Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, this was pretty well known.

My excuse is that I just finished Skyward Sword for the first time like three days ago.

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hey...I still do exist...well...though not enitrely here actually.

I cleared my mind in the past weeks mainly because I felt not well enough with my melancholic mood to make posts matching the thread's standards.

Well, anyways I used the time to make some streams with friends just have to have a bit fun with people, even if they're "just" virtual. I have been streaming a lot lately and also will do it in the future since having people with me gives me the motivation to finish the games I have had in my inventory for so much time. I have finished Mario Galaxy 1, Yoshi's Island and Ys Oath of Felghana in the past weeks.

Though the actual main thing is that I have passed my first exam of civil servant course today which is definitely something I can be happy and maybe a little bit proud of. Yet a long way is to go.

Situation for my relatives hasn't changed for my relatives the last time I was here, but there won't any relevant changes in near future unfortunately.

Anyways just wanted to say "hey" to prove that I'm still alive, but also tell that I am not longer an active member of this forum since I have decided to be active elsewhere, a place which gives me more motivation and also satisfaction. It's not that I dislike this forum or thread, but having the opportunity to act with other people gives me more motivation than just chatting.

My Youtube channel is open to everyone - this is not served as promotion - but only as invitation to maybe make some projects with me. I am going to start Fire Emblem Warriors and Shin Megami Nocturne, so these are games which might be appealing for joining.

Regardless I will go again and wish everyone of you a good future!

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Send some to me, I don't care if they arrive tomorrow, I'll toast them then. I like a good bagel.😋🥯

Maybe they could be used for croutons? Do bagels make good breadcrumbs you could later use to coat a hunk of meat?

Not the freshest sadly, but I think the only argument against them being a good bagel to send is that it'll probably take more than a day!

From my experience, I don't think they'd work for croutons, these ones are made from boiling and while you could probably shred them I don't think they'll crumb quite like loaf.

54 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I cleared my mind in the past weeks mainly because I felt not well enough with my melancholic mood to make posts matching the thread's standards.

Now hold on, I had literally returned this week! I demand joyous celebration /s

Though the actual main thing is that I have passed my first exam of civil servant course today which is definitely something I can be happy and maybe a little bit proud of. Yet a long way is to go.

That's good to hear you have going on.

Anyways just wanted to say "hey" to prove that I'm still alive, but also tell that I am not longer an active member of this forum since I have decided to be active elsewhere, a place which gives me more motivation and also satisfaction. It's not that I dislike this forum or thread, but having the opportunity to act with other people gives me more motivation than just chatting.

Yeah see, that makes a bunch of sense. I won't force you. (is this related to the streaming, which I assume it is?) (Also, a question that's in the back of my head for a while now, did you stop working on the hack out of curiosity?)

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah see, that makes a bunch of sense. I won't force you. (is this related to the streaming, which I assume it is?)

I do not stream every day, but yeah, this and work respectively my course pretty much consume all my freetime I have. I have to say...I also started...to feel...foreign here, I have to say, but it's probably just because of me and nothing I want to blame anyone here. I think it's the best now for probably everyone that I abstrain from this place. Very most people I got to know when I joined, aren't active anymore nowaways because they found different places. Same with me. Though I enjoyed and also learned a lot from the time being here.

(Also, a question that's in the back of my head for a while now, did you stop working on the hack out of curiosity?)

I am still working. Right now I am doing a civil servant course in human resources management a part of my work for a whole year. It will last till June 2022 estimated.

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

13e.gif

Ah, well. Worth a shot.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Maybe I shouldn’t have picked Conquest hard as my first fe experience in 3 months.

I think the solution is to bench Elise. Try it and tell me how it goes.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

zDWFKLm.png
Really, Effie? Really!? Where was this when I wasn’t about to bench you??

Uh... Okay, no offense to anyone, but every time we talk about Conquest I feel like this thread is transported back to 2008 Gamefaqs. Seriously, arguing that Mozu is unironically one of the best units in the game because "growths" even though it requires a hilarious amount of investment that could go into anybody else, Niles bad in spite of his utility, Shura worse than boots (okay this one is still a common opinion, sadly)... I swear if there was a proper Jeigan you guys would be calling them an EXP thief!

That being said, far be it from me to judge folks for using Mozu (even if it may seem that way, and I apologize for that), she seems like a fun unit to turn into something good if you actually like her... But "Effie meh" is the most baffling opinion for me. This is average Effie, in every single one of my runs. She gets a truckload of strength and defense, starts one-shotting everything and becomes my best unit for a good chunk of the game, every time. And then I look online and everyone seems to agree, it's just in this thread where it seems like Effie is bench material and Mozu is so much better than her in every way! How?! How'd that happen!?

