• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Thinking of checking it out one day now that i know Citra doesn't run like ass on my end.

Dooooooooooo ittttttttttt

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well i could buy it but physical copies seem to be a bit expensive

one of the reasons i am keeping my copy xD

Edited by Shrimperor

DdmQBWqT_o.png

Well, this is giving me some déjà vu. Where's Yubello when you need him...?

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Godspeed with the bad map in Birthright, Ruben.

Not sure if I'd call it bad, honestly. It's just brutal as shit. I'm figuring it out, little by littl

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

DdmQBWqT_o.png

Not sure if I'd call it bad, honestly. It's just brutal as shit. I'm figuring it out, little by littl

Well, this screenshot is what I’d call bad. Doesn’t look fun at all. It gives me Awakening and fe4 PTSD.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, this screenshot is what I’d call bad. Doesn’t look fun at all. It gives me Awakening and fe4 PTSD.

Well... Yeah. I suppose it's just New Mystery bias here. This is pretty good compared to FE12 chapter 20, where you just put one person at the entrance of the treasure room and wait. There was some strategy involved here, at least.

All right. I won't even try to describe my strategy because that was a mess from start to finish. Just know that Setsuna killed Iago.

Hoo, boy... Yeah, this was the Takumi's Fun Castle of this route. No two-ways about it. It was not as bad as Takumi's Fun Castle, because at least it didn't last as long and at least the boss wasn't worse than Henning (he does have Vengeance too, but he's way weaker otherwise, especially since I managed to land a hexing on him), but still... whew. Glad to have put that behind me!

Oh, great, I have an ear infection. Now my options are as follows:

1. Go to the nearest service center and risk picking up Covid while I'm in line waiting.
  2. Take the medicines I have here, which apparently works.
  3. Take the meds and if they fail I'll have to go to the hospital anyway and risk getting Covid, but this time my immune system will be weakened from the antibiotics.

Yeah, it was nice meeting you guys.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think Ryoma's a solution at this point. He hasn't seen a single fight.

You can always choose to sacrifice him.

Hylian shield obtained! First try too (well, it wasn’t my first time playing the boss rush but the first time I stopped earlier because I wanted the heart piece). I did get insanely lucky that the one boss I am really bad at was one of the 2 the thunder dragon didn’t pick, though. So yeah, @Benice am I officially good at the game now?

All right. Just had dinner. Time to play chapter Xander and see what it has to offer.

20 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

1. Go to the nearest service center and risk picking up Covid while I'm in line waiting.
  3. Take the meds and if they fail I'll have to go to the hospital anyway and risk getting Covid, but this time my immune system will be weakened from the antibiotics.

Sheesh... hang in there, man. Hope everything works out all right.

20 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

You can always choose to sacrifice him.

No deployment slots for a sacrifice.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right. Just had dinner. Time to play chapter Xander and see what it has to offer.

Let me know if you see the way to end it in 1 turn or if they took that out of lunatic mode.

What a funny map.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hylian shield obtained! First try too (well, it wasn’t my first time playing the boss rush but the first time I stopped earlier because I wanted the heart piece). I did get insanely lucky that the one boss I am really bad at was one of the 2 the thunder dragon didn’t pick, though. So yeah, @Benice am I officially good at the game now?

Yay! Good job!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously, Hana died to a 15% earlier. God fucking damnit man.

aka actually 15%.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least Henning doesn't get a plain chance to remove you from this planet when you hurt him. Vengeance on Takumi was a mistake.

Yeah, having a nigh 100% chance to proc is a bitch, when it leads to having potential for 25 damage when he's just about dead or consistently around 12+ extra unless your unit has low Str/Mag on top of that 48 attack. I still would argue vengeance is not as big an issue if you focus on finishing with a massive attack. But this is Fates, where I still feel like more ways and means are available compared to BB.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

DdmQBWqT_o.png

Well, this is giving me some déjà vu. Where's Yubello when you need him...?

Yep, that looks about right.

Also, pretty solid Setsuna with based Str.

43 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Can you ring them about the situation?

Hopefully you either don't have to go or if you do will be able to get some distance in these times.

Well, let's continue with Tales of Vesperia! I'm playing on Hard even though I almost died in the tutorial, so this'll be great!

Bwahahahahahahah

Ahahahahahahah

I should not be laughing. I feel like a monster for laughing. This would be a really well done scene if I didn't find both of these characters to be complete jokes.

Hwahahahahahahahah

Congratulations, Xander. You're the biggest idiot in this entire game. An idiot with no peripheral vision.

Also, dick move, Ryoma and Azura. He might've been unable to see to his right through his furrowed brow, but you guys were standing right there!

