Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Armagon be like "what be taste?"

Hey, the song that plays at the bar is really good. I like that song.

But man, basically nothing about the game has grabbed my attention at all. Like right now, it feels like the most forgettable game I've played in a long time.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Older than Dragon Quest, yet feels much more modern and way less clunky.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Becasue Ys actually changes systems every few games and evolves

Tbf, Dragon Quest's appeal is it's insistence on the old school.

Which I mean, good for them, (and I do have my eye on that DQ3 remake) but yeah, when it comes to RPGs, if I want old school, I'd just play older games.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That is actually possible in Ys 8, if you equip the item that makes you run faster. XD

61f08246218204802f0eebc8bf0420d9.gif

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh.

Orochi dies instantly to the ninja next to her.

Like, literally, instantly. She gets one-rounded, with a 98% accuracy, on turn 1 enemy phase. I have to kill that guy or else she dies.

Astrid moment.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And right now its evolving worryingly towards Crossbell you said.

that is true, and i am very concerned about that.

Although i was mainly talking about gameplay when i said that ''game evolves'' line, and i don't think Ys will be turn based any time soon xD

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And when change is bad- franchise = dead

also true.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am envious. I've never, ever had a good Silas. Every single time, his speed has remained in the single digits forever and I've had to drop him.

That'd be impossible on Rev. As Silas is one of those characters who actually had their level and bases reasonably increased for his later joining time on Rev. It doesn't work out so well for other people. And then you have Hana, who lost 2 Str & Skl on Rev, despite coming at the exact same base level as BR.

Saburo the archer and (Qui Gon) Jin the Ninja join the team.

Next I will... go and grind? Yeah, grind! It is against my nature, but... truth is, I'm not grinding for the sake of grinding. I'm grinding because as far as I can see, there aren't any lancers to be captured any time soon. This challenge I just found, however, happens to have a lancer boss! So yeah. Obviously I want the meme enemy-only class in my team, I mean, duh.

I think I'll have Reina solo the rest of the map so that this isn't an unfair experience advantage. I'm basically hiring this lancer for a little over a thousand gold. Not a bad exchange.

...Or better yet, Logbook Orochi can solo the entire map and then I get absolutely nothing other than the lancer. Yeah, that's perfect.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But man, basically nothing about the game has grabbed my attention at all. Like right now, it feels like the most forgettable game I've played in a long time.

Well, fair enough, I suppose.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That'd be impossible on Rev. As Silas is one of those characters who actually had their level and bases reasonably increased for his later joining time on Rev. It doesn't work out so well for other people. And then you have Hana, who lost 2 Str & Skl on Rev, despite coming at the exact same base level as BR.

I am so happy for him that he's better in the route where I straight up can't use him.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Change is good if it works out well, but failure is always an option with humanity. And when change is bad- franchise = dead, with little to no faith in a possible resurrection.

Words to live by!

There were two lancers in that challenge. Captured them both. One of them wasn't the boss, and thus his stats are lesser, but he's named gerald, which is cool, whereas the better guy is... Bernd. It's like the ugly cousin of Bernard. You know what, for the joke unit, I dig it. You can go free, Gerald. I need all the room I can get in the prison, can't have you living there for free.

Maybe Bernd grow to be a tough boy at least near the level of Derrick, and may he defeat the final boss and prove that lancers can be useful too.

Just when I'm reaching the current end of Another Eden's main storyline, Global version will be getting the next update soon. Well, just in time I guess, heh.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

motion controls option

Fun fact:

RG2EXS.png

Yes, Guilty Gear with motion controls was a thing that really happened. 

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And the homogonization continues 😛

Soon enough, there will be no turn-based or action-based game. There will be no platformer or shooter.

In the end, there will simply be: game.

Soon it will be just "Press A... you won! Roll credits!"

And people will still complain it's unfair BS and seek guides...

I had a dream where I went to school with Hana, Setsuna, Scherazard and the Rainbow Sage but with dark blue hair. We got a quest from someone working in the cafeteria that involved me exploring and Scherazard… deflecting asteroids? according to her description. Good ol’ dreams, gotta love ‘em. Even my subconscious was trying to tell me to play Fates. It was a little confused, but it had the spirit.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh.

Orochi dies instantly to the ninja next to her.

Like, literally, instantly. She gets one-rounded, with a 98% accuracy, on turn 1 enemy phase. I have to kill that guy or else she dies.

You know, the one character that I need to get.

Nice.

Don’t Saizo and Reina spawn with her? Do they not target that ninja?

I am envious. I've never, ever had a good Silas. Every single time, his speed has remained in the single digits forever and I've had to drop him.

Silas was good on my first ever Fates play through, but he’s sucked every other time. Though maybe he sucked then, as that play through was on Birthright normal.

He actually got a good level in this Conquest playthrough (which was his only level, he’s already been benched) but I find him extremely boring so I don’t care.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Soon enough, there will be no turn-based or action-based game. There will be no platformer or shooter.

In the end, there will simply be: game.

And yet people will still hate some games and love others.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

When I said game, I meant singular.

There will only be one game.

The game of Real Life.

Hey, next map is brand new! Outrageous! I can't see a way to exit the boats, which is dumb, but I'm sure they'll give me a way sooner than later, right?

Just now, Sooks said:

I had a dream where I went to school with Hana, Setsuna, Scherazard and the Rainbow Sage but with dark blue hair. We got a quest from someone working in the cafeteria that involved me exploring and Scherazard… deflecting asteroids? according to her description. Good ol’ dreams, gotta love ‘em. Even my subconscious was trying to tell me to play Fates. It was a little confused, but it had the spirit.

The Rainbow Sage, though. That's the most fascinating part of that. Why the nobody NPC who appears once per route...? I know dreams make little sense most of the time, but surely there's got to be a reason your mind decided to show that character of all characters...

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Don’t Saizo and Reina spawn with her? Do they not target that ninja?

She dies before they can even move lol. First there's player phase, then there's enemy phase, and she doesn't make it to ally phase.

I mean, it was as simple as killing that ninja immediately. It was just a bit of a shock the first time. I wasn't expecting that.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Silas was good on my first ever Fates play through, but he’s sucked every other time. Though maybe he sucked then, as that play through was on Birthright normal.

He actually got a good level in this Conquest playthrough (which was his only level, he’s already been benched) but I find him extremely boring so I don’t care.

Yeah, I have a similar problem. He's one of those characters who's just... really boring, and then as a unit he's not outrageously bad or good or have any fun gimmicks. He just... exists. I use him for a while in Conquest and then drop him like a brick.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Soon it will be just "Press A... you won! Roll credits!"

There are already some Playstation exclusives like this...

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The game of Real Life.

Permanently locked in Nightmare mode.

Ah, so I really am not supposed to leave the boats.

Well, that's... not the dumbest concept for a map I've seen so far in this route.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

btw @Saint Rubenio if you want Rev map gimmicks done right play Heirs of Fate

I've been wondering about Heirs of Fate for a while, actually. At some point I'll play it. Right now, though, it's not the kids' time to shine.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Qui Gon Jinja

FIFY

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am so happy for him that he's better in the route where I straight up can't use him.

He can get Master Ninja in all routes though, Kaze friendship exists.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

When I said game, I meant singular.

There will only be one game.

And people will still be mad when no announcement for updates comes.

Oh my God I can't stop missing. I just lost the run because the avatar missed a 94. Can we please stop. I'd like to make progress this millenium.

...Never mind, the guy was weak enough that he went on "panic and flee" AI and didn't murder Kenshi. Excellent.

Edited by Saint Rubenio