Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

whatever you prefer^^

i prefer controller myself, but you can it up how you want

So a controller is supported, no external plugins needed or anything?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It was alright.

only because you wanted easy battles 😛

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So a controller is supported, no external plugins needed or anything?

yeah Geofront peeps made awesome work

ToD5c52.png

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's crazy how this has literally never been topped. Like nothing has come even close, before or after.

and never will aslong as Falcom keeps cheapening out on music. 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

only because you wanted easy battles 😛

What if you

Wanted to beat the boss

But the boss said

"I am literally one level above you, you cannot win".

Just now, Armagon said:

What if you

Wanted to beat the boss

But the boss said

"I am literally one level above you, you cannot win".

On Nightmare i might believe you

But on Normal i defeated a few underlvld

That, and you gain levels super fast in Origin

But on Normal i defeated a few underlvld

That, and you gain levels super fast in Origin

I think I got away with it until I got to Not Biollante. That's when I started grinding for levels.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I think I got away with it until I got to Not Biollante. That's when I started grinding for levels.

desert Boss?

Yeah i hate him too

Nightmare really soured me on that guy lol

Edited by Shrimperor

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I played that already.

It was alright.

Yeah, like i have yet to play a great Ys game cause i dropped 7 after like the fifth boss in a row that had Godzilla durability and Origin was just alright to me.

Oh!
Sorry, I forgot, haha!

I'd say VIII is a great Ys game. It is very much longer than the others, though.
Though I dunno how long Seven is, I expect it to be not quite as long as VIII.

---

Also, one thing I forgot! Completion status before the final boss!
pLLJTjK.jpgJ4cV7DO.jpg

Not bad for a first run, I'd say!~

And my main team:
SxUlztI.jpg

So my headset is falling apart. It's been having issues for a long time, but it's definitely gotten worse. I have to throw my head all over the place and fiddle with the cable just to get both sides to work for 5 seconds. It's horrible. Probably time to get some new headsets.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

pLLJTjK.jpg

Treasure being at 98.8 triggers me ngl xD

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah Seven is like 40% shorter than Ys 8. It's where they started making their games longer tho

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

desert Boss?

Yeah i hate him too

Probably the worst boss in the game imo.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Might be idk. If I've got time before I head to work in like 55 minutes, I'll check where I last ended off.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So my headset is falling apart. It's been having issues for a long time, but it's definitely gotten worse. I have to throw my head all over the place and fiddle with the cable just to get both sides to work for 5 seconds. It's horrible. Probably time to get some new headsets.

Oh yeah, your headset is on it's deathbed. I've had that happen before.

Treasure being at 98.8 triggers me ngl xD

Same to be honest, haha

For whatever reason, I cannot find the treasure chests I'm missing. Since there is postgame stuff I still need to take care of, I might try to rectify this, as well, while I'm at it. xD

Yeah Seven is like 40% shorter than Ys 8. It's where they started making their games longer tho

I see!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Probably the worst boss in the game imo

yeah i agree

I over lvld like 4 level for him on Nightmare because of his fucking heals

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

For whatever reason, I cannot find the treasure chests I'm missing. Since there is postgame stuff I still need to take care of, I might try to rectify this, as well, while I'm at it. xD

Pro tip: Before you enter the post game dungeon, get yourself a healthy dose of healing items and food. There's no healing point until the 6th floor!

And the dungeon is not easy!

Pro tip: Before you enter the post game dungeon, get yourself a healthy dose of healing items and food. There's no healing point until the 6th floor!

And the dungeon is not easy!

Will do! Thank you! ^^

10 hours ago, Benice said:

What sort? I could potentially recommend some.

I don't have any cash to buy any at the moment, I just have a big backlog I almost never muster the will to get through and need to pick something from it. 

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

So i'd say now is a good time to get started on CrossCode

I might then, although I've another game I'm thinking of finally tackling as well. No reason I can't juggle two games at once however.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Met the Luminoth who i deadass thought they were Chozo but they aren't (common ancestor, maybe? They look similar enough)

I think the designers just wanted something Chozo-ish, but not the Chozo exactly. Something familiar, without making the entire universe Chozo writ large. 

Can the Luminoth experience a mysterious flash of light and wind up on Mira? The Orphe might like having another intelligent humanoid-insectoid species around. The Luminoth wouldn't be out of place.