...And why didn't Leo go to Xander with the knowledge he had about Garon!? Sure, wouldn't be guaranteed to work, but... anything's better than keeping it to himself for no reason!

Anyway, that was certainly a scene. Unironically really good scene that I found absolutely laughable because I'm an asshole who stopped taking this game's story seriously around chapter 8 of Conquest.

5k4tfgvl o

It didn't help that Great Knight's fancy idle animation made Fishtail step all over Elise's corpse and start sniffing Xander's chest. Then the game did a dramatic zoom on his face... Or, well... Tried to. It missed his face and instead zoomed in on his shoulder and the back of his head. Pfffft.

Aaaaaand then there's the map. If you can call it a map. Fishtail, mundane as he is, is 1 point short of one-rounding Xander with the beast killer. Yeah, bastard has no speed. "Far stronger than he was before," my ass. Before you say it, yes, I get it. He's committing suicide by Fishtail, because instead of honoring his sister's dying plea, he instead chooses the coward's way out.

Of course, killing him with Fishtail would be boring, so after Fishtail crippled him, I killed one general, opened the door with Kaze and unleashed Setsuna on him. Reading the plot took about 4 times longer than the gameplay.

Welp. That whole thing fell completely flat. Now I just hope Garon will make me laugh some more. Garon's always good for a laugh.

I am sorry for being so needlessly cruel.

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Let me know if you see the way to end it in 1 turn or if they took that out of lunatic mode.

What a funny map.

Well... Read above.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

aka actually 15%.

Grr...

Yeah, having a nigh 100% chance to proc is a bitch, when it leads to having potential for 25 damage when he's just about dead or consistently around 12+ extra unless your unit has low Str/Mag on top of that 48 attack. I still would argue vengeance is not as big an issue if you focus on finishing with a massive attack. But this is Fates, where I still feel like more ways and means are available compared to BB.

There's... basically just one-rounding him with brave weapons (if you have any units that can make it happen at all) or using defense stance. If you already killed everyone else, you might not have any, and if you don't have anyone who can one-round with a brave weapon, well... You're fucked, basically.

Also, pretty solid Setsuna with based Str.

She's the best, I don't deserve her.

Pfft. Nice. She just went "psst Imma sing now" and then Gray Volcens went SYKE and just... sort of grabbed her. He could've stabbed her and literally won, but nah, let's just gently hug her. Not that this level of incompetence is limited to him, mind. Ryoma just stood there and let Garon shoot fire at him.

Amazing. At least he seems like he's going to be more of a challenge. There's enemies in the way to him, for one, and he has more than 15 speed.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Congratulations, Xander. You're the biggest idiot in this entire game. An idiot with no peripheral vision.

Also, dick move, Ryoma and Azura. He might've been unable to see to his right through his furrowed brow, but you guys were standing right there!

You don’t know this because you benched Elise, but it’s actually canon that Elise is faster than the speed of light, with her 65 speed growth in her base class, so of course Xander didn’t have time to react. She moved way too fast, smh you couldn’t see the inner genius in the writing.

...And why didn't Leo go to Xander with the knowledge he had about Garon!? Sure, wouldn't be guaranteed to work, but... anything's better than keeping it to himself for no reason!

Why did Corrin lead an invasion through Hoshido killing thousands of innocents instead of trying to tell the royals what he knew about Garon, or brining them to the bottomless canyon and bringing back one of those crystals to show them?

Well... Read above.

If it wasn’t obvious, I was talking about the door. It’s trying to mirror Conquest with both of them having chapters where Corrin and the oldest royal Corrin didn’t side with face off alone in a room, but unlike Conquest where the door isn’t openable and you have to actually play the map, they made the door to Xander and Corrin’s duel room a literal door that you can open with a key or lock touch, two tiles away from the closest spot where one of your units can spawn. It’s hilarious. The rest of the map is literally just a waste of space, they might as well have made the entire map just that room with Corrin and Xander and let you spawn all your units inside of it. It’s hilarious.

As far as Xander himself, most Corrins won’t happen to have a beast killer with them, so yeah.

Was thinking of doing a silly horses-only playthrough of FE3, perhaps.

And as part of said thinking, I was wondering if Pegasus Knights (which ride winged horses), Hunters (who promote into Horseman), or a certain shape shifting twink would be acceptable to use in said run.

:thonk:

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, fuck it. I'll do it tomorrow.

If it motivates you, that chapter is the penultimate chapter and the last real chapter, since for Endgame they decide to spawn you a couple tiles away from the boss and just fill a bunch of surrounding space with enemies again.

Though they take away your ability to save again, so if you’re unlucky like I was my first time through and you happen to miss a hit in the 70s… make a save state.