Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And the worst

POV: you had a wrong opinion

IMG_20210326_001520.jpg?width=768&height

5 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Also hot take: Spiral of Erebos isn't a good final dungeon track. Sorry, Cold Steel III.

POV: you had a wrong opinion

IMG_20210326_001520.jpg?width=768&height

• Replies 176.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

You literally have almost none of the arts unlocked, wait till you hit later game. Not to mention you don't have the skills that allow you to chain arts together.

Aight, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't borking the whole game up!

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, i assume you mean Zagi? 

Yup.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then with Draggy, there'll be three of us in that train.

*Four. I can't believe you forgot me, who dislikes Olivier and Silver Will!

'Morning, all!

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

Something had to counterbalance my greatness.

If you want the actual hot take (maybe this one idk), Trails only has three good final dungeon themes.

• A Light Illuminating the Depths
  • To Grasp Tomorrow
  • Spiral of Erebos

That's it.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Here it is though:

Literally murdering innocents: "People don't accept your true nature, but I do. I am very accepting. Marry me, and I will protect you from those intolerant fools who hate you just because of who you are."

Crossdressing: "Y O U   A R E   A   D I S G R A C E"

I love this guy.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

*Four. I can't believe you forgot me, who dislikes Olivier and Silver Will!

Oh. I was not aware.

Well, I disagree on both accounts (Olivier was the best thing of what little I played of Trails and I like Silver Will... even if I like it better in The Last Promise), but you're still based because you like Berwick Saga.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She deserves it. Too many people looked at her design and went "not another one." Myself included, of course.

I mean there's design and then there's people immediately responding to her with "Oh she's a golddigger" all the time.

Which isn't inaccurate, just that there are more things to mention.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Here it is though:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Leo: Through the time I've spent observing you and conversing with you... I've come to realize that you require special attention.
  • Peri: I do? Are you worried about me?
  • Leo: Yes, I'm gravely concerned for you. I don't know if someone like you can survive in this world.
  • Peri: Oh, don't you worry about that! I've got lots of practice defending myself!
  • Leo: You are strong, it's true. But there is some opposition even you can't overcome. Many people will not accept your nature.
  • Peri: What nature? What are you talking about?
  • Leo: Your enthusiasm for killing innocents. It will cause you to be widely reviled.
  • Peri: Hmmm... really?
  • Leo: So much so that you may find yourself marked for death as a result.
  • Peri: Huh? Why?
  • Leo: I don't want to see that happen. If you spend the rest of your life with me, I'll do everything I can to prevent it.
  • Peri: Wow, you really want me to stick that close?
  • Leo: That's the only way I can see to fend off these who don't understand you. I want to protect you, Peri. Forever. So... will you marry me?
  • Peri: Lord Leo!
  • Leo: What say you? Will you be my bride?
  • Peri: In a heartbeat! I love you so much!
  • Leo: You do?
  • Peri: Don't worry, Lord Leo! I'll protect you from the bad guys!
  • Leo: Hahah, the arrangement I had in mind was the other way around.
  • Peri: Either way! I'll slaughter all your enemies!
  • Leo: That's sweet of you to say. Thank you, Peri. And I'll do the same for you. If anyone ever grows so enraged at you that they threaten your life... I will kill them before they can lay a hand on you.

Ah yes, the writing bending all people so they accept and play into a mass murderer of innocents.

Truly where Peri shines.

What’s even funnier is that Leo spends their C and B supports scolding her and yelling at her for what she does. Makes the chain as a whole absolutely hilarious.

Edited by Sooks

To be fair, my opinions on Trails are probably invalid because I'm roughly 40% through the game and have put 32 hours into it, sooo...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I hope Ruben likes Rev so me and him can be the only two people in the world that like Rev.

B-but I also like Revelation...

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mentioned this before, don’t you remember? Your reaction was basically the same.

Here it is though:

2WNZgpH.png

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ah yes, the writing bending all people so they accept and play into a mass murderer of innocents.

Wouldn't really call it "bending", it's perfectly in character for Leo.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What’s even funnier is that Leo spends their C and B supports scolding her and yelling at her for what she does. Makes the chain as a whole absolutely hilarious.

It seems like a lot of his supports involve him trash talking people for doing things.

...Except in Felicia's case he kept calling her a "clumsy maid" and being snarky at her even while he proposed. Being a clumsy maid, in his mind, is a far worse offense than mass murder.

Great.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

B-but I also like Revelation...

Inconceivable. Revelation is bad according to the internet.

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

Aight, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't borking the whole game up!

also, Yuri is the only character that will eventually be able to maximise chain combos, characters like Estelle get way less in terms of raw offence. 

They make up for it with magic instead, but i'd say that the combo game is probably better in terms of "balance".

