• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Righto, logbook Orochi got. Had to do Ghostly Camp a couple times, and eventually I got tired and decided 3k from my legit coffers were a worthy investment in exchange for not wasting more time on the DLC.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s okay, a generics only run of Revelation on lunatic was destined to fail.

I didn't even get to the generics lol. The enemy stats were just too much, all my units got doubled. I'll leave lunatic to the pros, I'm just here to relax and lead an army of good designs.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

LoiVVKX.png

l62bRCX.png
KpMiPEv.png

I mean... Remember the glitches from my first Conquest run? This is nothing compared to that.

Romz5sxv o

Sheesh...

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, the battle pic at least actually looks cool with that red mist esque effect.

Yeah, I agree. It looks pretty neat.

Just now, Sooks said:

I wish I had your optimism. The effect just bothers me.

Understandable. It's just so weird... It seems like Citra glitches out in entirely unique ways for each person.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Romz5sxv o

Sheesh...

Oh yeah, I remember that! Like something straight out of Jack Skellington's attempt to merge Halloween and Christmas. Mostly for the "candy cane" look of the weapon.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh, so the plot for this chapter is straight up the exact same as its Birthright equivalent. Cool.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, I remember that! Like something straight out of Jack Skellington's attempt to merge Halloween and Christmas. Mostly for the "candy cane" look of the weapon.

A part of me is sad that the glitches fixed themselves upon updating Citra. Some of them were just downright hilarious.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I agree. It looks pretty neat.

Why did Citra have to give this bug to the one person who doesn’t like it?

Understandable. It's just so weird... It seems like Citra glitches out in entirely unique ways for each person.

It’s not just that, sometimes when battles start up there’s this white foggy effect that covers the whole screen, or sometimes only half of it from a horizontal line. One time that unaffected spiral you saw was just surrounded by white. Not a transparent white, but the screen was just flat white.

At least your bugs went away on their own, somehow. The trick to debugging Citra must be to do a run of Conquest while not using any good units!

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Are you playing on an Emulator?

Yeah, citra. This never happened on my 3DS.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Im not really all that familliar with Citra, but I could try to look into it if not one else knows, or you dont figure it out by then.

If you want to, I would greatly appreciate it. It’s not like I have anything.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, so the plot for this chapter is straight up the exact same as its Birthright equivalent. Cool.

What chapter? There’s no way you’re at the rainbow sage already.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why did Citra have to give this bug to the one person who doesn’t like it?

I mean, don't get me wrong, it looks neat on still images, but it definitely would bother me too.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s not just that, sometimes when battles start up there’s this white foggy effect that covers the whole screen, or sometimes only half of it from a horizontal line. One time that unaffected spiral you saw was just surrounded by white. Not a transparent white, but the screen was just flat white.

Oh, God.

At least your bugs went away on their own, somehow. The trick to debugging Citra must be to do a run of Conquest while not using any good units!

Bwahahahahaha... You got your work cut out to you, mate.

What chapter? There’s no way you’re at the rainbow sage already.

Wind Tribe. Plot is Birthright's plot, gameplay is Conquest's plot. Very original.

Wind Tribe.

Ohh, yeah, that one.

Plot is Birthright's plot, gameplay is Conquest's plot. Very original.

Having fun yet, Ruben?

Well. That was boring until I made a mistake and the wind put Azura between two enemies. I could've used Logbook Orochi to just cheat my way out of it, but I decided to be a moron instead and accept defeat. Soooo I'll do it tomorrow.

Goddamnit, though. That was the perfect move. Anyone else I would've just allowed to die, but Azura is important, so I can't. Well played, Fuga. Fsss...

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Having fun yet, Ruben?

I am certainly trying.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hope it's enjoyable! Not too complicated, nor too long. I think my run of the game was 20 hrs tops.

I played it a bit and my first thought was "this is an SRPG Metroidvania". Probably because of how you uncover the map as you go and because I've been playing Metroidvanias the past few months but yeah.

I hear SteamWorld Dig is an actual Metroidvania.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, what!? Fog of War!? In Fates!?

As you probably have already seen, this is more of """Fog of War""""" because the uncovered parts stay uncovered for the rest of the map.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A part of me is sad that the glitches fixed themselves upon updating Citra. Some of them were just downright hilarious.

Meanwhile, Citra updated and Project X Zone 2 ran worse. Had to revert to a previous version.

On 8/3/2021 at 4:47 PM, Dayni said:

@DragonFlames What caused the current pfp?

Ruben! xD
He was talking about how beards make everything better, and I jokingly wondered out loud what Arnice (my favorite character and protagonist of my favorite game) would look like with a beard.
And there we went. XD

On 8/3/2021 at 5:21 PM, Sooks said:

@DragonFlames I’m glad you’re staying!

Thanks! ^^

---

Also, I seem to have missed various things, it looks like.
What did I miss?

