Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

In stupid news, I have a problem.

Right now there are a load of bagels, like as if there's a Bigl infestation.

And no, eating all the bagels at once is not a solution. Not a feasible one anyway.

Send some to me, I don't care if they arrive tomorrow, I'll toast them then. I like a good bagel.😋🥯

Maybe they could be used for croutons? Do bagels make good breadcrumbs you could later use to coat a hunk of meat?

10 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Why, life?

7NZF7gu.jpg

A vicious cycle I know I've suffered from myself. Depression puts you out of the mood to do stuff, when the stuff that you could do would help refocus the mind elsewhere.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

On 8/3/2021 at 3:27 PM, Robert Stewart said:

Was thinking of doing a silly horses-only playthrough of FE3, perhaps.

And as part of said thinking, I was wondering if Pegasus Knights (which ride winged horses), Hunters (who promote into Horseman), or a certain shape shifting twink would be acceptable to use in said run.

:thonk:

I finished the other FE3 book 1 run I was doing so I may actually start doing this on the weekend

And maybe do an LP for the two people who might be interested in such a thing

Edited by Robert Stewart

The urge..... the urge. The urge to play Other M is eating away at me.

Like I know I said I wanted to focus on other games first. But I need to know. That and the fact that Metroid has become one of my new favorite video game franchises. I love this series man.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like I know I said I wanted to focus on other games first. But I need to know. That and the fact that Metroid has become one of my new favorite video game franchises. I love this series man.

🍿

Go ahead if you want, I'm curious. Although I'll take more PxZ2 as well from you. Did ya make it to Chapter 30 yet to compare how long it took you to get there vs. PXZ1? Just reminding you that you said you would for the sake of seeing how much bloat/whatever you call it that PXZ2 cut down on.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did ya make it to Chapter 30 yet to compare how long it took you to get there vs. PXZ1? Just reminding you you said you would for the sake of seeing how much bloat/whatever you call it PXZ2 cut down on.

I'm close, Ch.27. Only reason I've been chugging along these past two chapters is because for some reason, maps that take place in pure cyberspace don't mesh well with my PC so it lags.

That being said, I still made it farther in PxZ2 in less amount of time than in PxZ1. Once I actually get there, I'll post the times.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A vicious cycle I know I've suffered from myself. Depression puts you out of the mood to do stuff, when the stuff that you could do would help refocus the mind elsewhere.

I just wish I had the will to push through this. Recently only bad things have happened to me.

25 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

And maybe do an LP for the two people who might be interested in such a thing

I am interested, because I could never get into FE3 myself.

On 8/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, Robert Stewart said:

I was wondering if Pegasus Knights (which ride winged horses), Hunters (who promote into Horseman), or a certain shape shifting twink would be acceptable to use in said run.

They lose their mount when indoors, right?

4 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I am interested, because I could never get into FE3 myself.

Lucky for you, I have two other FE3 LPs  you can read right now!

...though one of them is with a romhack.

Actually, does an RR patch count as a romhack?

6 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

They lose their mount when indoors, right?

All mounted units lose their mounts when indoor, yes.

Cavaliers, Paladins, Pegasus Knights, and Dragon Knights all dismount to a shared class with identical bases to Cavaliers except for having 3 less movement using swords. Horseman dismount to become Hunters.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Dont do something your going to regret! Xd

Next update in Another Eden and it includes a whole sub-quest about... cat photography. Catography.

This game. XD This game. lol I love it!

37 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dont do something your going to regret! Xd

I need to know, Lightcosmo. I've heard so many things.

This ends in one of two ways: I like Other M. Or I hate it to the point that I have fun seeing how bad it is.

Either way, I don't think I'd regret my purchase there.

1 hour ago, Robert Stewart said:

Lucky for you, I have two other FE3 LPs  you can read right now!

...though one of them is with a romhack.

Actually, does an RR patch count as a romhack?

The reverse recruitment one realized my dream of a Cleric/Bishop lord.

2 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

All mounted units lose their mounts when indoor, yes.

Cavaliers, Paladins, Pegasus Knights, and Dragon Knights all dismount to a shared class with identical bases to Cavaliers except for having 3 less movement using swords. Horseman dismount to become Hunters.

Then I would use them.

52 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

cat photography. Catography

Ok, I need to play this.