And then it hit me: this game is literally just A Link Between Worlds Metroid Edition (even though ALBW came out nine years later but shhhhh). Now, this fact is incredibly obvious in hindsight but before i played the game, i thought Aether and Dark Aether was just a twin planet situation and you fly between them. The fact that this game is A Link Between Worlds didn't hit me until later.

I alluded to this before, I used the Japanese subtitle Triforce of the Gods (Eek! Gods! NoA '90s censorship engage!), which you mustn't have picked up on. Although the Wiki doesn't cite any sources, it claims that in interviews it was outright said that A Link to the Past inspired the Light-Dark divide.

Also i'm specifically making the comparison to Between Worlds and not A Link to the Past because in the latter, you can just warp between the two worlds whenever, whereas in the former, you need to go through portals, just like in Metroid Prime 2.

Correction- the Magic Mirror only let you warp from the Dark World to the Light, and then leaves behind a sparkly spot where you can return to the Dark. This isn't as free as you're thinking it is. Since, if it was, you'd be able to tackle the Dark World dungeons and save the maidens without ever confronting Agahnim. You could save Zelda at Turtle Rock while she is still in Hyrule Castle.

You're never granted the ability to warp from Light to Dark anywhere anytime, it's always via portals. Oracle of Ages does give you the freedom you're thinking of, but only with the lategame Tune of Ages and even then "mysterious forces" keep you from warping in the graveyard.

So i thought of a fun way to play Xenoblade 2 next time. Each character will only be allowed to use two elements. One will be whatever their first Blade is (in Rex's case, he will not be allowed to use Pyra after Morag joins), the other element, i'll let you guys pick. So it'll be like a PMU except it's a PME (pick my elements). Tora is banned from this btw, though i'll allow him to remain in the party until after Morag joins.

So four playable character because Tora is banned, eight elements, 8 divided by 4 is 2.

I'll let you know when i actually decide to this but i think it'll be fun.

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I see!

For the record, i am 3 hours and 55 minutes in as of the room right before the fire shine's boss. Also, i hadn't played Ys 7 since 2019 lol.

@Shrimperor is that normal play time for that point in the game?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correction- the Magic Mirror only let you warp from the Dark World to the Light, and then leaves behind a sparkly spot where you can return to the Dark. This isn't as free as you're thinking it is. Since, if it was, you'd be able to tackle the Dark World dungeons and save the maidens without ever confronting Agahnim. You could save Zelda at Turtle Rock while she is still in Hyrule Castle.

Ah. It's been a while.

But it's still more freedom than what you're given in A Link Between Worlds or Metroid Prime 2.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, your headset is on it's deathbed. I've had that happen before.

It's only one year old. Disappointing. Oh, well, here's hoping the next turns out better. I've been eyeing the Razer BlackShark V2, which seems pretty good for what my needs and budget are. Only problem is, it will arrive on thursday. But, eh, worst case scenario, I can switch to my older headsets. The sound quality is... headache inducing, but at least they fucking work.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So i thought of a fun way to play Xenoblade 2 next time. Each character will only be allowed to use two elements. One will be whatever their first Blade is (in Rex's case, he will not be allowed to use Pyra after Morag joins), the other element, i'll let you guys pick. So it'll be like a PMU except it's a PME (pick my elements). Tora is banned from this btw, though i'll allow him to remain in the party until after Morag joins.

So four playable character because Tora is banned, eight elements, 8 divided by 4 is 2.

I'll let you know when i actually decide to this but i think it'll be fun.

Use the bad character. Whoever it is.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Use the bad character. Whoever it is.

This is the worst Blade in the game (combat-wise)

LKXkmL6PahG-h9jUu_5iosmRdbl4PqtPfdUkIe3n

A shame, cause he's got a cool design, heh.

Although his personality sucks shit too so eh.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well, it's not my style, like all of Xenoblade, but it is pretty good. Literal flame armor is a pretty cool idea.

Good. He's a complete joke of a character. Use him.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Godfrey, NOOOOO! 

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Sooks, the true protag of Teehee?
Fine with me!

No, that’s still you. It sounds like I’m just the avatar.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No, that’s still you. It sounds like I’m just the avatar.

You're both the protagonist and the avatar!

Inb4 Sooks is Corrin

Good morning to y'all.