• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Mozu is very very very easy to train. She can get to lvl7 in her paralogue and if you reclass her before lvlup she will easily have the best offense in your team.

She saved my behind alot in conquest luna

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, so I really am not supposed to leave the boats.

Well, that's... not the dumbest concept for a map I've seen so far in this route.

Since it's a boss kill, I take the quick way out with this fight. Reina and Subaki get paired with Azura and whoever shall non-fatally assassinate Flora (or Cammy if she's the target, I forget).

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i think i'm just gonna drop SteamWorld Heist. Idk if the maps are supposed to get longer and i'm nearly done with the first world but man like, there's nothing for me to latch onto. Like literally nothing. 

I don't know if i played reasonably far enough to give it a score (i'm 95% done with World 1 out of 3) but considering this feeling of just.....boring emptiness is something i've never really felt with a game before.....yeah, imma score it. 2/10.

Like bro, maybe that's too harsh a score but even games i've dropped because they weren't my thing or because i thought they were bad didn't make me feel this way. I've at least felt something with those games. It actually would've been better if this game was just straight-up bad.

Hope my current avi doesn't bother you then. 

Personally, the simplicity didn't bother me, the action felt fairly tight- the premise of it being a "heist" felt real enough. My biggest gripe was the inventory was too small and weapons didn't need straight upgrades. 

I do concede the story and the characters aren't anything to really write home about. A bit of charm, but no true depth.

So I decied I wanted to go down memory lane and visit my first ever screenshot LP on SF, only to find all the pictures are gone. Rip in pepperonis. At least the RBY Randomiser Nuzlocke is still alive!

Just now, Sooks said:

^

My hot conquest take is that I unironically think Mozu is worth it.

I used Mozu once; she died on Chapter 16 in an Iron Man run and I told myself, "yeah, this wasn't worth it." I find it's enough to have just Niles when it comes to bow users, at least until Shura joins.

God, I love Niles.

I don’t really hate games as such, but I guess if I had to pick a least favorite it would be Awakening. I haven’t played many games I actively disliked, though. Certainly not enough to make a list. Even Awakening had some good bits by virtue of FE gameplay.

6 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

I used Mozu once; she died on Chapter 16 in an Iron Man run and I told myself, "yeah, this wasn't worth it." I find it's enough to have just Niles when it comes to bow users, at least until Shura joins.

God, I love Niles.

Niles, doing damage? What?

44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, you see, Silas boring, Mozu not, so I find a way.

Seriously though, that’s because the only effective way to use Mozu is to reclass her, feed her as much of her paralogue as you can, and watch her growths pick her up. After that, even in the early chapters her offense is really good (better than Silas’ for sure since she knows what doubling is), so she can definitely contribute. She’s squishy, but so are like half the units you have at that point, so it is manageable. Her stats should really only be bad in the beginning of her paralogue that way. Of course you could get unlucky like me, my Mozu is slightly strength screwed, but she can still one round with attack stance. Silas would never be able to do that so early. As far as what Silas can do, he can take one or two hits, but Effie can take like five and this early that’s really all you’ll need. He has better movement but eh, not too big a sacrifice. The only time I can think you would really want it is chapter 8 where you have to get 3 villages, but I didn’t use him and still got them all so it is doable. Plus with Mozu’s heart seal class being archer, she gets range without her speed being completely destroyed. Silas doesn’t have that privilege.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Mozu is very very very easy to train. She can get to lvl7 in her paralogue and if you reclass her before lvlup she will easily have the best offense in your team.

She saved my behind alot in conquest luna

Ehhh... I don't know, guys. I have to doubt the "easily" part when she's going to be stuck with bronze bows forever, this being Fire Emblem "slower weapon ranks than Binding Blade" Fates, not to mention characters like Corrin and Effie exist. She might beat Niles, and if you're a horrible person with awful taste and pick the boots over Shura she might not ever have competition, but from there to "easily the best offense in your team..." Yeah, I don't think so.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't think she's unusable, but... yeah, I don't think she's quite that good. And I also don't really like her, so... Pfeh. Why bother, is my assessment. I'd rather use a generic, to be honest. Generics are better looking and have bases that exist.

Leave it to Ruben to lash out at the first sight of positivity

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Since it's a boss kill, I take the quick way out with this fight. Reina and Subaki get paired with Azura and whoever shall non-fatally assassinate Flora (or Cammy if she's the target, I forget).

I needed to train my generics. Also, no flying generics yet, so I could not do that even if I wanted to.

8 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

God, I love Niles.

I thought I was the only one here who liked Niles and Shura and disliked Mozu and early boots. Glad to see someone else with actual taste.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Personally, the simplicity didn't bother me, the action felt fairly tight- the premise of it being a "heist" felt real enough. My biggest gripe was the inventory was too small and weapons didn't need straight upgrades. 

I do concede the story and the characters aren't anything to really write home about. A bit of charm, but no true depth.

I agree with this.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Believe it. My first Niles was wonderful. On par with Shura, he was. Good times. Shame I could not finish that run.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

part when she's going to be stuck with bronze bows forever

even with Bronze bows best offense, easily. Although usually i get her to D rank in her paralogue

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Worst games of all time, eh?

Elc1EgY.png

5 Conquest Runs

0 Good Niles

Binding Blade is up there with Genealogy, Thracia, and Conquest for me. Fundamentally it shouldn't be a good experience, but I somehow love it. My Iron Man Hard Mode run on it was a spectatular success.