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Shoutout to Haitaka for eating their hits like a champion when their higher movement caught up.

I told you, man. Haitaka is the best. He needs no supports to be amazing.

1 hour ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Well, anyways I used the time to make some streams with friends just have to have a bit fun with people, even if they're "just" virtual. I have been streaming a lot lately and also will do it in the future since having people with me gives me the motivation to finish the games I have had in my inventory for so much time. I have finished Mario Galaxy 1, Yoshi's Island and Ys Oath of Felghana in the past weeks.

Situation for my relatives hasn't changed for my relatives the last time I was here, but there won't any relevant changes in near future unfortunately.

My Youtube channel is open to everyone - this is not served as promotion - but only as invitation to maybe make some projects with me. I am going to start Fire Emblem Warriors and Shin Megami Nocturne, so these are games which might be appealing for joining.

Well, good luck in all your future endeavors, and if you ever want to drop by, you know where we are!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

it requires a hilarious amount of investment

one chapter is hilarious amount?

2 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Take care, Zan, and don't be a stranger!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

one chapter is hilarious amount?

Well, you do have to bend over backwards to feed this extremely underpowered unit a whole chapter of enemies that one-shot her (not to mention there are enemies in the way to her that you have to maneuver around while leaving them alive solely for her sake), when you could just give all of that experience to other units that don't absolutely require all of that investment to be viable, not to mention the heart seal to prevent her from being just a worse Haitaka, and giving her the early heart seal means Corrin can't get it, so if you want them to be in a class other than Nohr prince/ss that's an issue.

In today's world where bases reign supreme, that is very far from being considered "objectively good." Is she's Wendy tier? Absolutely not, she can be made to work relatively easily, but she requires a fair amount of investment that others don't. I would hesitate to call her "one of the best units" when you can just give her paralogue's kills to Corrin or Effie instead and make then even more broken than they already are.

I will concede, however, that she benefits from the low amount of archers in Conquest. I would personally rather use Niles or Shura, but I guess lack of competition does give her some usefulness. And I absolutely accept that she's probably a fun unit to use if you don't have an irrational dislike for her like I do. But... Well, not much more than that, honestly. I'd rather deploy Niles for thief utility and the ability to capture other great units like Haitaka, Kumagera, Nichol, Rallyman, etc.

Maybe I should give archer!Mozu a try in my next run. I've only ever tried to use her as a villager, because the early heart seal always went to Corrin. I'm starting to want to see what the fuss is all about.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

), when you could just give all of that experience to other units

who?

When you unlock that chapter no other unit needs the exp, not to mention they don't get much exp to begin with and it feels like a waste not to use it on Mozu.

The other option is to play that chapter after Ice and train Odin, but i'd rather have a strong Mozu with me for ice chapter.

giving her the early heart seal means Corrin can't get it

you get another one in chapter 9 Conquest....

when you can just give her paralogue's kills to Corrin

who gets like 10 exp from these enemies. Literally a waste

same with Effie.

Mozu would get more than 50, or just straight complete lvlups if you give her Paragon

the ability to capture

My Niles can never deal enough damage to capture anything xD

Except Nichol because he is a flier

I've only ever tried to use her as a villager

yeah that's a big mistake.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

who?

When you unlock that chapter no other unit needs the exp, not to mention they don't get much exp to begin with and it feels like a waste not to use it on Mozu.

The other option is to play that chapter after Ice and train Odin, but i'd rather have a strong Mozu with me for ice chapter.

You can give them to Niles so he can capture Haitaka better

you get another one in chapter 9 Conquest....

I forgot.

...Strike that from the record. It makes me look silly while I try to argue the objective viability of units.

You know, in the middle of my generics only run of Revelation.

...Why do I do these things? Why am I like this? I should just shut up. I never care about these things except when I'm arguing against Mozu...

who gets like 10 exp from these enemies. Literally a waste

same with Effie.

Mozu would get more than 50, or just straight complete lvlups if you give her Paragon

I mean, if we're going to argue paragon you can give it to anyone and make them great lol.

Otherwise, I see your point, but it's still kinda annoying to have to leave everything alive and painstakingly feed them to her over 100 turns.

Except Nichol because he is a flier

Hey Shrimpy.

PEMN.