In any case, I played some more Ys: Memories of Celceta.
Man, that game is good! I'm really havin' a blast! Sure, gameplay-wise, it doesn't entirely reach Ys VIII's level (the party is way more unbalanced, with Karna being absolutely broken to hell and back on one end of the spectrum, and on the other side, we got Ozma being basically Sahad, but in slow motion, and Duren, whose attack range is nothing if not pitiful xD), but I'd be lying if I said I'm not seriously considering this a candidate for my favorite Ys game, because holy hell is it still fun!
Also, the story is nice! Lots and lots of lore getting dumped on us. Me likey!
What especially stands out to me is the characters. I find every playable character to be great in their own ways, and the cast definitely matches Ys VIII's in quality, I'd say. Jury is still out on whether or not Karna can beat Dana as my favorite Ys character... her chances are really, really good, though, because this girl is amazing. XD

Also, they brought back the Roos! Friggin' finally! Complete with the mechanic where you can transform into one with a fitting item, so that you can actually understand what they are saying!
Which gives us gems such as...
YXt5mGY.jpg

Wrong philosopher, but hey. The pun name is hilarious, so I'll let it slide. XD

Also, also... Ys did it first!
... Again!
LflcT3q.jpg

Looks familiar, doesn't it?
b0ec506527b22caef53bee4a39c95191ca28b14b

Remove the eyepatch and the eyebags, and we have a case of "Hey, you look familiar" on our hands!
Only in this case, King Lefance came before Dimitri, because while the PS4 version came out last year, this particular version of the game is already seven years old.
Between the school thing and week system being basically just Trails of Cold Steel 1 (also 3) and now this, I am convinced someone in the staff of Three Houses loved Falcom's games a lot. xD

Also, here we have two more examples of Falcom basically mocking themselves:
ybjOUpR.jpgTXjOxqa.jpg

I swear, that company is utterly baffling to me sometimes. xD

Edited by DragonFlames

So I went through chapter 2 with animations off, but in the story scene after the battle the fog effect I mentioned earlier made a horizontal line across the screen and formed a Z shape on the right side of the screen (with the top of the Z being said horizontal line). I don’t know what’s happening, but that’s a new one.

Actually, now that I look at it more closely, it makes a rectangle around the top screen with just the right side of the rectangle being a Z. I couldn’t tell at first because the portraits and text seem to be a layer in front of the fog effect.

Edited by Sooks

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

LoiVVKX.png

I just want to say that pink hair on Corrin is beautiful. And yes, I know his hair isn't actually pink.

Also, a Draggy-style hot take.
One thing that bothers me a little bit about the Ys series as a whole is actually Adol himself. Now, I will say that I find him to be a good silent protagonist, and I know these stories are his adventures so it makes sense he's the protagonist in every game sans Origin, but... does he really have to be the Super Special Awesome Amazing Chosen One (trademark) nearly each and every time? It kinda undermines his whole "just a random shmuck having adventures" deal when almost everywhere he goes, he becomes basically the center of the universe.

I do NOT dislike Adol, however. In fact, quite the opposite, especially after Celceta revealed some very crucial details about his actual character.
I'm just saying I do not agree with that part of how the writers decided to implement him into the stories they're telling.

Sounds like room for comedy. Random guy sees Adol coming in and, "Ah! It's that guy!" and prompt nopes out of the country. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

53 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I swear, that company is utterly baffling to me sometimes. xD

Me too me too lol

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

One thing that bothers me a little bit about the Ys series as a whole is actually Adol himself. Now, I will say that I find him to be a good silent protagonist, and I know these stories are his adventures so it makes sense he's the protagonist in every game sans Origin, but... does he really have to be the Super Special Awesome Amazing Chosen One (trademark) nearly each and every time? It kinda undermines his whole "just a random shmuck having adventures" deal when almost everywhere he goes, he becomes basically the center of the universe.

Honestly, i think it's a leftover from 90s style writing. While him being special is still a thing, nowdays it's attributed much more to his experience instead of chosen one :tm:

Celceta will shed a bit more light on that at the end

Ah yes, nothing like a good educational video to make me feel utterly insignificant.

I cannot even fathom a black hole big enough to fit eleven solar systems inside of it and the fact that it's probably even bigger than we think is genuinely scary.

59 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

swear, that company is utterly baffling to me sometimes. xD

Well when your series is older than Dragon Quest, you're bound to make fun of yourself here and there.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, i think it's a leftover from 90s style writing

Kaga moment

I progressed chapter 2, and after Leo casted his spell in the story scene, this happened:

iuu79IF.png
nGuFI0i.png
Then I did chapter 3, where this happened:

47zn7P9.png
lvEvNQ0.png

Also, Felicia leveled strength. I just find that funny.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

?

But Anakin doesn’t like sand.

I was saying that tRoS being bad is very obvious news.

Spoiler

I think the one I found a slight stretch in the video was about the dagger. I mean, there is a ton to complain about with the use of Anakin's lightsaber in the sequels it proceeds to remind us about, but it's not like terrible deeds could also have been committed with the dagger and that it was made for those purposes (as opposed to the lightsaber which was used for terrible acts by Anakin, who could have chosen better)

tLJ having Luke try to treat it as not a huge deal actually might have been the right call imo.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sounds like room for comedy. Random guy sees Adol coming in and, "Ah! It's that guy!" and prompt nopes out of the country. XD

"Wait, it's that Adol? Oh HELL NO I am going now!"

Proceeds to go to the location of the next game.