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who cares what the Internet thinks anyway?

I know this is because I picked nightmare so don’t take this as me heavily criticizing the game, but the very first gameplay part is kinda bad. The game just doesn’t give you the resources needed to survive. 2 EP charges? 2? Spamming healing arts is the only way you can survive these fights, and the latter ones with four enemies basically require you to use AoE arts to stand a chance.

It‘s also not helped by the fact that I really want to play Conquest. I think I will do that, because forcing myself through is going to ruin my experience of the game. I think I’ll go play Conquest, or at the very least get the emulator set up.

I should now be able to finish the game with no deaths, since I can make a save state at the beginning of the endgame.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If you want the actual hot take (maybe this one idk), Trails only has three good final dungeon themes.

• A Light Illuminating the Depths
  • To Grasp Tomorrow
  • Spiral of Erebos

That's it.

I think my favourite is Phantasmagoria if only because of the chest messages alongside it made for one hell of an emotional experience. To Grasp Tomorrow is really good, though, I agree. I think I like them all except for Spiral of Erebos.

More importantly, the best standard battle theme is Burning Throb (it's my current ringtone). I'm not counting boss fight music that ends up being the standard battle theme in the final dungeon here, since if I did The Fate of the Fairies would--and should--trounce everything.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think Revelation bad.

Revelation, however, is the only Fates game I haven’t played at least twice. I should probably refresh my memory on it at some point.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I think Revelation bad.

Revelation, however, is the only Fates game I haven’t played at least twice. I should probably refresh my memory on it at some point.

ain't worth it chief. respect your time and play something better

Just now, DodgeDusk said:

The thing is, I’m having trouble remembering why I think it’s bad. The only memory that comes to mind is that I thought most of the Valla maps were incredibly boring.

And that memory is actually strong enough to get me to not want to.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, Maof06 isn't the Internet, last I checked...

I dunno, man. Have we ever seen Maof06 and the internet in the same room?

6 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Who cares what the Internet thinks anyway?

Preach.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think Revelation bad.

You're a fan of things I'm not a fan of, clearly I must disregard your thoughts on the matter and continue with my reckless, potentially painful idea

What if I told you I'm about to play Rev but only using generics? That's like, twice the waste of time. Brilliant, isn't it?

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I know this is because I picked nightmare so don’t take this as me heavily criticizing the game, but the very first gameplay part is kinda bad. The game just doesn’t give you the resources needed to survive. 2 EP charges? 2? Spamming healing arts is the only way you can survive these fights, and the latter ones with four enemies basically require you to use AoE arts to stand a chance

You should've gone with the difficulty you're most comfortable with.

9 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

More importantly, the best standard battle theme is Burning Throb (it's my current ringtone).

Burning Throb is good.

Get over the Barrier is still best tho.

8 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Hey, if i can plan on playing Metroid Other M to see if it's truly that bad, then Sooks and Ruben can play Revelation to see if it truly is that bad.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're a fan of things I'm not a fan of, clearly I must disregard your thoughts on the matter and continue with my reckless, potentially painful idea

So what you’re saying is I shouldn’t even bother with Omori because I’m destined to hate it?

Just now, Sooks said:

So what you’re saying is I shouldn’t even bother with Omori because I’m destined to hate it?

No, you misread my message. I said that you're extremely based and we always agree on everything.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The thing is, I’m having trouble remembering why I think it’s bad. The only memory that comes to mind is that I thought most of the Valla maps were incredibly boring.

And that memory is actually strong enough to get me to not want to.

I think the only chapters I liked in Revelation were 16 and the final one--and the former was only because A Dark Fall came in to save the day. I think most of the chapters in the game are a slogfest with uninteresting gimmicks; the unit balance in the game is atrocious, and the plot is... well, I shouldn't have to say anything there. The only other moment in the game I liked was Takumi and Leo's support chain. I really don't understand how they laid the groundwork for some of the best gameplay mechanics in a Fire Emblem game, managed to make the brilliant gameplay experience that is Conquest, and then compeltely botched the "canon" route of the games with awful map design and objectives.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Best Trails final dungeon along with best final dungeon theme

This is why you're the face of this thread.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What if I told you I'm about to play Rev but only using generics? That's like, twice the waste of time. Brilliant, isn't it?

Now that's spicy.

I really don't understand how they laid the groundwork for some of the best gameplay mechanics in a Fire Emblem game, managed to make the brilliant gameplay experience that is Conquest, and then compeltely botched the "canon" route of the games with awful map design and objectives.

It isn't canon, though. A route where the best waifu is dead ain't canon in my book. I refuse to believe it. And I guess Scarlet dies as well, that sucks too.

Now that's spicy.

Right? Keep an eye on the thread if you wish, I'll be sharing my impressions as I go.