Seriously though, he has a 45% strength growth. Sure, might not be as outrageously high as Mozu's growths, but that leaves his offenses on par with Kaze. Not amazing, but it should be enough to capture anything easily enough. Assuming he doesn't get RNG-screwed, but anyone can get RNG-screwed, it's silly to argue that against him in particular. Not to mention he can also use the shining bow after you get it to capture tankier enemies. There's plenty of options.

yeah that's a big mistake.

All right, fine. I don't know when my next Conquest run will be (certainly not immediately after this, I've had enough Fates for a while), but whenever it is, I'll see what all the damn fuss is about.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Rev burned you that hard? xD

Well no, but variety is the spice of life, isn't it.

...We'll see after I'm done. Right now I'm struggling with Chokepoint Hell.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, honestly, any one can work in Conquest. It all really depends on our personal experiences, biases and RNG lol

But Conquest is one of the most ''balanced'' FE games, unit wise

Yes, this is quite true.

...Maybe I should do a generics only run of Conquest. That would actually be really interesting, given how awesome generics in Conquest are.

Yeah... Hmmm...

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well no, but variety is the spice of life, isn't it.

true true

...Maybe I should do a generics only run of Conquest. That would actually be really interesting, given how awesome generics in Conquest are.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hah! Neat.

I don't think the patch is quite necessary, but I'll nab the resource code, because it's true that time traveling is annoying. Thanks!

Me when fighting out some boss battles after some time:

179c91b2a4bf8d1a52108b5b81d438a8.jpg

Edit: Okay, tbf this boss fight is easy even on Critical mode i just wanted to share best girl Aqua... several times in one picture. XD

Edited by lightcosmo

I don't know if the vaccine has an effect on mood or if I'm just having an episode, but I'm super angry right now for virtually no reason. I don't know why, I'm just in a foul mood.

Anyway, I beat Chokepoint Hell in like 40 turns. I swear, if I had died one more time I might've just quit, given my mood right now. Also, the cheat doesn't work, and I really don't feel like time traveling right now. Honestly, I don't feel like doing much of anything right now. But if I do nothing, I get bored and my mood worsens even more. It's so frustrating.

I don't know if the vaccine has an effect on mood or if I'm just having an episode, but I'm super angry right now for virtually no reason. I don't know why, I'm just in a foul mood.

Anyway, I beat Chokepoint Hell in like 40 turns. I swear, if I had died one more time I might've just quit, given my mood right now. Also, the cheat doesn't work, and I really don't feel like time traveling right now. Honestly, I don't feel like doing much of anything right now. But if I do nothing, I get bored and my mood worsens even more. It's so frustrating.

Wow, that's quite the conundrum right there. Well, everyone has one of those days where you don't quite feel like yourself.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I need to know, Lightcosmo. I've heard so many things.

This ends in one of two ways: I like Other M. Or I hate it to the point that I have fun seeing how bad it is.

Either way, I don't think I'd regret my purchase there.

I dunno, your heart might not be able to handle the laughing at the poor VA/writing! XD

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, that's quite the conundrum right there. Well, everyone has one of those days where you don't quite feel like yourself.

I think I'll just take a nap after lunch. Hopefully I'll feel better after that and I can continue my run in a good mood.

I think I'll just take a nap after lunch. Hopefully I'll feel better after that and I can continue my run in a good mood.

I hope that you feel better, then!

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Effie meh" is the most baffling opinion for me. This is average Effie, in every single one of my runs. She gets a truckload of strength and defense, starts one-shotting everything and becomes my best unit for a good chunk of the game, every time.

Effie sucked in my playthrough.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

when you could just give all of that experience to other units that don't absolutely require all of that investment to be viable, not to mention the heart seal to prevent her from being just a worse Haitaka, and giving her the early heart seal means Corrin can't get it, so if you want them to be in a class other than Nohr prince/ss that's an issue.

The first Heart Seal should be used to make Wyvern!Elise.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Marry Niles off to Mozu so he can be reclassed to Archer. Quick Draw + Certain Blow + Bowfaire = GODiles

qz0kPAo.png

Edited by Ghost_06_

7 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I hope everything goes well for you.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It could be a vaccine side-effect. Or not. Sometimes we just have bad days and we can't explain why.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't get a foul mood from my shots, but I definitely felt like shit. If that's not it, though, everyone just has those days, I think. Hope you feel better after the nap.

Despite now being on my third playthrough of HSoS, I finally noticed an item that is only on one enemy in the game, which said enemy never uses. But even still, Kaga's gone too far.

Screenshot_1245.png