It's a shame about your experience with Niles. In my 10+ runs of the game, Niles has always been a top contender for me, with his high movement, locktouch, reliability to kill flying units, and how easily he contributes to final chapter cheese. He's not a top contender damage output-wise, but his other unique utilities makes him a mandate on my runs.

Just now, Sooks said:

I've found combat-wise he does fall off a bit during the last couple chapters, but easy access to Shurikenbreaker and 9 movement still makes him great.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

even with Bronze bows best offense, easily. Although usually i get her to D rank in her paralogue

Corrin is absurdly overpowered unless you're me and Effie isn't too far behind. I will have to put a big "citation needed" on that until I try it out for myself. If I can even be bothered.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I thought I was the only one here who liked Niles and Shura and disliked Mozu and early boots. Glad to see someone else with actual taste.

I mean, Boots is nice, but Shura is an excellent filler unit when the game gives you the space for him, and pairing someone up with him gives them +1 movement anyway.

But yes, gotchu homie.

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

but his other unique utilities makes him a mandate on my runs

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

but easy access to Shurikenbreaker and 9 movement still makes him great.

While his skill set is great, especially if you want to do Ryoma's chapter legit, i find Nina does a much better job than he does

I will have to put a big "citation needed" on that until I try it out for myself

3rrxhhZ.png

uyMV4jv.png

rraZkUV.png

Just now, DodgeDusk said:

I mean, Boots is nice, but Shura is an excellent filler unit when the game gives you the space for him, and pairing someone up with him gives them +1 movement anyway.

But yes, gotchu homie.

and a staffer never hurts 😉

I usually like to have ~4 staffers in my team, so...

I have to doubt the "easily" part when she's going to be stuck with bronze bows forever, this being Fire Emblem "slower weapon ranks than Binding Blade" Fates

It doesn’t take that long to get to D, my Mozu is already there.

, not to mention characters like Corrin and Effie exist.

Corrin doesn’t consistently one round that early in the game, and Effie never consistently one rounds.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't think she's unusable, but... yeah, I don't think she's quite that good. And I also don't really like her, so... Pfeh. Why bother, is my assessment. I'd rather use a generic, to be honest. Generics are better looking and have bases that exist.

In the story, her design and kind of her character, Mozu is a generic farm girl villager.

You didn’t even try to use Mozu!

2 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

It's a shame about your experience with Niles. In my 10+ runs of the game, Niles has always been a top contender for me, with his high movement, locktouch, reliability to kill flying units, and how easily he contributes to final chapter cheese. He's not a top contender damage output-wise, but his other unique utilities makes him a mandate on my runs.

I've found combat-wise he does fall off a bit during the last couple chapters, but easy access to Shurikenbreaker and 9 movement still makes him great.

He has never had strength for me, from beginning to whenever I bench him.

Although he did get a strength level this chapter, which was cool.

2 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Now y'all just make me want to play Conquest again.

What kino gameplay does to a person xD

NGL now i want to do a Conquest run,  too xD

Yes i should forget Birthright and do Conquest

More Bowzu

frJwsiN.png

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Weren't you concerned a little while back that you were too harsh on games? Pffft watch the rest of us

Yeah I criticize gameplay a shitton, but I can also see the good in the same games, even if its not gameplay related. After all, there IS more to a game than gameplay!

11 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

YES

Exactly, goddamnit. He acts as a walking pair of boots you can slap on anybody anytime you need, and on top of that he can fight, heal and debuff. He's super great.

But yes, gotchu homie.

Big McThankies from McSpankies!

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

While his skill set is great, especially if you want to do Ryoma's chapter legit, i find Nina does a much better job than he does

3rrxhhZ.png

uyMV4jv.png

rraZkUV.png

This just in: Yubello best New Mystery unit according to Shrimpy.

Now, as for the reason I'm constantly memeing every other child soldier but act like a jerk towards Mozu... To be honest, I'm not sure. There's something about her I really don't like. I think it's her animations. As much as I like to joke about turning kids into mass murderers, Mozu having very blatantly displayed PTSD and it being played for laughs just... Doesn't sit right with me.

and a staffer never hurts 😉

I usually like to have ~4 staffers in my team, so...

At least you admit that Shura good. It's something.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Corrin doesn’t consistently one round that early in the game, and Effie never consistently one rounds.

Okay, this is just straight up wrong. What are you talking about? My Effies always one-shot everything but the tankiest of enemies!

the story, her design and kind of her character, Mozu is a generic farm girl villager.

A generic villager girl with severe PTSD played for laughs.

Yes, I know, just the other day I said it's pointless to be outraged about Fates's morality issues. Well, I'm sorry, I cannot control how I feel.

You didn’t even try to use Mozu!

I did. Thrice. And yes, I didn't reclass her, but... Bleh.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

CgMJcln.png

every Mozu lvlup

xhPFUPS.png

Not even Corncob can do this

Hey Shrimpy.

PEMN

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey Shrimpy.

PEMN

except the legendary Bowzinator has like ~70% growth in offensive stats so she will usually turn out good. Only in Paralogue you need to babysit her.

3 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

xperience she could get can be given to make good units better.

but she's a good unit 😛

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

except the legendary Bowzinator has like ~70% growth in offensive stats so she will usually turn out good. Only in Paralogue you need to feed her.

I'd rather give the deployment slot to Haitaka, who can fight and also has unique utility Mozu wishes she could have.

Ban Shrimp for suggesting the use of Ests.

I'd rather give the deployment slot to Haitaka, who can fight and also has unique utility Mozu wishes she could have.

Haitaka? More like Hightaka, since he's high up on the "beast" tier list.

Edited by DodgeDusk