? Well, I found another one. This one has a timeskip, and half the males grow a beard after it, which means I simply must play it. It's called The Lonely Mirror, I'll let you know how it goes if you guys want.