Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Vris44th o

Never mind, no time to worry about Hector now. It's old man manakete time! Just as soon as I free him from his cell and fetch him his dragonstone.

Bantu's long-lost brother.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Bantu's long-lost brother.

Basically, yeah. Only difference is, I'm pretty sure his dragonstone has infinite uses, which is nice. Other than that, though, same deal. Garbage bases, garbage growths. Still, I've no tanks, and this guy just so happens to form a support triangle with two of my mainstains, so that's awesome.

@Saint Rubenio I apologize sincerely, I had already saved over Azel killing Kinbaith and Arden was 1 space away from killing Elliot. This is depressing.

The part where you run up the spire surrounded by lava with a giant dragon statue staring you down to get the boss key is really cool, and then it becomes even cooler when you have to run back down it while a boulder is chasing you even if it’s okay incredibly easy to not get hit by said boulder.

@Benice is there not a heart piece in the Earth temple? I can’t find anything in-game or online.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Evh5yf2x o

Lord Hector!? Not dad? No…

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, Spara said:

@Saint Rubenio I apologize sincerely, I had already saved over Azel killing Kinbaith and Arden was 1 space away from killing Elliot. This is depressing.

A A A A A H

Fine, kill Reptor with him and I'll forgive you.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, 'fraid Hector got the short end of the stick here. Lyn gets to be slightly more important than she is in FE7 and Eliwood gets to appear in more than one cutscene unlike in FE6. Hector dies offscreen and doesn't even show up at any point. Kent got more out of this game than he did. Oof.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Rath or bust. Not the case either, I'd wager.

Dayan has a big-ish role in the story and he's never refered to as Saya's grandfather, so no, most likely. As far as I know, the game takes the same approach as FE6 did with Roy's mom: dad doesn't exist.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

A A A A A H

Fine, kill Reptor with him and I'll forgive you.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention this:

After that, I put him through the arena, and he missed 7 65%s in a row and died on Weissmann. He's cursed.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dayan has a big-ish role in the story and he's never refered to as Saya's grandfather, so no, most likely. As far as I know, the game takes the same approach as FE6 did with Roy's mom: dad doesn't exist.

Well it sounds like it can’t really be Hector or Rath then, and it being Eliwood would kind of destroy the plot, wouldn’t it? If Eliwood appears in more than one cutscene and him being the dad is never mentioned. So, by process of elimination, it’s probably Kent.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Se fue por cigarros y nunca volvió.

Shoot, this hack is more advanced than I thought! So I just had a gaiden map with a time limit. The setup was that we had to capture the place in a limited amount of time, otherwise we'd have to retreat because we have more important places to go to. I assumed this meant game over.

But no, actually. If time runs out, we escape and the game continues as normal. I even get to keep Feeler and the sage woman if I freed them beforehand. Capturing the throne does allow us to get to the boss's bank account, though, netting us a fine amount of cash.

That's... really interesting. Have there been any official FE maps that let you fail like that, and the game goes on? I can't remember any off the top of my head.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention this:

After that, I put him through the arena, and he missed 7 65%s in a row and died on Weissmann. He's cursed.

Jikes... The universe is against Arden. But don't let that deter you. Arden deserves the world.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Well it sounds like it can’t really be Hector or Rath then, and it being Eliwood would kind of destroy the plot, wouldn’t it? If Eliwood appears in more than one cutscene and him being the dad is never mentioned. 

Actually, I don't know about Eliwood. Up to this point, all of my playthroughs were in Japanese, since the translation was only released recently. Eliwood gets a cutscene with Lyn with sappy music in the background at the very end of the game. That gives him some chances, but I'll have to get to them to find out what's up.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So, by process of elimination, it’s probably Kent.

Come to think about it, he too gets a scene with Lyn with sappy music in the background. Hm. We'll see.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Se fue por cigarros y nunca volvió.

Jajajajajajaja... Resulta que al final Papá es Sain.

57 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  • Leaves him with the baby that isn't even his
  • MC goes on to raise the daughter as her stand-in mother with his brother by adoption

C U C K

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Rath or bust. Not the case either, I'd wager.

There's only one truth. Lyn even goes mama bear in Smash!

Lyn protecting Roy. LynXEliwood confirmed canon. | Fire emblem, Best waifu,  Smash bros

7dsuiff2 o

Relatable

0nyi3qee o

I am tempted.

I am really tempted.

...Fuck it, literally everyone in my team has all of the speed and lesser strength. He's the only slowpoke. He gets it.

I changed my mind, I'll give it to the Wrys lookalike instead. He can actually use it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You know, I'd give FFXIV a chance -if there was an offline version. I don't do online and game subscriptions, I don't have the attention span to make the latter worth it.

Same except for the part where I don't care about Final Fantasy lol.