I completed invasion 1 and Percy’s paralogue. Invasion 1 was smooth sailing after I realized that the boss doubled Odin (maybe handing him a nosferatu tone and Elise in defense stance then just throwing him in there wasn’t the best idea), and I did indeed get enough support points between Arthur and Effie for the S support. Now I can throw them onto the bench and bask in the glory of early Percy—

zDWFKLm.png
Really, Effie? Really!? Where was this when I wasn’t about to bench you?? The game is just mocking me. Speaking of unusual levels, Odin has been leveling speed and Niles has had 2 strength levels. 2! Odin also got a magic level at some point. If Niles keeps it up, I might maybe keep him around for a little bit, but unfortunately for him his wife does nothing for him since I picked her purely for their kid, as I am used to benching Niles as soon as her paralogue is unlocked. As far as Odin, if he keeps it up he looks very likely to get a spot on the team since nosferatanking is something only he is super good at (when the RNG is nice to him). I might still bench him in the late game when I start getting a bunch of kids, though.

In Percy’s paralogue I got 13500 gold, a new record for me. I got 7 units in one dragon vein spot, which is also a new record for me, I’m pretty sure. I experimented for a bit before I decided it was a far better strategy for getting gold to have the entire army on one side of the map, and after that I didn’t have too much trouble, but I did panic when half the map started charging toward the group. However, that was what gave me the opportunity to get 7 units in one dragon vein spot, and after killing the boss I led the remaining five cavaliers on a goose chase around the map to get them all in dragon veins. There were two on one side of the map and three on the other, the two were close to a dragon vein and their AI just couldn’t resist a Camilla without any equipped weapons, even if going for her was a really bad idea, so getting them wasn’t hard at all. The three on the left, however, kept following my main army instead of attacking unequipped Camilla in range, so there was where I began the actual goose chase, using pair up with higher movement units leading to just barely get all three of them to one dragon vein without dying. Shoutout to Haitaka for eating their hits like a champion when their higher movement caught up. Overall, the paralogue went really well.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Next update in Another Eden and it includes a whole sub-quest about... cat photography. Catography.

This game. XD This game. lol I love it!

It’s even better if you get to see the cute cats. Must be the best side quest.

Edited by Sooks

The funny thing is, this game came out in 2009, and Xenoblade Chronicles did in 2007. Clearly someone at SE thought to copy the concept, maybe. Because Blood of Bahamut... is pretty much people living atop giants. Though these are the classic FF summons. That said, in BoB you can get help from these giants in battle, as seen in the picture.

48 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Ok, I need to play this.

Haha, well, it would take a little while to get to that part if starting from scratch. Still, if you're interested in the game nonetheless, you're free to try it out. Literally. While it does have a Gacha system, the game is effectively a single-player game that is F2P... since it does try to earn revenue through the Gacha instead. Personally, I've never felt it's too intrusive. You can play just fine with what the game hands over for free.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Screenshot_5239.png

owned lmao

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The funny thing is, this game came out in 2009, and Xenoblade Chronicles did in 2007. Clearly someone at SE thought to copy the concept, maybe. Because Blood of Bahamut... is pretty much people living atop giants. Though these are the classic FF summons. That said, in BoB you can get help from these giants in battle, as seen in the picture.

Uhh you got the dates mixed up. Xenoblade came out in 2010, although they had the concept for a while.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Uhh you got the dates mixed up. Xenoblade came out in 2010, although they had the concept for a while.

Ah, I saw the date of Nintendo's acquisition of Monolith Soft instead.

Then two games using similar concepts coming out quite close. Who came up with it first then, I wonder...

Screenshot_5250.png

Screenshot_5253.png

This entire segment was just the characters gushing about Xenoblade's SSS-tier world design.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then two games using similar concepts coming out quite close. Who came up with it first then, I wonder...

So according to Wikipeda, Takahashi basically had a shower thought in June of 2006 and they were able to put it into a physical form in July

Xenoblade_frozen_gods_model.png

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So according to Wikipeda, Takahashi basically had a shower thought in June of 2006 and they were able to put it into a physical form in July

Xenoblade_frozen_gods_model.png

Hmm, yeah, best I can find for anything related to BoB is earliest at 2007, so most likely.

Edited by Acacia Sgt