I mean I won't lie, I have been eyeing Phantasm Star Online 2, especially since it got that beefy expansion. Why have I been eyeing it? Cause it looks like the closest thing to a Xenoblade MMO and I feel like if we ever got one, bias would make me actually put some time into it.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Basically:

• MC's wife doesn't see him as a man
  • Cheats on him
  • Leaves him with the baby that isn't even his
  • MC goes on to raise the daughter as her stand-in mother with his brother by adoption
  • Everyone in this "family" is not blood related.

it has the making of a cursed doujin yet it's unexpectedly wholesome lol

This sounds like such a sweet story.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's... really interesting. Have there been any official FE maps that let you fail like that, and the game goes on? I can't remember any off the top of my head.

The most I can think of is the Donnel map where you have the secondary objective of leveling up Donnel but if you don't, he just stays behind.

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Lyn even goes mama bear in Smash!

Plot-twist: Lyn is actually Roy's stepmother.

Because Ninian is uh, you know....

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

There's only one truth. Lyn even goes mama bear in Smash!

Lyn protecting Roy. LynXEliwood confirmed canon. | Fire emblem, Best waifu,  Smash bros

Well, the truth is that EliwoodxLyn is the one pairing confirmed to be non-canon.

Just now, Armagon said:

The most I can think of is the Donnel map where you have the secondary objective of leveling up Donnel but if you don't, he just stays behind.

That's close, but you still complete the main objective of the map, which is to wipe out the bandits. In this one you just outright fail to capture the place you're assaulting and go "meh, we tried, let's go visit Eliwood everyone."

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, the truth is that EliwoodxLyn is the one pairing confirmed to be non-canon.

By what?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Plot-twist: Lyn is actually Roy's stepmother.

Because Ninian is uh, you know....

I’m pretty sure you mean Hector here.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They haven't outright deconfirmed it but consider Eliwood/Ninian (and Roy/Lilina) is like the most shilled non-confirmed couple by IntSys themselves......yeah.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's close, but you still complete the main objective of the map, which is to wipe out the bandits. In this one you just outright fail to capture the place you're assaulting and go "meh, we tried, let's go visit Eliwood everyone."

True.

But you know, even thinking about other SRPGs that doesn't seem to come up. Can't think of anything like this in either Valkyria Chronicles 1 or 4.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But you know, even thinking about other SRPGs that doesn't seem to come up. Can't think of anything like this in either Valkyria Chronicles 1 or 4.

The only one I can think of is Banner Saga. Except for a handful of battles, the game lets you keep going even if you lose, though usually there are consequences for it.

Time to start Metroid Prime 3. Will this be one to save them all?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The only one I can think of is Banner Saga. Except for a handful of battles, the game lets you keep going even if you lose, though usually there are consequences for it.

Do a run where you purposely lose each time and see how many you have left.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Do a run where you purposely lose each time and see how many you have left.

Funnily enough, my favorite would survive. There is one battle where he dies if you lose, but his presence can be avoided.

Every "I've been defeated, but I can't fall here."

Off the top of my head: Pretty much every Micaiah chapter in Part 3.

Interrupt the Laguz retreat in 3-6? 3-7 is about undoing it. Stop the Apostle's advance in 3-12? It works... for a while, then they keep marching anyway. Defend Nox Castle in 3-13... and you even beat Ike? Screw you, you lose the castle and Ike is barely phased if defeated.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They haven't outright deconfirmed it but consider Eliwood/Ninian (and Roy/Lilina) is like the most shilled non-confirmed couple by IntSys themselves......yeah.

No, since Biding Blade it was like that. Marcus tells Lilina in their supports about how Roy's mother's most favorite flower is Illian, to the point Eliwood willingly went there and back again to get one to gift to her personally. And I seriously doubt that Lyn, Miss "As soon as my grandfather kicks the bucket, I'm yeeting back to Sacae" would love an Ilian flower over a Sacaean one. Both Fiora and Ninian are Ilians, so it's a toss-up between them (as if, since as you say Ninian is the favorite), while Lyn was out of the running before it began.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Every "I've been defeated, but I can't fall here."

Off the top of my head: Pretty much every Micaiah chapter in Part 3.

Interrupt the Laguz retreat in 3-6? 3-7 is about undoing it. Stop the Apostle's advance in 3-12? It works... for a while, then they keep marching anyway. Defend Nox Castle in 3-13... and you even beat Ike? Screw you, you lose the castle and Ike is barely phased if defeated.

That's true, but this is a story defeat. In the gameplay, you still wipe out the enemy units, or kill the boss - you accomplish the goal and win the map. It's the cutscene that undoes it as far as the plot is concerned. What I'm saying is a map where you fail the gameplay objective. Time runs out, the critical NPC dies, your throne is taken in a defense map, etc. and the game keeps going regardless. I can't think of any aside from this one map in SoHaE.

Edited by Saint Rubenio